IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 940.
#26901 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I will never understand the obsession with Tron in here. The films, The arcade game the pin…meh, who cares?

I have played Tron, the pin a few times and it's cool. Tron, the arcade game, hundreds.

HOW DARE YOU!

#26902 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

And here I am a big Disney fan whose looking forward to the ride, and the game just doesn’t do it for me, and certainly not at 10-20k

You need a Stern Mickey Hero pinball!

Mickey-Mouse-17-Cover-A (resized).jpgMickey-Mouse-17-Cover-A (resized).jpg
#26903 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Don't know.. kind of part of my decor! Some people would say I'm obsessed..! [quoted image][quoted image]

Ohhhhh you killing me dude!!! Hahaha

That is actually really cool! Thanks for sharing

#26904 1 year ago

they barely got any Daft Punk in there, which is objectively the best part of the film. (Would instabuy a Daft Punk pin but the licensing is a nightmare will never happen)

#26905 1 year ago

I know video games have been discussed on here before but with the new Halo series on Paramount+ maybe after a couple/few seasons of it we may get a Halo pin. Could be a great start back into the video game market for the pinball industry at least, that and I won't lie that would be one of the single biggest nostalgia pins for me.

#26906 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

they barely got any Daft Punk in there, which is objectively the best part of the film. (Would instabuy a Daft Punk pin but the licensing is a nightmare will never happen)

Daft Punk = INSTABUY!!!

#26907 1 year ago

Tron Legacy was neat. The original aged extremely poorly.

#26908 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Tron Legacy was neat. The original aged extremely poorly.

Didn't see original until my 30s. Didn't get it. It seemed like The Matrix but done really poorly.

I actually liked the new one more because the plot (while generic boilerplate father son stuff) was more solid.

I've said this a zillion times but Gerry should have done Tron 82 for P3.

#26909 1 year ago

Still hoping for a TRON vault too, but it seems like having a good pin on the line at Stern has been going strong for years now and no sign of slowing down. So that really hurts the TRON or LOTR vault hopes.

#26910 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Didn't see original until my 30s. Didn't get it. It seemed like The Matrix but done really poorly.
I actually liked the new one more because the plot (while generic boilerplate father son stuff) was more solid.
I've said this a zillion times but Gerry should have done Tron 82 for P3.

I think Gerry should jump on a Tron 82/legacy pin, he could make something far more theme integrated than sterns version and the stuff he could do visually with the screen and the ramps like he did with cosmic cart racing could be incredible.

#26911 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I have played Tron, the pin a few times and it's cool. Tron, the arcade game, hundreds.
HOW DARE YOU!

The arcade games (2) are fun for sure.

#26912 1 year ago

Is it just me or is Harry Potter yesterday's news? I have ZERO interest in Harry Potter

Now BTTF and James Bond are a different story

#26913 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Is it just me or is Harry Potter yesterday's news? I have ZERO interest in Harry Potter

Pretty sure it's not just you.

dumbledumb (resized).pngdumbledumb (resized).png
#26914 1 year ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Pretty sure it's not just you.

Has Wizardry gotten stale? Not even a spell can reverse this curse! I can see Toy Story but Harry Potter? Kapow can have that shit all day long

#26915 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You're spot on. A HP pin would be a curious choice In my opinion.
BTTF & Bond are evergreen titles and each would sell well.
I could see Venom because of depth of comics they could pull from, and he's pretty cool.
And speaking as someone who grew up on Martha's Vineyard, had relatives who were extras in the first film and was around when they were filming Jaws 2 & 4... I can't see how that would be interesting to people as a pinball.

But who knows. All I know is I've been on the list with my distributor from this next cornerstone for a while now and I'm excited to see what it is!!!

#26916 1 year ago

Here's today's pinball thought... What if Stern makes something unique for boutique? Could make a baddass Mission Impossible(old school-not Cruise) that is like Pinball Circus. You need to advance to different levels and master strategy to accomplish a goal and move to next level.

What ever happened to the Pinball Circus remake project-I quit reading about it?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26917 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

What ever happened to the Pinball Circus remake project-I quit reading about it?

they are making Kingpin first .... and there have been no updates on that as well , some rumors about upcoming news at a pinball show soon !

#26918 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Walk into either Harry Potter themed section of Universal Orlando. It is always packed in there and people are decked out with the merchandise they sell there. It's definitely still a valuable license.

#26919 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Is it just me or is Harry Potter yesterday's news?

Not to pinheads in their 30's. If you grew up when the seven films came out then you would probably feel differently. The author would need to have a change in opinion about pinball for it to happen anyway but throw enough money at some people and it's possible I guess.

