balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 517 of 923.
#25801 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Hoping 007 is cornerstone and they ditch Venom as cornerstone

Seriously, who was asking for Venom??? Rush is polarizing enough, but at least there were a small handful of Pinsiders saying they'd love one. Where are the "We need a Venom!" threads?

#25802 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Elvira wasn’t KaPow, it was a studio release which Kapow falls under, along with Batman 66 & Beatles which where both KaPow releases

I am not saying that it is kapow, I am saying it’s not a cornerstone, so the stern email doesn’t apply. I still think we get 3 new games this year, which I don’t think alleviates that much pressure on the line…

#25803 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am not saying that it is kapow, I am saying it’s not a cornerstone, so the stern email doesn’t apply. I still think we get 3 new games this year, which I don’t think alleviates that much pressure on the line…

Gotcha

Yeah Stern will still drop Bond if the rumour is true about a Studio/KaPow release, moving the Cornerstone releases down a notch allows them to do that as well as catch up on that backlog, smart move by Stern and technically they are not even dropping a release. Plus it gives me more time to save up for Bond and Venom

#25804 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Where are the "We need a Venom!" threads?

Venom Shenum-I want Bond, James Bond

Let good ol Joe have the Harry Potter shit-leave my 007 alone

#25805 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Venom Shenum-I want Bond, James Bond
Let good ol Joe have the Harry Potter shit-leave my 007 alone

Joe already has the Bond licence like he did for Batman66.

It’s likely why Stern have decided now is the time to catch up on the back log and push their next cornerstone back, they know Bond will be a big enough seller.

#25806 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Joe already has the Bond license like he did for Batman66

Ok so Joe is Mr. License guy and always has been. Ok I get it but why the boutique model? Is there not enough meat on the bone for everyone? The Beatles with different lipstick trims for outrageous pricing was humorous to me. Kaaaaaaapow!

You sell enough fair priced units and everyone benefits. May actually make more by going with more pros, etc?

#25807 2 years ago

I’m still laughing at the part about IC correlating with demand

#25808 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

different lipstick trims for outrageous pricing

Get your 007 Super Duper Platinum with insider connect for the low low price of $25,000(hurry supplies are limited!)

An insider told me it will have really shiny powdercoat with sparkles added

#25809 2 years ago

For real haha, as if people were like “IC?!?! Ok…now I HAVE to buy a pin”. Ol’ Gary is just seeing what he wants to see here.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

#25810 2 years ago

I really don't understand the Stern slow down. If Stern (Gary) really wanted to blow the market up just drop all the units they can't produce. Imagine what would happen to the used market. Pinflation would skyrocket, and if old releases skyrocket in prices what could Stern then do with the price of new releases?

They (Gary) could really be printing money!

#25811 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so Joe is Mr. License guy and always has been. Ok I get it but why the boutique model? Is there not enough meat on the bone for everyone? The Beatles with different lipstick trims for outrageous pricing was humorous to me. Kaaaaaaapow!
You sell enough fair priced units and everyone benefits. May actually make more by going with more pros, etc?

This worked out well for me. I got a Beatles gold for a fair price and don’t feel one bit sad about not having a platinum or diamond. I too agree it was crazy to charge what they did for those two with basically just some different powder. At least with B66 you got an exclusive topper if you ponied your the extra cash.

#25812 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I got a Beatles gold for a fair price and don’t feel one bit sad

Many sat in dealers warehouses until they needed to yard sale them. I actually dig the Beatles and have always had the argument that Stern may have done better(sold more) had they priced them reasonably. Sell x amount at a reasonable price or sell x- going the boutique route. Beatles bamboozled many unfortunately.

#25813 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Many sat in dealers warehouses until they needed to yard sale them. I actually dig the Beatles and have always had the argument that Stern may have done better(sold more) had they priced them reasonably. Sell x amount at a reasonable price or sell x- going the boutique route. Beatles bamboozled many unfortunately.

Totally agree. I came to the Beatles party late so all the initial crazy of the release was behind us. So I got my Gold and love it. My kids dig it too. Very approachable and easy for them to understand the rules.

#25814 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I rolled my eyes so hard last night, they hurt. Such shitty Marketing spin BS. They had 1000s of games on backorder long before some app thingy (which doesn't have an actual app yet) hit the market.

But you got to tout the latest and greatest things... even if you come off as a total transparent nozzle by doing so.

#25815 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I really don't understand the Stern slow down. If Stern (Gary) really wanted to blow the market up just drop all the units they can't produce. Imagine what would happen to the used market. Pinflation would skyrocket, and if old releases skyrocket in prices what could Stern then do with the price of new releases?

Cancelling or stopping orders would blow up Gary's business, not the market. Dropping orders to try and manipulate the market to indirectly influence future sales is insane. Where's Levi when we need him?

#25816 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Cancelling or stopping orders would blow up Gary's business, not the market. Dropping orders to try and manipulate the market to indirectly influence future sales is insane. Where's Levi when we need him?

