Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 544 of 938.
#27151 1 year ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Gi joe cartoon version could be fun

Can’t say it enough. I would be first in line to grab an LE!

#27152 1 year ago

Is there a pinball festival or function that Stern will announce their next release? Do you think it will just be a random day they will announce

#27153 1 year ago

Holy crap ! I’m just catching up in this thread and I will start making a stronger effort to not become the grumpy old man I’ll say this , I really hope Stern continues to bring modern day themes into pinball .Music is the hard one and I think this is where Danger comes in .I feel he’s going to be the bridge to crossing over to the younger crew with band pins .Movies and current series seem easier than music to me .Eddy and Borg seem pretty flexible in what’s thrown they’re way and Elwin can make any fart smell like a bouquet of flowers .Let’s not forget George but Im guessing things slowing down will lead him more into the connected project and taking it to new levels .All in all crazy times but Stern seems to have as solid a crew as ever .Good times ahead for all ages !! Now when will I get my fing Goonies !! lmao

#27154 1 year ago

No puedo decir lo suficiente. ¡Sería el primero en la fila para tomar un LE!</blockquote

hahahaha

#27155 1 year ago

Stern said the next release is in August.

Quoted from Rizmo:

Is there a pinball festival or function that Stern will announce their next release? Do you think it will just be a random day they will
announce

#27156 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Stern said the next release is in August.

Awesome thank you. I just hope what the theme is it does well, even if it doesn't appeal to me. It will just give me a chance to save up for a premium lol

#27157 1 year ago

Could you maybe elaborate on how they looked at least? Decent artwork?

Quoted from richierich85:

Guys it's a comic vemon pinball and a jaws pinball are two next titles.... I have personally seen the art package for both titles, and I am not at liberty to discuss how, who, when I was shown and my source from inside stern factory.. thanks

#27158 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Saturday Night Live has not really been decent in 20 sum years.

Yep, and the only reason to tune in to the current SNL is Kate McKinnon, and she's leaving.

#27159 1 year ago

Oh…it’s still funny.

Quoted from Rizmo:

Saturday Night Live has not really been decent in 20 sum years.

#27160 1 year ago

My bad…

#27161 1 year ago

#27162 1 year ago

Black Sabbath

Home Alone.

Sonic (but American pinball is on that one)

That will be all thanks

#27163 1 year ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

They got the homebrew guy , apparently not the licence .

#27164 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

They got the homebrew guy , apparently not the licence .

21CF9C78-64DC-4F28-9F81-4BF1B71A7AE8.gif21CF9C78-64DC-4F28-9F81-4BF1B71A7AE8.gif

#27165 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:They got the homebrew guy , apparently not the licence .

Licence was picked up by another manufacturer before AP made their announcement official.

Problem is everyone saw it coming from a mile away so stern sure did and snapped up sonic, school yard error on APs part,

#27166 1 year ago
B1941F82-E6AE-4CC5-B896-E7B9E2557159 (resized).jpegB1941F82-E6AE-4CC5-B896-E7B9E2557159 (resized).jpeg
#27167 1 year ago

Let's go with a Rage Against the Machine pin! Would be an absolute riot

Rage_Against_the_Machine_-_Evil_Empire (resized).pngRage_Against_the_Machine_-_Evil_Empire (resized).png
#27168 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Let's go with a Rage Against the Machine pin! Would be an absolute riot[quoted image]

BULLS ON PARADE Multiball

#27169 1 year ago
Quoted from Thefuge:

Black Sabbath
Home Alone.
That will be all thanks

I just herd another company got the Sonic IP. They were talking about that in the podcast very briefly. It should be interesting to see what American will pop out next

#27170 1 year ago

Stern Venom? Hope its comic book based. Those movies are not great.

#27171 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Maybe it's the band

#27172 1 year ago

AP didn’t act fast enough and Stern got the IP out from underneath them. Just like they did to Spooky with Godzilla.

Quoted from Rizmo:

I just herd another company got the Sonic IP. They were talking about that in the podcast very briefly. It should be interesting to see what American will pop out next

#27173 1 year ago

Sooooo no one’s gonna talk about this picture of Gary and Seth Davis that dropped on the Stern social account today?

F211E712-A18D-4E4D-A704-9BB26E5F5DFC (resized).pngF211E712-A18D-4E4D-A704-9BB26E5F5DFC (resized).png
#27174 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Sooooo no one’s gonna talk about this picture of Gary and Seth Davis that dropped on the Stern social account today?
[quoted image]

Hmmm...wonder if we see a Sonic pin sooner than expected. This is awesome! A Sonic pin would essentially be impossible for me to resist.

