Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 519 of 938.
#25901 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Remember when CGC said they would make more MMR, MBR and AFMR in 2023? Not holding my breath though I would love another chance at one of those three.

I only saw MMr confirmed. Got a source for AFMr?

#25902 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Won't the whole Baldwin saga scupper this idea?
I'd say 0 % likely

Non issue IMO.

#25903 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I only saw MMr confirmed. Got a source for AFMr?

No source. It's just what I heard. Glad that MMr is confirmed.

#25904 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'm saying CGC next game announcement is October 2022. Beetlejuice. Franchi on art. That's the rumor going round anyway. I'm not coming up with this stuff guys. Just what I have heard in chit chatting with people. I obviously don't know more than anybody else. Other people have heard this too, right?

Well I'll make the bet, hoping I'm wrong and we can donate to Pinside.

#25905 2 years ago

Careful betting unless it’s a sure thing….

719810A5-DA76-410B-A60D-FFF459494DC3 (resized).jpeg719810A5-DA76-410B-A60D-FFF459494DC3 (resized).jpeg
#25906 2 years ago

Saw an advanced screening of The Batman and it was superb! Couple more films in the franchise and we could easily get some DC love from Stern.

Wouldn’t mind Aquaman either, we could do with a crazy water based pin, we haven’t really had one since whitewater.

#25907 2 years ago

I’m down. 100 bucks?

#25908 2 years ago
DwmDNLCUwAAKmwg (resized).jpgDwmDNLCUwAAKmwg (resized).jpg
#25909 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Well I'll make the bet, hoping I'm wrong and we can donate to Pinside.

$5 bet just for fun? I will also publicly admit if I'm wrong.

#25910 2 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I’m down. 100 bucks?

#25911 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What is MSRP on RUSH LE? Is it still $11,099 like the press release from the announcement in January?

yes

$13,000 is about what you can get one for though

#25912 2 years ago

Saw Gary Stern at EAG in London yesterday.
Got a photo with him.
I asked if it was one of his last shows and is he taking it easy as Seth is now President.

That was met with a smile, and a quick no way, he intends to keep going. Legend!

Also said that I thought Rush was a good layout, but not my theme.. said I was holding out for BOND or BTTF, which again was met with a smile. Doug was also there and said “yeah, I hear people have been asking for that”

Gary did say that this year AND ONLY this year 2 games - Rush and another, whilst they catch up on back log. I did ask. About a Kapow/Stern or other boutique game and he did say no. But probably wouldn’t tell me anyway.

56443D7E-FFD8-4983-A0EE-9EC88A02A5B7 (resized).jpeg56443D7E-FFD8-4983-A0EE-9EC88A02A5B7 (resized).jpeg
#25913 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got a photo with him.
I asked if it was one of his last shows and is he taking it easy as Seth is now President.
That was met with a smile, and a quick no way, he intends to keep going. Legend!
Also said that I thought Rush was a good layout, but not my theme.. said I was holding out for BOND or BTTF, which again was met with a smile. Doug was also there and said “yeah, I hear people have been asking for that”
Gary did say that this year AND ONLY this year 2 games - Rush and another, whilst they catch up on back log. I did ask. About a Kapow/Stern or other boutique game and he did say no. But probably wouldn’t tell me anyway. [quoted image]

Wow sounds like you really grilled him, he's lucky you didn't hook up a car battery to his nipples

#25914 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Wow sounds like you really grilled him, he's lucky you didn't hook up a car battery to his nipples

He might have liked that. Don't kink shame him.

#25915 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

He might have liked that. Don't kink shame him.

I wonder what it was like for him when they told him "ah, Mr. Stern.... we can't build more this year....... you're killing us"...... and he had to make the call to remove planned releases from the lineup. Surely he didn't like having to do that. He seems to be very clear "this year only".
It would be so interesting to be a fly on the way in a meeting with his production managers.

#25916 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got a photo with him.
Gary did say that this year AND ONLY this year 2 games - Rush and another, whilst they catch up on back log. I did ask. About a Kapow/Stern or other boutique game and he did say no. But probably wouldn’t tell me anyway. [quoted image]

So he said no to a Kapow or boutique? Interesting if we then truly only get 2 games this year.

#25917 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

So he said no to a Kapow or boutique? Interesting if we then truly only get 2 games this year.

Gary is a clever business man, he is all about what is on the line right now and the latest title.

#25918 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Gary is a clever business man, he is all about what is on the line right now and the latest title.

The anti-Adam Osborne.

#25919 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Got a photo with him.

This story would have been hella better if you gave Gary vodka.
Never ask these sort of questions sober.

