Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 924.
#2601 5 years ago

So, are the rumors that Superman 78 is next, true I wonder?

Wonder if the music would all be the John Williams soundtrack?

Guessing Eddy?

I am hoping Keith is doing Jaws

#2602 5 years ago

SM78 and Jaws would be big pins. I agree Eddy on SM78 and Elwin on Jaws.

Wow!!

#2603 5 years ago

Golden Girls Goonies, Jaws, Maybe a Grateful Dead machine

#2604 5 years ago

Just sayin'.....

cbfd9eb7d569999de0101e52c6d62f04 (resized).pngcbfd9eb7d569999de0101e52c6d62f04 (resized).png
#2605 5 years ago

I'll play

Tour de France
Daft Punk
Toronto Maple Leafs
Rube Goldberg
Wallstreet - buy and sell to make a profit or the market crashes.

#2606 5 years ago

For sure, use Jaws a movie that hasn't been in theaters in 40 years, to attract the younger crowd.

#2607 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Mine would be that the absolute LAST thing we need in pinball right now is another pin based on an old rock band or comic book. Enough!

I disagree-bring on Superman 78', bring on another good music title!

Personally I am over the whole Monster/Zombie/Ghost themes-ENOUGH!

#2608 5 years ago

Star Trek original series done in the style of Batman66 or Munsters.

#2609 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

For sure, use Jaws a movie that hasn't been in theaters in 40 years, to attract the younger crowd.

Everybody knows Jaws.

#2610 5 years ago

Bring on Godzilla!

godzilla-cu-1 (resized).jpggodzilla-cu-1 (resized).jpg
#2611 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I do think that Jaws may be an exception as it is so well known by all ages. However, I am with you in that they are going with some very dated themes as of late.

They do have some recent sprinkled in though - like GoTG, TWD, and Deadpool - so that at least have some recent POP culture in there as well. Stern knows that - for the most part - buyers of new 8K machines are males over 50 so that is why you see older nostalgic themes and rock bands.

#2612 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

From Sterns latest releases: https://sternpinball.com/games/

The Munsters - 1964
The Beatles - 1960
Iron Maiden - 1975
Batman 66 - 1966
Metallica - 1981
AC/DC - 1980
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014
Star Wars - 1977
Aerosmith - 1970
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012
Deadpool - 2016

#2613 5 years ago

This is more accurate:

The Munsters - 1964-66
The Beatles - 1960-1970
Iron Maiden - 1975-Present
Batman 66 - 1966-68
Metallica - 1981-Present
AC/DC - 1980-Present
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014-Present
Star Wars - 1977-Present
Aerosmith - 1970-Present
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012-Present
Deadpool - 2016-Present

#2614 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

This is more accurate:
The Munsters - 1964-66
The Beatles - 1960-1970
Iron Maiden - 1975-Present
Batman 66 - 1966-68
Metallica - 1981-Present
AC/DC - 1980-Present
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014-Present
Star Wars - 1977-Present
Aerosmith - 1970-Present
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012-Present
Deadpool - 2016-Present

UMmmmmm...
Sorry man... Iron Maiden might have started in 1975...
But, their studio debut album was 1980. And that was Paul Di'anno singing...
Was 1982 with number of the beast with Bruce Dickinson that really launched them.
And there is no Paul Di'anno in the stern pin.
So your timeline is a bit off. 1982. There is a difference.
And your ac dc timeline is off.
They have bon scott. Bon Scott AC DC was around 1975 to his death 1980.
And they have a lot of Bon Scott songs on the Stern AC-DC pin.
So 1980 for AC-DC is wrong.

#2615 5 years ago

Diospinball my point was to the poster above me that few of the dates he listed (of which I just mirrored) are relevant in case you include the entire period in which they were actively doing something (new albums, touring, whatever).

#2616 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Everybody knows Jaws.

I highly doubt that. I'll ask some younger family members.

#2617 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

From Sterns latest releases: https://sternpinball.com/games/
The Munsters - 1964
The Beatles - 1960
Iron Maiden - 1975
Batman 66 - 1966
Metallica - 1981
AC/DC - 1980
Guardians of the Galaxy - 2014
Star Wars - 1977
Aerosmith - 1970
Star Trek (new cast) - 2012
Deadpool - 2016

Edit, you guys got to this first.

#2618 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

diospinball my point was to the poster above me that few of the dates he listed (of which I just mirrored) are relevant in case you include the entire period in which they were actively doing something (new albums, touring, whatever).

It was just weird seeing Iron Maiden starting after ac dc.
When they were still just a pub band and refining their sound at that time. I mean so many groundbreaking and necessary albums weren't even created/released yet that would pave the way for heavy metal.

