Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 923.
#27251 1 year ago

Actually it’s “Golimar” which translates into the English as “Amphetamine Dance”

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

hahahaha, from time to time I see this clip... KOLIMARRRR... lol gets me every time. It is freaking nuts. lol

#27252 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Alright Gary’s just trolling us now…
[quoted image]

Gary’s probably been actively pursuing Pokémon, Sonic and others behind closed doors, he knows what most of us would buy better than we do!

#27253 1 year ago

Actually I'd be into a Stern pinball machine... as a license. So a Stern - Stern pinball!

With Garys head (and others) on the backbox and you play a Data East, SEGA and Stern ladder upwards trying to defeat the competition.
- I mean they did Rollercoaster Tycoon, why not Pinball Tycoon!?

#27254 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My photo is actually not Blackula. It’s from the Kollywood version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ …which is completely bat shit and highly recommended.

I also love that one of the you tube comments on this video reads. “I remember watching this on acid and almost suffocating to death from laughing so hard”
I can see that.

I don’t know what I just watched, but I’m hooked and I’m buying the T-shirt

#27255 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220527-220810_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220527-220810_Instagram (resized).jpg
#27256 1 year ago

Unfortunately ,this “parts shortage “ aka “trade war” isn’t going away any time soon .Really sucks and pinball is of least importance .That being said ,with the backlog it might be a possibility that Stern has only 1 cornerstone left this year .If I was betting I’d throw down on Gomez on Venom as it’s in the ballpark with DP in humor and popularity .This is not the right time (after the covid bull market) to go with a coveted title .I think a lot of pinheads have stretched recently and have to sell to buy and you have to drop price to sell .What’s going to be interesting is to see where used prices go .I mean there’s no way these price increases are sustainable and I’d be very surprised to see one anytime soon .They will also miss SR as he (to the dismay of many ) just put out real PINBALL machines .Machines where shots trumped toys .If I hear one more person trash LZ I’ll lose my mind .That pin (minus callouts ) is a fucking treasure !! Please lmk if you disagree and why ?

#27257 1 year ago

That is an incredible piece of art. Where did you get it?

#27258 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Looks like it's related to the cinemuseum's BTTF restoration project. They have it posted on their instagram last year.

#27259 1 year ago

Would actually go for a Chuck Norris pin right now.. may change my mind in the morning!

img_0351.pngimg_0351.png
#27260 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

As they say art is subjective like most things but I would be disappointed if that was the art on a BTTF pin.

I’d much prefer something like Franchi, photo realistic artwork that actually looks like MJF.

#27261 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

As they say art is subjective like most things but I would be disappointed if that was the art on a BTTF pin.
I’d much prefer something like Franchi, photo realistic artwork that actually looks like MJF.

Agree, no need to worry though,
If the licence is ever acquired I doubt Stern Pinball will fck it up. They are a fine tuned machine these days.
Its a pity that Franchi will not be doing art for them anymore. Franchi's style is certainly suited for a title such as BttF.

#27262 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Would actually go for a Chuck Norris pin right now.. may change my mind in the morning!
[quoted image]

Chuck's playfield would dimple the ball.

#27263 1 year ago

Need to have a Total Gym toy on the Chuck Norris pin!

#27264 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

If the licence is ever acquired I doubt Stern Pinball will fck it up

I’m way behind on my pinball rumors. But didn’t Stern obtain this through the Kamacow fellow as a studio pin like Batman66? Or has that rumor been killed?

Maybe Franchi will still do one off jobs as contract labor.

#27266 1 year ago

Thread hijacking is not appreciated.

#27267 1 year ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Need to have a Total Gym toy on the Chuck Norris pin!

And random call outs of all the great CN jokes ! We used to have a whole book of them - passed it along .

#27268 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thread hijacking is not appreciated.

Really? Chill out

#27269 1 year ago

I really hope it's Pokemon .... That would be one of the most amazing theme ....I'm definetly buying an LE

#27270 1 year ago

I need to register a complaint. I used your drive-thru to order, but never got my White Castle sliders.

#27271 1 year ago

If Pokémon is made my daughters would go nuts. Me, not so much. My oldest grew up with Pokémon. I took her to the first movie and sadly I fell asleep through it.

We watched Pokémon episodes many many times on VHS. I do fine Team Rocket and Meowth pretty damn funny, even till this day. “Looks like team Rocket is blasting off again” is etched into my brain lol.

#27272 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I need to register a complaint. I used your drive-thru to order, but never got my White Castle sliders.

They were overrated your not missing much, go to McDonald’s. Lol

#27273 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

This makes no financial sense. That's like $8k vs $24k in free machines. Give me the $24k+ of machines now and I'll see what Halloween looks like in 3 years when I have that fat stack of cash from selling the three I wisely chose in my pocket and have options.
Good on Bug making a break for the big leagues, and more power to him, but I don't want to suffer through his fledgling career mistakes - I'm here for the party with $8k-$12k admission prices per ticket. Note that I will unironically say I was a longtime fan once he figures it out and releases something universally praised, though. I'm not completely insane.

He was using hyperbole, he wasn’t being serious. Of course it doesn’t make financial sense, but he was joking and saying how much he doesn’t like those three pins.

#27274 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The older they both get, the more Gary Stern starts to look like Ric Flair.

4D735A2C-E79A-41AF-8F4C-EF7654D0D26A (resized).jpeg4D735A2C-E79A-41AF-8F4C-EF7654D0D26A (resized).jpeg
#27275 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The older they both get, the more Gary Stern starts to look like Ric Flair.

