Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 531 of 938.
#26501 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll be super bummed if it’s Eddy/Martinez…that’s Sterns B team all day. Especially don’t like Martinez’s artwork. And no, it’s not his “style” I don’t like. I just think all his work for Stern is total drek. He has a poor understanding of color theory and basic figure drawing. Can’t believe this guy gets work.

Strong rumor that Martinez is doing the art. I like Martinez art in Mando and to a lesser extent SW Comic (the font is funky).

#26502 2 years ago

Absolutely!

Quoted from PinMonk:E.T. 40th is this year. I wonder why this hasn't been done yet? Seems like a slam dunk for the nostalgia market.

#26503 2 years ago

I would love to see Futurama get a pin, the show is coming back so the timing would be right.

#26504 2 years ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I would love to see Futurama get a pin, the show is coming back so the timing would be right.

give me Futurama Pinball Party

#26505 2 years ago

Mando looks like goddamn coloring book art replete with stock crayola colors from the budget 10 set haha. It’s equally as bad as Star Wars…which looks the same. It is lowest common denominator illustration at best. At worst, it’s clown s#it. The fact that this guy can be mentioned in the same breath as Franchi is bonkers.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Strong rumor that Martinez is doing the art. I like Martinez art in Mando and to a lesser extent SW Comic (the font is funky).

#26506 2 years ago

I wish you would share your true feelings! Lol

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Mando looks like goddamn coloring book art replete with stock crayola colors from the budget 10 set haha. It’s equally as bad as Star Wars…which looks the same. It is lowest common denominator illustration at best. At worst, it’s clown s#it. The fact that this guy can be mentioned in the same breath as Franchi is bonkers.

#26507 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I wish you would share your true feelings! Lol

I think he removed his lips from Franchi's ass long enough to do so?

#26508 2 years ago

Honestly I’m not even a Franchi super fan and there are other artists outside the pinball sphere that I think out do him BUT he is head and shoulders a better visual artist than Martinez any day of the week. It’s not preference of style, it’s the near perfect execution of all of the rudimentary concepts in illustration. Figure drawing, composition, color theory, handling of light, dynamics, typography etc etc etc He checks all the boxes and he is highly regarded for a reason.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think he removed his lips from Franchi's ass long enough to do so?

#26509 2 years ago

Isn't Martinez the guy who did such an amazing job touching up a thousand year old painting of Jesus a few years back?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/382/829/e81.jpg

potato jesus (resized).pngpotato jesus (resized).png
#26510 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Mando looks like goddamn coloring book art replete with stock crayola colors from the budget 10 set haha. It’s equally as bad as Star Wars…which looks the same. It is lowest common denominator illustration at best. At worst, it’s clown s#it. The fact that this guy can be mentioned in the same breath as Franchi is bonkers.

I’d take a mando le art over any other LE art package released lately. The mirrored glass and armor make it all look amazing. The only LE I haven’t sold in the craziness and it’s mainly because the art is so unique to prem/pro. Everyone else just did the le a different variation that looked similar for each model. Munsters was probably the next closest to provide some major differences

#26511 2 years ago

Mando art was beautifully done, and I’m not even a fan of the game or the show. I agree the LE is stunning to look at.

#26512 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Has anyone else heard it's Eddy on Jaws (not Elwin)? Martinez said he enjoyed working with Eddy and wants to again...
[quoted image]

Haven’t heard anything but I literally just told my wife about the Jaws rumors on the way to the grocery store today. I told her if it’s Elwin and Yeti we will have to do whatever it takes to get one. She said what if you don’t like the game? I said, trust me, if they do it, it will be amazing. I have nothing against Eddy, I was initially very interested in Mando, I liked how it shot and it’s a very good looking game so I think Martinez did a nice job, especially the cabinet art.
The deal killer for me on that game was the 3 main multiballs being started all in the up the middle razor crest shot, just requiring a different number of shots to start them.
Is the mini wizard for all 3 multiballs another multiball and is it started the same way with more up the middle shots? It’s been while since I played it last.
Comparing that to Jurassic Park, I need to hit the Raptor pen targets then the lock shot, then the targets again then the lock shot to start that one. I need to hit all the letters in CHAOS then the in between the pops target to start that one, I need to hit the truck then the left ramp with the option of hitting other shots first to increase my starting value for T Rex multiball. Those I would call the 3 main multiballs for JP, there are more still and each one is started in a unique way.
No matter who does it Jaws will probably eventually end up in my collection as it’s a
Top 5 theme for me.