I’m just going off how nutz pinheads are not the real world. .

#25817 2 years ago

All these Bond buyers are gonna be pretty disappointed when it's Moonraker and a retheme of Orbitor 1.

#25818 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

If we are doing a music pin, better yet if its Weird Al!

Quoted from PinMonk:

Bizarro modes with Weird Al doing the songs and you'd have a deal.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

never liked Pee Wee Herman but Weird Al I do.

Quoted from ThatOneDude:

My dream of a Weird Al pin is still alive!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I think Weird Al would make for a winning theme.

Quoted from Hopdog:

A Weird Al table would be a ton of fun!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've still got my fingers crossed for Weird Al's Polka Party.

Quoted from John0560:

The only music pin I want to see is a Weird Al Yankovich.

Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Build the world under glass using the imagery and stories his songs evoke. The game would be as much about Weird Al's imagination as his music.

Quoted from Looprunner:

Are you saying it is Weird Al? I'm in on an LE if that is the case.

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Weird Al’s Polka Party sounds like the best new title in a very long time!

Quoted from Wolfanoz:

+1 for a Weird Al / UHF Pinball. "SUPPLIES!" = Mystery Prize

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Weird Al .... Dare to be Stupid.. Polka Party -- Think this would be epic!

Quoted from craif:

I'd rather have Weird Al than Pee Wee Herman.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird Al would be fun, but seems like a licensing nightmare.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Weird Al would be my 2nd ever NIB and a day 1 LE buy.

Apparently Weird Al will not be a Stern pin after all.

#25819 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

All these Bond buyers are gonna be pretty disappointed when it's Moonraker and a retheme of Orbitor 1.

FD7E3302-35BC-4D07-92B3-97A7E98ADD9C.gifFD7E3302-35BC-4D07-92B3-97A7E98ADD9C.gif
#25820 2 years ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I tend to like the looks of the comic or graphic novel type themes over themes with photos of actors on them. That said I can’t think of many animated shows that haven’t been done and wouldn’t be obnoxious as pins… maybe “Spider-Man: Into the spider verse” would be cool. Some cool film themes might be Kong or Dune.

if they do dune, will stern only give us half a pin (like WB did by releasing the 1st half of the movie without green-lighting the second?

#25821 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Seriously, who was asking for Venom??? Where are the "We need a Venom!" threads?

It's just the annual Marvel release

It will sell and be played because it's Marvel.

#25822 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's just the annual Marvel release
It will sell and be played because it's Marvel.

But no one is asking for it. Mando, Deadpool, GOTG, GB...etc. all had people wishing it would come true some day. Three of those are the annual Disney/Marvel releases.

Meanwhile if you search Venom on Pinside, there are 10 topics in the forum, 8 of which concern mods for SM, and 1 for Pinball FX.

The ONLY thread about a physical Venom pinball was when the rumor was leaked that Stern would be making it, and here's the current poll results as I write this. Note how you can vote more than once and how the thread has been dead for 37 freggin days. Two most popular responses are "No" and "I'll play it on location".

The pin no one asked for (resized).jpgThe pin no one asked for (resized).jpg

#25823 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

But no one is asking for it. Mando, Deadpool, GOTG, GB...etc. all had people wishing it would come true some day. Three of those are the annual Disney/Marvel releases.
Meanwhile if you search Venom on Pinside, there are 10 topics in the forum, 8 of which concern mods for SM, and 1 for Pinball FX.
The ONLY thread about a physical Venom pinball was when the rumor was leaked that Stern would be making it, and here's the current poll results as I write this. Note how you can vote more than once and how the thread has been dead for 37 freggin days. Two most popular responses are "No" and "I'll play it on location".
[quoted image]

What if the game is awesome?

#25824 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What if the game is awesome?

A separate poll already determined it wouldn’t be awesome

#25825 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I am super excited for Venom, so there’s at least one of us

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25826 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I've been a Marvel fan since the 80s. I am very excited by the idea of a comic version pin. Not so much for a movie version.

#25827 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm not super excited but I do like Marvel games and movies so if it's a good game.. Im ok with that.

#25829 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

+1.
Stern will probably reveal Venom at San Diego Comic Con.

#25830 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Lmmfao!

Edit - seriously, I LOL'd. I'd upvote this a dozen times if I could.

#25831 2 years ago

At this time, everything sales good…..
I am interested for a venom. Please no comic version……

#25832 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Quoted from crujones4life:

Lmmfao!
Edit - seriously, I LOL'd. I'd upvote this a dozen times if I could.

I'm dying. Funniest thing I've read on Pinside. Thanks radium

#25833 2 years ago

So…if I want bond? I have to sell my new 2021 Tacoma!

#25834 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Car prices are way up too so maybe you could get a Bond and a Stern Pro. Maybe.

#25835 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Car prices are way up too so maybe you could get a Bond and a Stern Pro. Maybe.

