20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 548 of 942.
#27351 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Bond is the title that Steve Ritchie was working on when he left Stern. The Whitewood was done and I liked the way it shot. Unsure of what the artwork looks like since it was not completed when Steve left Stern.

Someone mentioned Gomez picked up his project when he left. Hopefully he added his own stuff or redesigned some of it. I have to be honest in saying I haven't been a huge fan of Ritchie's last 3-4 pins.

#27352 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Someone mentioned Gomez picked up his project when he left. Hopefully he added his own stuff or redesigned some of it. I have to be honest in saying I haven't been a huge fan of Ritchie's last 3-4 pins.

Gomez is already on record saying that he completely scrapped Ritchies design. It will be a brand new layout.

#27353 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Gomez is already on record saying that he completely scrapped Ritchies design. It will be a brand new layout.

Correct,
It would be so cool if Stern would share scrapped designs.

I would love to see the whitewoods if they got that far.

From memory Trudeau Deadpool was scrapped by Gomez as well ?

It would be a shame to hide these unrealised designs.

#27354 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Correct,
It would be so cool if Stern would share scrapped designs.
I would love to see the whitewoods if they got that far.
From memory Trudeau Deadpool was scrapped by Gomez as well ?
It would be a shame to hide these unrealised designs.

Correct Gomez was on record saying he scrapped Trudeaus Deadpool design and started from scratch, which is one of the reason it uses 2 BM66 ramps he was on a very tight schedule, but it worked in his favour Deadpool is one of Sterns best.

You can understand why stern don’t show scrapped designs, gives the competition free designs/layouts.

#27355 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Yep and 3 flippers which is pretty rare coming from Gomez.

#27356 1 year ago

Will be interesting to see what kind of mechs & toys 007 has. Wonder what stage of the build/design was at when Gomez took over(was it really scrapped)? Gomez is really good at making mechs and I am pondering the possibilities.

50 years of Bond-James Bond

James Bond (resized).jpgJames Bond (resized).jpg

#27357 1 year ago

I have a hard time believing Ritchie's work was completely scrapped. The timeframe does not line up, unless you use a rehashed layout with a simplistic mech or something. A good design/build takes time. If I get a rethemed Avengers or Mustang with a main toy as a 007 car- I will be really disappointed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27358 1 year ago

Probably contractually it had to be scrapped or Stern would need to pay Steve royalties. Looking forward to see a new GG design!

Quoted from pinmister:

I have a hard time believing Ritchie's work was completely scrapped. The timeframe does not line up, unless you use a rehashed layout with a simplistic mech or something. A good design/build takes time. If I get a rethemed Avengers or Mustang with a main toy as a 007 car- I will be really disappointed.

#27359 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Probably contractually

I am not sure about that. If you work for Stern any content created belongs to Stern. Maybe Ritchie had a special deal? He did have SRP productions stamped on his games at one time(independent contractor?). I just do not see a spectacular game being made in such a short time-unless it is another rehashed turd.

#27360 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am not sure about that. If you work for Stern any content created belongs to Stern. Maybe Ritchie had a special deal? He did have SRP productions stamped on his games at one time(independent contractor?). I just do not see a spectacular game being made in such a short time-unless it is another rehashed turd.

I doubt Gamez continued anybody else's work. I get the impression he is the kind the of guy he would make his own game and not finish someone else's.
That said he does help his peers, I believe BKSOR toy was designed by him for example, and he has probably helped a bunch in other games too. In this case, with him leading the design now I would suspect it was fully redone.

#27361 1 year ago

Gomez is usually involved in the design/build of most mechs for all Stern games. Maybe he and Steve were collaborating on the mechs,etc? One of Steve's weak points is his art package choices. Maybe Gomez scrapped the art but kept the Ritchie monster flow layout? At least that is my hope, hoping for a cool non clunky mech with some great flow.

#27362 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My photo is actually not Blackula. It’s from the Kollywood version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ …which is completely bat shit and highly recommended.

I also love that one of the you tube comments on this video reads. “I remember watching this on acid and almost suffocating to death from laughing so hard”
I can see that.

Just added to my gameroom Playlist.

#27363 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

Bond is the title that Steve Ritchie was working on.
The whitewood was done and I liked the way it shot.

A whitewood is too plain for me. I'm out.

#27364 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just do not see a spectacular game being made in such a short time-unless it is another rehashed turd.

Deadpool would like a word with you, huge seller for stern and extremely popular amongst pinheads and casuals.

#27365 1 year ago

The article referenced said that bond maybe the next title. I am still thinking venom is next! Who’s with me??

#27366 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

The article referenced said that bond maybe the next title. I am still thinking venom is next! Who’s with me??

Ha, we’re going to keep doing this till August. One guy a few weeks ago claimed he’s already seen the venom art packages…another guy on a podcast said it’s Bond.

I’d prefer Venom to Bond, but I’m a comic guy. Either one is probably going to be good

#27367 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Ha, we’re going to keep doing this till August. One guy a few weeks ago claimed he’s already seen the venom art packages…another guy on a podcast said it’s Bond.
I’d prefer Venom to Bond, but I’m a comic guy. Either one is probably going to be good

I think we will see both, Venom and I’ll be the cornerstone in August and Joe K/KaPow will show up with Bond right in time for Xmas deliveries.

