We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 545 of 941.
#27201 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So do 1 game properly. Problem solved.

You can bet two themes at once won't ever be offered again with Spooky, just because some people have the patience of a five year old. I look up to proper games like Rush that have an idiot sandwich for a scoop protector or GNR that have unbalanced scoring with no motivation to ever play the modes.

#27202 1 year ago

reply fail

#27203 1 year ago

Sonic could be the next Designe by Jack Danger. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

I liked Ryan McQuaid Designe he put a lot of effort in it. Also his topper looked great.

Hope they do some multi game where you can deside wich game you like to play. Like Ryan wanted it or like it is on the Alien. That would be so much fun to have diffrent games on one Pinball.

#27204 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Heyyyy aren’t you the flipper who got burnt on BOTH games because you weren’t patient enough to wait out code dev… then had a series of meltdowns about it in the owners forum? (honest question, can’t remember if it was you or not)

A pin with no soul is just a pin with no soul.
100 plays on my Ultraman and it was time to go. The new owner just listed it for sale yesterday also after 50 plays for $6800.. Replaced it with Stern Elvira and it is fantastic great shots and the CODE the is out of this world!! Good bye UltramanHalloween and welcome Elvira.

04805B33-718A-4169-AD70-63FE2CD5B8D7 (resized).jpeg04805B33-718A-4169-AD70-63FE2CD5B8D7 (resized).jpegCF1F1915-80A0-49F8-8D39-F0C8DD301D15 (resized).jpegCF1F1915-80A0-49F8-8D39-F0C8DD301D15 (resized).jpeg

#27205 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The only buyers who got “burned” on these titles were flippers. F ‘em. And you’re right Karl never dumped on the game and there were no “problems” on the stream other than the fact that he got beyond where the code was at that point. Anyone watching that stream from 8 months ago and passing judgments is being foolish. There have been three code updates since then including a sub wiz and the new wiz mode. They have hired a new animation studio which will be included in a code update for UM in July and probably Aug for HWN It’s curious to me that no one has any patience when it comes to Spooky code but will sing praises to something like Stern’s RUSH or Mandalorian which were hardly a shell at launch. And talk about “layout issues”. Mando is a horrific clunk fest. Anyway, I’m getting a bit tired of people bashing the smaller companies. I think it honestly comes down to this. People want what is comfortable and relatable to them. For most people…it’s not Halloween. Personally…I like weird shit…and horror films. So…the game is for me. Upper playfields? No prob…one of my favorite games is TSPP. This feels very similar to me.

Congratulations on your Ultraman. I see why you would defend your new pin. Hopefully you took the 20% discount. 17 listed on market place at deep discounts.

3CE51F0B-B14F-4F84-940F-02BFFCD6B1CC (resized).jpeg3CE51F0B-B14F-4F84-940F-02BFFCD6B1CC (resized).jpeg
#27206 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly. It’s a small company coding two games at once, its gonna take some time. The game shoots great and there’s only one minor design change that I would have made. Also the new code and wizard mode is RAD. Best use of a knocker in the HISTORY of pinball. And with all honesty I could give a flying F@CK what Joel the SHILL thinks about Spooky games. I watched him on stream playing and enjoying Halloween only to go on TPN and claim “ohhhh I only looked like I was having fun because I drank too many beers”. Guy is a turd.

Hey there, Joel here. So I appreciate PinMonk jokingly bringing up my name in relation to Halloween but I think you might be thinking of someone else. I’ve never streamed Halloween and I also don’t drink on stream so I’m not really following your comments about “me”? Sure I’m not a fan of the game and the few times I’ve played it but I’ve explained many times that what is fun for me might not be fun for you. I hope you love your game. So I’ll join you in shaking my fist at whatever guy you are thinking about but I don’t think it is actually me.

#27207 1 year ago

Yes that was my mistake, apologies. Edited my original post to reflect the mistake.

Quoted from joelbob:

Hey there, Joel here. So I appreciate PinMonk jokingly bringing up my name in relation to Halloween but I think you might be thinking of someone else. I’ve never streamed Halloween and I also don’t drink on stream so I’m not really following your comments about “me”? Sure I’m not a fan of the game and the few times I’ve played it but I’ve explained many times that what is fun for me might not be fun for you. I hope you love your game. So I’ll join you in shaking my fist at whatever guy you are thinking about but I don’t think it is actually me.

