vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 525 of 941.
#26201 2 years ago

Have it on prettttty good authority that Sterns next pin is "Oscars Slap" (Pictured below)

Slap Happy Edition (Basic) $8999 - Ice pack on cheek Topper
Fresh Prince Limited Edition $10,999 - Carlton shooter rod
GI Jane 2 Collectors Edition $16,000 - Bald as a pinball

Oscars Slap Pinball (resized).jpgOscars Slap Pinball (resized).jpg
#26202 2 years ago

I’d get Bobbi to sign mine.

#26203 2 years ago

Not too many pins are “adult” themed.

#26204 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

TMNT is an excellent game and in a room with some of the best and most recent sterns including Godzilla Deadpool Stranger Things Jurassic Park Etc it out earns them ALL every single week. So…in my eyes…as an operator…yeah, it’s a hit.

For an operator tmnt sells but I’m wondering in home setting if I should get one. I have most the top games and it scares me this pin is sold so much and doesn’t sell for premium normally a lose used. Le is not crazy expensive like others. Love tmnt growing up. Pro tmnt only lasted 6 months at my local bowling alley bf he got rid of it.

#26205 2 years ago
Quoted from Spatacuulous:

Have it on prettttty good authority that Sterns next pin is "Oscars Slap" (Pictured below)
Slap Happy Edition (Basic) $8999 - Ice pack on cheek Topper
Fresh Prince Limited Edition $10,999 - Carlton shooter rod
GI Jane 2 Collectors Edition $16,000 - Bald as a pinball
[quoted image]

Slap save the ball. Kind of wish this would blow over. It’s everywhere

#26206 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

For an operator tmnt sells but I’m wondering in home setting if I should get one. I have most the top games and it scares me this pin is sold so much and doesn’t sell for premium normally a lose used. Le is not crazy expensive like others. Love tmnt growing up. Pro tmnt only lasted 6 months at my local bowling alley bf he got rid of it.

I had one. It’s great but it’s tough. I traded mine for an AIQ after 18 months or so

#26207 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I had one. It’s great but it’s tough. I traded mine for an AIQ after 18 months or so

I have a aiq premium coming in a few weeks. Prob better.

#26208 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Play it before you buy it. Dream theme for me so I went LE. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to get into it like other games, it just hasn’t clicked with me.

#26209 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

For an operator tmnt sells but I’m wondering in home setting if I should get one. I have most the top games and it scares me this pin is sold so much and doesn’t sell for premium normally a lose used.

As a pin owner for almost 30 years, I think the recent price action is abnormal. While the market has changed radically in 30 years, the idea that *every* used game sells for a profit is untenable. Some games become classics and end up with ever rising prices. Other games have to be “less” desirable to some buyers —those games end up with a smaller audience and prices should reflect that.

I’m a child of the late-70s, I’m probably at the older end of buyers for a TMNT pin, but my kids range from 6-21. It’s a theme that doesn’t resonate with my family. If it was a great pin, we might buy it anyway (I’m looking at you Godzilla). But maybe it’s just a somewhat better-than-average pin in an age with some excellent alternatives.

#26210 2 years ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

He-Man would be cool. Castle Grayskull toy like MM. [quoted image]

this! <3

#26211 2 years ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

He-Man would be cool. Castle Grayskull toy like MM. [quoted image]

Uhh... so you’re attacking Castle Grayskull? Do you play as Skeletor then?

#26212 2 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

As a pin owner for almost 30 years, I think the recent price action is abnormal. While the market has changed radically in 30 years, the idea that *every* used game sells for a profit is untenable. Some games become classics and end up with ever rising prices. Other games have to be “less” desirable to some buyers —those games end up with a smaller audience and prices should reflect that.
I’m a child of the late-70s, I’m probably at the older end of buyers for a TMNT pin, but my kids range from 6-21. It’s a theme that doesn’t resonate with my family. If it was a great pin, we might buy it anyway (I’m looking at you Godzilla). But maybe it’s just a somewhat better-than-average pin in an age with some excellent alternatives.

Intriguing line of thought. So all the hype about having to have a licensed theme may make some games undesirable once the themes become stale, or the movie unpopular, or the band irrelevant.
Perhaps a General Hospital theme would be good. been going strong since 1963 and showing no sighs of ever going off the air.
Deadpool will be forgotten in 10 years. Sopranos has already faded...as good as the machine is...it's stale.