#25920 2 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

This story would have been hella better if you gave Gary vodka.
Never ask these sort of questions sober.

253556DA-54A5-45BB-941A-73C2D79B964F (resized).jpeg253556DA-54A5-45BB-941A-73C2D79B964F (resized).jpeg

#25921 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Saw this artwork and it reminded me of Franchi but I'd never considered this title before.
[quoted image]

Love that movie and own it, reminds me of a cult classic

#25922 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’ll remember you said this when he is considered on par with the best 5 years from now. He’s a smart dude with good taste, passion for the game and a great pinball player. That’s a deadly combo as seen with Elwin.

Please do!

#25923 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He always has been that way and is a smart business man. Why is it such a secret for the next game? Because they want to maximize current sales while they hold the license. It seems like the car industry does the same thing. You don't see any advertisements for future model years-not until most of the old models are gone and in a new calendar year. I have had the thought of what if....what if they just said what the titles will be and took advantage of a pre-order business model(extend license contract)? Would that be more ideal in today's climate? Sell more units overall? MMMMMM-never mind FOMO forever yea!

Let the cat out of the bag and make Limited machines unlimited for a few years until the license expires. No more FOMO-No more flippers and people will eventually realize they are still limited without all the drama. Food for thought

#25924 2 years ago

1st time poster. Love the discussion on next Stern pin speculation. Here's what's on my wish list for next pins over the next few years:

- Loki - loved the Disney+ series - hope they do a dark villain theme.
- Alita: Battle Angel - yes, I'm a big fan of the live action movie.
- Queen - gotta give Freddie Mercury his due. Love the music.
- John Wick - this has got to happen sometime! A rated R pin - complete with headshot counts.
- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - I'd buy that one!

Make one of these happen Stern!

#25925 2 years ago
Quoted from Vud18:

1st time poster. Love the discussion on next Stern pin speculation. Here's what's on my wish list for next pins over the next few years:
- John Wick - this has got to happen sometime! A rated R pin - complete with headshot counts.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2021/09/29/queen-pinball-revealed/

#25926 2 years ago
#25927 2 years ago
Quoted from Vud18:

Welcome!

#25928 2 years ago

You got it!

#25929 2 years ago

I will also publicly admit if I'm wrong.

I could do it for you.

#25930 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

He always has been that way and is a smart business man. Why is it such a secret for the next game? Because they want to maximize current sales while they hold the license. It seems like the car industry does the same thing. You don't see any advertisements for future model years-not until most of the old models are gone and in a new calendar year. I have had the thought of what if....what if they just said what the titles will be and took advantage of a pre-order business model(extend license contract)? Would that be more ideal in today's climate? Sell more units overall? MMMMMM-never mind FOMO forever yea!
Let the cat out of the bag and make Limited machines unlimited for a few years until the license expires. No more FOMO-No more flippers and people will eventually realize they are still limited without all the drama. Food for thought

There's a name for this phenomenon that I can't think of, but it's basically you don't release information about your new products coming out too early or else it's slow sales of your current product

#25931 2 years ago
Quoted from Vud18:

IIRC John Wick was supposed to be Spooky’s latest theme but the license fell through and they pivoted to Halloween. So maybe the studio licensed to a different manufacturer.

#25932 2 years ago

Bug and Luke initially designed the playfield with John Wick in mind but I don’t believe they ever actually went after the license. Doesn’t really suit their brand.

Quoted from Xelz:

IIRC John Wick was supposed to be Spooky’s latest theme but the license fell through and they pivoted to Halloween. So maybe the studio licensed to a different manufacturer.

#25933 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

There's a name for this phenomenon that I can't think of, but it's basically you don't release information about your new products coming out too early or else it's slow sales of your current product

It's called the Osborne Effect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

#25934 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Hopefully Stern does not come up with any new games for the next 1 to 2 years so they can simply concentrate on fulfilling current orders! And possibly deal with current game design flaws (Rush scoop and sound issues, for example). Also, quit trying to save money by shipping the damn machines in frickin' cardboard boxes. I would gladly pay the extra freight fee for a proper crate!

I agree.They have so many back orders around the world. Concentrate on that first.

#25935 2 years ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/519#post-6811524

#25936 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220304-193652_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220304-193652_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220306-100233_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220306-100233_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-003937_Instagram (resized).jpg
#25937 2 years ago

The more people post about it, the more I am hoping for a JAWS pin. Think of what they could do....

