Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 535 of 938.
#26701 1 year ago

DeLorean might be back in time for pin release.

#26702 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Need another Hanna-Barbera Cartoon based pin.
Was watching Tom and Jerry the other day and it is such a classic. I thought I wanted Scooby Doo first but I changed my mind-I want a Tom and Jerry(like Badcats). Have to hit the ball in the scoops(mouse holes) with hurry up timers,etc.

[quoted image]

Find me someone under 25 who knows more than just the Scooby gang though. MAYBE they've heard of the Flinstones but I bet they can't name any.
Also, Jetsons....poor Jetsons

#26703 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Find me someone under 25 who knows more than just the Scooby gang though

I actually had the same thought the younger people have no clue about Tom and Jerry and it truly is a shame. I spend some of my Saturday mornings sitting in front of the TV eating various sugar cereals watching classic cartoons with my son. He needs to know what real cartoons are all about. I just think there is so much a designer could do with Tom and Jerry-would be a fun shooter for sure.

#26704 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

VanHalen would be awesome, just fucking awesome, if they did the game like they did it like Rush not Led Zeppelin.I think Rush is a great game.

I would buy a Van Halen for sure. I have a feeling though that the 70/80s Rocks pins may start transitioning to 90's bands soon. Hard to say - but I love my Rush and that was my dream machine.

#26705 1 year ago

It's that time of year again .
Government TV station is playing The Fifth Element , 5 times in a row .
Now if that doesn't scream cult theme , perfect for pinball , I don't know what does .

IMG_20220505_225024 (resized).jpgIMG_20220505_225024 (resized).jpg
#26706 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Van Halen please….
[quoted image]

And no Hagar.

#26707 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Now if that doesn't scream cult theme , perfect for pinball , I don't know what does .
[quoted image]

Multipass multi ball!

#26708 1 year ago

I'd definitely prefer it this way, but I think the only way to make a VH pin great would be to have both of them somehow. Make the changing frontman part of the theme or even selectable off the plunge and get people to continue arguing about it while they play. The real injustice will be if Wolfgang Van Halen appears instead of Michael Anthony. Then we riot.

Poor Gary Cherone, though. His Wizard Mode was never coded.

#26709 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Find me someone under 25 who knows more than just the Scooby gang though. MAYBE they've heard of the Flinstones but I bet they can't name any.

My kids are 25 amd 22 amd the know about Scooby Doo but they hated it. The only SD that was good we’re the originals and some of the movies and the live action movies. The guy there are terrible. Scrappy Doo and the Schmoo and the ones after that blew

#26710 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I actually had the same thought the younger people have no clue about Tom and Jerry and it truly is a shame. I spend some of my Saturday mornings sitting in front of the TV eating various sugar cereals watching classic cartoons with my son. He needs to know what real cartoons are all about. I just think there is so much a designer could do with Tom and Jerry-would be a fun shooter for sure.

Same can be said for warner brothers cartoons. Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash is a pretty poor homage to that franchise and a new WB pin could be good. But, you never see those toons anymore.

#26711 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Maybe by wiring the start button to the coin slot then when you drop a quarter in it presses the start button so to speak.

Quoted from radium:

[quoted image]

could have a couple cool dog fight wiz/regular modes, but not sure what else assets/story wise. Not sure i can get amped about singing the Righteous bros song. Play great balls of fire mode. Ride the motorcycle, chase the girl, lament about your old man and what really happened to him.

Def will watch the movie though. Check out the making/behind the scenes on youtube. Tom Cruise is a maniac- he had entire cast actually film scenes in the jets at crazy Gs.

#26712 1 year ago

I'm 41 and liked very limited Hanna-Barbera stuff. I can only think of Scooby Doo and Wacky Races that I liked. In the 80s it was already past its prime. How can you compete with the badass IP Hasbro was doing? I feel like the folks who want HB stuff are the same folks who want more dad rock. Folks in the 35-45 range are still young in the pinball demo it seems.

