Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 550 of 938.
#27451 1 year ago

I think Journey could be a great music pin!

Jinf (resized).jpgJinf (resized).jpg
#27452 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not everyone has the space / funds / otherwise able to commit to have a pinball museum in their house. As a newb, my perspective is that if I can only convince my wife to let me have 2-4 machines, I want machines that have a tons of modes / very deep code. Generally that means newer machines. I can always go play MM/AFM/MB, etc at the local arcade or VPX, I just can't justify it having a spot at my house (Especially since they are more expensive than a new stern!)

All true, though I'm happy to move 1-2 pins in and out every year or 2. Problem is there aren't very many public pins close to me.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

LW3 was my absolute favourite, probably the best 90s game. So underrated.
I want one and a T2...because nostalgia lol

I somehow never played LW3 before I bought it. It was totally new to me and I love the game. It really is a fun game and not expensive.

#27453 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

How lame is it to only have Spike 2 games for your entire collection? Just my opinion of course.

Yep everyone needs a good SEGA in their collection

#27454 1 year ago

I was that guy that 'accidently' bought a Funhouse and TOTAN in the late 1990s (paid a total of $2500 for the pair, each in perfect condition), sat on them for 20 years, and then got the bug again in 2020 right before COVID. Sold FH for $5K and TOTAN $9K when I decided to dive in to the hobby again. (Although I loved those machines, and kinda still wish I had them). So I started looking for themes that really felt right, and ended up (after some dabbling with RCT, RBioN and Houdini) with three Sterns: A Jurassic Park for depth and skill building, a GOTG for (mostly) gimmicks and some straight-forward shooting, and a Stern PoTC (because I found one NIB a few month ago). Three machines, all Stern, and each for a different mood.

#27455 1 year ago

I do get tired of seeing all the collections posted with nothing but Spike 2 games. But man they are the best playing pins IMO. I personally like a mix in my collection but new Sterns are awesome! Also...

Screenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpg
#27456 1 year ago

The Stern homogeny is getting to me a bit. Although all my spike 2’s are on location. Just bought a Halloween (and I love it…cause it’s actually f’n awesome) and I’m picking up an ACNC this week. Hoping AP and JJP put out something in interested in soon.

Quoted from crujones4life:

I do get tired of seeing all the collections posted with nothing but Spike 2 games. But man they are the best playing pins IMO. I personally like a mix in my collection but new Sterns are awesome! Also...
[quoted image]

#27457 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Here's some Back to the Future stuff you can actually buy .

IMG_20220608_202058 (resized).jpgIMG_20220608_202058 (resized).jpgIMG_20220608_202142 (resized).jpgIMG_20220608_202142 (resized).jpg
#27458 1 year ago

Someone help me out here...I have been following this thread for a few months now, and from what I can gather, it's known that the code names for a couple of new games are 'Venom' and 'Jaws'. What I can't figure out is, if these are codenames, why are people assuming that it's the actual theme and they are releasing a Venom and Jaws machine?

#27459 1 year ago

[quoted image]

I ended up watching BTTF for the 1st time in probably 25 years last night. 100% due to your memes. It really is a fun film. Not my dream pin but I can see why it has its fans.

#27460 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I ended up watching BTTF for the 1st time in probably 25 years last night. 100% due to your memes. It really is a fun film. Not my dream pin but I can see why it has its fans.

I usually find myself humming the theme song to myself a few times a day lol.

#27461 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yep everyone needs a good SEGA in their collection

. . . but there's no such thing as a good Sega.

#27462 1 year ago

It's not known that those are code names. Jaws has already been used as a code name. The rumor is that Venom might be but the speculation consensus is that both Jaws and Venom are titles being worked on at Stern right now.

Quoted from Rik_:

Someone help me out here...I have been following this thread for a few months now, and from what I can gather, it's known that the code names for a couple of new games are 'Venom' and 'Jaws'. What I can't figure out is, if these are codenames, why are people assuming that it's the actual theme and they are releasing a Venom and Jaws machine?

#27463 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

You need to find and play a Baywatch and Maverick

#27464 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

You need to find and play a Baywatch and Maverick

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt

#27465 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

How dare you! I really enjoyed Starship Troopers while I had it and currently I am really liking Baywatch.

#27466 1 year ago

I'm thoroughly enjoying this almost 50 year-old novel:

sho.jpgsho.jpg

Apparently, there's a new mini-series in development at FX. If that lights the world on fire, maaaayyybe??

