20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 538 of 942.
#26851 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ve owned two of them. Great gameplay, excellent code and rules. Also it earns like crazy on location.

We disagree could not sold it fast enough and zero takers at pinside inflated prices.
In Canada it is not worth very much. Different markets.

#26852 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The flipper gap is correct! The playfield and flipper gap are in sync, and are specifically designed that way.
In any case, the gap makes you work hard to play better!

Incorrect, it’s been discussed and stated a few times that the flipper gap was accidentally made even larger than designed by him that shall not be named.

#26853 1 year ago
Quoted from shaub:

I have and I'm gonna say you are flat out wrong. They cost $10k now because they look pretty, have a great theme and pinball prices across the board have skyrocketed.

+1
That and the success of the new movie made it more attractive to new players and collectors.

So what is the next Stern!?

#26854 1 year ago

Venom I hope.

3CA9EA39-7965-43DA-9919-4BDE05E5CCC7.gif3CA9EA39-7965-43DA-9919-4BDE05E5CCC7.gif
#26855 1 year ago

I love GB and have no problem with the flipper gap. I play just as well/poorly on it as other tables. BUT I think Tobin's Spirit Guide kinda breaks the game when it gives you the random 2x/3x multipliers (they stack for 6x). Those multipliers literally make or break your score since the rest of the game is fairly low scoring. The game becomes more chance than skill, which is unfortunate. But it still doesn't bother me too much because it's a thrill when you've got the multipliers running and a nice mode at the same time.

#26856 1 year ago

Venom....code name I hope

nagini (resized).jpgnagini (resized).jpg
#26857 1 year ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I am waiting on the new Godzilla vs. ultra-MAGA pinball machine from STERN. I hear it's great!

Or how about particle man vs triangle man?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26858 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

There are better games to vault than

Yeah like we all know Tron would sell like crazy if it came back, ESPECIALLY with an LCD screen, but I look at what's being manufactured by Stern right now and ask myself why they would bother at this point?
Their games are HITS. They can't keep up with demand. They dropped a cornerstore release this year because sales are so good. Deadpool! Godzilla! AIQ! Jurassic Park! etc some of the best pinballs ever made are being made NOW.

So if I was Stern I'd keep the vault cards close to my chest and wait for the next WWE flop to chum the waters.

(Ghostbusters would also sell like crazy with an LCD screen, who are we kidding. But my point stands that they just don't have the ability to keep up with the demand for their incredible current games)

#26859 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

We all know how that ends...

#26860 1 year ago

So…Kaminkow hinted (basically admitted) that either Stern or Kapow has the license for Harry Potter. If the current rumor that Jaws is Eddy (and not elwin) Back to the future will not be Kapow (but MIGHT be Elwin) Gomez finished Ritchies Bond and Jack Danger is developing a cornerstone (possibly Foo Fighters) I would guess that:

Jaws / Summer
Bond / Fall
Back to the future / Winter
Kapow Harry Potter release on one line with backlog games on the other / Spring
Jack Dangers game / Summer

#26861 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So…Kaminkow hinted (basically admitted) that either Stern or Kapow has the license for Harry Potter. Now that we know that Jaws is Eddy (and not elwin) Back to the future will not be Kapow (but MIGHT be Elwin) Gomez finished Ritchies Bond and Jack Danger is developing a cornerstone (possibly Foo Fighters) I would guess that:
Jaws / Summer
Bond / Fall

I have been out of this thread for a bit, how do we know that we know? who has confirmed. Also Eddy on jaws.... gonna be bad.

#26862 1 year ago

I have been out of this thread for a bit, how do we know that we know? who has confirmed. Also Eddy on jaws.... gonna be bad.

I’ve been in this thread and I don’t know where Eddy now being on Jaws came from, rumour for a long time was he’s on venom, not sure how you could just throw a jaws theme on that layout if true.

