IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 549 of 936.
#27401 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man
just wait and see...

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg
#27402 1 year ago

Perseveration

#27403 1 year ago

Anything but BTTF - to me that theme totally sux. It was an ok movie (1st one only) like 30 yrs ago!

#27404 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man
just wait and see...

I’m a buyer for Venom and Jaws. Pass on Bond and He-Man…

No BTTF? That is a major bummer.

#27405 1 year ago

A new vampire pin well overdue.

The Lost Boys could be super cool. Well recognised brand/theme.

Warner, easy licence ? Calling Mr Sharpe ? .. game could be huge.

Callouts, humour, tons of energy and fun with a killer sound track !

There may be a remake coming ?
https://screenrant.com/what-fans-want-in-lost-boys-remake/

Cry Little Sister in attract and game would be awesome !

LB 2 (resized).JPGLB 2 (resized).JPG

#27406 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

A new vampire pin well overdue.
The Lost Boys could be super cool. Well recognised brand/theme.
Warner, easy licence ? game could be huge.
Callouts, humour, tons of energy and fun with a killer sound track !
There may be a remake coming ?
https://screenrant.com/what-fans-want-in-lost-boys-remake/
Cry Little Sister in attract and game would be awesome !

[quoted image]

“First Come, First Staked”

#27407 1 year ago

"Blood sucking Brady Bunch" multiball

#27408 1 year ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

Anything but BTTF - to me that theme totally sux. It was an ok movie (1st one only) like 30 yrs ago!

8A1D79C2-1513-40C1-B21E-7DBBE594E9E2.gif8A1D79C2-1513-40C1-B21E-7DBBE594E9E2.gif
#27409 1 year ago

If Venom uses the Deadpool formula. Comic book art, humor, mix of characters… I’m in. If it’s licensed from the recent movies, big pass.

#27410 1 year ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

If Venom uses the Deadpool formula. Comic book art, humor, mix of characters… I’m in. If it’s licensed from the recent movies, big pass.

Comic book and ZY on art has been the thing since the venom rumour first popped up.

I hope it’s true, the movies where not great. Give us comic book style, venom, carnage, riot, scream, lasher, anti-venom just throw all the Symbiotes in there as battles and a little Spider-Man for that Pierre de resistance!

#27411 1 year ago

Pierre de Resistance sounds like a name for a French male genital piercing. I think you might mean… Pièce de résistance

Quoted from J85M:

Comic book and ZY on art has been the thing since the venom rumour first popped up.
I hope it’s true, the movies where not great. Give us comic book style, venom, carnage, riot, scream, lasher, anti-venom just throw all the Symbiotes in there as battles and a little Spider-Man for that Pierre de resistance!

#27412 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pierre de Resistance sounds like a name for a French male genital piercing. I think you might mean… Pièce de résistance

Probably should have check voice dictation but I was trying to multi task so I’ll leave it as it is, Pierre is a big pinball fan, so let him have his moment.

#27413 1 year ago

Confirmed : it's la pièce de résistance means the main meal, the main attraction.

It made me laugh like everytime I hear : le coup de gras. Which is the killing blow. It's le coup de grâce. Grââââssse.

#27414 1 year ago
2C06E5A6-39E2-4C9A-B9EC-2F7DF4D71EE8 (resized).jpeg2C06E5A6-39E2-4C9A-B9EC-2F7DF4D71EE8 (resized).jpeg
#27415 1 year ago

I'm a sucker for old TV shows, give me MST3K, Married with Children, I love Lucy, Lavern & Shirley, M*A*S*H or Get Smart. (Watched those with my dad as a kid)

My pinball buddy REALLY wants an A-Team. (Not my thing but hey to each their own)

I'm kinda shocked there hasn't been a Goonies, Never Ending Story or Princess Bride to be honest. I know we have a Wizard of Oz but man, Return to Oz would be so neat to see as a home brew project one day.

#27416 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I'm a sucker for old TV shows, give me MST3K, Married with Children, I love Lucy, Lavern & Shirley, M*A*S*H or Get Smart. (Watched those with my dad as a kid)
My pinball buddy REALLY wants an A-Team. (Not my thing but hey to each their own)
I'm kinda shocked there hasn't been a Goonies, Never Ending Story or Princess Bride to be honest. I know we have a Wizard of Oz but man, Return to Oz would be so neat to see as a home brew project one day.