#26713 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I'm 41 and liked very limited Hanna-Barbera stuff. I can only think of Scooby Doo and Wacky Races that I liked. In the 80s it was already past its prime. How can you compete with the badass IP Hasbro was doing? I feel like the folks who want HB stuff are the same folks who want more dad rock. Folks in the 35-45 range are still young in the pinball demo it seems.

I watched a ton of HB stuff growing up and I'm about as old as you are. There were some new shows in the 80s, but where I lived they seemed package up all the old cartoons and play a ton of reruns of stuff from the 60s and 70s (USA Cartoon Express?). That said, cartoon network played a ton of that stuff through the 90's, and I think spun it off into its own network (Boomerang), so I imagine a lot of people in their 20-30's watched a bunch of the same shows. There is definitely a lot of IP where you could almost make a HB Saturday morning mashup theme if Warner Brothers ever wanted to license it. Kids these days will never know how cool Saturday mornings were in the early 80s. Here is stuff I remember watching and enjoying.

-Flintstones (a great rip off of the Honeymooners)
-Scooby doo (except for scrappy doo)
-Jetsons
-Yogi Bear
-Johnny Quest
-Space Ghost
-Birdman
-The Galaxy Trio
-Mightor
-Atom Ant
-Secret Squirrel
-The Herculoids
-The Fantastic Four
-Super Friends
-Super Globe Trotters
-Hong Kong Phooey
-Grape Ape
-Jabber Jaw
-Smurfs
-Shirt Tales
-Richie Rich
-Snorks
-Pirates of Dark Water (cancelled too soon)

#26714 1 year ago

Theory: Transformers, GI Joe, Turtles, and the other TV/Toy Line franchises changed the game in the mid 80s. I am 40 and while I know every single thing on that list and they are all in the "meh" pile except Dark Water.

edit: I'm not trying to slag the properties, which are almost all objectively good. I do assert that they are moving out of the nostalgia window for the younger members here and don't have the same resonance.

#26715 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My 6 year old knows just about every Tom and Jerry episode out there!

#26716 1 year ago

Pooh, much OT talk here, hard to find the right rumor what the next stern title will be

#26717 1 year ago

I am not advocating it as a pinball theme, but my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoon series was Top Cat. The Flintstones was a parody of The Honeymooners, while Top Cat was based on The Phil Silvers Show. And, yes, I do have the series on DVD (as shown below).
Top Cat (resized).jpgTop Cat (resized).jpg

#26718 1 year ago

Tex Avery was the best! But no cartoon pins for me.

28397170-E580-42AD-AAC2-4CE9FDAE9164 (resized).jpeg28397170-E580-42AD-AAC2-4CE9FDAE9164 (resized).jpeg
#26719 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I am not advocating it as a pinball theme, but my favorite Hanna-Barbera cartoon series was Iop Cat. The Flintstones was a parody of The Honeymooners, while Top Cat was based on The Phil Silvers Show. And, yes, I do have the series on DVD (as shown below).
[quoted image]

Loved this show. It was hilarious.

#26720 1 year ago

How about Animaniacs, helloooooo nurse.

#26721 1 year ago

Stargate SG-1 would be awesome, but I don't think that will ever happen.

Even less likely to happen would be Babylon-5...... ohhh that would be a dream come true.

Battlestar Galactica (2004)?

#26722 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

DeLorean might be back in time for pin release.

And for Back to the Future 4?????

#26723 1 year ago

I heard rumor of a revamp of Ghostbusters on the new spike 2 platform with new assets code named back to the future. Would be awesome.

#26724 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I heard rumor of a revamp of Ghostbusters on the new spike 2 platform with new assets code named back to the future. Would be awesome.

That would be amazing if true.

#26725 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

[quoted image]

Classic indeed!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26726 1 year ago

The idiot in me crosses his fingers for a GB re-release but as "The Real" Ghostbusters (themed after the cartoon).

The music lover in me crosses his fingers for a Queen pinball machine. I was really disappointed in Led Zeppelin.

The horror fan in me wants a Friday the 13th since the lawsuit has finally blown over.

All of that said for the love of god give me a MST3K pin.