#26213 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

I love the tmnt theme and really really wanted to live the game. Of 7 sterns, Tmnt was the only stern game I’ve moved on. I think for me it was just the imbalance of scoring and not much strategy on the game. From a scoring perspective it seemed to boil down to get a multiball going and score a poop ton - yet I’m still not sure what I did in some of those multi balls to score a poop ton. Tmnt truly needs a major code overhaul, and with it I’m sure I’d want the game back…but not until then.

#26214 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

There was always an attempt by Skeletor to take over Castle Grayskull so you could play as He-Man trying to attack the castle and get Skeletor out of it.

#26215 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Announced today!
[quoted image]

It’s about time!

A018A221-5EDB-4213-A0E7-66E274774E22 (resized).jpegA018A221-5EDB-4213-A0E7-66E274774E22 (resized).jpeg
#26216 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

I love the tmnt theme and really really wanted to live the game. Of 7 sterns, Tmnt was the only stern game I’ve moved on. I think for me it was just the imbalance of scoring and not much strategy on the game. From a scoring perspective it seemed to boil down to get a multiball going and score a poop ton - yet I’m still not sure what I did in some of those multi balls to score a poop ton. Tmnt truly needs a major code overhaul, and with it I’m sure I’d want the game back…but not until then.

I got a TMNT pro at the same time I purchased a TSPP, which were my first pins. TSPP was first in my radar so basically played that for a few months straight with only a few turtles games sprinkled in, mainly because TMNT was so brutal at first. Then I got a LZ as my 3rd pin and exclusively played that for a while until it was out of commission so then gave TMNT some love. Slowly learned the shots and started to get in the groove but then got an LOTR and it’s been that and LZ that get played the most now. I think I’m hanging onto TMNT for the nostalgia but it definitely gets the least attention right now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26217 2 years ago

People hate this game cause it’s hard. I LOVE IT because it’s hard. Perfect home game. Hard to master and great depth and width of code and rule set. Severely underrated. If you’re the type to just slap around for fun, forget it. But if you’re the type to read and understand the rules, strategize and play for completion. Great f’n game.

Quoted from beltking:

#26218 2 years ago
Quoted from aFineMoose:

It’s about time! [ The Chateau ]

French re-theme of The Shadow pin? Did you make that translite image from Lite-Brites?
Lite-Brite (resized).jpegLite-Brite (resized).jpeg

#26219 2 years ago

Just saying.... Would bridge the GAP between Dad Rock and 90's Rock.

Disturbed (resized).jpgDisturbed (resized).jpg
#26220 2 years ago

Just get it over with and do PANTERA!
Vulgar display of power!

#26221 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Intriguing line of thought. So all the hype about having to have a licensed theme may make some games undesirable once the themes become stale, or the movie unpopular, or the band irrelevant.

Funny, I never said anything of the sort. I said some pins become classics, I didn’t associate it to the theme. TAF is a classic, and I’d argue many who like it (including me), barely remember the movie and might not have ever really watched the show. I know that I wasn’t interested in the theme per se, but for its era it was definitely one of the most memorable pins.

Similarly, some pins don’t achieve classic status even with the support of a desirable theme. How many Star Wars pins have there been? How many went on to achieve classic status? I love Star Wars, but I’ve never really wanted to own any of the pins. I’m a serious Beatles fan, but the current Stern pin didn’t do it for me, ditto LZ.

I’m pretty sure the really classic pins are great playing pins that do a great job of incorporating their theme. Some themes make this easier, but I feel that good game play and good theme integration might be much more important than the theme itself. :shrug:

#26222 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

People hate this game cause it’s hard. I LOVE IT because it’s hard. Perfect home game. Hard to master and great depth and width of code and rule set. Severely underrated. If you’re the type to just slap around for fun, forget it. But if you’re the type to read and understand the rules, strategize and play for completion. Great f’n game.

I don’t think tmnt is that hard. I never really had many unearned stdm or outlanes. Once you’ve dialed in your shots it’s quite “easy”. JP2 is hard. And I guess I mean, I can see almost all of tmnt every game and my scores will vary wildly even though it seems I played a similar game - but JP2 I can have games where I play different strategies and see way different things each game and it’s “hard” to accomplish it all or a damn good chunk of it in a game. And in JP2 my scores are not 12x different when I played a “similar” game…

Or let me put it this way:
I can play a single ball in one multiball mode and have a 10x higher score than a game where I play 7 episodes and 3 multiball modes (and a few hurry ups, foots, krangs and pizza eating). And I’ve seen most of the game in the latter except the last episode, final battle MB and maybe the ultimate wizard MB.