#27175 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Hmmm...wonder if we see a Sonic pin sooner than expected. This is awesome! A Sonic pin would essentially be impossible for me to resist.

Man the more I think about this, the more excited I get. We are finally getting a Sonic pin!

#27176 1 year ago

That’s a dig at American Pinball surely..

#27177 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So @crujones4life, if you had to choose between BTTF and Sonic, which would you choose?

#27178 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

So crujones4life, if you had to choose between BTTF and Sonic, which would you choose?

Screenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220519-110821_Instagram (resized).jpg
#27179 1 year ago

Sonic would change my buying plans for the year. Also would line up with delaying from early '22 (when the movie came out)

#27180 1 year ago

They are just rubbing it in APs face. They’ll never make the game.

Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

#27181 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

AP didn’t act fast enough and Stern got the IP out from underneath them. Just like they did to Spooky with Godzilla.

It was a dick move, but after seeing what happened to Halloween/Ultraman, Godzilla ended up in the right place.

#27182 1 year ago

What happened was….Halloween is a rad game.

Quoted from PinMonk:

It was a dick move, but after seeing what happened to Halloween/Ultraman, Godzilla ended up in the right place.

#27183 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What happened was….Halloween is a rad game.

okaaaay_okay.gifokaaaay_okay.gif

It may be ok someday with the new art (supposedly coming) and better software (?), but I don't see how they get around the poor playfield design. Success is handicapped by that from the start.

And for fun, ask Joel what he thinks about Halloween when he's streaming for The Pinball Network or FlipnOut on Wed/Thurs nights.

#27184 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

Stern just got lucky hiring Elwin. Godzilla could of ended end up being a turd like Led Zeppelin, mandalorian, and Rush is.

#27185 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Stern just got lucky hiring Elwin. Godzilla could of ended end up being a turd like Led Zeppelin, mandalorian, and Rush is.

Pinball is not easy.

That said, be careful of your debate position. This one loses immediately because the hit-to-turd ratio at Stern is WAY better than Spooky. ALL the manufacturers have bright spots, but NONE of them are batting a thousand.

#27186 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

[quoted image]

Yea but he was smoochin ET, barely even an arm around Sonic.

Screenshot_20220525-153349 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220525-153349 (resized).png

#27187 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Gary needs to look up wisefwumyogwave

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#27188 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

[quoted image]

ET Atari 2600 the pin confirmed

#27189 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And for fun, ask Joel what he thinks about Halloween when he's streaming for The Pinball Network or FlipnOut on Wed/Thurs nights.

If you're going to name drop people dumping on HW then use Karl DeAngelo, doubt many care about Joel's opinion to be honest. Karl streamed it early on when code was bare bones so deserved criticism but code is way different now. Many are enjoying the game now and don't have a stream to influence other people's opinions.

#27190 1 year ago

Exactly. It’s a small company coding two games at once, its gonna take some time. The game shoots great and there’s only one minor design change that I would have made. Also the new code and wizard mode is RAD. Best use of a knocker in the HISTORY of pinball. And with all honesty I could give a flying F@CK what *Joel the SHILL thinks about Spooky games. I watched him on stream playing and enjoying Halloween only to go on TPN and claim “ohhhh I only looked like I was having fun because I drank too many beers”. Guy is a turd.

* not Joel, was thinking of the Buffalo pinball guy. Nick I think. Sorry Joel haha

Quoted from manadams:

If you're going to name drop people dumping on HW then use Karl DeAngelo, doubt many care about Joel's opinion to be honest. Karl streamed it early on when code was bare bones so deserved criticism but code is way different now. Many are enjoying the game now and don't have a stream to coerce other people's opinions.

#27191 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

If you're going to name drop people dumping on HW then use Karl DeAngelo, doubt many care about Joel's opinion to be honest. Karl streamed it early on when code was bare bones so deserved criticism but code is way different now. Many are enjoying the game now and don't have a stream to coerce other people's opinions.

Joel is just fun to needle about it since he pooh-beared his way into a fanboy beehive and learned that bees sting when he aired his honest Halloween opinions. I don't think Karl ever dumped on Halloween on his streams, though he had a right to with the massive amount of problems that showed up in his skilled hands on the stream I saw.

Also, you don't understand the word coerce. That involves threats or violence/force. No one I know of has coerced anyone to not like Halloween/Ultraman. The worst I've seen is people explaining why they didn't like it on streams. Like it or not, people can like what they like. If people dig the Halloween/Ultraman pin, great. But the real test of the damage Spooky did to themselves will come with their NEXT pin. They burned a lot of their massive fan goodwill with this release. Will they be able to do enough to get most of it back by the next release? I was working on Rick and Morty #1 yesterday having this exact conversation with someone.