I also watched get smart with my dad. Would be a super fun campy pin.

#27417 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I also watched get smart with my dad. Would be a super fun campy pin.

Bond could be reskinned Get Smart in a Family Guy/Shrek way. I'm "meh" on a Bond pin, but I'd be all over a Get Smart pin.

#27418 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bond could be reskinned Get Smart in a Family Guy/Shrek way. I'm "meh" on a Bond pin, but I'd be all over a Get Smart pin.

I'm sure it's a reskined something

#27419 1 year ago

Any legitimate word on BTTF?

#27420 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Only people wishing for one.

#27421 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Kaminkow, Dwight, Danger, Craig Bobbie have all hinted that BTTF is coming...to name a few.

#27422 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Kaminkow, Dwight, Danger, Craig Bobbie have all hinted that BTTF is coming...to name a few.

They had been making fun for 5 years, that I agree with.

#27423 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

They had been making fun for 5 years, that I agree with.

When it's any other theme: "100% Truth."
When it's BTTF: "Just making fun. Never happening."

(not calling out PinballManiac, just in general)

#27424 1 year ago

Too many hints means it’s a diversion dawg.

#27425 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Get Smart could be a fun pin. The theme makes the game. Cone of Silence for pinball lock. Phone booth pinball down to HQ under PF with lit corridor seen from above. Invisible wall magnet barrier in apartment and on and on with ideas like a shoe phone dial a villain selector outwit modes. Siegfried, Dr Craw, Shtarker, etc. I’m in for Get Smart.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27426 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

When it's any other theme: "100% Truth."
When it's BTTF: "Just making fun. Never happening."
(not calling out PinballManiac, just in general)

I know right?

#27427 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Too many hints means it’s a diversion dawg.

4 (or more) individuals (all of whom are busy professionals) are coordinating a grand BTTF diversion just to own pinsiders?

#27428 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well .. Doctor Strange is down the bottom of the Marvel Superheroes and it got more than Top Gun and it wasn't shown in China as well .[quoted image]

Revisiting this discussion. Top Gun Maverick is already at 561 million globally two weeks in. At this point it won't be surprising if it passes Dr. Strange and Batman and is the blockbuster and biggest earning film of the summer.

Obviously it is drawing audiences beyond the 35+ demographic. C'mon Stern, we need a Top Gun pin based on both films

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/media/top-gun-maverick-box-office-second-weekend/index.html

#27429 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Revisiting this discussion. Top Gun Maverick is already at 561 million globally two weeks in. At this point it won't be surprising if it passes Dr. Strange and Batman and is the blockbuster and biggest earning film of the summer.
Obviously it is drawing audiences beyond the 35+ demographic. C'mon Stern, we need a Top Gun pin based on both films
https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/media/top-gun-maverick-box-office-second-weekend/index.html

Ive already watched Top Gun, and I can confirm...it was better than I expected.

#27430 1 year ago

I very much want BTTF. Get smart, with assets and done similar to bm66 could be fun, but I doubt there is a large enough market for it. While I love MASH, you can’t make a pin based on war.. at least you shouldn’t.

I have zero interest in Jaws and Venom. He-Man.. maybe.

#27431 1 year ago

I'm a movie guy, so the thought of Jaws, Bond, or BTTF are right up my alley.

Goonies is still a dream theme for me, however.

#27432 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Expect that draw to end with the new Jurassic World next week.

#27433 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Expect that draw to end with the new Jurassic World next week.

There will definitely be a sizeable drop but still a good chance it makes over a billion globally... I can all but guarantee it will be a better movie than JP.

My point is Top Gun would still make a great pinball theme and popular enough to sell well.

#27434 1 year ago

Like he said over the past 3 years there have been several different things which makes me think BTTF will happen. I would almost be shocked if I doesn't happen in 2023.

#27435 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Will be interesting to see if those films do exceed Top Gun. It is Cruises biggest opening movie ever and 2nd biggest Memorial Day movie of all time. Word of mouth and those seeing it a second time in theatre may help it continue momentum for at least a few more weeks.
If those other movies do better at the box office, it may be the fact China will allow them be screened (unlike Top Gun). Of course, their government needs to let people leave their apartments or homes first for that to happen.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/29/media/top-gun-maverick-box-office/index.html

Well ...

