Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 541 of 937.
#27001 1 year ago

Thank you for that. It WAS meant to be funny. HP is a huge license and surly would do amazing. I would likely HAVE to buy one for location even though Im not a fan and I’m comfortable with that. Really I just wanted to say “Hairy Plopper”. Thank you for coming to my sped talk.

Quoted from atum:

I will take offense to that on every level possible. But still give you an up vote for creativity and freedom of speech!

#27002 1 year ago

The Boys is hilariously dark and brutal would love a pin, killing Supes instead of playing as a superhero would be a nice change of pace.

Get Karl Urban to do custom call outs and it would be a riot!

A28BEBAA-5864-45F6-A870-899D3B910870.gifA28BEBAA-5864-45F6-A870-899D3B910870.gifD639685C-A09E-4489-B00C-47BF864C4AC3.gifD639685C-A09E-4489-B00C-47BF864C4AC3.gifE6768C76-58A3-4B90-9066-E974F7D6FCCD.gifE6768C76-58A3-4B90-9066-E974F7D6FCCD.gif
#27003 1 year ago

Alice in wonderland would be cool

#27004 1 year ago

A couple more classic Billy butcher lines, a boys pin would have the best call outs in pinball history!

5CCB4177-D089-4206-A375-7C8C5707A74F.gif5CCB4177-D089-4206-A375-7C8C5707A74F.gif6091DCB3-E5F5-49F3-A240-5ECF34839096.gif6091DCB3-E5F5-49F3-A240-5ECF34839096.gif
#27005 1 year ago

Someone should make an AIW pin, if only to make JPOP cry tears into his Starbucks latte as he waits in Robert's basement for him to come back from a day of trial to feed him.

#27006 1 year ago

Speaking of The Boys, the next season will be dropping soon here in the U.S. I believe I saw early June.

#27007 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Speaking of The Boys, the next season will be dropping soon here in the U.S. I believe I saw early June.

June 3rd. The first two seasons would be plenty of material for a pin but why not add in season 3, looks like there will be some great scenes in the new series and more classy one liners

#27008 1 year ago

Please tell us how you honestly feel! Lol

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

#27009 1 year ago

Muppets is a total dream pin for me. Every time I watch an old episode I see clips that should be used for the video part. The guest host be the mini game, Gotta have Paul Williams doing Old Fashioned Love Song and Alice doing Welcome to my Nightmare. End game call out has to be Waldorf and Statler dogging you. So much you could do with it.

Standard Muppet Show Pro
Gonzo the Great Premium
Kermit Green LE

I know it’s not as big as the other IP mentioned but I think it has a built in audience.

3BFB9917-1C5A-4072-9AB9-CA4AAC9F7ED2 (resized).jpeg3BFB9917-1C5A-4072-9AB9-CA4AAC9F7ED2 (resized).jpeg
#27010 1 year ago

Hmm as for songs: "Rainbow Connection" - could work for some multi balls.

Too bad that "Bohemian Rhapsody" will probably be in the Queen pinball because having a full orchestra at Hollywood Bowl with Dr. Teeth and the the Electric Mayhem featuring Animal is an awesome performance that probably wouldn't make it into the pin.

The "Ma Na Na Na- Do Do Do Do Do" song would of course be standard musical fare.

Quoted from jpd632:

Muppets is a total dream pin for me. Every time I watch an old episode I see clips that should be used for the video part. The guest host be the mini game, Gotta have Paul Williams doing Old Fashioned Love Song and Alice doing Welcome to my Nightmare. End game call out has to be Waldorf and Statler dogging you. So much you could do with it.
Standard Muppet Show Pro
Gonzo the Great Premium
Kermit Green LE
I know it’s not as big as the other IP mentioned but I think it has a built in audience.
[quoted image]

#27011 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:I can tell you I have at least half a dozen friends that would likely look at an HP pin as the first one they would ever buy for themselves for their home. There's not a single theme that can come close for a certain age group.

Every year at the bar we celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday. I’m telling you it’s busier than cinco de mayo. We would definitely bring in a HP machine if one ever got released. No question.

#27012 1 year ago

You…do…. W H A T ? I now have more ammo against HP fans haha

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Every year at the bar we celebrate Harry Potter’s birthday. I’m telling you it’s busier than cinco de mayo. We would definitely bring in a HP machine if one ever got released. No question.