That very common juxtaposition in TMNT just didn’t make sense to me and the game just didn’t have staying power. But I loved the artwork and theme and it still wasn’t that hard to let it go from the collection. However, my 6yo daughter gave me a hard time for letting it go as she loved choosing her turtle. Oops.

Sorry - this is not the TMNT review thread…

Back to really programming.

#26223 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I got your order. I need to make more munsters brackets, but it should ship out by monday. Thanks!

Sounds great thanks so much for hollering back at me.

#26224 2 years ago

Another great pin I would love would be Bloodsport . Great bosses, Great music. So much potential!

9022A0E1-591E-406A-A3BC-2425D9ECF2BC (resized).jpeg9022A0E1-591E-406A-A3BC-2425D9ECF2BC (resized).jpeg
#26225 2 years ago
Quoted from sandro:

Funny, I never said anything of the sort. I said some pins become classics, I didn’t associate it to the theme. TAF is a classic, and I’d argue many who like it (including me), barely remember the movie and might not have ever really watched the show. I know that I wasn’t interested in the theme per se, but for its era it was definitely one of the most memorable pins.
Similarly, some pins don’t achieve classic status even with the support of a desirable theme. How many Star Wars pins have there been? How many went on to achieve classic status? I love Star Wars, but I’ve never really wanted to own any of the pins. I’m a serious Beatles fan, but the current Stern pin didn’t do it for me, ditto LZ.
I’m pretty sure the really classic pins are great playing pins that do a great job of incorporating their theme. Some themes make this easier, but I feel that good game play and good theme integration might be much more important than the theme itself. :shrug:

There is theme and then there is execution of the theme. There is the rub.

#26226 2 years ago

I really liked blood sport but I don’t think it would fit as a pin. I am thinking Mike Tyson‘s knockout would be a great pin with the bosses.

#26227 2 years ago

Wow it's been 7 days! Sorry guys, I promise to do better!

FB_IMG_1627263433299 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1627263433299 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635541694049 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635541694049 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220216-074137_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220216-074137_Instagram (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1630210132053 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242135411 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242135411 (resized).jpg
#26228 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I really liked blood sport but I don’t think it would fit as a pin. I am thinking Mike Tyson‘s knockout would be a great pin with the bosses.

You mean Champion Pub?

#26229 2 years ago

I'd love to see a music pin that isn't tied to one band or genre - but a collaboration with Spotify (or whoever). You basically pair your phone (maybe with insider connect) and it accesses your playlists. When you hit the start button you choose a genre, and the graphics, modes and callouts are themed to that genre. (maybe there's 5; hip hop, electronica, rock/metal & acoustic/folk) You build your own playlists and the machine plays your favourite tracks.
Music's such a big deal in pinball and if you can play a game that plays *specifically your own* favourite tracks that YOU'VE actually chosen, I reckon that'd be awesome. Imagine hooking up some thumping techno and smashing through some multiballs.

#26230 2 years ago

This could work

s592 (resized).jpgs592 (resized).jpg
#26231 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Um..
Dude changes from wimpy Prince Adam to Heman there.
Build up a meter or ball lock then hit Castle Greyskull to transform into Heman. "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

#26232 2 years ago

Someone posted a suggestion for the Minions. That would be fantastically fun (as would the Despicable Me franchise). The callouts could be a riot!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26233 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Um..
Dude changes from wimpy Prince Adam to Heman there.
Build up a meter or ball lock then hit Castle Greyskull to transform into Heman. "I HAVE THE POWER!!!"

You beat me to it - that is exactly what I was going to say - hit a few drop targets or ramps then into the castle to transform into He-Man!

"I have the Power!" will now be in my head all day.

#26234 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This could work
[quoted image]

Would be a day one pre-order for me - would be awesome. So many Bandit and Buford T. Justice callouts!

One of my favorite movies as a kid.

#26235 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

I'd love to see a music pin that isn't tied to one band or genre...

Rock Band and Guitar Hero are about to enter the 20 year nostalgia period.

#26236 2 years ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Rock Band and Guitar Hero are about to enter the 20 year nostalgia period.

The licensing fees where also astronomical, which is vastly more affordable in the gaming world when your budget is multiple millions and your shifting millions of units compared to a few thousand pins.

#26237 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The licensing fees where also astronomical, which is vastly more affordable in the gaming world when your budget is multiple millions and your shifting millions of units compared to a few thousand pins.