That’s true….
Maybe they’ll throw in some glass cleaner with the deal?

#25836 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ok so Joe is Mr. License guy and always has been. Ok I get it but why the boutique model?

Distributors claimed the high price on Beatles was due to the high licensing cost per machine. I don't know but I think there has to be a limit or benchmark of some kind when considering a viable license for pinball. How much is enough? If they are paying thousands per machine for the rights-that seems high to me. Joe considers himself as a good negotiator I assume, so why not negotiate a reasonable licensing fee that fits the pinball market? Why bamboozle people with fake trim levels and artificial collectability in order to sell out to distributors. I can somewhat understand a high licensing fee for Beatles but 007? You would think 007 is not that expensive of a license and should lean more towards standard cornerstone pricing and models. Harry Potter could have a high boutique price and I could see the boutique model for that one-maybe?

Quoted from Billygrippo:

No-do not sell the TACO(best truck ever) for a paperweight with sparkles

#25837 2 years ago

I think it is time to end the trim level BS, make one machine like in the old days. The trim level thing is BS and only adds fuels to pinflation.

#25838 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think it is time to end the trim level BS, make one machine like in the old days. The trim level thing is BS and only adds fuels to pinflation.

Plus it delays production between models, little batch of PRO's for operators first, after comes LE, than another batch of PRO's, after that premiums, than back to another batch of PRO's and after premium, after that last call for PRO's and Premium's. That is only for one release, now juggle from titles to titles, and backlog.

Employees must be completely lost sometimes and you lose efficiency with one week of this, one week of that. That defeats the hole point of standardization. I understand that they have shortage of materials right now, but this on and off game between models have been there way before the pandemic. Since they introduced pro's, premium and LE.

They were fine for a time but now demand is just too strong and they are just leaving money on the table and people cancel their pre order for the next shiny thing. That is not good business when you cannibalise you own products.

#25839 2 years ago

How did Stern ever make it through the hard years without you geniuses

#25840 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Concept backglass complete.
[quoted image]

That looks awesome! Thanks for running with that concept!

#25841 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

They'd anger too many with this, pick prem or le price and locations and people who dont want to pay those prices would stop buying. Pick pro level of build and people would complain there's no toys

#25842 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Never told Stern how to run their business just saying I used to call my distro and buy 2 NIB Stern every year. And they had them in stock, so I would just go there, pay the man and pick it up. Yesterday I called my distro and told me he had nothing coming in for weeks and even then they are all reserved for people who have been waiting for months if not year.

Was looking to buy 2 NIB yesterday, so just saying with the awesome titles they have in production they would have sold me 2 NIB and maybe more in the next months or year. Instead I will just wait and spend my money on other things not pinball relate.

Just Stern loosing some people on some titles and leaving money on the table. No worries, they are still doing better than ever but they could make even more money. That's all I was saying.

#25843 2 years ago

Please give me a comic Venom Stern. That’s a top 3 dream theme right there for me.

#25844 2 years ago

Sounds to me they need to open another line or two and use some of this money to expand a bit.

#25845 2 years ago

Maybe open up a “kind-of” franchise deal with another company to produce games??

#25846 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Please give me a comic Venom Stern. That’s a top 3 dream theme right there for me.

Please give me a McFarlane drawn comic Venom Stern. FTFY

#25847 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

I almost spit my drink out reading that…

#25848 2 years ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Please give me a McFarlane drawn comic Venom Stern. FTFY

Or a McFarlane backglass and cabinet art on the LE. That would really make it special. I love Zombie Yeti, though. I'm in for an LE no matter what.

#25849 2 years ago

Here in sweden we realised years ago that the greatest music theme pin of al time would be Onkel kånkel.
Just waiting for Stern to realize the extreme profit potential
Onkel kånkel was a punk band mostly active in the 80s and 90s with lyrics that where to put it simple: not very PC.
That this will be Sterns next music themed pin is kind of an inside joke in the swedish pinball community.
Surprised that a re-theme or homebrew hasn't been done jet.. if you have a "juvenile sense of humor" this would be the pin for you!
R-1201508-1239322821 (resized).jpgR-1201508-1239322821 (resized).jpg
https://www.discogs.com/artist/344962-Onkel-K%C3%A5nkel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onkel_K%C3%A5nkel

#25850 2 years ago

Whoa, whoa,
Only recently I was thinking about Stern Pinball's next music title.
It was a strange feeling. I had visions of another KME masterpiece along the lines of he's awesome Iron Maiden.
When will Keith do another music pin ?
What could it be ?
Keith Elwin lived through the greatness of the 80s.

Heres hoping Keith is a bit of a rock, metal head and may consider the following hard rock/metal titles of perhaps the greatest music era of all time \m/

I would be down for any of these 7 killer titles that KME could rock !

MEGADETH
VAN HALEN
BLACK SABBATH
MOTLEY CRUE
OZZY OSBORNE
DIO
SLAYER

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 517 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/517?hl=truthdivides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.