images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 537 of 940.
#26804 1 year ago

Just watched MoM. Love when Sam Raime throws in a Bruce Campbel cameo. So good The movie has a lot of evil dead vibes which makes it a lot of fun.

#26805 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Because it's bland pop rock with no discernible sound and it's basically throw away music. Just a thought.

This guy gets it.

Foo has somehow figured out how to brainwash people into thinking their "hits" (outside early hits like Monkey Wrench, Big Me, and I'll Stick Around) are catchy, but it's all unmelodic drivel with the occasional Grohl scream so you think you're listening to something good.

#26806 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

This guy gets it.
Foo has somehow figured out how to brainwash people into thinking their "hits" (outside early hits like Monkey Wrench, Big Me, and I'll Stick Around) are catchy, but it's all unmelodic drivel with the occasional Grohl scream so you think you're listening to something good.

That’s how I feel about other bands of the time like Stained, Korn, SlipKnot, etc. I can’t listen to them.

I think Foo Fighters has held up well.

#26807 1 year ago

Hey folks,

If you want to lead your cultural jihad against Disney, then you do you, but it's more appropriate elsewhere on the internet. And please don't be a redneck douchebag and drop spoilers to ruin movies for everyone else because your brain isn't big enough to handle opinions other than your own.

#26808 1 year ago

I’m probably the only one here then that enjoyed Eternals, visually I thought it was stunning!

It certainly had problems and issues but overall I actually really enjoyed it, it was one of the only MCU films I didn’t get chance to see in theatres and I wasn’t expecting much after reading all the hate online but I found it a nice change of pace.

#26809 1 year ago

I love lamp

#26810 1 year ago

But I bet you don't love lamp as much as I love lamp!

#26811 1 year ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Hey folks,
If you want to lead your cultural jihad against Disney, then you do you, but it's more appropriate elsewhere on the internet. And please don't be a redneck douchebag and drop spoilers to ruin movies for everyone else because your brain isn't big enough to handle opinions other than your own.

Is it being led by them though, who are really the cultural jihadists?

Anyhoo, whats the latest Disney/Marvel pin being released!

#26812 1 year ago

I could go for a new and greatly improved Avatar pin that is to todays levels..

#26813 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Is it being led by them though, who are really the cultural jihadists?
Anyhoo, whats the latest Disney/Marvel pin being released!

JJP rumor has latest Disney pin being Toy Story.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-toy-story/page/14#post-6922270

#26814 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I could go for a new and greatly improved Avatar pin that is to todays levels..

Did anyone want an Avatar pinball machine the first time around? There are so many good/popular themes mentioned in this thread why would they try Avatar again? Take your pick of BTTF, Bond, Jaws, Marvel (Venom, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, a new Spider-Man, etc.), a new Batman, Cobra Kai, Top Gun, Mission Impossible, a new Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror), etc.

#26815 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Name a Marvel movie that IS good.

Blade was the movie that saved Marvel Studios.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/marvel-mcu-blade-wesley-snipes-video-1202131077/amp/

Blade pinball please.
825212F1-C76C-423A-9FDD-615B3556ADC0.gif825212F1-C76C-423A-9FDD-615B3556ADC0.gif4DED5045-9DE0-4C4F-88B8-0D6C2E04AB52.gif4DED5045-9DE0-4C4F-88B8-0D6C2E04AB52.gif166A1726-667A-4D98-874E-BD836E269F52.gif166A1726-667A-4D98-874E-BD836E269F52.gif

#26816 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Did anyone want an Avatar pinball machine the first time around?

Of course they did. For 10 years before end game came out it was the highest grossing movie of all time. Remember back that it stayed in theaters for 34 weeks. That’s just crazy.

#26817 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Beastie Boys is my dream music theme, been preaching this to my friends at Stern for years. Their music videos are hilarious there's loads of great content to pull from. Still hoping for a BB pin someday.
[quoted image]

Man - that robot in the middle of the playfield with the record that spins? I’d buy Beastie Pinball in a second. Music went from when I was 8 well all the way through college and beyond… all stuff you would laugh to when you sang along.

#26818 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Did anyone want an Avatar pinball machine the first time around? There are so many good/popular themes mentioned in this thread why would they try Avatar again? Take your pick of BTTF, Bond, Jaws, Marvel (Venom, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, a new Spider-Man, etc.), a new Batman, Cobra Kai, Top Gun, Mission Impossible, a new Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror), etc.