#26513 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly I’m not even a Franchi super fan and there are other artists outside the pinball sphere that I think out do him BUT he is head and shoulders a better visual artist than Martinez any day of the week. It’s not preference of style, it’s the near perfect execution of all of the rudimentary concepts in illustration. Figure drawing, composition, color theory, handling of light, dynamics, typography etc etc etc He checks all the boxes and he is highly regarded for a reason.

It must get exhausting being such an expert on so many topics.

#26514 2 years ago
Quoted from Mravic:

LOL. I HAD TO LAUGH ON THIS ONE.

#26515 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really like Mando, beautiful art IMO - Not sure what your alternative would be?

#26516 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

HD-wallpaper-mando-and-baby-yoda-art-baby-yoda-crayon-art-drawing-drawings-mandalorian-star-wars-star-wars-art-the-mandalorian-yHD-wallpaper-mando-and-baby-yoda-art-baby-yoda-crayon-art-drawing-drawings-mandalorian-star-wars-star-wars-art-the-mandalorian-y
#26517 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd hope there'd be plenty of cool possibilities for mods in a Priest pin.

Not my cup of tea , but you could have either a confessional or the Vatican for lock balls .
One of those tiny Bibles and biscuits and wine they hand out . You would have to have a Pope mobile and some priest reading material

[Removed]

#26518 2 years ago

No, not really but thanks for your concern.

Quoted from Mravic:

#26519 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Agree... Mando LE cabinet art, armor and backglass are one of my favorite art packages in pinball. I like the playfield too to a slightly lesser extent.

Guess it pays to not be effluent in "rules" of art.

#26520 2 years ago

The next Stern pin could be AC/DC premium again, just so that I can have another shot buying one.

Man are they unobtainium without paying an arm and a leg today.

#26521 2 years ago

As they always say “you’ve got to learn the rules in order to break them”. Martinez has not learned the rules. It’s fine, coloring books are cool. Just not really $7k cool.

Quoted from Purdue:

Agree... Mando LE cabinet art, armor and backglass are one of my favorite art packages in pinball. I like the playfield too to a slightly lesser extent.
Guess it pays to not be effluent in "rules" of art.

#26522 2 years ago

How about a war theme?
American Revolution (may not sell well in UK)
Johnny Reb (may not sell well in PA)
World War II (may not sell well in Germany)

hmm...nevermind.

#26523 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

hmm...nevermind.

War of 1812 if off the list then! Lol

#26524 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

How about a war theme?
hmm...nevermind.

If they're doing a war theme, making it Call of Duty would juice sales immensely. Huge brand recognition, and they could choose from a number of eras. Assassins Creed theme would also have a lot of potential (the good ones, not the bad installments like the lame Viking one).

#26525 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

The next Stern pin could be AC/DC premium again, just so that I can have another shot buying one.
Man are they unobtainium without paying an arm and a leg today.

AC/DC prices are out of control

#26526 2 years ago

OP, are you keeping names of next August Stern pins that seem to be the most popular one thus far? Maybe a list we could go back to in some key post..

#26527 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

How about a war theme?
hmm...nevermind.

War Of The World's perhaps?

#26528 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Probably justified for such a legendary rock band and pinball machine. One of Steve Ritchie’s best, for sure. Mine is bolted down!

4CC593AB-5CCA-4F5C-9471-CBE479B30AFA (resized).jpeg4CC593AB-5CCA-4F5C-9471-CBE479B30AFA (resized).jpeg8304BCF9-C3A2-4F6B-8C65-3F7D461E8F0F (resized).jpeg8304BCF9-C3A2-4F6B-8C65-3F7D461E8F0F (resized).jpegFE983405-113A-4558-8A2F-78CB90897697 (resized).jpegFE983405-113A-4558-8A2F-78CB90897697 (resized).jpeg

#26529 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

OP, are you keeping names of next August Stern pins that seem to be the most popular one thus far? Maybe a list we could go back to in some key post..