#27208 1 year ago

I own Halloween, prices are far closer to the NIB with that theme but also I don’t really care cause I’m not a flipper. The game is going to my location and will be payed off in coin drop. I wanted the game, my patrons wanted the game, I played the game and I bought it. Anyway, I used to own Elvira as well. Obviously Lyman code is better than nearly anything else. However, I had multiple games where I completed everything in the code and sold the house by ball 2. So I sold the game. Shoots too easy. Different strokes.

Quoted from frankmac:

Congratulations on your Ultraman. I see why you would defend your new pin. Hopefully you took the 20% discount. 17 listed on market place at deep discounts.
[quoted image]

#27209 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pinball is not easy.
That said, be careful of your debate position. This one loses immediately because the hit-to-turd ratio at Stern is WAY better than Spooky. ALL the manufacturers have bright spots, but NONE of them are batting a thousand.

Doesn't change the fact that Stern got lucky hiring Elwin and that's why Godzilla is what it is. It just as easily could have been led Zeppelin

#27210 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Doesn't change the fact that Stern got lucky hiring Elwin and that's why Godzilla is what it is. It just as easily could have been led Zeppelin

It's not "luck" that Stern hired Elwin, but it is "luck" for Godzilla fans that he got assigned or that he volunteered to do the Godzilla machine.

#27211 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But it wouldn't have been...Hal-lo-weeeEEeen.
zingbot-zing.gifzingbot-zing.gif

#27212 1 year ago

Hmm, I’d take one Halloween over LZ Mando and Rush together.

Quoted from PinMonk:

But it wouldn't have been...Hal-lo-weeeEEeen.
[quoted image]

#27213 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

You are always so misunderstood despite just being an amiable guy that wears his heart on his sleeve. I understand the tats now, I really do. Stay strong, buddy.
Joel_Gahan (resized).jpgJoel_Gahan (resized).jpg

#27214 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hmm, I’d take one Halloween over LZ Mando and Rush together.

This makes no financial sense. That's like $8k vs $24k in free machines. Give me the $24k+ of machines now and I'll see what Halloween looks like in 3 years when I have that fat stack of cash from selling the three I wisely chose in my pocket and have options.

Good on Bug making a break for the big leagues, and more power to him, but I don't want to suffer through his fledgling career mistakes - I'm here for the party with $8k-$12k admission prices per ticket. Note that I will unironically say I was a longtime fan once he figures it out and releases something universally praised, though. I'm not completely insane.

#27215 1 year ago

Naturally, I’m just saying I hate those three games haha

Quoted from PinMonk:

This makes no financial sense. That's like $8k vs $24k in free machines. Give me the $24k+ of machines now and I'll see what Halloween looks like in 3 years when I have that fat stack of cash from selling the three I wisely chose in my pocket and options.
Good on Bug making a break for the big leagues, and more power to him, but I don't want to suffer through his fledgling career mistakes - I'm here for the party with $8k-$12k admission prices per ticket. Note that I will unironically say I was a longtime fan once he figures it out and releases something universally praised, though. I'm not completely insane.

#27216 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Naturally, I’m just saying I hate those three games haha

And, that's why we love you.

It's like a downvote from dingleberry. When I stopped getting them all the time I felt like I lost a little of the pinside experience.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27217 1 year ago

LMAO

#27218 1 year ago

Ayyyyy there’s one more for ya haha

Quoted from PinMonk:

And, that's why we love you.
It's like a downvote from dingleberry. When I stopped getting them all the time I felt like I lost a little of the pinside experience.

#27219 1 year ago

Lol, it's become a @PinMonk, mpdpvdpin love story!

To get back on topic (and because I don't want to go through pages of your posts/loveletters, lol), I'd be interested to know what cornerstone you (@PinMonk, @mpdpvdpin) think Stern will release in August. Your final list, 3 guesses!

