20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 540 of 942.
#26951 1 year ago

Daft Punk won the Grammys' Album of the Year in 2012 for Random Access Memories.
Got nominated for an Oscar with Tron's soundtrack.

Pretty sure you've heard “Get Lucky” with Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers, or “Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger”

645M views on YouTube for “Get Lucky”

They were good enough for the Super Bowl Halftime 2021 Show - The Weeknd ft. Daft Punk

Just saying! Sorry for the slight derail folks, back to the Next Stern topic!

#26952 1 year ago

Don't forget tv ads for the most popular brands in the world.

#26953 1 year ago

Daft Punk would fall into the musical genius category. If they’re garbage than the industry should shut it all down.

Doesn’t mean you have to like their music but they are masters of their craft. And would make a great theme for a pinball machine.

#26954 1 year ago

Why not a Disney land pinball. With different areas of the park represented on the playfield. .

Different modes like parking mode
New ride construction
Ticket que
Ride que.
Lunch
Profit operations
Staff and new hires

#26955 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Daft Punk would fall into the musical genius category. If they’re garbage than the industry should shut it all down.
Doesn’t mean you have to like their music but they are masters of their craft. And would make a great theme for a pinball machine.

Full disclosure: I like these guys. Not enough to own but definitely enough to not turn it off/skip it and in some cases I'll turn it up.

Having said that (and I don't mean to be negative toward them), but I wonder what your take is on the roots of their music and the accusations of plagiarism.

The original "article" with the samples (via wayback machine):
https://web.archive.org/web/20070325205056/http://palmsout.blogspot.com/2007/02/sample-wednesday-27-daft-punk.html

For the ears:

To me, this is actually pretty cool on them to make "futurish music" but with elements of the past. Genius? Perhaps in concept, but I'm undecided personally on whether they get the title of "musical genius".

#26956 1 year ago

I'd also like to add that I think it would be pretty cool music for a pin. I absolutely LOVE Total Nuclear Annihilation for its music, light show, and the easy-to-understand-difficult-to-master gameplay. Something along those lines would work perfectly for me.

#26957 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Why not a Disney land pinball. With different areas of the park represented on the playfield. .
New ride construction
Ticket que
Ride que.
Lunch
Profit operations
Staff and new hires

And once you beat wizard mode, it's revealed that all of the points you earned is money deposited into a Chinese bank account.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26958 1 year ago

IMO - sampling is a different type of art but art nonetheless. In fact, breakdowns like this raise their cache, personally. Anyone who can hear different songs inside other songs like this incredible, IMO.

Quoted from Biju:

Full disclosure: I like these guys. Not enough to own but definitely enough to not turn it off/skip it and in some cases I'll turn it up.
Having said that (and I don't mean to be negative toward them), but I wonder what your take is on the roots of their music and the accusations of plagiarism.
The original "article" with the samples (via wayback machine):
https://web.archive.org/web/20070325205056/http://palmsout.blogspot.com/2007/02/sample-wednesday-27-daft-punk.html
For the ears:
To me, this is actually pretty cool on them to make "futurish music" but with elements of the past. Genius? Perhaps in concept, but I'm undecided personally on whether they get the title of "musical genius".

#26959 1 year ago

That sample sourcing and structure for ‘face to face’ is nothing short of mind blowing. Pulling cuts from 5 tracks in that are in complimentary keys and scale and then constructing something that funky is just batshit. I mean who would even think to pull Kenny Loggins, Alan Parsons, ELO and Dan Fogelberg for an IDM track? haha. Wild.

Quoted from JToeps:

IMO - sampling is a different type of art but art nonetheless. In fact, breakdowns like this raise their cache, personally. Anyone who can hear different songs inside other songs like this incredible, IMO.

#26960 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

New ride construction
Ticket que
Ride que.
Lunch
Profit operations
Staff and new hires

Hahaha! So what would be fun is a “theme park” non licensed theme that just ripped the absolute bejesus out of Disney, Universal and the other parks. Mock them at every turn with just enough ambiguity to keep the lawyers at bay.

#26961 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

Hahaha! So what would be fun is a “theme park” non licensed theme that just ripped the absolute bejesus out of Disney, Universal and the other parks. Mock them at every turn with just enough ambiguity to keep the lawyers at bay.

So, Walley World?

#26962 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's a techno band .

Not to be nit picky, but I wouldn't have called them a 'Techno band' or Techno artists. Electronic is more a broad description or Yanks would use the slightly lame EDM 'catch-all' descriptor. Their music covers, the French House sound to Electro-funk and Disco styles so it can be a little hard to peg them.

