IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 940.
#27051 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Boomers know best!

I am Gen X so I get to sit back and watch the miilineals and boomers point fingers and blame each other for the countries problems and issues.

#27052 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think a Mario pin would sell very well

I am in my 30's, I have no desire for a Harry Potter pinball. I would rather have a BTTF pinball hands down.

I agree with others that said you are likely a minority in regard to Harry Potter. Plus, I'm thinking not a lot of 30 year olds are buying NIB machines anyway. This theme would also have most people's kids be excited.

#27053 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I agree with others that said you are likely a minority in regard to Harry Potter. Plus, I'm thinking not a lot of 30 year olds are buying NIB machines anyway. This theme would also have most people's kids be excited.

Am in my 30s. Buy NIB pinball machines. Wife has requested that if they ever make a Harry Potter pin we buy it. She doesn't play pinball. Kids are 5, 8, and 10. They are being read the Harry Potter books nightly (in book 5 now).

I fully understand the theme is not for everyone. Just as some people jumped up and down in joy for Rush, some people couldn't care less (me). Having a wide variety of themes seems to be a good strategy for Stern. TMNT seems to have sold well, and that is only 10 years off generation wise from Harry Potter.

#27054 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you are saying Stern is selling a lot of band and 80's themed pins to the under 30 demographic because they are playing Metallica, Iron Maiden, RUSH, etc at sporting events, etc? Sorry, I can't recall the last time I heard sings from most of the afore mentioned bands anywhere but classic rock radio stations.

You must really not go to any sporting events at all, because Metallica and Rush are mainstays. I'm not saying that's enough to sell people on a pinball machine, but the music from those bands (outside of Iron Maiden) is still everywhere.

I would wager that it's that age bracket that's buying a lot of the Deadpool/Avengers/etc though, as those characters and their major appeal was very much for an under 40 age bracket right now. Deadpool was a character almost no one was even aware of until the late '90s and 2000s, and Infinity War was a '90s comic arc.

I'm only 36 years old and I'm certainly having no issue buying these, and all of my friends who both buy machines for home and support them on location are around my age or honestly younger.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Am in my 30s. Buy NIB pinball machines. Wife has requested that if they ever make a Harry Potter pin we buy it. She doesn't play pinball. Kids are 5, 8, and 10. They are being read the Harry Potter books nightly (in book 5 now).
I fully understand the theme is not for everyone. Just as some people jumped up and down in joy for Rush, some people couldn't care less (me). Having a wide variety of themes seems to be a good strategy for Stern. TMNT seems to have sold well, and that is only 10 years off generation wise from Harry Potter.

Anyone who doesn't think that a Harry Potter pin would do gangbusters in sales is very out of touch. It's a franchise people plan their entire vacation around and spend thousands of dollars just to go on a trip for a few days and immerse themselves in Hogwarts, and you can rest assured that those same people in many cases would make this their first and only pinball machine.

It would be a lot like how KISS fans have a KISS pinball machine and no other machines. These fans have that level of dedication.

I myself would not buy one at this point because I don't want to give JK Rowling anymore support based on her troubling stances, but that's simply a personal decision my wife and I have made and we realize the franchise is still one of the biggest in the world.

#27055 1 year ago

#27056 1 year ago

If a Harry Potter pin was ever made id love to see JJP make it. There is so much content and neat things they could do with it. Stern is my fav but their pins don’t have the long plays and makes you feel like your part of the story like JJp

#27057 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I’m over sequels to movies that came out almost 40 years ago.

Well, you could go watch Firestarter . . . again.

#27058 1 year ago

‘Scuse me…what I meant to say was “my boyfriend bob the bottom aka beetlebottom beelzeboob

#27059 1 year ago

Tho not a boomer myself
My spirit animal is a boomer

Quoted from Zartan:

Boomers know best!

C0274A59-29D3-443A-96EB-4CDA68C47A81 (resized).jpegC0274A59-29D3-443A-96EB-4CDA68C47A81 (resized).jpeg
#27060 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

You must really not go to any sporting events at all, because Metallica and Rush are mainstays. I'm not saying that's enough to sell people on a pinball machine, but the music from those bands (outside of Iron Maiden) is still everywhere.
I would wager that it's that age bracket that's buying a lot of the Deadpool/Avengers/etc though, as those characters and their major appeal was very much for an under 40 age bracket right now. Deadpool was a character almost no one was even aware of until the late '90s and 2000s, and Infinity War was a '90s comic arc.
I'm only 36 years old and I'm certainly having no issue buying these, and all of my friends who both buy machines for home and support them on location are around my age or honestly younger.