-Giant ball-eating shark head
-Intense, blood-pumping musical moments, especially with the iconic ''2-note'' shark theme plus expression lighting setting up a critical shot...man!
-Richard Dreyfuss callouts
-Maybe a dorsal fin that rises and dips across the playfield similar to Big Buck Hunter, but better.
-A good opportunity to have Stern make an overwhelmingly "blue" color-schemed pin that would stand out in a sea of reds, oranges, and yellows.
-Potentially an innovative lower playfield with underwater shark toy interaction.

Lemme know more ideas, please, this is fun to think about!

#25938 2 years ago

I'd be more curious about who's pin was bumped.

Gomez said his pin would be out in 22..... that was before this delay stuff....... will it be his game out later this year?

#25939 2 years ago

JAWS gets my $ with an LE! Orca Bertram on pf with it sinking and Shaw being eaten by a massive Great White with it being on a lower pf like Krull! With a cage with Hooper in it! Yeah, I'm just dreaming! We need a bigger boat!!

#25940 2 years ago
Quoted from Naf:

JAWS gets my $ with an LE! Orca Bertram on pf with it sinking and Shaw being eaten by a massive Great White with it being on a lower pf like Krull! With a cage with Hooper in it! Yeah, I'm just dreaming! We need a bigger boat!!

9E0CED0B-D405-4602-B712-EF77EB193CA5 (resized).jpeg9E0CED0B-D405-4602-B712-EF77EB193CA5 (resized).jpeg
#25941 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

The more people post about it, the more I am hoping for a JAWS pin. Think of what they could do....
-Intense, blood-pumping musical moments, especially with the iconic ''2-note'' shark theme plus expression lighting setting up a critical shot...man!
-Maybe a dorsal fin that rises and dips across the playfield similar to Big Buck Hunter, but better.
-A good opportunity to have Stern make an overwhelmingly "blue" color-schemed pin that would stand out in a sea of reds, oranges, and yellows.
-Potentially an innovative lower playfield with underwater shark toy interaction.

I would be very excited to see all of this. Fantastic theme.

#25942 2 years ago

Some of you are missing a trick here, why not merge the two theme together!

20E4320B-A37F-459A-B996-0274E23A77EA (resized).jpeg20E4320B-A37F-459A-B996-0274E23A77EA (resized).jpeg
#25943 2 years ago

That just proves Jaws is code for BTTF!

Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

#25944 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

you mean like STLE

Star Trek LE (resized).jpgStar Trek LE (resized).jpg
#25945 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

That just proves Jaws is code for BTTF!

Jaws was code for Jurassic Park.

BTTF is code for Jaws.

Van Halen or Huey Lewis or Johnny B Goode will be code for BTTF.

But when are they going to make The Goonies, which was code for Stranger Things?

#25946 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

But when are they going to make The Goonies, which was code for Stranger Things?

I would love to have a Goonies machine! I think it wiukd be an instant buy for me! Still one of my favourite movies!

#25947 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[quoted image]

11BCB4D3-05B3-4AB8-A714-3B539B86AB75.jpeg11BCB4D3-05B3-4AB8-A714-3B539B86AB75.jpeg

#25948 2 years ago

That's funny b/c I play on location at a place with that specific pin and it has never stood out to me as "the blue pin the room." I guess they have them so close together I can't really see the side art as much. But heck, another one can't hurt!

Quoted from Pincrazy:

you mean like STLE
[quoted image]

#25949 2 years ago

Was watching a brief short of Keith Elwin on YouTube the other day (extremely hyped for my incoming Godzilla) and noticed a little poster in the background of his then apartment. I picked up on it right away because I actually have the same exact one hanging in my basement.

I know it's been mentioned on this thread a bit already, but I just cant get over how incredible an Army Of Darkness/Evil Dead theme would be! It certainly doesn't have the reach and mass appeal of a Jaws, BTTF, Goonies, you name it, but it's clear that Keith certainly is into it!

Screenshot_20220307-095505~3 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220307-095505~3 (resized).png

Source for video:

#25950 2 years ago

Too bad Stern would never. AOD is high up in the rumor mill for Spooky’s next though. Definitely a dream theme of mine.

Quoted from ZAuxier:

Was watching a brief short of Keith Elwin on YouTube the other day (extremely hyped for my incoming Godzilla) and noticed a little poster in the background of his then apartment. I picked up on it right away because I actually have the same exact one hanging in my basement.
I know it's been mentioned on this thread a bit already, but I just cant get over how incredible an Army Of Darkness/Evil Dead theme would be! It certainly doesn't have the reach and mass appeal of a Jaws, BTTF, Goonies, you name it, but it's clear that Keith certainly is into it!
[quoted image]
Source for video:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 519 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/519?hl=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.