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well ... like I said , Doctor Strange is down the bottom of the Marvel Superheroes and it's over 900 million at this point .
I also said Top Gun was a good movie and there's no reason why it wouldn't make it good pin .
As for summer Blockbuster , Jurassic Park will smash everything and Thor will be second .
It will be interesting to see what happens .

#27436 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well ...

Well ... like I said , Doctor Strange is down the bottom of the Marvel Superheroes and it's over 900 million at this point .
I also said Top Gun was a good movie and there's no reason why it wouldn't make it good pin .
As for summer Blockbuster , Jurassic Park will smash everything and Thor will be second .
It will be interesting to see what happens .

I have to think that Jurassic World will be tops this summer as well. I have tickets already, however, (along with 2 JP pins) so maybe I'm biased.

#27437 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I have to think that Jurassic World will be tops this summer as well. I have tickets already, however, (along with 2 JP pins) so maybe I'm biased.

JP will be massive .
I won't affect ticket sales , I will see all of them but the one movie I won't go to see is Avatar , got sucked in by the hype once , not again .

#27438 1 year ago

So I’m the only one who feels the Jurassic movies are played out and tired ? Ill watch watch at home - no desire to pay to see it at the theater . Enough already

#27439 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

So I’m the only one who feels the Jurassic movies are played out and tired ? Ill watch watch at home - no desire to pay to see it at the theater . Enough already

For me, the last couple of movies haven't been particularly good. I also feel like they've been played out, but I am hopeful that this new one will buck the trend. I do plan on seeing it in the theatre...mostly because my better half insists that we go. Happy wife, happy life, right?

#27440 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

Nope. I have a JP premium and love the pin and theme. However, I am with you in that like most Marvel movies, I've grown tired of the JP movies as well.

I am up in the air on whether I'll pay to see it on theatres. If I do, I certainly not in any rush and will wait 4-5 weeks.

#27441 1 year ago

Have y’all seen this trailer?

Maybe stern will get the license for a new Adams Family pin.

#27442 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

Have y’all seen this trailer?

Maybe stern will get the license for a new Adams Family pin.

And they can make amazing improvements on the original...just like they did with IJ.

#27443 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone else brought this up yet. This photo is from the recent stern of the union address. Notice the Jaws poster and shark sticking out of the wall… Can’t imagine that’s a coincidence!

E3669812-36F9-4F3B-A4A1-85F563DE204F (resized).jpegE3669812-36F9-4F3B-A4A1-85F563DE204F (resized).jpeg
#27444 1 year ago

How lame is it to only have Spike 2 games for your entire collection? Just my opinion of course.

#27445 1 year ago

How lame is it to only have Spike 2 games for your entire collection? Just my opinion of course.

You're assuming that's his entire games room!

#27446 1 year ago

I only have two Spike 2 games yet most consider my collection pretty impressive.

It is remarkable how many people think that only games made in the last few years should count. Just because you buy pinball games doesn’t mean you are a collector.

#27447 1 year ago

nostalgia is a weird thing... I like certain titles from the 90s, but after playing them again, I prefer to keep my memories of them rather than making new ones with them.
New pinball games are better playing machines.

That said, I want a T2... lol because 'nostalgia'.

#27448 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

nostalgia is a weird thing... I like certain titles from the 90s, but after playing them again, I prefer to keep my memories of them rather than making new ones with them. New pinball games are better playing machines.

100%. The games I have bought because I liked them in 1994 or 2005 have all gone. Far better off buying the best games you can afford and I think the best games period are mostly the newer Sterns.

Always exceptions, I still love my LW3 but I didn't buy it because of nostalgia.

#27449 1 year ago

Not everyone has the space / funds / otherwise able to commit to have a pinball museum in their house. As a newb, my perspective is that if I can only convince my wife to let me have 2-4 machines, I want machines that have a tons of modes / very deep code. Generally that means newer machines. I can always go play MM/AFM/MB, etc at the local arcade or VPX, I just can't justify it having a spot at my house (Especially since they are more expensive than a new stern!)

#27450 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

100%. The games I have bought because I liked them in 1994 or 2005 have all gone. Far better off buying the best games you can afford and I think the best games period are mostly the newer Sterns.
Always exceptions, I still love my LW3 but I didn't buy it because of nostalgia.

LW3 was my absolute favourite, probably the best 90s game. So underrated.
I want one and a T2...because nostalgia lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,764 posts in this topic. You are on page 549 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/549 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.