balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 923.
#26401 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Just a hunch. But Jacks next game will be a cornerstone. He’s definitely not trapped in home pin land.

Thanks God. Please give a warning, like "This is a hunch" and go from there. Could you imagine, Foo Fighters for real.

#26402 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

780,000 years.. So there's a chance!

Mention an off topic post and those in power will be here in an instant to assist ☺️

#26403 1 year ago

Wait….so no Venom from Stern or is it another Disney/Star War/Marvel tittle like Andor or What if…?

#26404 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Wait….so no Venom from Stern or is it another Disney/Star War/Marvel tittle like Andor or What if…?

Yeah, Venom sure could be an option.. I think we probably won't see another Star Wars title for a while.

#26405 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Stern’s sucked most of the marrow out of that Marvel bone. It’d be nice to see more streaming (GOT / TWD / STH), but I know those haven’t been the best licenses.

#26406 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Stern’s sucked most of the marrow out of that Marvel bone. It’d be nice to see more streaming (GOT / TWD / STH), but I know those haven’t been the best licenses.

I think that was Disney not Stern. Other than Dr Strange and maybe Thor, not much else Marvel I care to see.

#26407 1 year ago

Unfortunately there are many many more Marvel licenses that could successfully be implemented by Stern. Even though we are sick of superheroes. Fantastic Four, Venom, Ghostrider, Moonknight, Blade, X-men animated series, Daredevil, punisher….ugh. Kill me.

X-men animated would be a bop tho haha

Quoted from radium:

I think that was Disney not Stern. Other than Dr Strange and maybe Thor, not much else Marvel I care to see.

#26408 1 year ago

I threw Foo fighters out there.
I bet it will happen and it will be huge.
So would Mötley Crüe and Van Halen
I also mentioned
The Incredibles
Minions
Monsters Inc.
Smoking and the bandit
The banana splits
The Dukes of Hazzard
Speed Racer Definitely should’ve been made at one point by now
Happy Gilmore would’ve been a great machine

Don’t know why people down Rush?
The Machine is incredible!

I’m liking The back to the future ideas
James Bond
Jaws
Top gun

So many great theme ideas out there which is good for the Pinball Machines to come

#26409 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Say what you will about dimpling, ripples, etc, that people have issues with on their NIB machines, Stern's playfields still hold up surprisingly well under heavy use. My GOTG pro was routed and had these beauties in it when I picked it up. It was inside a laundromat and you would think this thing needed its own lint trap. When I got it you couldn't see all of star lords head between the flippers, it was just a brownish mass. It had ball trails and grime all around the orbit. A little bit of Novus 2 and an hour of cleaning and the playfield looks beautiful.
[quoted image]

I'm inclined to think a layer of grime actually protects the playfield

#26410 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I'm inclined to think a layer of grime actually protects the playfield

That’s definitely been true for some older games I’ve picked up. My Embryon had a beautiful playfield under all the grime. Bally’s “TuffCoat” seems to have held up really well.

#26411 1 year ago

I know they wouldn’t do another music pin right after rush but what about a Def Leppard pin?! That it Motley Crue would take my money immediately and I typically don’t like music pins (even bands I like) I hope guns and roses by JJP was a rude awakening to stern about how beautiful and fun a music pin could be. It’s not perfect but that’s the first music pin to really blow me away, not my favorite pin but definitely the most beautiful…the playfield and light show just mind blowing

#26412 1 year ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Smoking and the bandit

Smokey and the bandit would be so much fun if they got full assets. That game would be hilarious. I’m just afraid it wouldn’t have the immediate attraction and huge fan base stern looks for. Not to mention they would have to be ok with it going PG and I don’t think they would go for that either. Deadpool definitely suffered from that same problem in my opinion. I wish they would implement an extra switch in the back on some games for adult only and family friendly modes like they’ve done in the past with South Park ect.

#26413 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got your order. I need to make more munsters brackets, but it should ship out by monday. Thanks!

Sounds great

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Unfortunately there are many many more Marvel licenses that could successfully be implemented by Stern. Even though we are sick of superheroes. Fantastic Four, Venom, Ghostrider, Moonknight, Blade, X-men animated series, Daredevil, punisher….ugh. Kill me.

Oh yeah a FANTASTIC FOUR pin if done right would be great.

#26414 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Really depends on the machine and run. Some are very bad most are at least okay. Occasionally you get a very nice one that is more like the pre-2010 Stern playfields.

When buying a routed machine, I get positively giddy when I see one with a playfield caked in black because I know it's been accidentally protected and will look awesome once it has some attention given to it.

not always, if left long enough the grime will dig into the clear and actually grind it off.