#27368 1 year ago

Kaminkow is definitely not Bond. It’s very likely from what he has teased that he has Harry Potter.

Quoted from J85M:

I think we will see both, Venom and I’ll be the cornerstone in August and Joe K/KaPow will show up with Bond right in time for Xmas deliveries.

#27369 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kaminkow is definitely not Bond. It’s very likely from what he has teased that he has Harry Potter.

Wasn’t there something about JK Rowling never wanting to give up the license for pinball? One of many reasons she’s the worst

#27370 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s very likely from what he has teased that he has Harry Potter.

He has teased BTTF just as blatantly.

#27371 1 year ago

Yup. He said HP does not want pinball.

Quoted from mbl1116:

Wasn’t there something about JK Rowling never wanting to give up the license for pinball? One of many reasons she’s the worst

#27372 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

He has teased BTTF just as blatantly.

Next Kaminkow is BTTF. No doubt.

55561-universal_pictures_home_entertainment (resized).jpg55561-universal_pictures_home_entertainment (resized).jpg
#27373 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wrong. It is too big of a license and wanted by many not to be a Cornerstone game.

#27374 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It's just gotta be venom hopefully with a splash of spiderman!!

#27375 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wrong. It is too big of a license and wanted by many not to be a Cornerstone game.

Actually that's a good point and one I made myself awhile back now that I think about it...we shall see soon enough.

#27376 1 year ago

Actually that's a good point and one I made myself awhile back now that I think about it...we shall see soon enough.

Not anytime soon

#27377 1 year ago

You dirty dog...lol. I still think we see it by Jan 2023.

#27378 1 year ago

You dirty dog...lol. I still think we see it by Jan 2023.

Negative ghost rider.....

#27379 1 year ago

[quoted image]

did someone say "no doubt"?
nodoubt001 (resized).jpgnodoubt001 (resized).jpg

#27380 1 year ago

Did someone say “ I guess you guys aren't ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it.”

49E92DB9-A698-4D38-8F8F-1E1FD9009A57 (resized).jpeg49E92DB9-A698-4D38-8F8F-1E1FD9009A57 (resized).jpegD754D450-2697-41F5-AC41-439A22A99315 (resized).jpegD754D450-2697-41F5-AC41-439A22A99315 (resized).jpeg
#27381 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did someone say “ I guess you guys aren't ready for that, yet. But your kids are gonna love it.”[quoted image][quoted image]

Screenshot_20211129-003514_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-003514_Instagram (resized).jpg
#27382 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I just don't understand how people can say this, without flipping it first!!!

#27383 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Quoted from Roostking:

I don't understand how people can say this without flipping it first!

I did flip it over. There was no artwork on the other side either. So I'm still out.

#27384 1 year ago

Jaws
Back to the Future
VH

I am in!!

#27385 1 year ago

Roth VH not a big Sammy guy.

#27386 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

did someone say "no doubt"?
[quoted image]

No doubt this would be a pass.

#27387 1 year ago

A lot of talk about Venom & Bond.I still hope that they announce Jaws.

#27388 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Roth VH not a big Sammy guy.

This would be a big issue with a VH pin. Is it a Roth pin or a Sammy pin... I suspect it will never happen for this reason alone unfortunately.

#27389 1 year ago

VH will cover the 80s DLR days

Likely music videos mixed with custom animation.

#27390 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

This would be a big issue with a VH pin. Is it a Roth pin or a Sammy pin... I suspect it will never happen for this reason alone unfortunately.

Licensing nightmare for Van Halen and Black Sabbath. We could see a Ozzy pin first.

#27391 1 year ago
Quoted from Jace:

I still hope that they announce Jaws.

Team Elwin on JAWS would be epic!

#27392 1 year ago

I'm holding out for the Kars for Kids pinball. There's only one song, but it's an earworm. You have to finish the Wizard mode to turn it OFF.

#27393 1 year ago

Just saw first two episodes of the Boyz season 3, somebody make this into a good shooting pin now!!

Call-outs would be amazing and the bloodiest stuff on an lcd to date plus it’s hilarious dark at the same time!

#27394 1 year ago

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man

just wait and see...

#27395 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man
just wait and see...

I've never heard Ozzy referred to as He-Man before. I guess there's a first for everything.

#27396 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man
just wait and see...

In this order?

I do keep hearing Gomez Bond is next.

#27397 1 year ago

Jaws could be fun if the player was jaws. Making shots to close in on the hunt, raming ships, and dodging harpoons.

#27398 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Jaws could be fun if the player was jaws. Making shots to close in on the hunt, raming ships, and dodging harpoons.

Yes. Of the four rumored next pins Jaws is really the only one I'm interested in. I'm on the list.

#27399 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

hit the Alex Kitner orbit!

#27400 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

hit the Alex Kitner orbit!

th-1262724623 (resized).jpgth-1262724623 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 548 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/548?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.