#26920 1 year ago

Nothing is too obscure for Stern, considering they made Rush

#26921 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Walk into either Harry Potter themed section of Universal Orlando. It is always packed

Yes it is a good ride and it is the main attraction but is that relevant for a pinball theme for grown men? I do enjoy me some Harry Potter Butter Beer-mmmm tasty

I just think they are like a decade late now-sorry but even my children are over Harry Potter-other than the ride at Universal

#26922 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Tron is a great example of aesthetic dominance. Almost no one talks about how amazing the acting writer direction of Tron movies are.
But holy shit are the games amazing. The aesthetic was so novel and well done that it just translated into other (I would argue more appropriate) mediums so well.
Even the Intellivision games were great.

#26923 1 year ago

Who's doing design / code?

#26924 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Walk into either Harry Potter themed section of Universal Orlando. It is always packed in there and people are decked out with the merchandise they sell there. It's definitely still a valuable license.

Yup, that what I think too...... they're even building another HP land at the new Universal park under construction right now.

People want the classic HP, not the fantastic beasts and all that nonsense. Just like how people love LOTR and could care less about the Hobbit movies.
Same thing with IJ, same thing with Star Wars, same thing with Trek.

#26925 1 year ago

I would take a Jumanji over a Harry Potter-lots of material for modes and it is more classic and timeless to me. I like movies I can watch over and over-I can't remember the last time I wanted to put in Harry Potter to watch. Stern if you are listening-change Harry to Jumanji-the cost of the rights are not worth it and I still shake my head at the Beatles debacle.

#26926 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes it is a good ride and it is the main attraction but is that relevant for a pinball theme for grown men? I do enjoy me some Harry Potter Butter Beer-mmmm tasty
I just think they are like a decade late now-sorry but even my children are over Harry Potter-other than the ride at Universal

I think a good barometer is when you can sell full body length dark colored robes in the Florida sun and heat, and people are happily buying them, you have a dedicated fan base.

#26927 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I was there right after it opened and you could barely move through the Harry Potter section. My boys were there earlier this year on school trip and it was still packed. I am totally not a fan but I cannot think of a bigger title that appeals to all ages. People love all that fantasy, magic, sword, wizard whatever nonsense.

#26928 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think a good barometer is when you can sell full body length dark colored robes in the Florida sun and heat, and people are happily buying them, you have a dedicated fan base.

That is some funny shit right there-thanks for making my Friday start off with a laugh out loud

Harry Potter

#26929 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not to pinheads in their 30's. If you grew up when the seven films came out then you would probably feel differently. The author would need to have a change in opinion about pinball for it to happen anyway but throw enough money at some people and it's possible I guess.

The author needs a change in opinion about something else... that's what has soured the brand. Still popular sure, but soured with lots of baggage. A lot of people and companies reasonably don't want to financially associate themselves with or support a name that has become synonymous with trans-hate. Some people are able to separate the creator from the work, but it's harder for to do for some when she still retains total creative authority over the brand. This has been a big issue with the Hogwarts Legacy video game that is currently in never ending damage control turmoil.

#26930 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That is some funny shit right there-thanks for making my Friday start off with a laugh out loud
Harry Potter

It's true. I don't know how so many people struggle through the parks in 90F weather with 100% humidity in those robes when in shorts and a t-shirt I'm sweating my brains out.

#26931 1 year ago

Aloha Friday everyone!

#26932 1 year ago

Pokemon would be a great theme. Different Trim levels can have the different Gameboy cartridge colors (red, yellow, blue, pearl maby for LE edition) multiple age groups would find interest. Modes or missions can be similar to Pokémon stadium or Pokémon snap. I can imagine a pokeball multiball mode. Perhaps you could choose a specific Pokémon gym to play for and travel as when you "try to catch them all" lol. And imagine powering up your Pokémon on the display screen as you pass stages or mission/achievements.

Just a few ideas. And do t get me started on all the potential ways you could personalize your own machine. I would be on a wait list for sure. What are yall thoughts. Could be a great family pin and competition pin if attacked properly.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26933 1 year ago

Video game properties are an untapped source imo. Lots of potential with so many great themes that lend themselves well to pinball, Pokémon being a great example.