#26415 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I know they wouldn’t do another music pin right after rush but what about a Def Leppard pin?! That it Motley Crue would take my money immediately and I typically don’t like music pins (even bands I like) I hope guns and roses by JJP was a rude awakening to stern about how beautiful and fun a music pin could be. It’s not perfect but that’s the first music pin to really blow me away, not my favorite pin but definitely the most beautiful…the playfield and light show just mind blowing

Unfortunately, it wasnt. Both LZ and Rush are let downs. IMO.

#26416 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would much rather have any of these marvel themes than the lame rock music pins that stern has been putting out lately. Iron Madan being the only fun one out of the bunch. Please no more dad rock pins.

#26417 1 year ago

Better bands, less marvel. That is my wish.

Quoted from alpo3744:

I would much rather have any of these marvel themes than the lame rock music pins that stern has been putting out lately. Iron Madan being the only fun one out of the bunch. Please no more dad rock pins.

#26418 1 year ago
Quoted from alpo3744:

Again, rock pins sell and Gen X can’t get enough. You have to know your customer base if you want to stay in business.

#26419 1 year ago

I just had some exposure to Dragonfist and realized Bruce Lee could certainly get the Elwin/Godzilla treatment.

#26420 1 year ago

Seems like there are going to be more Disney pins, including Marvel, and more Rock pins for the foreseeable future. But some other IP in there as well.

#26421 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

Seems like there are going to be more Disney pins

Count me in!!!

20220401_224313 (resized).jpg20220401_224313 (resized).jpg
#26422 1 year ago
Quoted from shanksfornothin:

I know they wouldn’t do another music pin right after rush but what about a Def Leppard pin?!

Drum solo mode where you could only use the right flipper. Classic.

#26423 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Better bands, less marvel. That is my wish.

What if no band, no Marvel, no movie. And you only get one pick, what would it be?

#26424 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Sounds great

Oh yeah a FANTASTIC FOUR pin if done right would be great.

people are not yet tired of comics super heros pins? :/
Specially non charismatic ones like the fantastic 4....
There is way better stuff than Marvel and DC, etc...

#26425 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

No more Marvel or DC you say?
révolution-française-french-revolution.gifrévolution-française-french-revolution.gif

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26426 1 year ago

I know that isn't Monty Python, but a Holy Grail pin would be awesome.

#26427 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

What if no band, no Marvel, no movie. And you only get one pick, what would it be?

I'd like a exaggerated reality based game........ "Gary Stern vs The World"

A factory style pf, where you are trying to keep the business afloat and gather enough parts to get pins out the door (collecting cash and fame along the way).

Big animated Gary bash toy with comical wild doc Brown style hair and a Metallica style grin........ a wild Gary.

Put some funny callouts from every important pin person in the industry..... all driving Gary nuts with jokes galore. Sounds from every pin they've ever made, progress from the Sega takeover to present. All the problems and action from every era of Stern revisited.
Revisit all the best toys/mechs Stern has made over the years (rethemed of course - or maybe not).

It'd be a blast.

#26428 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

No more Marvel or DC you say?
[quoted image]

hahahahah
I would prefer a He-Man , a Thunder Cats, Dark Souls, than another marvel or DC,
and believe me i have tons of old comics at home, i was buying all the comics from the age of 9 to the age of 17

#26429 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

I'm down with more Marvel. Love those pins. I own X-Men, and have AIQ and Deadpool on the way. I love to play Iron Man and Spider-Man, and might try to get one of those again in the future.

The rumored Brian Eddy Venom pin sounds like it could be really fun.

I'd love a multiverse pin - whether Spider-Man, Loki or Dr. Strange. Really could be great. It'd be cool if they switched up the designers and had Jack Danger do a Marvel pin.

#26430 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

I know that isn't Monty Python, but a Holy Grail pin would be awesome.

I'd like to see what could be done with a Monty Python pin. There is a lot of Python-esque callouts in Medieval Madness . A Holy Grail pin would have to differentiate itself from that.

#26431 1 year ago

UTOPIA! The US version. Would make an INCREDIBLE pin. If you havnt seen the show I highly recommend! It went way under the radar because of Covid. If you watch you’ll see why. A crying shame it wasn’t renewed for the full three season run. But S01 alone would carry a pin easily.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

6CE0D238-ED7B-42B8-8E85-9B2D785B0159 (resized).jpeg6CE0D238-ED7B-42B8-8E85-9B2D785B0159 (resized).jpeg

#26432 1 year ago

Only movie I’ve wanted to see in last couple years.

#26433 1 year ago

Themes that started as graphic novels (comics), were released as a movie or streaming, and then became pins:

The Walking Dead
Deadpool

What have I missed, and what could be next? American Gods? Sweet Tooth?