#27467 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Not sure if anyone else brought this up yet. This photo is from the recent stern of the union address. Notice the Jaws poster and shark sticking out of the wall… Can’t imagine that’s a coincidence! [quoted image]

Not to stoke any flames but this sticker was on my JP premium PF that was delivered on Sunday….

3D1CB1CA-C908-4201-BC1B-A0B15E380E0B (resized).jpeg3D1CB1CA-C908-4201-BC1B-A0B15E380E0B (resized).jpeg
#27468 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Not to stoke any flames but this sticker was on my JP premium PF that was delivered on Sunday….[quoted image]

Scroll up 5 posts. It's already known Jaws was the code name for JP...

#27469 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Not to stoke any flames but this sticker was on my JP premium PF that was delivered on Sunday….[quoted image]

Jaws was the code name for Jurassic Park.

Code names listed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/record-of-stern-code-names-for-games#post-5920431

#27470 1 year ago

I usually find myself humming the theme song to myself a few times a day lol.

I literally just played "The Power of Love" on my phone speaker while riding my OneWheel for a beer run. It's dog walking hour. Lots of adults totally got it and smiled, but still wondered WTF I was riding that acts like a real hoverboard.

Onewheel2.gifOnewheel2.gif

#27471 1 year ago

Wow 25 years on

Enough brand recognition for TFE to be a huge title for pinball ? I think so.

Callouts from original stars of the movie would be awesome !

So many possibilities for layout and gameplay, The movie has all The Elements that could make a super cool, fun pin from Stern.

fe1 (resized).JPGfe1 (resized).JPG
#27472 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

[quoted image]
Apparently, there's a new mini-series in development at FX. If that lights the world on fire, maaaayyybe??

Thanks a lot. On top of everything else I have in my room of to-read books, you just added one that I haven't read in 40 years and have to read again.

#27473 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks a lot. On top of everything else I have in my room of to-read books, you just added one that I haven't read in 40 years and have to read again.

You clearly are a person of refinement and someone with impeccable taste.

#27474 1 year ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

received_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_184363330144675 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpegreceived_339143694324989 (resized).jpeg
#27475 1 year ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

[quoted image]

I read the book years ago and saw the miniseries years ago as well. It would be cool if FX is remaking it.

The story of the English ship captain (anjin) is fiction but the context is based on actual Japanese history. Ieyasu Tokugawa consolidated power and brought the feudal Japanese daimyo samurai to heel thus becoming Japan's first Shogun (Tokugawa shogunate)

It was at that time he moved the capital from Kyoto to Edo (Tokyo) and banned foreigners and trade (known as the sakoku jidai or closed period in Japanese history). This was born of fear the Europeans would use Christianity and their militaries to colonize Japan.

The film The Last Samurai was based on the period in the 1860's-80's when Japan was forced to reopen its borders to US and foreign trade. They soon realized they had fallen so far behind the west technologically they rapidly industriallzed and hired military advisors from the US and Europe to train and modernize their military. That essentially marked the end of the samurai era.

Sorry, I love history but as a pinball theme, I'm not sure it works .

#27476 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I literally just played "The Power of Love" on my phone speaker while riding my OneWheel for a beer run. It's dog walking hour. Lots of adults totally got it and smiled, but still wondered WTF I was riding that acts like a real hoverboard.
[quoted image]

I love my Onewheel! Too many beers and I feel the power of a nosedive

#27477 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27478 1 year ago

No Sega love?

I enjoyed a few!

Maverick
Apollo 13
Batman Forever
Baywatch
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
GoldenEye
Independence Day
Twister
Starship Troopers
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Godzilla

I will say that Lost In Space is one of if not the ugliest pin I have ever seen.

#27479 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Scroll up 5 posts. It's already known Jaws was the code name for JP...

Sure, I got that. I'm just saying that maybe that's where all the speculation that a JAWS pin was in the works came from.

#27480 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Sure, I got that. I'm just saying that maybe that's where all the speculation that a JAWS pin was in the works came from.

Yeah there's that..also the fact that the Jaws license now has pinball machines listed under it

#27481 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Yeah there's that..also the fact that the Jaws license now has pinball machines listed under it

That’s a long way to go to keep people off the trail of a JP pin and then distract them from the new BTTF cornerstone…

#27482 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Wow 25 years on
Enough brand recognition for TFE to be a huge title for pinball ? I think so.
Callouts from original stars of the movie would be awesome !
So many possibilities for layout and gameplay, The movie has all The Elements that could make a super cool, fun pin from Stern.
[quoted image]

It wouldn't have any custom callouts by Bruce Willis anymore, unfortunately...