#27220 1 year ago

I think Ritchies / Gomez Bond or Eddy Jaws next.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, it's become a PinMonk, mpdpvdpin love story!
To get back on topic (and because I don't want to go through pages of your posts/loveletters, lol), I'd be interested to know what cornerstone you (PinMonk, mpdpvdpin) think Stern will release in August. Your final list, 3 guesses!

#27221 1 year ago

Oh man I hope it’s not.
Wallet needs a break.

Let it be Eddy’s Venom. Please.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think Ritchies / Gomez Bond or Eddy Jaws next.

#27222 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, it's become a PinMonk, mpdpvdpin love story!
To get back on topic (and because I don't want to go through pages of your posts/loveletters, lol), I'd be interested to know what cornerstone you (PinMonk, mpdpvdpin) think Stern will release in August. Your final list, 3 guesses!

No idea. I really hope it's not Venom and that's a code name for Harry Potter (Voldemort/Slytherin) or Cobra Kai (the, uh, cobra). Jaws I'm like, didn't we already burn this code name on JP? Bond could be fun, but it'd have to be ALL of them (and no, don't forget Lazenby). And BTTF has tons of possibilities. Whatever it is, I'm buying, whether I like the theme or not. One of the perks of temp testing all the machines now is I get to play them all and maybe get past my theme prejudices.

#27223 1 year ago

"However, I had multiple games where I completed everything in the code and sold the house by ball 2. So I sold the game."

The internet and social media is great, isn't it? Here some can be the best pinball players in the world, have super hot girlfriends/wives, and be multimillionnaires (or billionnaires) all while typing from the comfort of a parent's basement.

#27224 1 year ago

@mpdpvdpin, oh man, Bond and Jaws are such great titles! I'd say I would be 100% behind both.

@PinMonk, I'm not too much into Harry Potter, but I get that it would be an instant success. Jaws, yes, I kinda love what was done with that home-brew, a Jaws pin with all the bells and whistles would be superb! Bond: of course! Lazenby was on par with the best James Bond flicks produced. Goldfinger being the best, IMO!

P.S. PinMonk, you sure make nice mods! Just saying, people should look you up if they don't know. Nothing better than something that actually works with CLEAR instructions!

#27225 1 year ago

Proofs in the pudding smarty pants. Go look at my scores. I log em on here with photos. Also, I own a home and I do in fact have what would be considered an attractive partner. Would you like to see my mortgage payment? Some photos of my partner? Ok…moving on then.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

"However, I had multiple games where I completed everything in the code and sold the house by ball 2. So I sold the game."
The internet and social media is great, isn't it? Here some can be the best pinball players in the world, have super hot girlfriends/wives, and be multimillionnaires (or billionnaires) all while typing from the comfort of a parent's basement.

B384F5B9-2895-4B4B-B1B2-B156512C73F2 (resized).pngB384F5B9-2895-4B4B-B1B2-B156512C73F2 (resized).png

#27226 1 year ago

Here’s my girl and I shown here on our way to whoop your monkey ass at pinball haha. Follow me on IG my young padawan

Quoted from Utesichiban:

0830F6F1-DCFF-499D-9224-5A41B9EF0EC4 (resized).png0830F6F1-DCFF-499D-9224-5A41B9EF0EC4 (resized).png

#27227 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

P.S. PinMonk, you sure make nice mods! Just saying, people should look you up if they don't know. Nothing better than something that actually works with CLEAR instructions!

Thanks. Bad instructions with bad photos are a pet peeve of mine, which is why I pay an illustrator to make illustrations for the items I sell that need instructions. Glad to know you appreciate the effort.

#27228 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Proofs in the pudding smarty pants. Go look at my scores. I log em on here with photos. Also, I own a home and I do in fact have what would be considered an attractive partner. Would you like to see my mortgage payment? Some photos of my partner? Ok…moving on them.

[quoted image]

LOL... no, that won't be necessary. I'll take you at your word, insecurities and all .

#27229 1 year ago

Lol Gaslight me harder daddy…I can take it.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

LOL... no, that won't be necessary. I'll take you at your word, insecurities and all .

#27230 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s my girl and I shown here on our way to whoop your monkey ass at pinball haha.

I like you, mpdpvdpin. Always have. Always will.

#27231 1 year ago

Thank you for your continued support

Quoted from Gorgar123:

I like you, mpdpvdpin. Always have. Always will.