#26963 1 year ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Not to be nit picky, but I wouldn't have called them a 'Techno band' or Techno artists. Electronic is more a broad description or Yanks would use the slightly lame EDM 'catch-all' descriptor. Their music covers, the French House sound to Electro-funk and Disco styles so it can be a little hard to peg them.

#26964 1 year ago

Sounds a bit nitpicky

#26965 1 year ago

What do we want for a pinball machine? Many people answer - a licensed theme. Top all-time licenses for a pinball machine / # times made / # additional pins wanted —

Star Wars / 7 / 3
Star Trek / 4 / 1
Toy Story / 0 / 3
Harry Potter / 0 / 3
Jurassic Park / 4 / 1
LOTR (Tolkien) / 2 / 1
POTC / 2 / 1
Indiana Jones / 2 / 1
Simpsons / 2 / 1
Terminator / 2 / 1
Ghostbusters / 1 / 1
BTTF / 1 / 2
Superheroes (evergreen) / 14 / 1

From this list, Star Wars sits atop all others, but we’ve yet to see a great game. Toy Story and HP are behind schedule and overdue for a release or three. Toy Story pinball is expected in a month, while a rumored HP can’t come fast enough. Rumored BTTF should be widely embraced when it drops. Superhero themes are evergreen and a Venom pinball is expected to drop sometime.

#26966 1 year ago

I think the last SW is a REALLY good game...it's just really freaking hard.

#26967 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think the last SW is a REALLY good game...it's just really freaking hard.

Which isn't really a good thing for such a broad and casual fanbase.

#26968 1 year ago

Indiana Jones 5 is in the can now, coming out next summer, seems with the extremely high prices of the williams and stern indiana jones tables, that a new souped up pin would be a prime license at this point, however I'm still holding out hope for a BTTF.

#26969 1 year ago

I think a Mario pin would sell very well

Quoted from manadams:

Not to pinheads in their 30's. If you grew up when the seven films came out then you would probably feel differently. The author would need to have a change in opinion about pinball for it to happen anyway but throw enough money at some people and it's possible I guess.

I am in my 30's, I have no desire for a Harry Potter pinball. I would rather have a BTTF pinball hands down.

#26970 1 year ago

OK, so now I know why I'm not a big fan of Daft Punk. They sample a lot of music that I never cared for in the first place. LOL

#26971 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think a Mario pin would sell very well

I am in my 30's, I have no desire for a Harry Potter pinball. I would rather have a BTTF pinball hands down.

You're the exception here I'd wager. HP would be a top selling pin for whomever scored that license, putting weaker licenses like Godzilla and such to shame.

#26972 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

You're the exception here I'd wager. HP would be a top selling pin for whomever scored that license, putting weaker licenses like Godzilla and such to shame.

Problem is they can’t get Alan Rickman to do the call outs anymore

Also +1 for BTTF > HP

#26973 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Problem is they can’t get Alan Rickman to do the call outs anymore
Also +1 for BTTF > HP

They'd probably only go for a cheaper actor anyways to narrate.

Neville would be a good choice.

BttF is great but I feel like HP is being way overlooked by a lot of hardcore older players for just how perfect a franchise it is for a pin.

The VPX creation based on Goblet of Fire is brilliant.

#26974 1 year ago

They'd probably only go for a cheaper actor anyways to narrate.
Neville would be a good choice.
BttF is great but I feel like HP is being way overlooked by a lot of hardcore older players for just how perfect a franchise it is for a pin.
The VPX creation based on Goblet of Fire is brilliant.

I think it is where it depends where the money is with the demographics. HP will reach the players in their 20s-mid 30s. The money isnt there as much as 30-late 40s. I doubt people in their 40s would drop 10k for a Harry Potter pin over BTTF or some other 80s early 90s theme. Theme plays a big factor in selling machines.

#26975 1 year ago

Why does everyone want little kid titles? Are we 12?

#26976 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Money! And easy Money!

#26977 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Emotionally... Yes. yes we are.

#26978 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Money! And easy Money!

If they wanted easy money they would go for the Pokemon (the highest grossing franchise of all time) this franchise has made more money than Star Wars and Marvel combined.

#26979 1 year ago

I hear Pogs are coming back. Maybe they’ll make a game with that theme. It will have no ramps or spinners just captured balls everywhere to slam into.

#26980 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Do you think the time travel silliness of BttF is somehow more mature than Harry Potter? It isn't.

I enjoy both franchises very much but I'm confident saying a Harry Potter pinball machine would outsell another BttF one, and are way more on location as well.

#26981 1 year ago

I’ve said it before, yes most machines are kids titles! That’s why we buy them to re live and share with our kids our youth!

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:Why does everyone want little kid titles? Are we 12?