Just being real. I like some of Spooky's pins, but I'm clear-eyed. Alice Cooper was the first one they did I almost bought NIB, and I had talked myself into getting Ultraman before I even saw it on theme alone. But then I saw it, and was like, "aw, hell naw." In general Spooky was on an upward trajectory, but hubris really caused a self-inflicted wound with H/U. I'm rooting for them to fix this, but time will tell.

#27192 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly. It’s a small company coding two games at once, its gonna take some time. The game shoots great and there’s only one minor design change that I would have made. Also the new code and wizard mode is RAD. Best use of a knocker in the HISTORY of pinball. And with all honesty I could give a flying F@CK what Joel the SHILL thinks about Spooky games. I watched him on stream playing and enjoying Halloween only to go on TPN and claim “ohhhh I only looked like I was having fun because I drank too many beers”. Guy is a turd.

I think you're talking about Nick at Buffalo pinball on that one but the point remains that the code is way better now.

#27193 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

agreed. i like the movies and all, but comic book is better for the art and vision of the machine. venom would have great potential like deadpool.

i sure hope it's not sonic. no desire to see a sonic movie or a dead video game franchise. super mario would be much better.

#27194 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Maybe it's the band

One can only hope

#27195 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Joel is just fun to needle about it since he pooh-beared his way into a fanboy beehive and learned that bees sting when he aired his honest Halloween opinions. I don't think Karl ever dumped on Halloween on his streams, though he had a right to with the massive amount of problems that showed up in his skilled hands on the stream I saw.
Also, you don't understand the word coerce. That involves threats or violence/force. No one I know of has coerced anyone to not like Halloween/Ultraman. The worst I've seen is people explaining why they didn't like it on streams. Like it or not, people can like what they like. If people dig the Halloween/Ultraman pin, great. But the real test of the damage Spooky did to themselves will come with their NEXT pin. They burned a lot of their massive fan goodwill with this release. Will they be able to do enough to get most of it back by the next release? I was working on Rick and Morty #1 yesterday having this exact conversation with someone.
Just being real. I like some of Spooky's pins, but I'm clear-eyed. Alice Cooper was the first one they did I almost bought NIB, and I had talked myself into getting Ultraman before I even saw it on theme alone. But then I saw it, and was like, "aw, hell naw." In general Spooky was on an upward trajectory, but hubris really caused a self-inflicted wound with H/U. I'm rooting for them to fix this, but time will tell.

Yes, coerced was the wrong term to use, maybe influenced by someone else's experience is a better choice.

#27196 1 year ago

The only buyers who got “burned” on these titles were flippers. F ‘em. And you’re right Karl never dumped on the game and there were no “problems” on the stream other than the fact that he got beyond where the code was at that point. Anyone watching that stream from 8 months ago and passing judgments is being foolish. There have been three code updates since then including a sub wiz and the new wiz mode. They have hired a new animation studio which will be included in a code update for UM in July and probably Aug for HWN It’s curious to me that no one has any patience when it comes to Spooky code but will sing praises to something like Stern’s RUSH or Mandalorian which were hardly a shell at launch. And talk about “layout issues”. Mando is a horrific clunk fest. Anyway, I’m getting a bit tired of people bashing the smaller companies. I think it honestly comes down to this. People want what is comfortable and relatable to them. For most people…it’s not Halloween. Personally…I like weird shit…and horror films. So…the game is for me. Upper playfields? No prob…one of my favorite games is TSPP. This feels very similar to me.

Quoted from PinMonk:

#27197 1 year ago

K's FB page.

Screenshot_20220525-214451_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220525-214451_Chrome (resized).jpg
#27198 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Facts . 100%

#27199 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Exactly. It’s a small company coding two games at once, its gonna take some time. The game shoots great and there’s only one minor design change that I would have made. Also the new code and wizard mode is RAD. Best use of a knocker in the HISTORY of pinball. And with all honesty I could give a flying F@CK what Joel the SHILL thinks about Spooky games. I watched him on stream playing and enjoying Halloween only to go on TPN and claim “ohhhh I only looked like I was having fun because I drank too many beers”. Guy is a turd.

So do 1 game properly. Problem solved.

#27200 1 year ago

Heyyyy aren’t you the flipper who got burnt on BOTH games because you weren’t patient enough to wait out code dev… then had a series of meltdowns about it in the owners forum? (honest question, can’t remember if it was you or not)

Quoted from frankmac:

So do 1 game properly. Problem solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

13,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Wanted
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,874 posts in this topic. You are on page 544 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/544?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.