#27013 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There's always the unpopular opinion thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread#post-6640187
This is Pinside, there's a thread for everything! Probably even a thread about.. threads (thou, I've yet to see that one!)

But what he said wasn’t unpopular

#27014 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You…do…. W H A T ? I now have more ammo against HP fans haha

Yeah man. Butter Beers. Chocolate frogs. People love it.

#27015 1 year ago

Wow, that’s wild. I didn’t know Mormons could even go into bars. Learn something new everyday.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Yeah man. Butter Beers. Chocolate frogs. People love it.

#27016 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Get Karl Urban to do custom call outs and it would be a riot!

I like the Boys, and Urban's character in it, but uh ... last time he got called in to do pinball callouts wasn't exactly a voice acting tour deforce.

#27017 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow, that’s wild. I didn’t know Mormons could even go into bars. Learn something new everyday.

I don’t want to shatter your universe too much here but… not everyone in Utah is Mormon.

#27018 1 year ago

Oh definitely, at 49% off the population of Salt Lake City they are absolutely technically a minority haha.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I don’t want to shatter your universe too much here but… not everyone in Utah is Mormon.

#27019 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:Hmm as for songs: "Rainbow Connection" - could work for some multi balls.

I’m a sucker for a frog with a banjo. Put Elwin on it and take my money.

#27020 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh definitely, at 49% off the population of Salt Lake City they are absolutely technically a minority haha.

Yup. People like Harry Potter and there are over a million non Mormons living in Utah. 25% of the state’s population claims no religion at all. It’s a big bright new world. Welcome!

#27021 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sounds like you don't get out too often. Eithrr that or you embrace willful ignorance and stereotyping.

#27022 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I like the Boys, and Urban's character in it, but uh ... last time he got called in to do pinball callouts wasn't exactly a voice acting tour deforce.

Very true but it’s always nice to have custom call-outs, give him better direction and he would nail it.

#27023 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the last SW is a REALLY good game...it's just really freaking hard.

There were too many things I disliked about that game compared to what I liked. Those 4th mission multiballs are difficult and I thought the victory multiball music was absolutely atrocious. It wasn't the game many of us were hoping for. I could still look past many things, but the lackluster hyperloop rules I just cannot.

Rob

#27024 1 year ago

I'll say I'm not the only one, but why has there not been a Michael Jackson pinball yet like WTF seriously??? they make so much shit titles, Rush, led zipplien, etc etc like really?? what because there cheap licensing?? Come on Stern, anybody... Atleast a BTTF damn....

#27025 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

I'll say I'm not the only one, but why has there not been a Michael Jackson pinball yet like WTF seriously??? they make so much shit titles, Rush, led zipplien, etc etc like really?? what because there cheap licensing?? Come on Stern, anybody... Atleast a BTTF damn....

Lost at Neverland multi-ball. When you drain the call out says “I’ve found you”.

#27026 1 year ago
Quoted from richierich85:

but why has there not been a Michael Jackson pinball

You wouldn't be able to trust it in an arcade with the kids

#27027 1 year ago

The reviews for Top Gun Maverick are indicating it is very good and going to be another blockbuster. If the license was obtainable, I am still surprised this is a theme Stern hasn't done or pursued. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think Top Gun (no, F14 isn't the same thing) would be a great pinball theme and I'd be all over it.

#27028 1 year ago

Top Gun is nothing but a big budget recruitment video paid for and screenwritten by the Military industrial complex. Mega hard pass.

But I WILL take a Roadhouse pin.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

The reviews for Top Gun Maverick are indicating it is very good and going to be another blockbuster. If the license was obtainable, I am still surprised this is a theme Stern hasn't done or pursued. Maybe I'm in the minority here but I think Top Gun (no, F14 isn't the same thing) would be a great pinball theme and I'd be all over it.

#27029 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Top Gun is nothing but a big budget recruitment video paid for and screenwritten by the Military industrial complex. Mega hard pass.

Maybe if you served, you would have a slightly different opinion. Regardless of who wrote the movies they stand on their own for feel good action, with a throwback to the cold war usa usa stand up and cheer for your country pride. I have my tickets for next week and can't wait to see it, and I think it would make for a great machine. Great balls of fire multiball!

