balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 551 of 923.
#27501 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They don't do that now..... why would they change their behavior later?
Case in point:
JP: Third and final movie about to release.... is there a big production run in anticipation or a scheduled large run? Nope.

There was a pretty good-sized run of JP Prem that just happened a few weeks ago. Initially delayed from April, then scheduled for July, then actually run in May. It's not like they didn't make many, just that the demand was still greater than the supply and almost all went to existing orders.

#27502 1 year ago

I agree, but I still hope they do. I want one pretty badly!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:For the amount of STH games Stern COULD produce (few due to parts shortages, number of lines, oncoming cornerstones and CGC contract builds) renewing the license would just not make sense. They would actually lose money….like a lot of money.

#27503 1 year ago

Sucks that the new game is most likely Venom since it is going to be Brian Eddy. Was really hoping for BTTF or Bond, but that will most likely be Gomez or Elwin.

#27504 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Sucks that the new game is most likely Venom since it is going to be Brian Eddy. Was really hoping for BTTF or Bond, but that will most likely be Gomez or Elwin.

Did they confirm Eddy is up next? I thought Bond was next.

#27505 1 year ago

Can’t be Gomez taking over for Ritchie’s project and was hoping for Elwin. Process of elimination.

#27506 1 year ago

Why can’t it be Gomez / Ritchie Bond?

Quoted from wackenhut:

Can’t be Gomez taking over for Ritchie’s project and was hoping for Elwin. Process of elimination.

#27507 1 year ago

Unless that was the real reason for the delay.

#27508 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

They could definitely sell more Stranger Things. The reviews were mediocre when it first came out (from what I recall) and by the time they finished the code and people were saying it was really good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium myself but I'm not paying $12k (if you can find it) for what was a $7400 game new 2 years ago.

A lot of games were $7400 two years ago including GB premiums. Stern isn’t making any more Stranger Things and it is now a sought after game. There just weren’t many premiums made either. Simple supply and demand.

#27509 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Or the Jurassic Park movie dropping tomorrow turns out to be a massive hit instead of a massive...[quoted image]

From the reviews I’ve read, it appears to be a massive pile of $!:t.

#27510 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

From the reviews I’ve read, it appears to be a massive pile of $!:t.

It was

#27511 1 year ago

I guess distis are getting tired of getting phone calls to be put on lists for games that are rumored. Got this in an email from LSOG, my local distributor, you can pay them $5 to put you on their "list" for these rumored games.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/machines-for-sale/new-pinball-machines/wish-list-five-dollars-to-express-interest-in-a-fantasy-game/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27512 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Got this in an email from LSOG, my local distributor, you can pay them $5 to put you on their "list" for these rumored games.

Just when I thought this hobby has hit the lowest point possible

Charging people money to put them on a wish list? Double face palm

#27513 1 year ago

$110 dollars can get you on every list lol (Does not guarantee a game though)

#27514 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just when I thought this hobby has hit the lowest point possible
Charging people money to put them on a wish list? Double face palm

I would never deal with them again -

#27515 1 year ago

$1000 for some molded plastic that does nothing but sits on top of a game: "Holy crap, I can't wait to buy one of these!"
$5 to be on a list for a 'dream theme' that goes as a credit towards the game if it ever releases: "This hobby is stupid"

Oh Pinside....

#27516 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I guess distis are getting tired of getting phone calls to be put on lists for games that are rumored. Got this in an email from LSOG, my local distributor, you can pay them $5 to put you on their "list" for these rumored games.
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/machines-for-sale/new-pinball-machines/wish-list-five-dollars-to-express-interest-in-a-fantasy-game/

That's not what it is at all (IMO).

It's a money grab where you give them money for absolutely nothing. I think it's an extension of the $1 Cointaker GZ "Spot"......... only this time it's $5 a game and they're loading up as many "games" as possible.
Notice it's non-refundable, doesn't guarantee a game, doesn't actually do anything beyond give them $5 per game.

Sell ten thousand "spots" and that's 50 grand of pure profit for absolutely nothing in return. Genius.
The customers get the warm fuzzy of falsely believing they are at the top of a list....... a list which doesn't really exist since the games themselves don't exist.

