20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 942.
#27301 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

How bout some Danzig then!

A Danzig pin?? Oh Mother

#27302 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Maybe but I'm so tired of comic book/super hero movies. I passed on Dr. Strange and will likely pass on Thor as well.
Not sure on JP. If it gets decent reviews, I'll see it and it may exceed Top Gun but it is a tired franchise at this point IMO. Either way, as a pin theme, it has already been done.

The general public isn't sick of superhero movies .
I think Jurassic Park will beat Thor .
There's no reason why Top Gun wouldn't make a good pin but a cartoon version of it wouldn't cut it .

#27303 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The general public isn't sick of superhero movies .
I think Jurassic Park will beat Thor .
There's no reason why Top Gun wouldn't make a good pin but a cartoon version of it wouldn't cut it .

Will be interesting to see if those films do exceed Top Gun. It is Cruises biggest opening movie ever and 2nd biggest Memorial Day movie of all time. Word of mouth and those seeing it a second time in theatre may help it continue momentum for at least a few more weeks.

If those other movies do better at the box office, it may be the fact China will allow them be screened (unlike Top Gun). Of course, their government needs to let people leave their apartments or homes first for that to happen.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/29/media/top-gun-maverick-box-office/index.html

#27304 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Will be interesting to see if those films do exceed Top Gun. It is Cruises biggest opening movie ever and 2nd biggest Memorial Day movie of all time. Word of mouth and those seeing it a second time in theatre may help it continue momentum for at least a few more weeks.
If those other movies do better at the box office, it may be the fact China will allow them be screened (unlike Top Gun). Of course, their government needs to let people leave their apartments or homes first for that to happen.

Well .. Doctor Strange is down the bottom of the Marvel Superheroes and it got more than Top Gun and it wasn't shown in China as well .

IMG_20220530_235539 (resized).jpgIMG_20220530_235539 (resized).jpg
#27305 1 year ago

I’ll admit big movie franchises are easy money making pinball titles due to their popularity. However, for longevity of play and universal appeal I prefer original themes. Just thinking of how many are in the top 100, there are too many to list. I’d like to see companies get back to taking chances being creative rather than play it safe licensing pop culture IP. Props to Dialed In and Oktoberfest for doing just that.

#27306 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Props to Dialed In and Oktoberfest for doing just that.

I get what you're saying but those two titles are probably the least selling for each company .

#27307 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Well .. Doctor Strange is down the bottom of the Marvel Superheroes and it got more than Top Gun and it wasn't shown in China as well .[quoted image]

I get some love super hero movies. I am just tired of them personally. It is surprising to me, though, that people keep paying to see super hero movies based on C level comic characters that all seem the same after a while.

I guess I was hoping after the Avengers movies Hollywood would start getting back to creating novel stuff and trying to be more creative. No incentive I guess when all they have to do is a resurrect some obscure, 3rd rate super hero most of us had never heard of and make a movie out if it.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27308 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was a good movie but it won't beat Thor and Jurassic Park

It's not even going to beat Doctor Strange, let alone these juggernauts. I could see Lightyear beating it out as well.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I get some love super hero movies. I am just tired of them personally. It is surprising to me, though, that people keep paying to see super hero movies based on C level comic characters that all seem the same after a while.
I guess I was hoping after the Avengers movies Hollywood would start getting back to creating novel stuff and trying to be more creative. No incentive I guess when all they have to do is a resurrect some obscure, 3rd rate super hero most of us had never heard of and make a movie out if it.

Most of the heroes in the Avengers movies were on that exact same C level until the movies changed that. Iron Man was a d-list character until Robert Downey Jr made him the most important character in movies over the last decade plus.

There's plenty of creativity happening in movies, probably more so than anytime in history given how easy it is to make a movie now thanks to the democratization of the technology, It's just not coming to blockbusters, and it probably shouldn't given how expensive they are to make.

#27309 1 year ago

So from what I’m still hearing VENOM is the next pin in August to be released.

#27310 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#27311 1 year ago

Nope Venom is not the code name

#27312 1 year ago

Darn. Seems like it would be a cool theme but not for me. My wallet is safe for now.

#27313 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Lets hope not. Unless Stern pulls another rabbit out of their hat, I think it would be a mediocre selling title.

#27314 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Last few Disney/Marvel flicks were banned in China. Strange, Eternals, Shang Chi all banned. All made buckets of money in the states and other non-bigoted countires, kinda saved theaters post-lockdown IMO. Thor will 100% be banned due to China being anti-LGBTQ. These movies are not Citizen Kane or Godfather but they really try to give positive messages and tell compelling stories. Been reading comics since 87, this is a golden age. Some are good. some are shit but all in all its better than most of the blockbuster crap of the 90s and early 00s. Wild Wild West? Every "End of the World movies of 2012"? Keep em. Make mine Marvel.

#27315 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Lets hope not. Unless Stern pulls another rabbit out of their hat, I think it would be a mediocre selling title.

Knapp Arcade says Bond today!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-george-gomez-james-bond-is-stern-pinball-s-next-game

#27318 1 year ago

Do we think it would be a Daniel Craig theme or somehow span the entire collection of movies?