I loved James Cameron movies growing up and was excited when he announced he was working on Sci-Fi again... that is until I saw the trailer for the first Avaturd. I didn't care for the movie or the hype surrounding it, the 3D gave me a headache to boot... but I at least give Stern credit for taking a chance & picking a then new/current theme instead of any of the things mentioned above... Maybe this is why the Guardians pin came out around the time of the sequel. Bank on the success of the first

a Cobra kai pin would be great

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26819 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/marvel-mcu-blade-wesley-snipes-video-1202131077/amp/
Blade pinball please.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I see you liking this post spooky_dj

#26820 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Blade pinball please.

Spooky should go for this what with the new blade being a focus for Marvel now you would like to think the old snipes blade would be a little cheaper to get hold of.

Would be a huge licence for spooky and blade 1 and 2 where both awesome but I’d take a blade 1 only pin, fast brutal layout with the public underground track from the opening scene and it’s a winner!!

#26821 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Blade pinball please.

Blade 2 is still my favorite Vamp movie. A pin would be great!

#26822 1 year ago

If worldwide movie (franchise) sales has anything to do with this thought process, the biggest money-makers are (in order, highest to lowest):

Marvel Universe
Star Wars
Harry Potter
Spider Man
James Bond

https://www.investopedia.com/highest-grossing-movie-franchises-5085228

#26823 1 year ago

I wonder what Stern is willing to pay for an IP. They have made Star Wars and Marvel games. Those are some of the most expensive IPs out there. I dont think its a cost issue if they can afford those two. I think its more of who is willing to work with them.

#26824 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I wonder what Stern is willing to pay for an IP. They have made Star Wars and Marvel games. Those are some of the most expensive IPs out there. I dont think its a cost issue if they can afford those two. I think its more of who is willing to work with them.

I assume every deal is different. Each IP holder has different wants/needs. Given the exhausting number of Disney IP pins, I'd also assume they got a bulk discount.

#26825 1 year ago

Or a commission on each sale.

#26826 1 year ago

Also Disney is built around licensing their IP. Music too! They have an entire army of people doing it. Nintendo (probably top 5 untapped IP holders, IMO) on the other hand doesn't traditionally play well with others.

#26827 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Also Disney is built around licensing their IP. Music too! They have an entire army of people doing it. Nintendo (probably top 5 untapped IP holders, IMO) on the other hand doesn't traditionally play well with others.

Exactly. Disney has always been that way. All the merchandise is out there to cross promote their other products and services. They see every Marvel and Star Wars pin as an advertisement for their movies, toys, music, and subscription service. This growth map from 60 years ago shows how they have been thinking this way for a long time. Notice how their merchandise licensing is viewed as a way to promote the parks and their films.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26828 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

If worldwide movie (franchise) sales has anything to do with this thought process, the biggest money-makers are (in order, highest to lowest):
Marvel Universe
Star Wars
Harry Potter
Spider Man
James Bond
https://www.investopedia.com/highest-grossing-movie-franchises-5085228

We have pins from 3 of those, 1 we will never get, and 1 is on the way!

#26829 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We have pins from 3 of those, 1 we will never get, and 1 is on the way!

Wasn’t it rumored that Stern got the HP license a while back?

#26830 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Exactly. Disney has always been that way. All the merchandise is out there to cross promote their other products and services. They see every Marvel and Star Wars pin as an advertisement for their movies, toys, music, and subscription service. This growth map from 60 years ago shows how they have been thinking this way for a long time. Notice how their merchandise licensing is viewed as a way to promote the parks and their films.
[quoted image]

If this is how Disney keeps adding stuff to its empire, then 'Percy Jackson and The Olympians' is supposed to be the next big thing for Disney+, sometimes in 2023.. Stern could go for such a big surprise in August.

#26831 1 year ago

It's been 3 years but Kamikow teased he may have the HP license which would imply a game with Stern.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/

Last instabuy left now that Weird Al has been made.

hp (resized).pnghp (resized).png
#26832 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's been 3 years but Kamikow teased he may have the HP license which would imply a game with Stern.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-february-26th-2019/
Last instabuy left now that Weird Al has been made.
[quoted image]

Meh, pass.

With all these 10k GB being sold, why not an elwin re-do ala Avengers? Ghostbusters Ghost Hunters Pinball.

