Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 543 of 938.
#27101 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Guys it's a comic vemon pinball and a jaws pinball are two next titles.... I have personally seen the art package for both titles, and I am not at liberty to discuss how, who, when I was shown and my source from inside stern factory.. thanks

I'll file this one under more unsubstantiated rumors but for discussions sake, lets say Venom is the next title. How many would be interested? I know I would be out.

#27102 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'll file this one under more unsubstantiated rumors but for discussions sake, lets say Venom is the next title. How many would be interested? I know I would be out.

I’m biased bc Maximum carnage was one of my favorite SNES games…but I’d be in on a comic version…they have a lot to work with and i think it could be really interesting. Like you have multiple ways to reach Wizard modes based on which symbiote you choose to play with.

The theme appeals to me more than Jaws or Bond would, but I’m also not tired of the comic themes

#27103 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Definitely out, only because my wallet needs a break after Rush and Godzilla. Need to save for something good like James Bond, Ozzy/Black Sabbath

#27104 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:How many would be interested? I know I would be out.

How many people bought Godzilla because they were such huge kaiju fans? Maybe half? As with all pins it depends on the layout. If it doesn't play well (*ehem* LZ) then it doesn't matter how much I like the theme.

#27105 1 year ago

just hope it's an Elwin release to take some pressure off the Godzilla market but my hype sits:

------Day One LE-----
1) BTTF
------Premium Day One
2) Jaws
------Wait For Impressions-----
3) Bond
------Prob Skip-----
4) Venom

#27106 1 year ago

For me it’s BTTF or bust. Might consider a Bond pin but if it’s not one of those two I’ve probably bought my last Stern game.

#27107 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'd be out, but would hope others enjoy it. Same thing with Jaws. Neither one is really appealing as a theme for me.
HP = Yes!
TS = No! (yeah I know: JJP)
BTTF = Yes!
Godfather = No! (yeah I know: JJP)
Vault of something good = Yes!
Bond = No!
Whatever remake is after Cactus Canyon = Yes! (yeah I know: CGC)
Elvira's Whatever Fill in the Blank = Yes! Yes!

It'll be nice to see 2023 with different titles than we've had this year. Pretty lackluster if you ask me.

#27108 1 year ago

Venom big no. Pass on Jaws. I'm waiting for James Bond, harry potter could be cool too. I don't know about back to the future but keeping an open mind.

#27109 1 year ago

Not paying $15k (CAD)
For a huge picture of Daniel Radcliffe in wizard cosplay. Couldn’t stand having that smug mug plastered all over a cabin & PF & repeating videos.

HP: nope. Pass.

But,
HP IS going to be flippers’ paradise.
And I will be here pulling up a chair with my popcorn to watch the fireworks lol.

#27110 1 year ago

I am really warming up to the idea of a Jaws pin.

#27111 1 year ago

I went and looked back at the Stern line up. They’ve had an NFL and NBA pin but I noticed no MLB pin. I could see that happening at some point. Sticking with sports, maybe a UFC or PGA pin would be fun themes.

#27112 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

I went and looked back at the Stern line up. They’ve had an NFL and NBA pin but I noticed no MLB pin. I could see that happening at some point. Sticking with sports, maybe a UFC or PGA pin would be fun themes.

I respectfully doubt either of those will happen. Baseball won't appeal to the international market and PGA's audience doesn't cover a broad enough range of demographics.

#27113 1 year ago
Quoted from Walk:

If a MLB game ever got made, it would be a cool to have a pitch and bat style pitcher mechanism and a Pitch and Bat challenge mode included.

#27114 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Fingers crossed for an eventual THE MISFITS pin!!!

I wouldn't have a problem with this.....but my off the wall pick goes to an Ozzy Osbourne pin from Stern. I'm not a diehard Ozzy fan, but everything I've heard over the years, I like.

#27115 1 year ago
Quoted from oldbaby:

I respectfully doubt either of those will happen. Baseball won't appeal to the international market and PGA's audience doesn't cover a broad enough range of demographics.

Neither did the NFL and we got 32 versions of that one.

#27116 1 year ago

What do we think about a HE-Man Pin????

#27117 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

What do we think about a HE-Man Pin????

probably not a good theme, too childish? but if executed right it could work. I'd buy one.

#27118 1 year ago

He-man / Masters of the Universe could absolutely be done amazingly. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain need to be on the playfield. Snake Mountain as a big bash toy in the middle. Grayskull in the top left, positioned so that a full plunge will cross the playfield and enter its mouth; you start modes and lock balls here, and can pick one of those at ball start like STTNG. There's also a ramp at the far left leading up to Grayskull's parapet, representing the Sorceress in her throne room. Between Grayskull and Snake Mountain is a saucer or scoop, to transform Adam into He-man for 2x scoring; an Adam figure rotates out of view to be replaced by He-man. Other shots can be the other heroes, collect them for wizard modes like Avengers. It could have character selection like Star Wars and TMNT - play as Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, or Orko. Dear god somebody make this and take my money!