#27232 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Here’s my girl and I shown here on our way to whoop your monkey ass at pinball haha. Follow me on IG my young padawan

[quoted image]

"i haven't killed anyone since 1984"

Great homage to a great film.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27233 1 year ago

Come on Cobra Kai!

#27234 1 year ago

Venom please stern.

And get Elwin on sonic not Jack.

#27235 1 year ago

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, callouts and riffs to rival GnR

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/

Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace

MD (resized).jpgMD (resized).jpg
#27236 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Setlist for the hardest metal pin with technical excellence, callouts and riffs to rival GnR
https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/megadeth-in-20-songs/
Symphony of Destruction
In My Darkest Hour”/“Hook in Mouth
Hangar 18
Countdown To Extinction
She Wolf
Sweating bullets
Skin o' my Teeth
Into the lungs of hell
Five Magics
Dawn Patrol
A Tout Le Monde
Poisonous shadows
Peace Sells
Tornado of souls
Train of consequences
Foreclosure of a dream
Trust
This was my life
Rust in peace
[quoted image]

HELL YES!!!

#27237 1 year ago

Re: Sonic - To me the code is what really makes that project special. Lot to live up to if Stern indeed has the license, but they've also got some damn solid programmers over there.

#27238 1 year ago

Alright Gary’s just trolling us now…

87994EA2-FBC3-475A-9782-4887468B66AA (resized).png87994EA2-FBC3-475A-9782-4887468B66AA (resized).png
#27239 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

Pokemon + Insider connected would be a stern revenue juggernaut.

#27240 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pokemon + Insider connected would be an stern revenue juggernaut.

Unlike pinball has ever seen IMO.

#27241 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

The older they both get, the more Gary Stern starts to look like Ric Flair.

#27242 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unlike pinball has ever seen IMO.

If they could collab with Niantic to get the machines set up as Pokestops...

#27243 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Venom please stern.
And get Elwin on sonic not Jack.

I feel like it could be Jack, on stream the other day he was talking about comparing his design to another one and saying stuff like this is better on mine but this is better here but I tweaked this and it’s better.

He could have been comparing to any machine of course but makes if he was comparing to a theme already done.

#27244 1 year ago

Oh man we need a Slayer pin !

Trickery at its best, lol
SLAYER - LIVE PERFORMANCE - 64th GRAMMY AWARDS 2022

Epic track kicks in at 3 min mark \m/

#27245 1 year ago

#27246 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man we need a Slayer pin !
Trickery at its best, lol
SLAYER - LIVE PERFORMANCE - 64th GRAMMY AWARDS 2022
Epic track kicks in at 3 min mark \m/

My favorite parts include when Arraya announces
“War Ensamble” but then they play “Angel of Death” and also bringing Jeff Hanneman back from the dead for the Grammys.
Legendary!

#27247 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s my girl and I shown here on our way to whoop your monkey ass at pinball haha. Follow me on IG my young padawan

[quoted image]

I was a little disappointed when you posted a picture to find that you weren't actually a Blacula like your profile pic suggests. #falseAdvertising

blacula (resized).pngblacula (resized).png
#27248 1 year ago

My photo is actually not Blackula. It’s from the Kollywood version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ …which is completely bat shit and highly recommended.

I also love that one of the you tube comments on this video reads. “I remember watching this on acid and almost suffocating to death from laughing so hard”

I can see that.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

I was a little disappointed when you posted a picture to find that you weren't actually a Blacula like your profile pic suggests. #falseAdvertising[quoted image]

#27249 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pokemon + Insider connected would be a stern revenue juggernaut.

And then they put a card dispenser on the machine.

Kids would pump in money just to get shinies. That would be gold, man. Gold.

#27250 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My photo is actually not Blackula. It’s from the Kollywood version of Michael Jackson’s ‘Thriller’ …which is completely bat shit and highly recommended.

I also love that one of the you tube comments on this video reads. “I remember watching this on acid and almost suffocating to death from laughing so hard”
I can see that.

hahahaha, from time to time I see this clip... KOLIMARRRR... lol gets me every time. It is freaking nuts. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 91.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,013 posts in this topic. You are on page 545 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/545?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.