Anyone who doesn't think that a Harry Potter pin would do gangbusters in sales is very out of touch. It's a franchise people plan their entire vacation around and spend thousands of dollars just to go on a trip for a few days and immerse themselves in Hogwarts, and you can rest assured that those same people in many cases would make this their first and only pinball machine.
It would be a lot like how KISS fans have a KISS pinball machine and no other machines. These fans have that level of dedication.
I myself would not buy one at this point because I don't want to give JK Rowling anymore support based on her troubling stances, but that's simply a personal decision my wife and I have made and we realize the franchise is still one of the biggest in the world.

You are 36. He said 30 and under wouldn't generally be interested in watching Top Gun.

I would honestly be interested to know Stern's buyer demographics. My guess is mostly 35+ skewing more 40+ but we'll never know for sure. would also be interesed in knowing if any here active in this forum that have purchased one or more NIB pinball machines are under 30?... I'm sure there are a few but my guess is not many.

#27061 1 year ago

Ugh, I told myself several times to not get involved in this discussion, but I just can't...

You guys are looking at demographics incorrectly thinking it's about age, but when I go to the different local arcades and look at people playing pinball it is all ages. In fact, it's mostly under 30.

The demographic for *purchasing* a pinball machine is based likely on net worth because they'll need space to put it in and for most renters this isn't realistic.

edited to add: the renter-net worth ratio is different today than it was in the past because owning a home to younger generations isn't as important and/or is limiting if you live in a big city. I added this because I accidentally made it sound like all young people are poor (or house-poor) and I meant to say they are just space restricted.

#27062 1 year ago

Z

#27063 1 year ago

That’s awesome!

#27064 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You are 36. He said 30 and under wouldn't generally be interested in watching Top Gun.
I would honestly be interested to know Stern's buyer demographics. My guess is mostly 35+ skewing more 40+ but we'll never know for sure. would also be interesed in knowing if any here active in this forum that have purchased one or more NIB pinball machines are under 30?... I'm sure there are a few but my guess is not many.

I was replying specifically to the claim that that music doesn't play everywhere, because in fact songs like YYZ and enter sandman are constantly played at sporting events. You'd be hard-pressed to go to a football or hockey game and not hear those songs.

#27065 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

I was replying specifically to the claim that that music doesn't play everywhere, because in fact songs like YYZ and enter sandman are constantly played at sporting events. You'd be hard-pressed to go to a football or hockey game and not hear those songs.

I admittedly don't attend hockey games and the pro baskerball and college events I do attend don't play them. Doesn't mean they don't elsewhere, just not in my neck of the woods.

That aside, I still don't think Sterns rock pins have broad appeal to a younger demographic which is my original point. My guess is most buyers of those pins likely skew 40+. If Stern wanted to target the 35 and under group with music pins, they'd likely be selecting other licences and groups IMO.

#27066 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I admittedly don't attend hockey games and the pro baskerball and college events I do attend don't play them. Doesn't mean they don't elsewhere, just not in my neck of the woods.
That aside, I still don't think Sterns rock pins have broad appeal to a younger demographic which is my original point. My guess is most buyers of those pins likely skew 40+. If Stern wanted to target the 35 and under group with music pins, they'd likely be selecting other licences and groups IMO.

This i agree with 100%. They aren't the group for those at all.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27067 1 year ago

Dude. What the hell is going on in here? Can we get back to talk of Venom (or Cobra Kai), Bond (or not), BTTF (for sure)...anyone have any new info they believe to be solid or even just rumors regarding these titles?

back_to_the_future (resized).jpgback_to_the_future (resized).jpg
#27068 1 year ago

I see some of you want a pin based on a Robert Zemeckis film with a time-traveling car and a classic rock music soundtrack.
Stern has listened to your requests and has been working on it: Welcome to Marwen with music to include Addicted to Love.
time travel (resized).jpgtime travel (resized).jpg
Addicted to Love scene (resized).jpgAddicted to Love scene (resized).jpg

#27069 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Dude. What the hell is going on in here? Can we get back to talk of Venom (or Cobra Kai),

Actually I think Venom being code for Harry Potter makes more sense since Voldemort is from house Slytherin (house of the snake).

#27070 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Can we get back to talk of Venom (or Cobra Kai)

Here's hoping it's Cobra Kai (my dream theme) and not Harry Potter (Venom could easily be that codename).