#27119 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

He-man / Masters of the Universe could absolutely be done amazingly. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain need to be on the playfield. Snake Mountain as a big bash toy in the middle. Grayskull in the top left, positioned so that a full plunge will cross the playfield and enter its mouth; you start modes and lock balls here, and can pick one of those at ball start like STTNG. There's also a ramp at the far left leading up to Grayskull's parapet, representing the Sorceress in her throne room. Between Grayskull and Snake Mountain is a saucer or scoop, to transform Adam into He-man for 2x scoring; an Adam figure rotates out of view to be replaced by He-man. Other shots can be the other heroes, collect them for wizard modes like Avengers. It could have character selection like Star Wars and TMNT - play as Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, or Orko. Dear god somebody make this and take my money!

Somebody know his He-man and has been dreaming about this for awhile! Nice.

#27120 1 year ago

Thoughts of seeing on upper playfield again or a lower for Jaws?

#27121 1 year ago

That would make a very fun game!Great ideas for sure!

Quoted from vikingerik:He-man / Masters of the Universe could absolutely be done amazingly. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain need to be on the playfield. Snake Mountain as a big bash toy in the middle. Grayskull in the top left, positioned so that a full plunge will cross the playfield and enter its mouth; you start modes and lock balls here, and can pick one of those at ball start like STTNG. There's also a ramp at the far left leading up to Grayskull's parapet, representing the Sorceress in her throne room. Between Grayskull and Snake Mountain is a saucer or scoop, to transform Adam into He-man for 2x scoring; an Adam figure rotates out of view to be replaced by He-man. Other shots can be the other heroes, collect them for wizard modes like Avengers. It could have character selection like Star Wars and TMNT - play as Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, or Orko. Dear god somebody make this and take my money!

#27122 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My immediate thought is the boat "Orca" as an upper playfield, not unlike what's on Pirates of the Caribbean.

I hope we do see a Jaws pin. Not to date myself, but my very first job was as an usher at my local cinema house when Jaws came out. No exaggeration, I've probably seen the movie 100 times, at the very least. It's almost a part of my DNA.

#27123 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Only if this is the wizard mode

#27124 1 year ago

For Jaws:

is the ball hunting the shark? or is the ball the shark?

#27125 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I send that exact video to one of my good friends on a regular basis just to annoy him. I love it. If they made a game that included that clip I would probably buy it to stick in his brewery as a form of torture

#27126 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I wouldn't have a problem with this.....but my off the wall pick goes to an Ozzy Osbourne pin from Stern. I'm not a diehard Ozzy fan, but everything I've heard over the years, I like.

With all the merchandising and monitizing of the Crimson Ghost they’ve done over the years along with all the other IP they own I’m kind of surprised it hasn’t been done!! Jerry is the Gene Simmons of Punk… I mean that in a good way.
Jerry is awesome!!

#27127 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I think there would be some good "theatrics" to lean on for artwork and game features. If they could get Black Sabbath in there as well, I'd be all in. I think they'd be best off NOT making it a concert or band game but leaning into the song and album theming and then building a game around what works.

#27128 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:He-man / Masters of the Universe could absolutely be done amazingly. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain need to be on the playfield. Snake Mountain as a big bash toy in the middle. Grayskull in the top left, positioned so that a full plunge will cross the playfield and enter its mouth; you start modes and lock balls here, and can pick one of those at ball start like STTNG. There's also a ramp at the far left leading up to Grayskull's parapet, representing the Sorceress in her throne room. Between Grayskull and Snake Mountain is a saucer or scoop, to transform Adam into He-man for 2x scoring; an Adam figure rotates out of view to be replaced by He-man. Other shots can be the other heroes, collect them for wizard modes like Avengers. It could have character selection like Star Wars and TMNT - play as Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, or Orko. Dear god somebody make this and take my money!

He-Man would be amazing! Or dark souls!

#27129 1 year ago

I have no doubt that whatever the next Stern Pinball is its gonna be awesome.

The release delays due backorders will allow designers and coders some more time to polish their release.

I haven't seen much speculation on who's next up ?

My assumptions of order

Eddy
Kaminkow and Gomez ?
Elwin
Borg

Im unsure who would team up with JK ?

Has there been any announcement of new designers and am I missing anyone ?

Im lost on what titles, anyone care to fill in the blanks ?

#27130 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have no doubt that whatever the next Stern Pinball is its gonna be awesome.
The release delays due backorders will allow designers and coders some more time to polish their release.
I haven't seen much speculation on who's next up ?
My assumptions of order
Eddy
Kaminkow and Gomez ?
Elwin
Borg
Im unsure who would team up with JK ?
Has there been any announcement of new designers and am I missing anyone ?
Im lost on what titles, anyone care to fill in the blanks ?

New kid on the block is Jack Danger, his first pin was Jp the pin or home edition I think.