#26434 1 year ago

This is coming soon. Would love to see Sandman as a pin someday.

Quoted from swampfire:

Themes that started as graphic novels (comics), were released as a movie or streaming, and then became pins:
The Walking Dead
Deadpool
What have I missed, and what could be next? American Gods? Sweet Tooth?

32EC5FCC-806B-41A9-AF5D-48E18EDE75A5 (resized).png32EC5FCC-806B-41A9-AF5D-48E18EDE75A5 (resized).png
#26435 1 year ago

Family friendly, tons of callouts, and possible lots of fun modes/toys: the Muppet Show

#26436 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

Family friendly, tons of callouts, and possible lots of fun modes/toys: the Muppet Show

a43b6e75-4869-4239-9cfc-593c217caffb.gifa43b6e75-4869-4239-9cfc-593c217caffb.gif
I did love the grumpy guys..!

#26437 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Twin Peaks!

#26438 1 year ago

Twin Peaks the restaurant?

#26439 1 year ago

Just remember feeling uneasy when I first watched it..! Lol

#26440 1 year ago
Quoted from sandro:

JJP had the license. I don't think they're doing it anymore, but maybe they will.

#26441 1 year ago

It has to be a Lynch-inspired take on pinball. The playfield is mounted in a spherical cabinet, the pinball itself is a gelatinous ball of creamed corn in a "Tide Pod" wrapper, and instead of playing for a replay score threshold, you're playing to stop the machine from screaming in Latin and shutting down for a twenty minute cool-off between games. The subsequent play is the same mechanics as the initial play but completely in reverse.

Also, occasionally all of the lights shut off and paid actors come out from behind the machine dressed as the woodsmen and harass you for a bit while "the main one" recites his radio poem. After a few moments, the lights come up and everything is "normal".

In all seriousness, I could totally see Spooky doing a general "David Lynch" machine. He seems like the kind of guy that could appreciate the kookiness of the idea.

#26442 1 year ago

I don't need no downvotes, lol, but how about.. a Baba Yaga? There's lots of material and some great music to exploit by now in the John Wick saga..
John-Wick (resized).jpgJohn-Wick (resized).jpg

#26443 1 year ago

And the best comment award goes tooooo…

Quoted from aamauzy:

It has to be a Lynch-inspired take on pinball. The playfield is mounted in a spherical cabinet, the pinball itself is a gelatinous ball of creamed corn in a "Tide Pod" wrapper, and instead of playing for a replay score threshold, you're playing to stop the machine from screaming in Latin and shutting down for a twenty minute cool-off between games. The subsequent play is the same mechanics as the initial play but completely in reverse.
Also, occasionally all of the lights shut off and paid actors come out from behind the machine dressed as the woodsmen and harass you for a bit while "the main one" recites his radio poem. After a few moments, the lights come up and everything is "normal".
In all seriousness, I could totally see Spooky doing a general "David Lynch" machine. He seems like the kind of guy that could appreciate the kookiness of the idea.

#26444 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I don't need no downvotes, lol, but how about.. a Baba Yaga? There's lots of material and some great music to exploit by now in the John Wick saga..
[quoted image]

A comic version would be epic.

#26445 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I just watched Jaws for the 900th time but I think it had been at least 25 years since I saw it last… still holds up well, of course it is dated but they did an excellent job. It is a good classic let’s say.
I dont know how well it will translate into a modern pinball sonce there isnt really a lot to go off rules wise, but it can be fun I think.

A JAWS would be the only thing to maybe make me think about getting rid of my Iron Maiden.

#26446 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

A JAWS would be the only thing to maybe make me think about getting rid of my Iron Maiden.

high-praise.gifhigh-praise.gif
#26447 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

I’m not a huge fan of any band on any of the music pins, but I like the game if it is a good pinball machine. I don’t know shit about Iron Maiden but I really want one.
Also… I don’t love castles but I love medieval madness. I’ve never seen Flash Gordon but I own the pin. Don’t like Blue Oyster Cult but I sing right along playing Godzilla and love it. I’m not an Elvira fan but… you get the point.
Interesting to me that most people are adamant that music pins can only work with very specific bands THEY like.

Forgive me for saying this, but they are kind of all dad bands.

#26448 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Forgive me for saying this, but they are kind of all dad bands.

No forgiveness for you BriannaWu !

#26449 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

No forgiveness for you BriannaWu !

I apologize. I shall play 10 credits of Led Zepplin as penance, which really is the best of the music pins.

#26450 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I apologize. I play 10 credits of Led Zepplin as penance, which really is the best of the music pins.

Iron Maiden wants a word.

But I do agree with you in principle, there probably needs to be larger diversity in music pins.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Led
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 46,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 529 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/529?hl=poopsmagee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.