#27030 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I‘d take „Super Tomcat“ as well.

#27031 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I’m over sequels to movies that came out almost 40 years ago. Everyone of them has been a massive letdown. Too many winks at the audience, fan service writing, actors phoning it in. I bet Miles Teller sings You lost that loving feeling at some point. Lame.

Reviews don’t mean anything , most of those come from people who will blow the movie company just to see stuff early at screeners. I can’t see people under 30 giving too much of a shit about this movie. Especially not to have a pinball machine about it.

#27032 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Quoted from eabundy:

Maybe if you served, you would have a slightly different opinion. Regardless of who wrote the movies they stand on their own for feel good action, with a throwback to the cold war usa usa stand up and cheer for your country pride. I have my tickets for next week and can't wait to see it, and I think it would make for a great machine. Great balls of fire multiball!

As a veteran, you'd be surprised what works well as a recruitment video and what doesn't. I know more than a few people who were pushed over the edge to join the United States Marine Corps after watching, "300".

With that said, a Frank Miller style 300 pin could be interesting. Think of all the drops!

#27033 1 year ago

Why because I would have been indoctrinated? That makes sense haha. I bet I’d love the military if I were made to, yes.

Quoted from eabundy:

#27034 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Why because I would have been indoctrinated? That makes sense haha. I bet I’d love the military if I were made to, yes.

Mormons, military... any other groups you want to marginalize or stereotype today?... and btw, you have been indoctrinated, you just don't realize it. That is the biggest irony here.

Frankly, I could care less what you think of Top Gun and its military overtones. It would make a great pinball theme and those that would pass on it for your stated reasons would be a tiny minority. Beats another super hero pin.

#27035 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I served because I wanted to. I felt it was my patriotic duty to serve. Same reason I donate blood every few months. There was no indoctrination. You have to live in a country that isn't free to be forced to serve.

#27036 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

I’m over sequels to movies that came out almost 40 years ago. Everyone of them has been a massive letdown. Too many winks at the audience, fan service writing, actors phoning it in. I bet Miles Teller sings You lost that loving feeling at some point. Lame.
Reviews don’t mean anything , most of those come from people who will blow the movie company just to see stuff early at screeners. I can’t see people under 30 giving too much of a shit about this movie. Especially not to have a pinball machine about it.

Well, how many under 30 are into pinball and have the money to purchase a 7-10k pinball machine? If your premise is no one under 30 cares or would buy a Top Gun themed pinball machine, why does Stern keep cranking out 70's and 80's hair and hard rock themed pins? Nostalgia sells and it has been that way for some time.

As for your thoughts on the movie, well the typically cynical critic crowd doesn't seem to share that view:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/top_gun_maverick

#27037 1 year ago

Please take my unpatriotic and irreligious millennial musings with a grain of salt guys. I’m just throwing curveballs for fun. Peace be with you.

#27038 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Please take my unpatriotic and irreligious millennial musings with a grain of salt guys. I’m just throwing curveballs for fun. Peace be with you.

You say it's for fun, but you downvote @eabundy, who opted to put his ass on the line for his country. It's because of guys like him that we don't speak German today. Maybe it's just me, but I generally don't criticize or mock anybody that served our country because I think that actually makes them better than me. I had the chance at one point in my life but didn't have the guts. So thanks, Eric.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

#27039 1 year ago

Sure, that’s the ol’ grand narrative anyway. Apologies if I offended you eabundy it wasn’t my intention. And to be clear what is “fun” to me is watching you all lose your shit when I bring up how Top Gun is just a US military propaganda device. But we don’t really need to gum up this thread. We’ve all said our piece. I hope that ‘The Book of Mormon’ is the next Stern pin.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You say it's for fun, but you downvote eabundy, who opted to put his ass on the line for his country. It's because of guys like him that we don't speak German today. Maybe it's just me, but I generally don't criticize or mock anybody that served our country because I think that actually makes them better than me. I had the chance at one point in my life but didn't have the guts. So thanks, Eric.
Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

#27040 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hope that ‘The Book of Mormon’ is the next Stern pin.

Hasa Diga Eebowai Multi ball !

