Pee Wee Buffy (resized).jpg
Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 924.
#27601 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That didn't take long
[quoted image]

The only surprise there would have been if it hadn't. Top Gun is in its 3rd week. JP also opened in China a market where Top Gun will never be screened

What will be interesting is how JP fares from here. Top Gun apparently significantly outperformed in its second and third weeks, in large part due to positive reviews and word of mouth. Dominion has the opposite problem... it is a stinker.

#27603 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Gomez Bond seems like a sure thing. Joe K. just did up a Bond car and has the license. He wants a pinball game to go with his Bond car. Look for October Bond release as a Kamikow/Stern boutique pinball offering. They seem to be on track repeating licenses they’ve done in the past. JP, BTTF, Golden Eye/Bond, TMNT, Avengers, the patterns there. It’s happening, now is it Golden Eye like they did before???
ZY/Eddie Venom is next up in August. Year might end or first year release, with Team Elwin Jaws, imo.

Stern has already announced there would only be one more new title this year, likely in the August timeframe. Are you suggesting that has now changed and there will now be two? If I’m a betting man, I’d wager on Bond in August.

#27604 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Stern has already announced there would only be one more new title this year, likely in the August timeframe. Are you suggesting that has now changed and there will now be two? If I’m a betting man, I’d wager on Bond in August.

They were careful in their wording and said one more cornerstone release. That doesn’t rule out a studio release. So maybe we do get 2??? That would be cool.

#27605 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Dominion has the opposite problem... it is a stinker.

I don't rely on reviews to tell me what I do and do not like .
I usually wait until I have seen a movie before deciding whether it's crap or not .

#27606 1 year ago

I am hearing rumors Stern will drop a new Mando topper in the next week. Maybe trying to steal a little thunder from Toy Story?

#27607 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I usually wait until I have seen a movie before deciding whether it's crap or not .

You might do that, but a lot of the general movie going public do rely and act off reviews, not everyone had the ability to think for themselves in todays modern world.

#27608 1 year ago

I’m a newbie and have a stupid question. What defines a cornerstone release and what is a studio release?

#27609 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have heard it primarily from friends who saw it this past weekend. If you liked it, great. I'm saving my money for something I'll likely enjoy more.

#27610 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I’m a newbie and have a stupid question. What defines a cornerstone release and what is a studio release?

Stern traditionally has released 3 cornerstone pins per year. These are the pins made in house and designed by Stern that follow the pro/premium/le model. Studio pins are pins that do not follow that pin that are made on contract or as a special deal, usually with KaPow. Elvira House of Horrors, Supreme, Batman 66, Heavy Metal, and The Beatles all fall into this category. All of these pins are made by Stern.

#27611 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The only surprise there would have been if it hadn't. Top Gun is in its 3rd week. JP also opened in China a market where Top Gun will never be screened
What will be interesting is how JP fares from here. Top Gun apparently significantly outperformed in its second and third weeks, in large part due to positive reviews and word of mouth. Dominion has the opposite problem... it is a stinker.

I love the new Jurassic World movie.
Not sure what people who didn’t like it were expecting. Exactly what I thought it’d be and it was awesome.

#27612 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am hearing rumors Stern will drop a new Mando topper in the next week. Maybe trying to steal a little thunder from Toy Story?

A topper is going to steal the thunder of a full game release? That is some funny shit right there!!

#27613 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

A topper is going to steal the thunder of a full game release? That is some funny shit right there!!

A little thunder maybe. There will be some new money drawn into the pinball market by the release of Toy Story. I think Stern is hoping to divert a little bit of that new money towards Mando. We shall see.

#27614 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, I meant that Marvel would recognize that due to Sony's mishandling Venom is currently damaged goods. So, potentially cheaper.
But I'm still hoping it's code for Harry Potter or Cobra Kai.

The Venom movies have been wildly successful and because of them the character is more mainstream than he has ever been in his history.

Hardcore fans may not like the movies but with a movie that just made half a billion dollars during a period when box office takes were down thanks to COVID, and a character they were confident enough in to even use in the after credits of their most important character, I don't think there's any chance Marvel is licensing it out cheap because the franchise is supposedly in a bad place.

#27615 1 year ago

Stern need to give us a teaser on the August pin..

Please don’t be BOND or BTTF… my wallet needs a rest.. but if it is one of those 2… oh golly

#27616 1 year ago

Gonna miss seeing the Cs but seeing Hagar and Michael Antony at Great Woods tonight.

We need a Van Halen pin. That music is perfect for a pinball machine.