#26863 1 year ago

All speculation of course. I believe venom is code name for Jaws which is rumored to be next. I don’t think Elwin is on Jaws (which was the previous rumor) because it would be too close from the release of Godzilla. And I think the Jaws license is very expensive and a reason why Eddy would be assigned to it (as his game design is typically no frills low BOM)

Quoted from J85M:

I’ve been in this thread and I don’t know where Eddy now being on Jaws came from, rumour for a long time was he’s on venom, not sure how you could just throw a jaws theme on that layout if true.

#26864 1 year ago

Is the Bond in development a Connery Bond or a Craig Bond?

#26865 1 year ago

There has been speculation for years that KAPOW has Harry Potter. Here is where it started (for me atleast).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-got-the-harry-potter-pinball-license

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/

#26866 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Now that we know that Jaws is Eddy (and not elwin)

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All speculation of course.

#26867 1 year ago

I’ll go edit the word “know” from that one sentence, my mistake.

#26868 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

2023 pitter patter [quoted image]

Canadian Goose Edition would go great next to Rush.

#26869 1 year ago

Better get on the List FAST for whatever’s announced. Otherwise you might get an estimated delivery date in 2025!

#26870 1 year ago

Stern better get their shit together and catch up on the backlog before announcing something like Harry Potter if they are going to build it.
On a positive note I have no interest in that title.

#26871 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Stern better get their shit together and catch up on the backlog before announcing something like Harry Potter if they are going to build it.

me neither, lol! my wallet needs a break!..

That said, someone in Canada please sell me your TRON

#26872 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Honestly, at this point in time is it in Sterns best interest to get caught up on the backlog? By keeping pins in short supply, they are able to keep the prices artificially high. i'm not saying they are doing it on purpose... but I'd think twice were I them on bumping up production too much.

With that said I think I'm in for another Godzilla Premium when I get get one NIB at MSRP. Miss mine already.

#26873 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:So…Kaminkow hinted (basically admitted) that either Stern or Kapow has the license for Harry Potter. If the current rumor that Jaws is Eddy (and not elwin) Back to the future will not be Kapow (but MIGHT be Elwin) Gomez finished Ritchies Bond and Jack Danger is developing a cornerstone (possibly Foo Fighters) I would guess that:
Jaws / Summer
Bond / Fall

Where did you get the information about the Harry Potter pin? My grandpa wants it, its his dream machine. I’m really hoping kapow dont do that thing they did with the beetles.

#26874 1 year ago

Kaminkow responded to a post yesterday heavily insinuating that Stern / Kapow does in fact hold the license. Wish I screenshot it. I’m sure someone will post it here soon.

Quoted from pinballboy:

Where did you get the information about the Harry Potter pin? My grandpa wants it, its his dream machine. I’m really hoping kapow dont do that thing they did with the beetles.

#26875 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Kaminkow responded to a post yesterday heavily insinuating that Stern / Kapow does in fact hold the license. Wish I screenshot it. I’m sure someone will post it here soon.

He posted something (I screenshotted above) back in 2019 as well. Take that for what it's worth.

#26876 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

A They Might Be Giants pin??

#26877 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And I think the Jaws license is very expensive and a reason why Eddy would be assigned to it (as his game design is typically no frills low BOM)

Where do people get that Keith gets a bigger BOM than anyone else?

A few people have pretty much disproved this by listing what’s under Godzilla and others games think Led Zep was the first, Mando etc and it’s all pretty close in a hardware stand point.

Toho Godzilla is a super cheap licence so that likely left more BOM for the playfield compared to Star Wars (Mando) even stranger things is already established itself as pricey to licence from Netflix.

Keith’s also smart with his BOM he mentioned on a podcast he looks at the cost of things and works out what will give him the most pinball for his bucks.

Sterns also too much of a well oiled machine, everything they do is on a tight budget and financial plan, they want to know the cost of their next year or two of releases and exactly how many units will bag them what profit, there won’t be much difference in BOM it’s more likely how much your left after the licensing.