#26982 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Because adult themes like inflation, geopolitical conflict, and supply chain issues don’t scream good times like fantasy IPs

#26983 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think it is where it depends where the money is with the demographics. HP will reach the players in their 20s-mid 30s. The money isnt there as much as 30-late 40s. I doubt people in their 40s would drop 10k for a Harry Potter pin over BTTF or some other 80s early 90s theme. Theme plays a big factor in selling machines.

We'll never know, but I'm curious to know the sales data of Operators vs HUO. I think HP is a perfect case study. I think it would kill on location, but not so much HUO. Dad Rock pins would be the opposite. And so on. Themes aimed at 25-40 vs 40-55 are very distinct, IMO. And it wouldn't matter (to manufacturers) if the numbers in each demo balanced each other out.

#26984 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sounds a bit nitpicky

It's just that Techno is very specific tag with only a couple of sub-styles. I've I guess been in the music game as well as DJ'ing for too long

#26985 1 year ago

It's just that Techno is very specific tag with only a couple of sub-styles. I've I guess been in the music game as well as DJ'ing for too long

Just stirring , your right .
Just used techno as a term most pinsiders would be familiar with , as compared to acid house , French House , progressive house , Electro , funk and all the other categories you could list .

#26986 1 year ago

the closest thing to a Daft Punk machine you'll get is Tron Legacy... Awards are bullshit though, RAM was a great sounding album but I haven't listened to it much since it came out. I still listen to Homework & Discovery + the Tron soundtrack (even though that's more of a collaborative deal than solely theirs) quite a bit.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26987 1 year ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Indiana Jones 5 is in the can now, coming out next summer, seems with the extremely high prices of the williams and stern indiana jones tables, that a new souped up pin would be a prime license at this point, however I'm still holding out hope for a BTTF.

I figured Crystal Skull would be the final nail in the coffin for that series... yet here we are. My expectations for the movie are beyond low... but there have been good pins based on shit movies so. Hoping for a better BTTF game too.

#26988 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Just stirring , your right .
Just used techno as a term most pinsiders would be familiar with , as compared to acid house , French House , progressive house , Electro , funk and all the other categories you could list .

https://music.ishkur.com/

take a tumble down the rabbit hole

#26989 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

IMG_20220516_205457 (resized).jpgIMG_20220516_205457 (resized).jpg
#26990 1 year ago
Quoted from Aphex:

So, you're saying you'd like an Alice in Wonderland pin?
241-2412812_the-cheshire-cat-alice-no-pais-das-maravilhas (resized).jpg241-2412812_the-cheshire-cat-alice-no-pais-das-maravilhas (resized).jpg

#26991 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

We'll never know, but I'm curious to know the sales data of Operators vs HUO. I think HP is a perfect case study. I think it would kill on location, but not so much HUO. Dad Rock pins would be the opposite. And so on. Themes aimed at 25-40 vs 40-55 are very distinct, IMO. And it wouldn't matter (to manufacturers) if the numbers in each demo balanced each other out.

I can tell you I have at least half a dozen friends that would likely look at an HP pin as the first one they would ever buy for themselves for their home. There's not a single theme that can come close for a certain age group.

#26992 1 year ago

100% true!

I can tell you I have at least half a dozen friends that would likely look at an HP pin as the first one they would ever buy for themselves for their home. There's not a single theme that can come close for a certain age group.

#26993 1 year ago

Aside from the fact that everyone but Aykroyd is dead, The Blues Brothers would make a truly epic game. Call outs. Music. Endless possibilities for modes.

#26994 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

Aside from the fact that everyone but Aykroyd is dead, The Blues Brothers would make a truly epic game. Call outs. Music. Endless possibilities for modes.

Agree!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/blues-brothers-re-theme

#26995 1 year ago

Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

#26996 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hairy Plopper is some certified incel geek s#it. The fans are like furry adjacent cringe wizards. Just my personal opinion that everyone asked for.

I will take offense to that on every level possible. But still give you an up vote for creativity and freedom of speech!

#26997 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it Harry also has a large female and family fan base. Would probably sell a lot of games.
So would Journey.

#26998 1 year ago
Quoted from atum:

I will take offense to that on every level possible. But still give you an up vote for creativity and freedom of speech!

Sorry, but I was downvoted for making a joke up a few posts about Alice in Wonderland.. I guess opinions don't include having a sense of humor!

#26999 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There's always the unpopular opinion thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unpopular-opinion-thread#post-6640187

This is Pinside, there's a thread for everything! Probably even a thread about.. threads (thou, I've yet to see that one!)

#27000 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Those would be interesting numbers to see what is mainly being sold to people or business owners. Im sure there are games that do very well for business owners but not HUO. I wish they also would release the numbers of how many Pro/Pre were sold for a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pinson, AL
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 540 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/540?hl=bigguybbr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.