7CD0ECE0-CEE1-4E57-A35C-D64175DF6FF5 (resized).jpeg7CD0ECE0-CEE1-4E57-A35C-D64175DF6FF5 (resized).jpeg
#27617 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Gonna miss seeing the Cs but seeing Hagar and Michael Anthony at Great Woods tonight.
[quoted image]

#27618 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Stern need to give us a teaser on the August pin..
Please don’t be BOND or BTTF… my wallet needs a rest.. but if it is one of those 2… oh golly

Remortgage?

#27619 1 year ago

Toy Story reveal tomorrow

#27620 1 year ago

Trying to sell some Mandos. They're multiplying at distributors like tribbles.

#27621 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Crazy thing is toppers do sell games!

#27622 1 year ago

Stern traditionally has released 3 cornerstone pins per year. These are the pins made in house and designed by Stern that follow the pro/premium/le model. Studio pins are pins that do not follow that pin that are made on contract or as a special deal, usually with KaPow. Elvira House of Horrors, Supreme, Batman 66, Heavy Metal, and The Beatles all fall into this category. All of these pins are made by Stern.

Why do you say that?

2014 2 new titles
2015 4
2016 4
2017 3
2018 5
2019 7
2020 4

I don't see any traditional anything in these numbers.

#27623 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Why do you say that?
2014 2 new titles
2015 4
2016 4
2017 3
2018 5
2019 7
2020 4
I don't see any traditional anything in these numbers.

You are correct. However, if you change it from "traditionally" to "Stern's publically announced business model" it would be correct. Here is the official Stern press release talking about it.

stern (resized).jpgstern (resized).jpg
#27624 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We've loved our Mando since day one - so, don't understand that one. To each his own, I guess!

#27625 1 year ago

I beat Mando once and never played it again. It’s about as unfun as Rush and LZ in my book. I honestly feel like Stern is good for one good game a year and the rest are kinda meh.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

We've loved our Mando since day one - so, don't understand that one. To each his own, I guess!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27626 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I beat Mando once and never played it again. It’s about as unfun as Rush and LZ in my book. I honestly feel like Stern is good for one good game a year and the rest are kinda meh.

I think it all depends on skill level. Not bashing anyone. But when you can beat a game in a few sittings, it doesn't last long. The first time I played Mando (3 or 4 games) I got to two of the three wizard modes. I know that they have added more to razor crest to slow it down. But lost a sale from me on that one. I want to barely get anything done on my first few games to know it will stick around. Otherwise with an hour a night on it, you can figure it out and consistently get to the wizard mode, which just isn't as much fun for me.

#27627 1 year ago

Next Stern pin is JAWS fact!!

#27628 1 year ago

True…but…I’ll beat a game 100x if it’s fun. Looking at you Deadpool. Too easy, too fun. Beat it twice in a row…beat twice in two balls, who cares. It’s fun! Mando…not so much

Quoted from atum:

I think it all depends on skill level. Not bashing anyone. But when you can beat a game in a few sittings, it doesn't last long. The first time I played Mando (3 or 4 games) I got to two of the three wizard modes. I know that they have added more to razor crest to slow it down. But lost a sale from me on that one. I want to barely get anything done on my first few games to know it will stick around. Otherwise with an hour a night on it, you can figure it out and consistently get to the wizard mode, which just isn't as much fun for me.

#27629 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

True…but…I’ll beat a game 100x if it’s fun. Looking at you Deadpool. Too easy, too fun. Beat it twice in a row…beat twice in two balls, who cares.

Got video?

#27630 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I was actually going to buy a Mando since they had some in stock at Player One but I got nervous because they are in stock everywhere and if I don't like it I may have to sell at a loss.

I should probably go try it out!

Quoted from acedanger:

Next Stern pin is JAWS fact!!

That would be cool

#27631 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Would like Bond in August over Venom, but on Stern’s production schedule it already shows an October new release as well. Probably Bond Kapow game, but if its in August, all the better. Nothing more until next year or right at the end of the year.

#27632 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I was actually going to buy a Mando since they had some in stock at Player One but I got nervous because they are in stock everywhere and if I don't like it I may have to sell at a loss.
I should probably go try it out!

Go try it and you’ll love it I bet. Only in stock because they just finished a run. Will soon be out of stock again, with the new fab SW topper coming out. It’s going to be very cool indeed, from what I’ve seen. It is my goto shooter of exciting fun. You won’t be disappointed, imo. One of Eddie’s best!