Quoted from RA77:

Oh man we need a Slayer pin !
Trickery at its best, lol
SLAYER - LIVE PERFORMANCE - 64th GRAMMY AWARDS 2022
Epic track kicks in at 3 min mark \m/

A satanic band themed pinball. Yeah that ain’t going to ever happen. Karen’s everywhere would get that pin cancelled in a hurry. Now give me Motley Crue, G rated satanic.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27276 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

He was using hyperbole, he wasn’t being serious.

Um, so was I. The serious analysis was meant to be ridiculous. Fire with fire and all that.

#27277 1 year ago
Quoted from mthirkell:

Really? Chill out

Nah...he's really got a point. The guy has spammed a ton of threads with thinly veiled adverts for his arcade. Now he just puts a picture of the arcade with a gameplay video of the game featured in the thread. Look at his post history. It's pretty annoying. I'll make sure not to go there next time I'm in Georgia...he's like the Pinstadiums of the arcade world.

#27278 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

A satanic band themed pinball.

Pfft! Slayer is no more satanic than motley Crüe. Oh no, an inverted cross! A pentagram! Whatever shall we do?!

Whatever sells albums.

#27279 1 year ago

How bout some Danzig then!

#27280 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

How bout some Danzig then!

If you mean the Misfits...then yes!

#27281 1 year ago

Any chance 007 could be code for Top Gun?

#27282 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Zero. The new Top Gun was not a guaranteed success and Stern doesn’t really like making games off of stand alone movies these days. Stern did not have Top Gun licensed and ready to go.

#27283 1 year ago

Fudge no to a GI Joe or Chuck Norris pin. I get all the murderers and murder and guns and cops and war on the nightly news i need . I don't know what percentage of Stern's business is outside the USA but i'm guessing Joe would be poison.

#27284 1 year ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:

I get all the murderers and murder and guns and cops and war on the nightly news i need.

Stop watching the “news”... It’s all propaganda anyway.

#27285 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

[quoted image]

Hot rat in a can multiball

#27286 1 year ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Top Gun Maverick was amazing. It’s the only theme I would pay any ridiculous price for a Super LE.

Yes I realize its never coming.

#27287 1 year ago
Quoted from anynamewilldo:Fudge no to a GI Joe or Chuck Norris pin. I get all the murderers and murder and guns and cops and war on the nightly news i need . I don't know what percentage of Stern's business is outside the USA but i'm guessing Joe would be poison.

F2852726-99B3-4879-B0F2-7EE82542307E (resized).pngF2852726-99B3-4879-B0F2-7EE82542307E (resized).png
#27288 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Zero. The new Top Gun was not a guaranteed success and Stern doesn’t really like making games off of stand alone movies these days. Stern did not have Top Gun licensed and ready to go.

In what world would anyone think that the new Top Gun was not going to be badass? It lives up to its billing

#27289 1 year ago

The world where Hollywood continually screws up beloved franchises with wokeness and other garbage. It's completely possible that that would have happened to Top Gun.

#27290 1 year ago

A Top Gun machine that lets you choose which movie to play, like Alien, would be absolutely amazing.

#27291 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

The world where Hollywood continually screws up beloved franchises with wokeness and other garbage. It's completely possible that that would have happened to Top Gun.

It didn’t happen.

#27292 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

In what world would anyone think that the new Top Gun was not going to be badass? It lives up to its billing

Star Wars: Episode 1 paging P2K. P2K, pickup on line Turd.

#27293 1 year ago

I’m surprised they haven’t tried decade/era themed pins… you could throw a bunch of nostalgic crap in there (toys/clips/someone recognizable for callouts) and license various songs for the music… easier than finding a single artist you can make a cohesive theme around I’d think.

#27294 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

With all the utter garbage and weak cash grabs Hollywood pumps out every year I think that was a very very real possibility. Look what Disney did to Star Wars for crying out loud…with the original cast too boot. Heck, check out Hobbit. The examples are endless. Top Gun could have easily been horrifically bad, glad it wasn’t…no one would have taken a chance on it before release for a capital project like a pin.

#27295 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

With all the utter garbage and weak cash grabs Hollywood pumps out every year I think that was a very very real possibility. Look what Disney did to Star Wars for crying out loud…with the original cast too boot. Heck, check out Hobbit. The examples are endless. Top Gun could have easily been horrifically bad, glad it wasn’t…no one would have taken a chance on it before release for a capital project like a pin.

I was worried they would go some weepy anti-military direction. But nope this was the best 80s movie made in a long time.

#27296 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Normally I'd agree with you, but this is Tom Cruise with jets. As Exec Producer, he takes it as seriously as M.I. He makes quality film when he's bankrolling.

#27298 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Will they make one going forward based on both films? The movie should be the hit of the summer and I maintain it makes a very good pinball theme. Soundtrack of the original is pretty good as well.

There was a discussion here last week on the topic of Top Gun as a possible future theme. A few bashed it saying the younger pin crowd wouldn't embrace or buy it because it is an dad's era theme. Of note from opening weekend demographics, 45% appear to be 35 or younger which suggests the theme would have broader appeal then some may think.

"Updated demos are 58% guys, 42% women. The under-35 repped 45%, which is promising, considering that the sequel is appealing to a wider demo. Those over 35 repped 55%, while the 18-34 segment repped 37% of attendance. Diversity demos were 66% Caucasian, 16% Latino and Hispanic, 7% African American, and 7% Asian".

#27299 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The movie should be the hit of the summer

It was a good movie but it won't beat Thor and Jurassic Park

#27300 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It was a good movie but it won't beat Thor and Jurassic Park

Maybe but I'm so tired of comic book/super hero movies. I passed on Dr. Strange and will likely pass on Thor as well.

Not sure on JP. If it gets decent reviews, I'll see it. It may exceed Top Gun but it is a tired franchise at this point IMO. Either way, as a pin theme, it has already been done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Neenah, WI
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 46,146 posts in this topic. You are on page 546 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/546?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.