#26934 1 year ago
Quoted from R_P_M:

Pokemon would be a great theme. Different Trim levels can have the different Gameboy cartridge colors (red, yellow, blue, pearl maby for LE edition) multiple age groups would find interest. Modes or missions can be similar to Pokémon stadium or Pokémon snap. I can imagine a pokeball multiball mode. Perhaps you could choose a specific Pokémon gym to play for and travel as when you "try to catch them all" lol. And imagine powering up your Pokémon on the display screen as you pass stages or mission/achievements.
Just a few ideas. And do t get me started on all the potential ways you could personalize your own machine. I would be on a wait list for sure. What are yall thoughts. Could be a great family pin and competition pin if attacked properly.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Instant buy and I'm old! I knew about Pokemon from the beginning. Ignored it because I was into racing games and shooters. Pokemon Go came out and I started playing that because I love collecting things in games. The younger guys that worked for me were surprised. They said if I like Go so much that I should play the real games. On the way home that day I hit Gamestop, picked up a 3DS and Pokemon Y and loved it. I have played all of the games and I have currently "caught them all". Bring on a Pokemon pin. Hell I might even pay over MSRP to get an LE if I miss out.

#26935 1 year ago

Pokemon will never happen. Stern seems to be in bed with Disney mostly.

I suspect a Moonknight pin - already called it weeks ago - and Moonknight is actually codename Venom.

haha, let's see let's see if I am right I will start my own Podcast, do not worry Kaneda, I will cater to the Latin community with a Spanish speaking channel.

#26936 1 year ago
Quoted from R_P_M:

The way Pokemon could be integrated with insider connected, saving your pokedex etc, it could be amazing

#26937 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Pokemon will never happen. Stern seems to be in bed with Disney mostly.
I suspect a Moonknight pin - already called it weeks ago - and Moonknight is actually codename Venom.
haha, let's see let's see if I am right I will start my own Podcast, do not worry Kaneda, I will cater to the Latin community with a Spanish speaking channel.

Nothing to do with Stern having a business relationship with Marvel/Disney.

Nintendo are notoriously protective of their IPs and hard to license from and work with, they make working with Disney look like child’s play.

#26938 1 year ago

That said, The Pokemon Co. is a bit more liberal wrt licensing than Nintendo proper. If there is any place to start, that'd be it.

#26939 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

That said, The Pokemon Co. is a bit more liberal wrt licensing than Nintendo proper. If there is any place to start, that'd be it.

Wouldn't even just be the place to start. They're the only people Stern would have to deal with to license pokémon. Nintendo doesn't control the brand.

#26940 1 year ago

Y'all ready to go back?!

FB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1632803587480 (resized).jpg
#26941 1 year ago

Back? To daily pics of BTTF spam? No thanks. Wake me if Elwin is on the game otherwise prob a pass for me.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Y'all ready to go back?!
[quoted image]

#26942 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Y'all ready to go back?!
[quoted image]

Send this BTTF to the next virtual pin forum and kick rocks. Venom or Black Sabbath will be the future Stern.

9064B307-7B5C-4A66-A045-8702EE19CF6C (resized).jpeg9064B307-7B5C-4A66-A045-8702EE19CF6C (resized).jpeg
#26943 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Wouldn't even just be the place to start. They're the only people Stern would have to deal with to license pokémon. Nintendo doesn't control the brand.

Pretty sure Nintendo own The Pokémon Company along with game freak.

#26944 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Daft Punk = INSTABUY!!!

Maaaan, I would love a Daft Punk pin. Just how freaking cool would it be to have both of the duo's robot helmets on the playfield lighting up?

It would probably remind people a lot of Pinbot, which could be a good thing! Activate the nostalgia for them!

832e15656f367dcf54d10d659680dc11febde593_810 (resized).png832e15656f367dcf54d10d659680dc11febde593_810 (resized).png

#26945 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pretty sure Nintendo own The Pokémon Company along with game freak.

They have a minority stake but not enough to control anything. It's a partnership between Nintendo, game freak, and creatures inc.

#26946 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Maaaan, I would love a Daft Punk pin. Just how freaking cool would it be to have both of the duo's robot helmets on the playfield lighting up?
It would probably remind people a lot of Pinbot, which could be a good thing! Activate the nostalgia for them!
[quoted image]

I have never seen this sci fi show, is it a movie or just garbage?

#26947 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have never seen this sci fi show, is it a movie or just garbage?

It's a techno band .

#26948 1 year ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Send this BTTF to the next virtual pin forum and kick rocks. Venom or Black Sabbath will be the future Stern.
[quoted image]

Venom you say?

004971EC-9BCB-4BD2-987D-E8AC2AC72BF4 (resized).jpeg004971EC-9BCB-4BD2-987D-E8AC2AC72BF4 (resized).jpeg
#26949 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's a techno band .

So the latter

#26950 1 year ago

I can appreciate a good song , no matter what the genre , try expanding your Horizons .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

13,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 539 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/539 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.