Interested to see how they build out a Bond theme…

#27319 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Last few Disney/Marvel flicks were banned in China. Strange, Eternals, Shang Chi all banned. All made buckets of money in the states and other non-bigoted countires, kinda saved theaters post-lockdown IMO. Thor will 100% be banned due to China being anti-LGBTQ. These movies are not Citizen Kane or Godfather but they really try to give positive messages and tell compelling stories. Been reading comics since 87, this is a golden age. Some are good. some are shit but all in all its better than most of the blockbuster crap of the 90s and early 00s. Wild Wild West? Every "End of the World movies of 2012"? Keep em. Make mine Marvel.

Wild Wild West? Now that is just cherry picking the worst of the worst.

I get the super hero genre is still popular. I think Disney is making the mistake they did with Star Wars, though: over saturating the market which is starting to lead to fatigue and may backfire. Time will tell but I'm not the only one with this opinion.

https://morningconsult.com/2021/12/06/marvel-superhero-film-fatigue/

#27320 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Do we think it would be a Daniel Craig theme or somehow span the entire collection of movies?
Interested to see how they build out a Bond theme…

The entire franchise woukd be cool but the licensing dynamics required and cost probably make it unlikely. I'm guessing a Connery or Craig themed machine with personal preference leaning towards the newer Craig films.

#27321 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The entire franchise woukd be cool but the licensing dynamics required and cost probably make it unlikely. I'm guessing a Connery or Craig themed machine with personal preference leaning towards the newer Craig films.

I’m with you. Craig is my favorite Bond and I think those movies would make for a great theme.

#27322 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Craig makes the most sense for all ages.

Connery wouldn't appeal to younger players.

#27323 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

This may be true, but Connery is still the best Bond. Change my mind.

#27324 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Connery is still the best Bond

Fact

#27325 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Roger Moore FTW!!!!!! #MyBond

#27326 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Tough call ... with you on the Connery, but there there have been good and bad ones over the years

#27327 1 year ago

Roger Moore
Sean Connery

In my opinion.

#27328 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I hope Bond is released with Connery. The Best Bond hands down!

15FE678B-2ADF-4635-B193-C4CDF22833D1 (resized).jpeg15FE678B-2ADF-4635-B193-C4CDF22833D1 (resized).jpeg
#27329 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

I hope Bond is released with Connery. The Best Bond hands down!

Galore a-go-go!

#27330 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

100%

But I'm old

#27331 1 year ago

If the Aston Martin mech that was rumoured makes it into the production game it should rule out Moore, if Stern are being accurate to the movies/Bond era.

#27332 1 year ago

I'll take Craig... and I liked Sean Connery. He admittedly wasn't my generation's Bond, though.

#27333 1 year ago

So, if Gomez is doing Bond and Eddy is doing Venom…what exactly is Keith working on currently???

#27334 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, if Gomez is doing Bond and Eddy is doing Venom…what exactly is Keith working on currently???

81i0SawSjDL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg81i0SawSjDL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg
#27335 1 year ago

I hope it is Cobra Kai. It makes sense it could be. They already worked with Netflix on a Stranger Things. Netflix would be open to using another one of their shows as a pin.

#27336 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I hope it is Cobra Kai. It makes sense it could be. They already worked with Netflix on a Stranger Things. Netflix would be open to using another one of their shows as a pin.

Netflix only hosts Cobra Kai. Sony owns it. Will Smith has something to do it also. Lots of hands in the Karate Kid franchise money pot. It would make an awesome pin though, hopefully someone secures that license.

#27337 1 year ago

For the life of me I cannot think of what a cobra Kai pin would play like

#27338 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

I sure hope. Can you imagine the metal in this potential game. A collaboration of all Keith's former games.

Bring the Smart Missile back!

#27339 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

[quoted image]

More likely BTTF... time will tell.

#27340 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

You could select a character and then battle other characters all with the goal of defeating Cobra Kai or Miagi Doe.

#27341 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Barefoot Champion Pub

#27342 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Barefoot Champion Pub

That would be an awesome retheme.

#27343 1 year ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I'd want something like Transformers with half the playfield as Cobra Kai and half as Miyagi.

#27344 1 year ago

What about a Harold and kumar pin.

#27345 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Roger Moore FTW!!!!!! #MyBond

Rodger Moore is by far the best bond for pinball .
He has the best humour , gadgets , cars , villains , girls , stunts and missions .
And his demographic is perfect for people who buy pinball machines .

IMG_20220531_204507 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_204507 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_201546 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_201546 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203538 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203538 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_202812 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_202812 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203224 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203224 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203409 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_203409 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_205853 (resized).jpgIMG_20220531_205853 (resized).jpg
#27346 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Rodger Moore is by far the best bond for pinball .
He has the best humour , gadgets , cars , villains , girls , stunts and missions .
And his demographic is perfect for people who buy pinball machines .
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Biggest problem is if the rumoured Aston Martin mech is indeed real it would rule out Moore.

#27347 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Biggest problem is if the rumoured Aston Martin mech is indeed real it would rule out Moore.

Yeah , it won't be Rodger but until it comes out , I can dream

#27348 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yeah , it won't be Rodger but until it comes out , I can dream

It is sacrilege they never gave Moore an Aston, at least once!

#27349 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It is sacrilege they never gave Moore an Aston, at least once!

He drove one in The Cannonball Run but I guess that doesn't count

#27350 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Bond or BTTF are the titles I'd be excited about.

Bond is the title that Steve Ritchie was working on when he left Stern. The Whitewood was done and I liked the way it shot. Unsure of what the artwork looks like since it was not completed when Steve left Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 16.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 547 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/547?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.