I do wonder if with licensing they could include the original Karate Kid stuff. Would really be sad if not.

#27071 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I’m over sequels to movies that came out almost 40 years ago. Everyone of them has been a massive letdown.

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard the newest Ghostbusters is awesome. I secretly wish they would release a Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones pin fully using the latest Stern hardware, but I know that will never happen.

#27072 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Welcome to Marwen with music to include Addicted to Love.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

A Marwen Pin would totally rock! Loved that movie, based on a true story.

#27073 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just stirring , your right .
Just used techno as a term most pinsiders would be familiar with , as compared to acid house , French House , progressive house , Electro , funk and all the other categories you could list .

Yeah all good man, in that context, too true man -if it’s not a Rock theme WTH is it duuude . Now you’re talking my lingo.

#27074 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard the newest Ghostbusters is awesome. I secretly wish they would release a Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones pin fully using the latest Stern hardware, but I know that will never happen.

Yes! An updated Indiana Jones pin would be great now. Good artwork and assets from the movies.

#27075 1 year ago

I caught it. It wasn't for me.

A new Indy pin would be cool. But i think 'd like to see JJp take a swing at it this time. Their layouts and toys would work really well with the Indy Mythos. Have a rope bridge from Temple of Doom be the multi balll save when multi ball starts Indy cuts the rope. Be so cool. Just keep it Orignal trilogy. No Shoof LaBoof or the chick from Fleabottom.

Indiana-Jones-and-the-Temple-of-Doom-John-Williams-score (resized).jpgIndiana-Jones-and-the-Temple-of-Doom-John-Williams-score (resized).jpg
#27076 1 year ago

I secretly wish they would release a Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones pin fully using the latest Stern hardware, but I know that will never happen.

Man... their dot work was 1000x better than their embarrassing PC CD-ROM motion graphics on LCD. Thank God those titles were still DMD.

#27077 1 year ago

Maybe I’m just getting old and cranky, but I really miss the days of you don’t know the next title until one of 4 things occurs:

1) you’re told by your distributor/you see it in their show room

2) you see it at a trade show

3) you see it in Replay or Play Meter magazine

4) you see it on the street in the wild.

All y’all are getting overhyped and putting way too much time into speculation. It’s just pinball. This too shall pass. It’s not life (and I say this as a fella whose livelihood is based on coin drop).

#27078 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

It’s just pinball. This too shall pass. It’s not life

BLASPHEMY!!

#27079 1 year ago

Bond…… James Bond

#27080 1 year ago

For the next Stern Pinball i would love to see:

RUSH pinball machine RE THEMED with something nice. The flow on the game is amazing, the ramps too, but those call outs, and those videos of concert... damn.... When i play a pinball game i don't want to see images of concert, i want to see nice things, action, but not a guy playing guitar...
very sad.
And am a Rush fan.

#27081 1 year ago

Totally hoping its JJP's toy story vs Stern's H Plopper that way I can throw my money at Spooky for a potential Evil Dead release.

#27082 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

RUSH pinball machine RE THEMED with something nice. The flow on the game is amazing, the ramps too, but those call outs, and those videos of concert... damn.... When i play a pinball game i don't want to see images of concert, i want to see nice things, action, but not a guy playing guitar...
very sad.
And am a Rush fan.

Isn't Rush effectively a re-theme of X-Men? I mean, the Rush scoop is in the captive ball shot, and the instrument drops are where the X-Men scoop is, but otherwise it is fairly identical.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#27083 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

sn't Rush effectively a re-theme of X-Men? I mean, the Rush scoop is in the captive ball shot, and the instrument drops are where the X-Men scoop is, but otherwise it is fairly identical.

No. The rules are different and it doesn't shoot the same. Maybe some similarities in layout but calling it a re-theme is a real stretch.

#27084 1 year ago

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly. I just hope they don’t double release Evil Dead / Scooby Doo with the same layout cause I’ll have a serious dilemma on my hands as an operator aaaand I definitely ain’t buying both. Scooby Doo would rain buckets of coin but I’m a huuuge Evil Dead fan.

Quoted from digitaldocc:

Totally hoping its JJP's toy story vs Stern's H Plopper that way I can throw my money at Spooky for a potential Evil Dead release.

#27085 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

very sad.
And am a Rush fan.

Agreed. Great table, but the theme just didn't do it for me at all.