#27041 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well, how many under 30 are into pinball and have the money to purchase a 7-10k pinball machine? If your premise is no one under 30 cares or would buy a Top Gun themed pinball machine, why does Stern keep cranking out 70's and 80's hair and hard rock themed pins? Nostalgia sells and it has been that way for some time.
As for your thoughts on the movie, well the typically cynical critic crowd doesn't seem to share that view:
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/top_gun_maverick

Question 1: I don't keep up with other people's financial situations. I do Know that movies dont make money without people under 30.

Question 2: The songs from those bands are played in sport events, movies, shows, video games and comercials. Thats how those bands stay relevent with young people and stay alive in the minds of people like you.

I think the OG Top Gun is an overrated movie that relys more on happy memories of 3-4 scenes than the actual film being "good". But thats just my opinon. Once again I think all of the 80's "comeback" Films have been kind of shit and have ruined some of the magic of the old films.

So glad they are NOT gonna do Goonies 2. Who wants to see the fat hobbit go back to Oregon?

#27042 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

My hot girlfriend likes Harry Potter. So there's that

#27044 1 year ago

Hahah noooo that was the film studio fighting back against the Air Force who demanded to install a writer on staff in exchange for use of aircraft. All they could do is just pile tonnnns of gay innuendo. Which honestly is my favorite part. Some will think I’m joking but….

Oh also, my girlfriend is also considered to be hot and she has Harry Potter glasses…but is not a fan. For whatever that is worth. Different strokes.

#27045 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Question 1: I don't keep up with other people's financial situations. I do Know that movies dont make money without people under 30.
Question 2: The songs from those bands are played in sport events, movies, shows, video games and comercials. Thats how those bands stay relevent with young people and stay alive in the minds of people like you.
I think the OG Top Gun is an overrated movie that relys more on happy memories of 3-4 scenes than the actual film being "good". But thats just my opinon. Once again I think all of the 80's "comeback" Films have been kind of shit and have ruined some of the magic of the old films.
So glad they are NOT gonna do Goonies 2. Who wants to see the fat hobbit go back to Oregon?

So you are saying Stern is selling a lot of band and 80's themed pins to the under 30 demographic because they are playing Metallica, Iron Maiden, RUSH, etc at sporting events, etc? Sorry, I can't recall the last time I heard sings from most of the afore mentioned bands anywhere but classic rock radio stations.

I just don't buy the argument Stern is deciding on themes and licenses based on their appeal to the 30-35 and under demographic. Sure they'd like to appeal to the younger group as well to create a market for the future but their bread and butter is still most of us who grew up in the 70's, 80's, or 90's and most of their theming (outside of the Disney supee hero stuff) reflects that.

If you don't like Top Gun, fine. There are a lot of us that would love the theme and buy it in a heartbeat... and don't be surprised if this new Top Gun movie is one of the summers biggest blockbusters and draws in the 20 and 30 something crowd as well

#27046 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you are saying Stern is selling a lot of band and 80's themed pins to the under 30 demographic because they are playing Metallica, Iron Maiden, RUSH, etc at sporting events, etc? Sorry, I can't recall the last time I heard sings from most of the afore mentioned bands anywhere but classic rock radio stations.
I just don't buy the argument Stern is deciding on themes and licenses based on their appeal to the 30-35 and under demographic. Sure they'd like to appeal to the younger group as well to create a market for the future but their bread and butter is still most of us who grew up in the 70's, 80's, or 90's and most of their theming (outside of the Disney supee hero stuff) reflects that.
If you don't like Top Gun, fine. There are a lot of us that would love the theme and buy it in a heartbeat... and don't be surprised if this new Top Gun movie is one of the summers biggest blockbusters and draws in the 20 and 30 something crowd as well

Whaever you say. Enjoy Utah.

#27047 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Whatever you say. Enjoy Utah.

#27048 1 year ago
Quoted from jpd632:

Whatever you say. Enjoy Utah.

I do. Best skiing and outdoors scene in the country and five great national parks as well. One of the prettiest states in the country.

Feel free to address my points or refute them. There are a lot of movies I don't like and wouldn't buy if themed as a pin as well but thay doesn't mean they wouldn't make good pins and sell well.

#27049 1 year ago
#27050 1 year ago

Boomers know best!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Suffern, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 541 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/541?hl=knackers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.