Almost everything form A to Z under the sun has been named . I would say Jaws is a safe bet.

#26530 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

The game is so awesome and adding Shoot to Thrill, Dirty Deeds, Long way to the Top, and Money Talks really make that bitch rock and pin!!!!!

#26531 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Tell me about it. I've been wanting one forever but never pulled the trigger because there was always one available in a location or by friends or something. I had enough machines at home. But with time I've moved twice and reduced the collection and still ended up wanting it.

For a long time they were around 6000-6500 euro. I was even looking at buying a NIB vault Luci in mid 2019, still in stock. Failed once again to pull the trigger.

Now? Fogettaboutit

#26532 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Probably justified for such a legendary rock band and pinball machine. One of Steve Ritchie’s best, for sure. Mine is bolted down!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. I would bolt it also. I'm sure they could sell thousands more!

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The game is so awesome and adding Shoot to Thrill, Dirty Deeds, Long way to the Top, and Money Talks really make that bitch rock and pin!!!!!

Quoted from aerobert:

Tell me about it. I've been wanting one forever but never pulled the trigger because there was always one available in a location or by friends or something. I had enough machines at home. But with time I've moved twice and reduced the collection and still ended up wanting it.
For a long time they were around 6000-6500 euro. I was even looking at buying a NIB vault Luci in mid 2019, still in stock. Failed once again to pull the trigger.
Now? Fogettaboutit

I'll keep hunting for one. It would look so good next to my Rush and LZ.

#26533 1 year ago

The next 3 that need to be made :
1. AC/DC vault
2. Futurama
3. Judas Priest , Screaming for Vengeance

#26534 1 year ago

AC/DC is a blast to play. Great layout, music and rules.

#26535 1 year ago

Never watched too much Futurama, but it's definitely a pin I'd be interested in buying.

#26536 1 year ago
Quoted from hAbO:

AC/DC is a blast to play. Great layout, music and rules.

I thought I'd miss my Luci, and I really don't at all. The entire game is building up a Song JP and cashing in with 2x or 3x bell going. There's no other way to blow up a score IMHO.

I mean, you can also try to play all the songs to get to Encore, which is very wood-choppy along the way (and objectively impossible). Game really could've used some mini-wizards to help break things up.

Great F'ing looker though. I think I liked looking at the game more than playing it by the end. But if one fell in my lap for a reasonable price, I honestly think I'd spend the money on a different title right now. It was just too much of a one-trick scoring pony (albeit with a shit ton of features and mechs).

#26537 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I thought I'd miss my Luci, and I really don't at all. The entire game is building up a Song JP and cashing in with 2x or 3x bell going. There's no other way to blow up a score IMHO.
I mean, you can also try to play all the songs to get to Encore, which is very wood-choppy along the way (and objectively impossible). Game really could've used some mini-wizards to help break things up.
Great F'ing looker though. I think I liked looking at the game more than playing it by the end. But if one fell in my lap for a reasonable price, I honestly think I'd spend the money on a different title right now. It was just too much of a one-trick scoring pony (albeit with a shit ton of features and mechs).

I wish Lyman had a chance to circle back on AC/DC one last time. He was the GOAT. I still love it and playing it makes me feel good. Love the MikeD mod and added concert footage, music videos and girls dancing around doing stuff to mix it up.

People gripe a little bout Dad Rock bands but I'd looooove to see MegaDeth, SevenDust or Disturbed pin at some point. Something that would blow your balls off.