#27483 1 year ago

Feed me a Tenacious D pin. This alone is just perfect for a pin.

#27484 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:It wouldn't have any custom callouts by Bruce Willis anymore, unfortunately...

I think he is just retired from acting. He could still do voiceover work with his (hopefully mild) dementia. An afternoon or two reading lines isn't that taxing and actually would be good for his condition and mental health. The worst thing you can do is nothing when you have mental health issues. Gotta stay engaged, active and feel like you're useful/productive.

#27485 1 year ago

JAWS = James Bond now?

I think Steve Ritchie was working on that title before he left?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#27486 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I think he is just retired from acting. He could still do voiceover work with his (hopefully mild) dementia. An afternoon or two reading lines isn't that taxing and actually would be good for his condition and mental health. The worst thing you can do is nothing when you have mental health issues. Gotta stay engaged, active and feel like you're useful/productive.

Been reported that he has aphasia limiting his ability to communicate/speak.

#27487 1 year ago

JAWS is codename for 007?

With recession in full swing and feeling a bit of that pinch not sure I can jump on a 007 theme.
I was praying for Back to The Future, or Jaws ( doubt that can be done up to my expectations ) .
Other themes I want ain't going happen "Evil Dead" or "Beastie Boys or Wutang Clan"

With the Premium price tags what they are it definitely has slowed my roll. Very few people have
the disposable income in STL to quickly sell a game that's near 10k.

#27488 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Reportedly, Bruce is suffering from Wernicke's aphasia. It involves difficulty understanding spoken or written language.

#27489 1 year ago

Next Cornerstone Stern Pin due out August!

Per the math below, the next Stern pin was due out on or around 14 May, but for those of you that did not hear Stern publically announced they would not be releasing 3 cornerstones this year and would instead do 2, Rush and another pin to be released in August per the blast message below.

Next Stern pin reveal was due 14 May 2022, but now expected August.
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (2 weeks early!) with Rush being revealed 4 January instead of the predicted 18 January based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Delayed Stern Game 5/14/2022 (130 days after Rush)
Next Stern game "August 2022" per Stern press release.

The average time between cornerstone releases is now 130 days.

*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

August Stern (resized).jpgAugust Stern (resized).jpg
#27490 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I read the book years ago and saw the miniseries years ago as well. It would be cool if FX is remaking it.
The story of the English ship captain (anjin) is fiction but the context is based on actual Japanese history. Ieyasu Tokugawa consolidated power and brought the feudal Japanese daimyo samurai to heel thus becoming Japan's first Shogun (Tokugawa shogunate)
It was at that time he moved the capital from Kyoto to Edo (Tokyo) and banned foreigners and trade (known as the sakoku jidai or closed period in Japanese history). This was born of fear the Europeans would use Christianity and their militaries to colonize Japan.
The film The Last Samurai was based on the period in the 1860's-80's when Japan was forced to reopen its borders to US and foreign trade. They soon realized they had fallen so far behind the west technologically they rapidly industriallzed and hired military advisors from the US and Europe to train and modernize their military. That essentially marked the end of the samurai era.
Sorry, I love history but as a pinball theme, I'm not sure it works .

But samurai and ninjas! Besides Street Fighter do we have that in pinball? Don't mention Pinball Adventures.

#27491 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

Reportedly, Bruce is suffering from Wernicke's aphasia. It involves difficulty understanding spoken or written language.

Oh wow, that's way worse than I knew. Poor guy. I hope they have something that can help him. I had read that he's a really good person.

#27492 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Cornerstone Stern Pin due out August!
Per the math below, the next Stern pin was due out on or around 14 May, but for those of you that did not hear Stern publically announced they would not be releasing 3 cornerstones this year and would instead do 2, Rush and another pin to be released in August per the blast message below.
Next Stern pin reveal was due 14 May 2022, but now expected August.
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (2 weeks early!) with Rush being revealed 4 January instead of the predicted 18 January based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith, the first cornerstone Spike 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (162 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
Rush: 1/4/2021 (112 days after Godzilla).
Delayed Stern Game 5/14/2022 (130 days after Rush)
Next Stern game "August 2022" per Stern press release.
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 130 days.
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.[quoted image]

I hope they bite the bullet and discontinue a big swath of these older titles....... just put them out to pasture.
2020 release or before, just axe it at the end of this year once these runs are finished.