We were buying CDs back then too... bit different to today. I think being able to at least play your own music in games via a streaming service would be awesome.

#26238 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

You mean Champion Pub?

Kind of but if the LCD screen is taken advantage of, they could load responsive video to it. So mac punches when he qualifies different shots.

#26239 2 years ago
Quoted from timbo74:

We were buying CDs back then too... bit different to today. I think being able to at least play your own music in games via a streaming service would be awesome.

I'm still buying CD's...... ha!!

#26240 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I'm still buying CD's...... ha!!

Me too! And vinyl.

#26241 2 years ago

Yes Smokey and the bandit would work
Dukes of Hazzard?
Three stooges?
Also why no speed racer pin?
This is a must!

So add those four to my list

Next pin idea ….
The Incredibles
Tom and Jerry
Banana Splits
Minions
Monsters inc
MLB baseball
Speed racer
Smokey and the bandit
Dukes of Hazzard
The 3 stooges

Music pins……
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Foo fighters

#26242 2 years ago

Wow…I’m in for…not a single one of those. Just goes to show you how varied our tastes are I suppose. Actually, I’d be in for Tom and Jerry. Or even better… Itchy and Scratchy.

Quoted from J-drum11:

Dukes of Hazzard?
Three stooges?
This is a must!
Next pin idea ….
The Incredibles
Tom and Jerry
Banana Splits
Minions
Monsters inc
MLB baseball
Speed racer
Smokey and the bandit
Dukes of Hazzard
The 3 stooges
Music pins……
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Foo fighters

#26243 2 years ago
Quoted from J-drum11:

Dukes of Hazzard?
Three stooges?
This is a must!
Next pin idea ….
The Incredibles
Tom and Jerry
Banana Splits
Minions
Monsters inc
MLB baseball
Speed racer
Smokey and the bandit
Dukes of Hazzard
The 3 stooges
Music pins……
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Foo fighters

I could get behind 3 Stooges, Tom and Jerry, Crue, and Van Halen.

Edit - I never see it mentioned but I would love a Peanuts pin!

Double Edit - A new Popeye would be sweet too!

#26244 2 years ago

I usually agree with what you say… (normally keep my mouth shut! Downvotes!) I think Dukes of hazzard and a couple others are great ideas if they are done right!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Wow…I’m in for…not a single one of those. Just goes to show you how varied our tastes are I suppose. Actually, I’d be in for Tom and Jerry. Or even better… Itchy and Scratchy.

#26245 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I could get behind 3 Stooges, Tom and Jerry, Crue, and Van Halen.
Edit - I never see it mentioned but I would love a Peanuts pin!
Double Edit - A new Popeye would be sweet too!

I’ve seen Peanuts mentioned before. I think it would have worked great when the movie came out.

#26246 2 years ago

I think the Addams family remake, Billy Maddison remake from the last show are great ideas.

#26247 2 years ago

I'm still hoping for a Bill and Ted someday. Never did find out what that Bill and Ted Zombie Yeti art was for...

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#26248 2 years ago

Legit think that Minions would be a great $$$ theme for location.

I'd personally like to see more modern moves to pull in some younger folks (for the good of the industry). TBH, I'm 40 and those 60s/70s cartoons don't hit me with the same nostalgia that they do you. (I assure you I understand their draw to you but I'm media-addled and don't feel anything pre He-Man.)

As someone new to the hobby, I have to believe the nostalgia window for pin-affording aged folks is moving into the mid 90s, which synergizes will with the Bally/Williams golden age, IMO.

Weird Themes for Xennial nerds:
- AOL instant messenger/Netscape 1.0/Geocities
- Homestarrunner/Strong Bad Emails
- Green Day
- Winamp
- The Matrix**
- Mystery Science Theater 3000
- TuPac/Biggie East Coast vs West Coast
- Robotech
- Akira
- 80s Slasher Films

**(Can't believe this didn't happen with #4, prob not worth it now)

Do I think a ton of those are any decent or would sell? Not REALLY but trying to illustrate a shift in the nostalgia window as the millennial hit 40 w/ disposable income.

#26249 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I'm still hoping for a Bill and Ted someday. Never did find out what that Bill and Ted Zombie Yeti art was for...

this person is picking up what I am laying down

#26250 2 years ago

I’m in my mid 40’s think most of those are really weird ideas. 80’s - 90’s era pins should definitely be what they are looking to do though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
3,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Staten Island, NY
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 525 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/525?hl=bundy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.