#27633 1 year ago

No unfortunately, I don’t stream but a bunch of my friends and patrons saw it at my location haha. Beat Final Mr Sinister twice on ball 1 (with two extra balls naturally)

#27634 1 year ago

The Boys could be a great pinball property. There's no getting around the R rating though.

boys (resized).jpgboys (resized).jpg
#27635 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Go try it and you’ll love it I bet. Only in stock because they just finished a run. Will soon be out of stock again, with the new fab SW topper coming out. It’s going to be very cool indeed, from what I’ve seen. It is my goto shooter of exciting fun. You won’t be disappointed, imo. One of Eddie’s best!

Mando was pretty widely available still before they made more, which was why it was a head-scratcher that they did.

#27636 1 year ago

Especially when other new machines are still so wanted. They should have put out more of those titles.

Quoted from PinMonk:Mando was pretty widely available still before they made more, which was why it was a head-scratcher that they did.

#27637 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Especially when other new machines are still so wanted. They should have put out more of those titles.

I think it came down to building machines they had parts available for to keep the line running while they're waiting for parts on the hot/most wanted titles. I don't think they would have pumped out more Mando over GZ if they had a choice.

#27638 1 year ago

The thing is not every single distro had/has Mandos. People have deposits/orders in with distros that don't have Mando in stock. Mando still needs to be made even though you can find one here or there.

#27639 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The thing is not every single distro had/has Mandos. People have deposits/orders in with distros that don't have Mando in stock. Mando still needs to be made even though you can find one here or there.

Those people need to ask around and get a Mando now. Why wait? A LOT of US dists have Mandos. A LOT. Even before these new ones were made. Staying with one dist who has none while they're widely available from many other dists is stupid.

#27640 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Those people need to ask around and get a Mando now. Why wait? A LOT of US dists have Mandos. A LOT. Even before these new ones were made. Staying with one dist who has none while they're widely available from many other dists is stupid.

Well, for some of us less rich folks it can be cost effective depending on what different distributors are charging. If you think it's dumb to save a little money that I can then use to buy PinMonk fans, whatever...

#27641 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

Well, for some of us less rich folks it can be cost effective depending on what different distributors are charging. If you think it's dumb to save a little money that I can then use to buy PinMonk fans, whatever...

If you're saying you're getting an off-book discount that other dists can't match because it's a contractual no-no with Stern, I get that and the wait is justified in a case like that.

But if that's not the case and you're waiting with a dist to get stock with the promise of a couple hundred bucks off, ask around. You might find there are a lot of NIB Mando deals out there right now. No scratch that, it's not might - you WILL find there are a lot of deals out there on Mando.

#27642 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

They were careful in their wording and said one more cornerstone release. That doesn’t rule out a studio release. So maybe we do get 2??? That would be cool.

Dumb question. What is the difference between a cornerstone release vs. studio release?

#27643 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Gonna miss seeing the Cs but seeing Hagar and Michael Antony at Great Woods tonight.
[quoted image]

Need to use better photos so we get a great backglass:

3DABC7DE-6B0D-4A71-ACDB-9C44E95278BD (resized).jpeg3DABC7DE-6B0D-4A71-ACDB-9C44E95278BD (resized).jpeg
#27644 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Dumb question. What is the difference between a cornerstone release vs. studio release?

$$$$

#27645 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Would like Bond in August over Venom, but on Stern’s production schedule it already shows an October new release as well. Probably Bond Kapow game, but if its in August, all the better. Nothing more until next year or right at the end of the year.

Thats not two games. The first run of the next game is August, the next run is in October...

#27646 1 year ago

Thoughts.. Bond, great theme despite last movie. Sort of ruins things, if you saw it you know what I mean. Hopefully Bond would be based on dainal Craig movies

Venom..also a reat theme for sure. Monsters, super hero = good themes.

Bttf and jaws...please don't. Old movies, so outdated.

#27647 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

Thoughts.. Bond, great theme despite last movie. Sort of ruins things, if you saw it you know what I mean. Hopefully Bond would be based on dainal Craig movies
Venom..also a reat theme for sure. Monsters, super hero = good themes.
Bttf and jaws...please don't. Old movies, so outdated.

Venom... please don't.

#27648 1 year ago
Quoted from zaki:

if you saw it you know what I mean

Still feel ripped off seeing that one...
Franchise killer...

#27649 1 year ago

Welp. TS4 is a pass. Whatcha got next Stern?

#27650 1 year ago

I think TS4 looks pretty cool. Too bad they don't make SE anymore. I'll never be able to afford one. I look forward to playing it though. Hoping to see Mando Topper tomorrow too. Not going to buy one, just anxious to see new pinball stuffs coming out finally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Asheville, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,159 posts in this topic. You are on page 553 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/553?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.