vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 941.
#25751 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Concept backglass complete.
[quoted image]

Love this! But I feel like the dog needs to be twice the size...and, of course, more slobber & snot.

#25752 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

Gotta have a "SQUIRREL!!!" callout

Also

IMG_20220224_070957 (resized).jpgIMG_20220224_070957 (resized).jpg
#25753 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

That's amazing. It would be so nice to get the pins I have on backorder!!!

Yeah I would love to see my second run Rush Premium this summer instead of next year!! I have no interest in Venom so no big loss. Hopefully my future Bond LE stays close to on track since its a Kapow game and not one of the cornerstones.

#25754 2 years ago

I tend to like the looks of the comic or graphic novel type themes over themes with photos of actors on them. That said I can’t think of many animated shows that haven’t been done and wouldn’t be obnoxious as pins… maybe “Spider-Man: Into the spider verse” would be cool. Some cool film themes might be Kong or Dune.

#25755 2 years ago

Good on them for the delay. The backlog of games would just be nuts if they kept to their old release/reveal schedule. Also gives me a breather to test the waters on other games instead of thinking "well, I should just wait until Stern announced their next game".

#25756 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Good on them for the delay. The backlog of games would just be nuts if they kept to their old release/reveal schedule. Also gives me a breather to test the waters on other games instead of thinking "well, I should just wait until Stern announced their next game".

Curious how this will affect the distros wallets if they don't have the typical in-rush of orders in April? Could drive up the price the distros charge to make up for the dip in sales. Wonder what Stern's mix is of backlog vs. taking new orders on current pins?

#25757 2 years ago

Good news for JJP.

#25758 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The next Stern pin is delayed till August says Gary Stern. He says demand for games has gone through the roof and IC has helped that effort.
iC makes for good marketing jingle and creates a closed eco system no other company/boutique manufacturers can match. Many now don’t want to buy outside that eco system, because the future of IC is only going to get bigger and better. It seems buyers mainly want the games that will work in that eco system as the future holds many additional add-ons for existing games. Even new ways to play the same game will be introduced, without spending well over $10k for a new one. Stern is heavily investing in IC and its not just for giving our games achievements.

Honestly I'm ok with all of this. People have been waiting months and even over a year for current titles. Every new title makes the backlog worse.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Curious how this will affect the distros wallets if they don't have the typical in-rush of orders in April? Could drive up the price the distros charge to make up for the dip in sales. Wonder what Stern's mix is of backlog vs. taking new orders on current pins?

I don't think they care if they sell James Bond or Deadpool. As long as the pins are flowing.

#25759 2 years ago

Stern release

IMG_7644 (resized).jpgIMG_7644 (resized).jpg
#25760 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Or it just allows distros to take more orders of current released games. I.E. more Godzilla/Rush pins and maybe Stern actually fulfils orders for games still in production before spitting out their new game. I don't think it really hurts a distro, someone will come to them and ask what games they are selling and available. They'll have the current Stern offering and hopefully other games and didn't put all their eggs in the Stern basket.

Quoted from hiker2099:

Good news for JJP.

Who else is in line to announce a new game pre-aug? Spooky? I don't know when their Ultraman/Halloween production is going to end. I don't know if Chicago Games would spit out another release with Cactus Canyons still in production either.

#25761 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I don’t know this it would actually be a dip in sales. Distributors aren’t sitting on inventory of old games. Whether a brand new one of another run of something still in high demand, the product is going to flow through distributors. If they get the same amount of games to sell either way they should be good. If backlog is worked through and distributors start sitting on inventory, that essentially means a lot of the issue is fixed and it makes sense to flow through new games.

#25762 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Good news for JJP.

Why? I'd JJP releasing a new pin in the next 6 months? Doubtful.