I know pinball is all about old white dudes. And while I'm not young anymore.
I'm am almost 35. I will say I don't want newer themes. I'm content with the older themes. If they're better playing games so be it.
And while Munsters might be an old theme... Its a monsters themed pin. And lets be honest some of the greatest pins ever are munster... I mean monster themed.

I mean its not like Stern is going to do a Green Acres pin...
Anyone... Green Acres... Anyone... I mean that be silly my Darling.

#2619 5 years ago
EB966A1B-A87B-44CE-8A07-E2C5A3B420AA (resized).jpegEB966A1B-A87B-44CE-8A07-E2C5A3B420AA (resized).jpeg
#2620 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I highly doubt that. I'll ask some younger family members.

Just go "Duh-nuh. Duh-Nuh. Duh-Nun."

Everybody knows the music, shark, and name.

#2621 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Everybody knows Jaws.

My 5 yr old heard me doing the jaws song and (with no knowledge of Jaws whatsoever) goes "that's the shark song". I dont know how many tv shows must have made jaws references but its definitely pop culture now.

Now go make Bill and Ted

#2622 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Just go "Duh-nuh. Duh-Nuh. Duh-Nun."
Everybody knows the music, shark, and name.

True, even my 13 year old daughter knows Jaws.
And to date my wife and I have never let her watch the DVD. But apparently she has seen it on TV. It's just one of those movies that no matter how old it is, it's still a great movie.

#2623 5 years ago

Elvira 3 ? Better be on point, artwork! And please keep true to the theme and don’t bubble gum it !

For you guys that can’t have some T&A
Because says the wife says no oh well !

#2624 5 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Elvira 3 ? Better be on point, artwork! And please keep true to the theme and don’t bubble gum it !
For you guys that can’t have some T&A
Because says the wife says no oh well !

I don't think they will try to bubble gum it.
It has to have Cassandra's okay to use her license. I do think there will be setting to turn off adult mode.
I know both Nord and stern were upset that Whoa Nellie didn't sell how they were hoping.
But,t I really think its because its just not that great of a pin... And also the artwork while cheeky is a bit tame. Yes, I get the joke. Yes, its good artwork. But, could have been a bit more over the top for my tastes. So I think they just alienated a lot of people with that pin.
But, its been rethemed like 2 times now, so I don't think its a flop anymore.

But, I am really looking forward to Elvira 3. If its a good pinball machine like the first two then the whole series will really be something special.

#2625 5 years ago

Any guesses as to what this year’s 2019 vault edition will be? I don’t think it’ll be TRON or LOTR. I’m guessing Twd or GOT with redone art package. Maybe TWD comic version?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2626 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any guesses as to what this year’s 2019 vault edition will be? I don’t think it’ll be TRON or LOTR. I’m guessing Twd or GOT with redone art package. Maybe TWD comic version?

GOT with new art (at least for the decals and translite - I would not change the style of the playfield too much) would be a dream.

Guess TWD is as well I suppose, as I always thought that is a brownish mess when playing it, but I never had an affinity for Zombies and you cant make that Well walker look "beautiful". Aka brownish mess fits the theme.
Would have to redesign him as well.

#2627 5 years ago

GOT is still in stock at many distributors. I'd say vaulting it makes no sense but they vaulted star trek and I can still get old stock of that title as well.
TRON and LOTR make sense as they are both high price/high demand games but re licensing is a potetial road block

#2628 5 years ago

I'd like to see Stern (and CGC) put out some remakes of early games (like Beatles minus the Beatles) Sell a bunch of modern SS games at Half the price of a new pin. I'll take 2

#2629 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'd like to see Stern (and CGC) put out some remakes of early games (like Beatles minus the Beatles) Sell a bunch of modern SS games at Half the price of a new pin. I'll take 2

^^^^^^^
That !!

And it could nearly do with its own thread to see interest from community

#2630 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Tron would sell so maybe Tron.

#2631 5 years ago

More importantly will we see anything new in these games or same things rehashed with no new ideas in the games, not a knock on stern I mean will new ideas be put into their games like others or BOM too expensive excuse. Also would love to see Stern do a wide body game again even though I hear assembly line not made for them.

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

More importantly will we see anything new in these games or same things rehashed with no new ideas in the games, not a knock on stern I mean will new ideas be put into their games like others or BOM too expensive excuse. Also would love to see Stern do a wide body game again even though I hear assembly line not made for them.

Not likely. But you never know. It would be cool if they did!!

#2633 5 years ago
Quoted from FlashDaddy:

Goonies definitely has a larger following today than ET.

Goonies... hell yeah. If done right would be an instant pre-order.