#26833 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just watched MoM. Love when Sam Raime throws in a Bruce Campbel cameo. So good The movie has a lot of evil dead vibes which makes it a lot of fun.

Did you know the two were high school classmates? I went to the high school they graduated from (granted, it was a decade later) - but Evil Dead 2 came out just before my graduation and it was a huge thing there....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26834 1 year ago

2023 pitter patter pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#26835 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

2023 pitter patter [quoted image]

instant LE buy.

#26836 1 year ago
Quoted from cait001:

2023 pitter patter [quoted image]

I'm out of the loop....what is it?

#26837 1 year ago
Quoted from redman822:

I'm out of the loop....what is it?

It's a Canadian thing.

#26838 1 year ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Meh, pass.
With all these 10k GB being sold, why not an elwin re-do ala Avengers? Ghostbusters Ghost Hunters Pinball.

I would instant buy a Ghostbusters Vault with the correct flipper gap and upgraded to the LCD screen.

#26839 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would instant buy a Ghostbusters Vault with the correct flipper gap and upgraded to the LCD screen.

Lol gb what a horrible game that is lol
Make a TRON!!!

#26840 1 year ago

Good call, I don’t hate blade and the Blade pinball fx table is sick actually.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Blade pinball please.

#26841 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think about 500 people would. Maybe even 1000.

Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Lol gb what a horrible game that is lol
Make a TRON!!!

No as bad as that new zeppelin. Not even close.

#26843 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

The flipper gap is correct! The playfield and flipper gap are in sync, and are specifically designed that way.

In any case, the gap makes you work hard to play better!

#26844 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The flipper gap is correct! The playfield and flipper gap are in sync, and are specifically designed that way.
In any case, the gap makes you work hard to play better!

Lol whatever rocks your boat. There are better games to vault than turdbusters.
Maybe the prem is more fun than the pro I had. The cheap drains, the balls hopinng ovee ball guides, the air balls that run through the side and drain, the massive flipper gap, the annoying drop down targets, the lack of satisfying shots, and the repetitive code. I have no idea whwt people see in the game other than nostalgia.
The callouts and music are excellent if not the best I have seen of that Stern era, other than that Gb is a C+ game for me.

#26845 1 year ago

Maybe the prem is more fun than the pro I had. The cheap drains, the balls hopinng ovee ball guides, the air balls that run through the side and drain, the massive flipper gap, the annoying drop down targets, the lack of satisfying shots, and the repetitive code. I have no idea whwt people see in the game other than nostalgia.
The callouts and music are excellent if not the best I have seen of that Stern era, other than that Gb is a C+ game for me.

Id rather have an elwin re-do as I said. Vault is whatever.

#26846 1 year ago

You definitely have not played updated code on Ghostbusters and it shows. Game is amazing at its current iteration. That’s why they cost $10k now.

#26847 1 year ago

I am waiting on the new Godzilla vs. ultra-MAGA pinball machine from STERN. I hear it's great!

#26848 1 year ago

So many things in the game have potential but just aren't utilized in a rewarding/satisfying way. I LIKE the drop targets in theory, but the way they are used is just annoying (and not in what could be a good way), I really like that left captive ball arrangement, but it's treated like any other simple captive ball, even the idea of a single-ball "Super Jackpot" that you can build up is cool but when you're collecting worthless Super Jackpots it kind of defeats the purpose, collecting Ghosts is a cool way to make you shoot all the shots but the modes related to it aren't particularly inspired or worthwhile, even the Wizard Mode associated with collecting Ghosts just ends up being a luck box because the damn flippers keep reversing on a game that is notoriously drainy. At the very least, it could be a 60 second timed mode with unlimited ball save or something like that.

That game is popular based on theme and not gameplay, though it does do a good job capturing the theme as well.

#26849 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You definitely have not played updated code on Ghostbusters and it shows. Game is amazing at its current iteration. That’s why they cost $10k now.

I have and I'm gonna say you are flat out wrong. They cost $10k now because they look pretty, have a great theme and pinball prices across the board have skyrocketed.

#26850 1 year ago

I’ve owned two of them. Great gameplay, excellent code and rules. Also it earns like crazy on location.

Quoted from shaub:

I have and I'm gonna say you are flat out wrong. They cost $10k now because they look pretty, have a great theme and pinball prices across the board have skyrocketed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Folsom, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,988 posts in this topic. You are on page 537 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/537?hl=simpleskin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.