#27086 1 year ago
Quoted from Biju:

Isn't Rush effectively a re-theme of X-Men? I mean, the Rush scoop is in the captive ball shot, and the instrument drops are where the X-Men scoop is, but otherwise it is fairly identical.

never played X-man, am going to try to find one to play. Am not big fan of marverl, but it's an acceptable theme for me

edit:
Am watching a video, seems a bit similar in some aspects, but already the fact that the ramps are in plastic changes everything, it's quite less appealing compared to the table of Rush. Still i will give it a try if one day i find one to play.

#27087 1 year ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:Stern made a Rush pinball machine. The sky's the limit now!

Fingers crossed for an eventual THE MISFITS pin!!!

#27088 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Fingers crossed for an eventual THE MISFITS pin!!!

FB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpg
#27089 1 year ago

I'd take a look at a HP pin for sure. If they did a Muppets pin, my wife might beat me to ordering one! that would be such a fantastic theme!
And, yes, the newest Ghostbusters movie was fantastic!

#27090 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

All y’all are getting overhyped and putting way too much time into speculation. It’s just pinball. This too shall pass. It’s not life (and I say this as a fella whose livelihood is based on coin drop).

Yet here you are in a speculation thread? You’re like the vegetarian that hangs out in the meat market shaking her head.

#27091 1 year ago

Looking at other pop culture merch for sale gives me pin ideas. You see Godzilla stuff all over and that one worked well for Stern. Now time for King Kong, Frankenstein, Dracula, and maybe The Mummy? My wife loves The Mummy movie-may be a little dated but a good franchise. Classic Mummy would be interesting as well.

Love the Scarab Beetles scenes...

#27092 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

The Blues Brothers would make a truly epic game. Call outs. Music. Endless possibilities for modes.

Speak of the devil , look what's on TV .
My favourite movie and ultimate dream theme pin .
When I was a kid , a friend of the family was a projectionist at the local drive-in , he took the movie home and that's where I first got to see it . Loved it ever since .
It's made for pinball .
Get the band back together , escape the Nazis , the good ole boys , Elwood's fiance , the cops .
Bob's country bunker as a physical ball lock and a ramp / Bridge that lifts up , to get you to the upper playfield , which is the mall , where you hit switches for maximum damage .

IMG20220519225656 (resized).jpgIMG20220519225656 (resized).jpgIMG_20220519_222452 (resized).jpgIMG_20220519_222452 (resized).jpg
#27093 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ding ding ding! My thoughts exactly. I just hope they don’t double release Evil Dead / Scooby Doo with the same layout cause I’ll have a serious dilemma on my hands as an operator aaaand I definitely ain’t buying both. Scooby Doo would rain buckets of coin but I’m a huuuge Evil Dead fan.

Zoiks! I don't envy your choice if it's a double layout release.

#27094 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If a Harry Potter pin was ever made id love to see JJP make it. There is so much content and neat things they could do with it. Stern is my fav but their pins don’t have the long plays and makes you feel like your part of the story like JJp

Man do i hate to agree with that but i mean look what they did with guns’n roses or Willy wonky and even wizard of oz. imagine what they could do with a theme like Harry Potter!

#27095 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Man do i hate to agree with that but i mean look what they did with guns’n roses or Willy wonky and even wizard of oz. imagine what they could do with a theme like Harry Potter!

Plus we all know what kapow did with Beatles and that would be a nightmare if they did that with Harry Potter…

#27096 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

Yet here you are in a speculation thread? You’re like the vegetarian that hangs out in the meat market shaking her head.

No. I’m not denying I sometimes enjoy the speculation and guessing game, I’m emphasizing that this thread has taken it way to far. No one seems to be patient anymore. Everyone has to know before the title is announced so they can get in line to order it. Pinball has changed in the past decade and I don’t know that it’s for the better. Remember, it’s just a game.

#27097 1 year ago

Guys it's a comic vemon pinball and a jaws pinball are two next titles.... I have personally seen the art package for both titles, and I am not at liberty to discuss how, who, when I was shown and my source from inside stern factory.. thanks

#27098 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

Guys it's a comic vemon pinball and a jaws pinball are two next titles.... I have personally seen the art package for both titles, and I am not at liberty to discuss how, who, when I was shown and my source from inside stern factory.. thanks

Who told you??? Who showed you?? When did you see this? How did you get this insider access??

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Now if they tell you which one was in Aug.....

#27099 1 year ago

How’s Venom look?

#27100 1 year ago

Full of bologna.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 542 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/542?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.