I'd really like to see a new Jurassic Park/World though. My fear is that the wrong company has the license. JJP would do it more justice with the widebody and greater attention to detail I think. Either way, It would go perfectly next to my life size Jurassic Park display!

30592 (resized).jpeg30592 (resized).jpeg
#2634 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd be down for a LOTR or TWD...

#2635 5 years ago

My hope is to have tron remade with new code to incorporate video from both films with the new cabinets.

#2636 5 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

My hope is to have tron remade with new code to incorporate video from both films with the new cabinets.

Stern needs to vault the games with the new LCD screens.

1 week later
#2637 5 years ago

James Bond, Jaws, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Jurassic World, twip.

#2638 5 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Star Trek original series done in the style of Batman66 or Munsters.

Yep, I'd definitely like an original series remake. Scooby Do would be a nice one also. Great villains from the first 2 seasons.

#2640 5 years ago

Vaults have to have LCD screen to make me buy.

Dots are dead..

#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Vaults have to have LCD screen to make me buy.
Dots are dead..

Dots to me are classic and I actually like them. The LCD in today's machines are usually overkill-like the giant TV screen that JJP uses or lacking with the sub-par animation that Stern is attempting. Maybe the LCD will eventually get balanced and add significantly to game-play but right now it is still lacking imo. Best LCD integration since inception is the Star Wars video mode with Asteroid field challenge-even that feels elementary to me. Imagine if Stern had re-created a speeder bike chase through the woods-controlling the bike with the flippers, using 4k video game technology instead of basic asteroid scene using a basic programming platform. Time and Technology will hopefully tell but so far the LCD is only good for re-hashing video clips to tie into the theme of the game. While I hope programming catches up with the LCD-I also hope it does not slow down programming for code for actual gameplay on the playfield. I would rather have polished code instead of fancy video clips-but if I can get polished code and fantastic LCD integration that is a win win.

#2642 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Dots to me are classic and I actually like them. The LCD in today's machines are usually overkill-like the giant TV screen that JJP uses or lacking with the sub-par animation that Stern is attempting. Maybe the LCD will eventually get balanced and add significantly to game-play but right now it is still lacking imo. Best LCD integration since inception is the Star Wars video mode with Asteroid field challenge-even that feels elementary to me. Imagine if Stern had re-created a speeder bike chase through the woods-controlling the bike with the flippers, using 4k video game technology instead of basic asteroid scene using a basic programming platform. Time and Technology will hopefully tell but so far the LCD is only good for re-hashing video clips to tie into the theme of the game. While I hope programming catches up with the LCD-I also hope it does not slow down programming for code for actual gameplay on the playfield. I would rather have polished code instead of fancy video clips-but if I can get polished code and fantastic LCD integration that is a win win.

I have dot games in my collection. But stern moving forward needs to integrate LCD into vaults . Tron would be a fantastic start!!

#2643 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

But stern moving forward needs to integrate LCD into vaults

Yea I am not sure about that. I like the older games the way they are now-I have grown to appreciate the originality of some of the classics including Tron. Not sure if adding a LCD would really add much to the game. If you wanted video clips of the movie to distract the player or slow down the flow then you could add the LCD but to me I would prefer the vaults be left 'original'. Sometimes less is more and I would hate to ruin something that is already great-if it isn't broke-don't fix it.

#2644 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yea I am not sure about that. I like the older games the way they are now-I have grown to appreciate the originality of some of the classics including Tron. Not sure if adding a LCD would really add much to the game. If you wanted video clips of the movie to distract the player or slow down the flow then you could add the LCD but to me I would prefer the vaults be left 'original'. Sometimes less is more and I would hate to ruin something that is already great-if it isn't broke-don't fix it.

I think if something is great make it even better. LCD is now the norm it is no longer an option . The same should be for vaults and it would put a new flare to it and sales.

#2645 5 years ago

Dots are dated.

#2646 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Could be a win win then. If TRON VE has and LCD and you prefer those get the vault. If you prefer the dots get the original

#2647 5 years ago

Dots suck.................johnson.

#2648 5 years ago

If you don't put an LCD with video in a VE now then its DOA.

Don't waste your time Stern selling a few hundred of overpriced SM types.

SM is a great example. Horrible VE. Give me original, and now the LE is selling for less than the VE

#2649 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If you don't put an LCD with video in a VE now then its DOA.
Don't waste your time Stern selling a few hundred of overpriced SM types.
SM is a great example. Horrible VE. Give me original, and now the LE is selling for less than the VE

I prefer the look and animations on the vault but it's just not a very fun game. The vault should have at least come with color dots.
Try again with 60s Spiderman please

#2650 5 years ago

If they really do vault Simpsons it HAS to have LCD with stock footage and original animations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet Parts
Pin-Tools.com
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/53?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.