#26538 1 year ago

Yeah megadeth would be great

#26539 1 year ago

My top 3 wishlist:

Ozzy/Black Sabbath
James Bond
Motley Crue

1CAC13FF-DC2A-4D4F-85D7-F31AA0D264A7 (resized).jpeg1CAC13FF-DC2A-4D4F-85D7-F31AA0D264A7 (resized).jpeg
#26540 1 year ago

Next Stern pin: Fender Stratocaster All-Stars, featuring one song each by various Strat guitarists, like:

Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits with Sultans of Swing
Hank Marvin of the Shadows with Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt
Don Wilson of the Ventures with Walk, Don't Run
Eric Clapton of Derek and the Dominos with Layla
Jim Fuller of the Surfaris with Wipe Out
Buddy Guy with Stone Crazy
plus Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, David Gilmour
Stratocaster translite (resized).jpgStratocaster translite (resized).jpg

#26541 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The next 3 that need to be made :
1. AC/DC vault
2. Futurama
3. Judas Priest , Screaming for Vengeance

Would be really cool if they started doing vaults of their current rock pins in the Spike 2 with the screen. Add some video and update the code a bit and it would be sweet. AC/DC, Kiss and Metallica done that way would be cool.

Some one hit wonder/best of pins would be cool vice one singular band. They could call it the K-Tel pin. LOL

#26542 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Would be really cool if they started doing vaults of their current rock pins in the Spike 2 with the screen. Add some video and update the code a bit and it would be sweet. AC/DC, Kiss and Metallica done that way would be cool.
Some one hit wonder/best of pins would be cool vice one singular band. They could call it the K-Tel pin. LOL

NOW - THAT'S WHAT I CALL PINBALL 46

#26543 1 year ago

HUGE BARF .

Quoted from littlecammi:

Next Stern pin: Fender Stratocaster All-Stars, featuring one song each by various Strat guitarists, like:
Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits with Sultans of Swing
Hank Marvin of the Shadows with Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt
Don Wilson of the Ventures with Walk, Don't Run
Eric Clapton of Derek and the Dominos with Layla
Jim Fuller of the Surfaris with Wipe Out
Buddy Guy with Stone Crazy
plus Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jeff Beck, David Gilmour
[quoted image]

#26544 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220418-153849_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-153849_Instagram (resized).jpg
#26545 1 year ago
AA27AE61-7169-465E-AAC7-27605DF172BC (resized).jpegAA27AE61-7169-465E-AAC7-27605DF172BC (resized).jpeg
#26546 1 year ago

Live Aid '85....prior to taking the stage at RFK and not haven't seen or talked to one another for 5 and a half years. ?????

#26547 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Not that I would want it to only be based off one album, but FF did try for some thematic/story-based elements with Sonic Highways. That could serve as maybe a jumping off point for a more thorough gameplay design. I like the band enough that even if they went with the Zeppelin-esque "Go on tour!" gameplay style I'd likely buy.
For those concerned about not enough songs, I humbly submit:
I'll Stick Around
This Is A Call
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Everlong
Wind Up
Enough Space
Stacked Actors (!!!)
Breakout
All My Life
Low
Times Like These
No Way Back
DOA
The Pretender
Long Road To Ruin
Bridge Burning
Rope
White Limo (!!!)
Arlandria
The Feast and the Famine
Congregation
Run
The Sky Is A Neighborhood
Cloudspotter
Holding Poison
And I left out a couple of the lesser/slower hits. Count me in on a Foos pin if/when it ever happens (unless it's just a LZ Pro knockoff).

I like the foo fighters. Not a huge fan, but I do like a number of their songs. And you left out their best ones. The ones you listed I just don't see them making a pin from those. No real standouts for me. And even the ones I listed which I think are their best ones don't really make a pin either.

Wheels
Learn to fly
Something from Nothing
Big Me
Long Road To Ruin
Making A Fire
Times Like These
Darling Nikki

#26548 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderwolf:

I like the foo fighters. Not a huge fan, but I do like a number of their songs. And you left out their best ones. The ones you listed I just don't see them making a pin from those. No real standouts for me. And even the ones I listed which I think are their best ones don't really make a pin either.
Wheels
Learn to fly
Something from Nothing
Big Me
Long Road To Ruin
Making A Fire
Times Like These
Darling Nikki

How did you both leave out “Best of you”?

#26549 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

How did you both leave out “Best of you”?

Or "Hero"?

#26550 1 year ago

My top 5 theme wants would be:

Weird Al
Star Wars
Star Trek
Jurassic Park
Harry Potter

Thank you pinball manufacturers for making that happen. Harry Potter is the last one left. Make it happen Stern!

Not that there are not other awesome pins and themes out there. Just pointing out they have almost met my dream theme list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 531 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/531?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.