#26878 1 year ago

would be amazing if it turned out to be a Stern Harry Potter vs a JJP Toy Story

#26879 1 year ago

We disagree could not sold it fast enough and zero takers at pinside inflated prices.
In Canada it is not worth very much. Different markets.

I want one pretty badly! Haven’t seen one go cheaply! I don’t understand why you say that?

#26880 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

would be amazing if it turned out to be a Stern Harry Potter vs a JJP Toy Story

yeah looking forward to a plastic with the picture of a broom vs a full on Toy for you know... Toy Story. lol

#26881 1 year ago

I have been out of this thread for a bit, how do we know that we know?

That list is way off, not even close. That is what we know.

#26882 1 year ago

I don't think companies are jumping at the chance to associate themselves with the Harry Potter brand like they would have 5-10 years ago.

#26883 1 year ago

Its gone back and forth, but is Beetlejuice for sure not a possibility? Reading back, its been stated that it wasnt done by Stern cause no one wanted to do it. Then saw a post about Jack Danger not being allowed to do a mock up/virtual layout for reasons and kinda insinuating it was still a possiblity of being built. The sandworms and general oozyness of the theme makes me think venom could be a codename for it. Grasping at straws a bit, but looking for any confirmation one way or the other

#26884 1 year ago

I'm sure Keaton would love to get involved in a Beetlejuice pin, too.

#26885 1 year ago

I never said Elwin gets a higher BOM. I said Eddy designs bare bones games.

Quoted from J85M:

Where do people get that Keith gets a bigger BOM than anyone else?
A few people have pretty much disproved this by listing what’s under Godzilla and others games think Led Zep was the first, Mando etc and it’s all pretty close in a hardware stand point.
Toho Godzilla is a super cheap licence so that likely left more BOM for the playfield compared to Star Wars (Mando) even stranger things is already established itself as pricey to licence from Netflix.
Keith’s also smart with his BOM he mentioned on a podcast he looks at the cost of things and works out what will give him the most pinball for his bucks.
Sterns also too much of a well oiled machine, everything they do is on a tight budget and financial plan, they want to know the cost of their next year or two of releases and exactly how many units will bag them what profit, there won’t be much difference in BOM it’s more likely how much your left after the licensing.

#26886 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I never said Elwin gets a higher BOM. I said Eddy designs bare bones games.

Mando wasn't bare bones. But the funny thing is that STh, which is bare bones, is a better game. Again...who cares about BOM? If the design is great and the code supports it, you can still have a great game.

#26887 1 year ago

Trying a different perspective here. Sorry for the long post, you can go to the next one, np!

Seth A. Davis, joined Stern as new President on October 2021. Before joining Stern, he was at Disney+, ESPN+ and Disney Games and Consumer Products. Since he joined last Quarter 2021, I don't think he would have had any impact until Rush (2022), but even that one would have been in the plans for a while:

- The Mandalorian (2021) (Eddy)
- Godzilla (2021) (Elwin)
- Jurassic Park Pin (2021) (home use)
- Rush (2022) (Borg)

So, Stern's President should be fully involved in the next pinball, imo.

Says on Stern's page he's a life-long gamer (PC and console by the looks of it), he's about 44 now and a family man. After 6-7 months at Stern, he's 'ripe' to officially get his first cornerstone produced and he's probably looking for something mainstream or some easy success to have a great start.

Again: former Disney/ESPN, family man, aged 44, lifelong gamer. Probably quite used in negotiating licensing agreements, obviously still has his entries with Disney.

So, realistically, what themes or ideas would have piqued the interest of such a guy when he sat in those boardroom meetings?