Even better would be an official policy that a game will be in active production for two years and that's it. Streamline production and stop the guessing game of if something is going back on the line or not. Six titles active at any one time, with around two months of production time each year per title. That's 8,000 units for games that sell well. You'll know if you'll get one, you'll know when a game is going OOP, it would even support the secondary market a bit once the game is done, and those buying new could actually get the game on time if they want it. Stern gets to move on to the next game rapid-fire without fans bugging them and distros aren't left in the lurch. Everybody wins.

#27493 1 year ago

That leaves out the ability to react to market conditions. What if, say, GOTG 3 is a great movie and bumps demand for that franchise again? Or another Deadpool, or a TMNT reboot, or say a Led Zep biopic documentary or some such. Stern would be doing disservice to all of themselves and the distributors and the customers if they said "nope, sorry, archived, can't make more" when the demand is there.

Stern isn't trying to be cryptic or misleading. They're trying to do the best by everyone, and that requires flexibility and keeping everyone's options open.

#27494 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

That leaves out the ability to react to market conditions. What if, say, GOTG 3 is a great movie and bumps demand for that franchise again? Or another Deadpool, or a TMNT reboot, or say a Led Zep biopic documentary or some such. Stern would be doing disservice to all of themselves and the distributors and the customers if they said "nope, sorry, archived, can't make more" when the demand is there.
Stern isn't trying to be cryptic or misleading. They're trying to do the best by everyone, and that requires flexibility and keeping everyone's options open.

Or the Jurassic Park movie dropping tomorrow turns out to be a massive hit instead of a massive...

ddd (resized).jpegddd (resized).jpeg
#27495 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

That leaves out the ability to react to market conditions. What if, say, GOTG 3 is a great movie and bumps demand for that franchise again? Or another Deadpool, or say a Led Zep biopic documentary or some such. Stern would be doing disservice to all of themselves and the distributors and the customers if they said "nope, sorry, archived, can't make more" when the demand is there.

They don't do that now..... why would they change their behavior later?
Case in point:
Stranger Things: Breaks Netflix viewing records last month: Archived right before season 4 is released.
JP: Third and final movie about to release.... is there a big production run in anticipation or a scheduled large run? Nope.
GOTG: Next movie will be out May 2023. Last call is towards the end of the year, but only in Pro. Canceled and archived before the movie release.
Ghostbusters: I'm not sure when this game was canceled but it was before the latest movie was released (pinball 2016, movie 2020).
GOT: Also not sure when this one went OOP, but it didn't last to the end of the show (and the show peaked in viewership the last season)
ST: Multiple new TV series, another movie in the works.... canceled before all that. Matter of fact, canceled before the 1st three new movies were finished.

They missed all these opportunities, things which were obvious.... but none of that matters to them. They want to hit a title and move on.
Stern even seems to go out of their way to cancel a license well before something good happens with that license on purpose.

#27496 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

But samurai and ninjas! Besides Street Fighter do we have that in pinball? Don't mention Pinball Adventures.

Deadpool is ninja-adjacent, at least

#27497 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

They don't do that now..... why would they change their behavior later?
Case in point:
Stranger Things: Breaks Netflix viewing records last month: Archived right before season 4 is released.

They could definitely sell more Stranger Things. The reviews were mediocre when it first came out (from what I recall) and by the time they finished the code and people were saying it was really good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium myself but I'm not paying $12k (if you can find it) for what was a $7400 game new 2 years ago.

#27498 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

No Sega love?
I enjoyed a few!
Maverick
Apollo 13
Batman Forever
Baywatch
Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
GoldenEye
Independence Day
Twister
Starship Troopers
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Godzilla
I will say that Lost In Space is one of if not the ugliest pin I have ever seen.

Space jam is not bad either.

#27499 1 year ago

For the amount of STH games Stern COULD produce (few due to parts shortages, number of lines, oncoming cornerstones and CGC contract builds) renewing the license would just not make sense. They would actually lose money….like a lot of money.

Quoted from Grantman:

They could definitely sell more Stranger Things. The reviews were mediocre when it first came out (from what I recall) and by the time they finished the code and people were saying it was really good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium myself but I'm not paying $12k (if you can find it) for what was a $7400 game new 2 years ago.

#27500 1 year ago

Removed. Wrong thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sherrill, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 550 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/550 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.