#26727 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

The idiot in me crosses his fingers for a GB re-release but as "The Real" Ghostbusters (themed after the cartoon).
The music lover in me crosses his fingers for a Queen pinball machine. I was really disappointed in Led Zeppelin.
The horror fan in me wants a Friday the 13th since the lawsuit has finally blown over.
All of that said for the love of god give me a MST3K pin.

Queen is coming but likely from pinball brothers.

#26728 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Excellent, now all I need is Dio!

#26729 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/09/29/queen-pinball-revealed/

Was hoping Stern would do Queen - can PB do Queen justice?

On proto evidence, the jury is out.

#26730 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

My kids are 25 amd 22 amd the know about Scooby Doo but they hated it. The only SD that was good we’re the originals and some of the movies and the live action movies. The guy there are terrible. Scrappy Doo and the Schmoo and the ones after that blew

Perhaps "Cabin in the Woods," which was kind of an odd parody of Scooby Doo, but a fun movie in its own right, might be a more pinball worthy theme.

#26731 1 year ago

oops - duplicate post

#26732 1 year ago
Quoted from krivoap:

Perhaps "Cabin in the Woods," which was kind of an odd parody of Scooby Doo, but a fun movie in its own right, might be a more pinball worthy theme.

Great movie, with some potential ...

#26733 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/09/29/queen-pinball-revealed/
Was hoping Stern would do Queen - can PB do Queen justice?
On proto evidence, the jury is out.

Proto playfield looks crap, the layout could do with a total redesign.

#26734 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Proto playfield looks crap, the layout could do with a total redesign.

And would prefer classic Queen artwork!

Mirrored backglass like this, and I would be half way there!

_86352291_bohemianrhapsody (resized).jpg_86352291_bohemianrhapsody (resized).jpg
#26735 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#26736 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Very much doubt Stern would ever revisit anything in this day and age, but it sure would be neat to get Insider Connected on GB. Otherwise, I think GB is a perfect game as-is with no need for revisiting.

#26737 1 year ago

Queen would have the potential to be amazing with Freddy in all his splendor and presence. It could be deeep. There would obviously be a Bohemian Rhapsody LE.

#26738 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Queen would have the potential to be amazing with Freddy in all his splendor and presence. It could be deeep. There would obviously be a Bohemian Rhapsody LE.

...but Pinball Brothers is releasing it later this year. So...hooray?

#26739 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

...but Pinball Brothers is releasing it later this year. So...hooray?

I certainly can’t buy one but I would love to see it and play it.

#26740 1 year ago

I heard venom is going to be released next, is that true? What’s the word on the street??

#26741 1 year ago
Quoted from Fsdre:

I heard venom is going to be released next, is that true? What’s the word on the street??

God I hope so, at least then it will be a theme I could care less about!

#26742 1 year ago

Beastie Boys is my dream music theme, been preaching this to my friends at Stern for years. Their music videos are hilarious there's loads of great content to pull from. Still hoping for a BB pin someday.

20220507_144501 (resized).jpg20220507_144501 (resized).jpg
#26743 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Beastie Boys is my dream music theme, been preaching this to my friends at Stern for years. Their music videos are hilarious there's loads of great content to pull from. Still hoping for a BB pin someday.
[quoted image]

It would shatter music pin sales records guaranteed. However I don't trust Stern with that license. That poster is sick btw.

#26744 1 year ago

Which would sell more: Venom, or Cobra Kai that's codenamed Venom?

#26745 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Foo fighters is going to sell more then all of those combined. Just wish it was Borg doing it.

#26746 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Cobra Kai...by a good bit I would bet.

#26747 1 year ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Foo fighters is going to sell more then all of those combined. Just wish it was Borg doing it.

Respectfully disagree. Foofighters just seems like such an off the wall middle of the road theme. I'm 43 for reference.

#26748 1 year ago

J

C5B71C0A-4FC0-41D0-90C2-5578B41FF06B (resized).pngC5B71C0A-4FC0-41D0-90C2-5578B41FF06B (resized).png
#26749 1 year ago

NO Baby Shark! Never get that out of my head!

#26750 1 year ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

NO Baby Shark! Never get that out of my head!

Doo doo doo doo doo doo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 535 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/535 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.