#26888 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Trying a different perspective here. Sorry for the long post, you can go to the next one, np!
Seth A. Davis, joined Stern as new President on October 2021. Before joining Stern, he was at Disney+, ESPN+ and Disney Games and Consumer Products. Since he joined last Quarter 2021, I don't think he would have had any impact until Rush (2022), but even that one would have been in the plans for a while:
- The Mandalorian (2021) (Eddy)
- Godzilla (2021) (Elwin)
- Jurassic Park Pin (2021) (home use)
- Rush (2022) (Borg)
So, Stern's President should be fully involved in the next pinball, imo.
Says on Stern's page he's a life-long gamer (PC and console by the looks of it), he's about 44 now and a family man. After 6-7 months at Stern, he's 'ripe' to officially get his first cornerstone produced and he's probably looking for something mainstream or some easy success to have a great start.
Again: former Disney/ESPN, family man, aged 44, lifelong gamer. Probably quite used in negotiating licensing agreements, obviously still has his entries with Disney.
So, realistically, what themes or ideas would have piqued the interest of such a guy when he sat in those boardroom meetings?

Tron 3 : Ares

#26889 1 year ago

Tron 3 Was postponed. However, Tron theme park in Disneyland will probably open in 2023, so there's that. But can't see Stern doing any Tron on the near future - too many other great themes to do, imho!

#26890 1 year ago

I will never understand the obsession with Tron in here. The films, The arcade game the pin…meh, who cares?

#26891 1 year ago

I completely agree!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I will never understand the obsession with Tron in here. The films, The arcade game the pin…meh, who cares?

#26892 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I will never understand the obsession with Tron in here. The films, The arcade game the pin…meh, who cares?

It is generational. Like all themes or it might not be your thing.
Tron is perfect for pinball.

Just waiting for Saltimbanco to sell me his

#26893 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I will never understand the obsession with Tron in here. The films, The arcade game the pin…meh, who cares?

You care enough to talk about it.

#26894 1 year ago

Tron is perfect for pinball.
Just waiting for Saltimbanco to sell me his

Don't know.. kind of part of my decor! Some people would say I'm obsessed..!

20201020_211904.jpg20201020_211904.jpgResized_20210926_133540001.jpegResized_20210926_133540001.jpeg
#26895 1 year ago

You’ve never discussed something you don’t understand? Was hoping someone might come in with some aspects of the franchise that they appreciate so I could better understand the love for it.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You care enough to talk about it.

#26896 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Honestly, at this point in time is it in Sterns best interest to get caught up on the backlog? By keeping pins in short supply, they are able to keep the prices artificially high. i'm not saying they are doing it on purpose... but I'd think twice were I them on bumping up production too much.
With that said I think I'm in for another Godzilla Premium when I get get one NIB at MSRP. Miss mine already.

I ordered Godzilla just days after it came out. You already got one, played it until you were tired of it, got rid of it, and have had enough more time to miss the game. All that before I can even get an estimate of when I might get one.

#26897 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I ordered Godzilla just days after it came out. You already got one, played it until you were tired of it, got rid of it, and have had enough more time to miss the game. All that before I can even get an estimate of when I might get one.

You need to fire your distributor

#26898 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’ve never discussed something you don’t understand? Was hoping someone might come in with some aspects of the franchise that they appreciate so I could better understand the love for it.

Growing up in the 80s I love the whole aesthetic of Tron. That said I don’t understand all the love for the pinball machine.

#26899 1 year ago

I was born the year it came out and have seen it. The new movie is all flash no substance and was reviewed poorly (plus I just detest Disney). The pin is fun to shoot but…but not $10k+ fun imo.

Quoted from bigguybbr:

Growing up in the 80s I love the whole aesthetic of Tron. That said I don’t understand all the love for the pinball machine.

#26900 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was born the year it came out and have seen it. The new movie is all flash no substance and was reviewed poorly (plus I just detest Disney). The pin is fun to shoot but…but not $10k+ fun imo.

And here I am a big Disney fan whose looking forward to the ride, and the game just doesn’t do it for me, and certainly not at 10-20k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,399 (OBO)
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Austin, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,072 posts in this topic. You are on page 538 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/538 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.