The next step will be selling "spots" for $100, and then more. Buy the right to buy a game..... a distro's dream come true!!!
After that would be a paid allocation list, where you are paying even more to be on a real list when a game is a lock to be produced.
How many would pay $500, $1000 to be a confirmed recipient for BTTF LE, Bond LE, HP LE, or whatever? Surely enough people to sell a distro's allocation, and this has the benefit of raising the price without touching the MSRP and looking like a pure crook.
What if it becomes a auction type thing where people are bidding the highest dollar just to have the RIGHT to buy an LE/CC game when it's released?
Not even a matter of being 1st to put a deposit down..... PAY to be able to put a deposit. HA!!!

This is only the start (IMO).

#27517 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I would never deal with them again

I heard they were good guys? Was it Larry who retired and other guys took over? Total BS-at least donate to charity or something

People do not forget about stuff like this

#27518 1 year ago

Not saying I agree or disagree, but no $5 down, sign up for every spot right now, why not? Does that even do anything? I think the $5 might be an attempt to keep this list more grounded. Or maybe not, who knows. It might just be better to have an interest list, we will contact you if and when one of these becomes a reality to see if you are really interested in getting on a real list.

#27519 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I would never deal with them again -

I would and WILL! Marshall and crew are great. I don't have an issue with him doing this. Takes time to manage these lists and then you get the credit if your wishlist game becomes available.

#27520 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I heard they were good guys? Was it Larry who retired and other guys took over? Total BS-at least donate to charity or something
People do not forget about stuff like this

They are good guys. Great guys to work with, many are familiar with them, well known distributor.

On this $5 to get on the list, I'm Switzerland here. I see how this can be a small cash grab but also I bet they get a lot of calls for pipe dream games so this helps them reduce that and keep lists a little more grounded as ReadyPO mentioned.

#27521 1 year ago

I am sure every distributor is getting hounded right now. First of all Stern took a hiatus that has everyone salivating for the next juicy title. Simmer down now I say and just keep an open mind. This talk about BTTF and Harry Potter probably has some people going batty. I can see them putting out this list to divert people but charging people-seriously?

Stern needs to shut this shit down asap. Enough is enough, they already need to step in and enforce msrp to all dealers. This is super tacky-sorry for the rant

#27522 1 year ago

I still kick around my idea to switch up the whole limited edition concept.

BTTF and Harry Potter would be prime examples of how my plan may actually make more people happy while increasing profitability.

My plan:

Make limited edition machines unlimited for a certain duration of time or during the full period of licensing agreement/s(usually 2 years)

They are still limited editions with all the bells and whistles and after the license expires they will become more limited and collectable. This will allow everyone who wants one to get one without creating an artificial market with limited supply and high demand.

If Stern did this for BTTF and HP it would make a lot of people happy and would eliminate the scalpers-food for thought

#27523 1 year ago

Really stupid, but if you actually do this, I would demand to know my super secret spot in line. If you're paying, you deserve to know.

#27524 1 year ago

Most honest distributors simply have an interested list and are polite about it. A reputable dealer I know has stated that Stern has not released any information yet but 'I would be happy to put you on my interest board.' What does this do? This shows a reputable Stern dealer will entertain the idea of a future sale without being a jackass about it. Are they tired of phone calls and talking with people, establishing long term relationships and would rather divert them to some phony list? Sorry but if you are lucky enough to be a Stern dealer-this goes with the territory imo.

#27525 1 year ago

Not loving the list but i guess people can spend their money where they want to

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27526 1 year ago

Conair ? .....

#27527 1 year ago

Just bought 20 spots for BTTF!

Screenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220227-213119_Chrome (resized).jpg
#27528 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Only 20? I figured you would be in for at least 50! I hope you get your dream theme soon.

#27529 1 year ago

Well, I'm paying Stern $40 per year to be an "insider" for the tiny chance that I can order an LE directly from them. This is not that much different (except it's a one-time fee). Yes, it's awful but that is the state of the hobby right now.

#27530 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Only 20? I figured you would be in for at least 50! I hope you get your dream theme soon.

I going to buy a "spot" on the super-premium ultra insider fastpass express list and bypass the "regular" list.

#27531 1 year ago

[quoted image]

“Hey, kid. Thumb a hundred bucks, will ya, and secure your spot in line”.

B97820E9-8C49-452A-9E3C-55BF81FBD724 (resized).pngB97820E9-8C49-452A-9E3C-55BF81FBD724 (resized).png
#27532 1 year ago

$5 isn't a cash-grab, people.