#27131 1 year ago

Why not a little of both?

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

#27132 1 year ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

Why not a little of both?

Sterns BOM would like a word…

#27133 1 year ago

I said "a little"

Quoted from CashMoney:

Sterns BOM would like a word…

#27134 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

New kid on the block is Jack Danger, his first pin was Jp the pin or home edition I think.

Ah, cool of course.
He did a great job with JP home.

So is it confirmed Danger will get a cornerstone title ?
Lucky he's a big guy big boots to fill and great expectations if he has a cornerstone on the cards.

#27135 1 year ago

There is a lot to be optimistic about with Stern Pinball

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugene_Jarvis

#27136 1 year ago

Venom would be a harder pass for me than a Spawn themed pin and that's saying something.

I know the show has been more miss than hit the last several years but I wouldn't mind seeing a Saturday Night Live pin. I've seen a few mentions of Blues Brothers in here, which isn't too far off.

#27137 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I know the show has been more miss than hit the last several years but I wouldn't mind seeing a Saturday Night Live pin. I've seen a few mentions of Blues Brothers in here, which isn't too far off.

Holy shit that still comes on?

#27138 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

Venom would be a harder pass for me than a Spawn themed pin and that's saying something.

Saturday Night Live has not really been decent in 20 sum years.

#27139 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I totally hear you there. I only watch the "Weekend Update" portion of the show anymore, to be fair.

#27140 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Thank God for drugs.

#27141 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It's up and down, but there's some great stuff in that 20 year period. For every awful Kyle Mooney there's a versatile Kate McKinnon. And they've hired the Please Don't Destroy guys who have a very The Lonely Island feel to their digital shorts.

Lazy Sunday was 8 years ago:

Dick in a Box was 13 years ago (and won an Emmy):

Sumpin' Claus 8 years ago:

Magical Mysteries was 9 years ago and is a spot on ICP parody that they could only make slightly dumber than the real song with a lot of effort:

They did a bunch of extreme festival parodies (ass dan kept dying in them). This one was from 9 years ago:

When the show was locked down at the beginning of the pandemic and cast were creating content at home, there was some really great work. Pete Davidson did this one in 2020:

Please don't destroy came in strong with their Hard Seltzer/branding parody last year:

Toto washlet has nothing on this toilet. This one was from a few weeks ago. Benedict Cumberbatch was EXTREMELY game to do this one:

Even some of their cut for time shorts that don't air are pretty good. This was from last night:

Basically if you get 2-3 good skits/digital shorts plus a good weekend update, it's a good show. It's been that way forever (even in the "good days" way back). It's rare to get a show with zero good skits and a bad weekend update. Just DVR the show and get the good stuff within 10-15 minutes and move on.

#27142 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Love Jarvis’s games since I was a kid. Still do.

#27143 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's up and down, but there's some great stuff in that 20 year period. For every awful Kyle Mooney there's a versatile Kate McKinnon. And they've hired the Please Don't Destroy guys who have a very lonely island feel to their digital shorts.
Lazy Sunday was 8 years ago:
Dick in a Box was 13 years ago (and won an Emmy):
Sumpin' Claus 8 years ago:
When the show was locked down at the beginning of the pandemic and cast were creating content at home, there was some really great work. Pete Davidson did this one in 2020:
Please don't destroy came in strong with their Hard Seltzer/branding parody last year:
Basically if you get 2-3 good skits/digital shorts plus a good weekend update, it's a good show. It's been that way forever (even in the "good days" way back). It's rare to get a show with zero good skits and a bad weekend update.

Don’t forget these gems

#27144 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Don’t forget these gems

There's at least 10 clips per season that stand out, so in 20 years, that's 200 clips - a 6 hour "best of" boxed set. I just pulled some I remembered as being standouts that were definitely in that 20 year period they said had nothing good, but there are dozens at least that could be posted and not scratch the surface. The Sumpin' Claus one is when I realized that Cicely Strong is hot as a blonde. It's also a catchy song.

#27145 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Is he working with Stern now? He made great games early in his career, but Raw Thrills is meh.

#27146 1 year ago

This was one of the best in a while:

But they were amazing back in the day:

https://vimeo.com/4760357

#27147 1 year ago

SNL hasn't been funny since your senior year of high school </s>

(it has ebbs and flows but considering the runtime, has been consistently great, IMO it's just not for YOU anymore)

#27148 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

SNL hasn't been funny since your senior year of high school </s>
(it has ebbs and flows but considering the runtime, has been consistently great, IMO it's just not for YOU anymore)

So true. My SNL glory years are 93-00. Middle and High School. I’d say the first few years of college it still connects but after that it’s spotty.

#27149 1 year ago

HE-MAN OR GI JOE.....LOVE!!!!!

#27150 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

HE-MAN OR GI JOE.....LOVE!!!!!

Gi joe cartoon version could be fun

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 543 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/543 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.