It's a small administrative fee to streamline a process that is clearly annoying to distributors.

#27533 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

It's a small administrative fee to streamline a process that is clearly annoying to distributors.

Nope. all a distributor has to say when somebody asks about it is "no"

#27534 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

It's a process that is not entirely beloved by consumers, either. I gotta tell ya.

#27535 1 year ago

I'd love to see Stranger Things Vault edition. With standard Blacklight feature.

That said - hoarding my money .. Typically I buy a title in the summer as I hate Humid Summer days.
Not this summer.

While Stern has a tremendous back order of titles to get thru. I'm really glad they didn't sink a ton of money into
increasing the production capability as the Recession is here Summer 2022. Think we are going to see some of the
boutiques in a spot in 2023. My optimism is slightly soured and just hope Stern can ride thru the bumpy years ahead.

#27536 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I'd love to see Stranger Things Vault edition. With standard Blacklight feature.
That said - hoarding my money .. Typically I buy a title in the summer as I hate Humid Summer days.
Not this summer.
While Stern has a tremendous back order of titles to get thru. I'm really glad they didn't sink a ton of money into
increasing the production capability as the Recession is here Summer 2022. Think we are going to see some of the
boutiques in a spot in 2023. My optimism is slightly soured and just hope Stern can ride thru the bumpy years ahead.

Same. JP pro in july will be the last game i buy for a long while

#27537 1 year ago

The recession is here, but that does not stop the new blood in the hobby.

#27538 1 year ago

I thought the (resale) prices for all of these toys were going to go down in Spring/Summer 2020, when millions of people were suddenly out of work. They didn't. The exact opposite happened.

#27539 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“Hey, kid. Thumb a hundred bucks, will ya, and secure your spot in line”.
[quoted image]

I thought that was Gary Stern in that pic for several seconds...

#27540 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27541 1 year ago

Guessing ....
Just another Mando Monday!

#27542 1 year ago

Hard to take that picture seriously with all those Rush Le's in it that's gota be really old

#27543 1 year ago

A new Evil Dead video game just came out. A new movie is also in the works. This timeless theme deserves the pinball treatment! A Keith Elwin Evil Dead pinball machine with custom Bruce Campbell call outs has home run written all over it!

#27544 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

That's not what it is at all (IMO).
It's a money grab where you give them money for absolutely nothing

I think it’s a fair way to compensate for the crazy people calling to demand to be on lists for games that don’t exist. Most distributors don’t have staffs of 50 or 100 people where they can waste their days with rabid fanboys who want to be first on the list for games that are only rumors.

I think if it is a title you care deeply about, put in you $5 and get on the list before the flippers call on day one of the release and try to buy up all the new stock.

#27545 1 year ago

#27546 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Todd and Mark...why do I feel like you guys just follow me around Pinside downvoting all my posts? Lolololol.

#27547 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think it’s a fair way to compensate for the crazy people calling to demand to be on lists for games that don’t exist. Most distributors don’t have staffs of 50 or 100 people where they can waste their days with rabid fanboys who want to be first on the list for games that are only rumors.
I think if it is a title you care deeply about, put in you $5 and get on the list before the flippers call on day one of the release and try to buy up all the new stock.

Serial flippers don't call on day one, they are already down for the next title
Serial flippers need to be identified and blacklisted by distro's.

#27548 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

The ethical and easiest way to do it is:
1) Don't take list requests.
2) When a game is announced, state how many you'll have for sale on Day 1. Deposit must be made by a certain date.
3) After that date, randomize the people who made a deposit. They get a game. Refund the others (unless they still want to place an order and wait).

#27549 1 year ago

Dont give Stern any ideas. This is my dream theme and I want Spooky to handle it. The level of pissed off i would be if Stern snaked the license like they didn’t with Godzilla ( no shade on GZ, amazing game) and Sonic…through the roof. I just don’t trust Stern with beloved horror stuff.

Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

A new Evil Dead video game just came out. A new movie is also in the works. This timeless theme deserves the pinball treatment! A Keith Elwin Evil Dead pinball machine with custom Bruce Campbell call outs has home run written all over it!

#27550 1 year ago

It’s crazy how Stern not putting a game out for six months will make you appreciate what they do. I happily support other pinball companies but I’m glad we live in a time of multiple releases per year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 85.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Terre Haute, IN
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,134 posts in this topic. You are on page 551 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/551?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.