#25763 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Or it just allows distros to take more orders of current released games. I.E. more Godzilla/Rush pins and maybe Stern actually fulfils orders for games still in production before spitting out their new game. I don't think it really hurts a distro, someone will come to them and ask what games they are selling and available. They'll have the current Stern offering and hopefully other games and didn't put all their eggs in the Stern basket.

Who else is in line to announce a new game pre-aug? Spooky? I don't know when their Ultraman/Halloween production is going to end. I don't know if Chicago Games would spit out another release with Cactus Canyons still in production either.

I read this as Stern trying to ensure that distributors actually get the quantity of games they were originally promised, not so much that they’ll be adding additional inventory. Using GZ as an example, I would think this is good news for anyone currently scheduled on a 2022 run, but i wouldn’t expect a bunch of new spots to open up.

#25764 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Why? I'd JJP releasing a new pin in the next 6 months? Doubtful.

Watch for an announcement from JJP in March.

#25765 2 years ago

I think this is a good idea from Stern and will make some unhappy customers feel a little better. They are so far behind this just makes sense. I bet when the next game is announced they will have a bunch ready to ship out like Stranger Things style.

#25766 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Good news for JJP.

I can't see JJP benefiting at all. Lots of news Sterns will keep flowing.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25767 2 years ago

boob is right we need to help out crujones4life

The_Future_Is_Now.jpgThe_Future_Is_Now.jpg

#25768 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Good news for JJP.

Why have they figured out how to make fun pins that don't have crappy playfields yet?

#25769 2 years ago

Time to start a rumor:
He says they've decided "not to introduce a new April CORNERSTONE game," Kapow BTTF in April confirmed!

#25770 2 years ago

Can someone explain “corner stone” game to me?

Most buildings have 1 cornerstone.

Thanks

#25771 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Stern release

I have to give props to Gary for finally giving in. I had this conversation months ago on how much Stern is pissing off their customer base by continuing the cornerstone release schedule during a 100 year pandemic with backorders mounting. Their argument is the licenses have all been negotiated and they must push forward. I did not think that was a smart move but I kept my lips shut and thought Gary/Stern was an animal. Well looks like the backlog finally caught up and everyone probably got burnt out and now time to take a breath and play catch up.

I am a firm believer that license agreements can be re-negotiated with different time lines due to the current circumstances. When it starts to effect quality by pushing manufacturing demand that is not a good combination. A perfect example is the RUSH debacle with the scoops. Stern pushed this one out like taking a shit after eating soupy Chinese food and missed key QC issues. They need to send a few games to Trent or Headquarters for a few week beta trial with Jack Danger reveal/s at same time. Just feel like they did little testing-those scoops are getting MANGLED and it makes me cringe. They would have caught the issues really early and Stern may have introduced a Mantis or properly beveled playfield with proper gauge generic cliffy. Looked at Halloween today and Spooky did the beveled playfield right with cliffy sitting flush with playfield -nice touch.

-Good for you Stern you made the right choice. Plus I am not hot for Venom-bring on Bond-James Bond.

-P.s. please do a vault run of KISS Pro-300 and re-theme Iron Maiden to ? w/ mirrored layout-easy cash-cha-ching!

#25772 2 years ago

So which designer is up next for the August release? Eddy?

#25773 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks

That‘s their „bread & butter“ line games, that come as Pro, Premium and LE.

So not including their „home“ games, not their Studio/Boutique (more expensive/ no Pro) games (like Elvira), or contract games.

#25774 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

with Jack Danger reveal/s at same time.

Is Jack Danger still going to do reveals now that he is a designer for Stern?

Can Stern hire Bowen for reveals?-pretty please

#25775 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Thanks

• Cornerstone, these are Sterns regularly released commercial titles, usually between 3 or 4 releases a year, consisting of a Pro, Premium & LE.

You also have their additional releases such as Vaults, Studio games, Home pins & Contract games.

#25776 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

So which designer is up next for the August release? Eddy?

This makes things really interesting I think.

Stern are smart and I think they have put COVID clauses in their licensing and release date of games. Giving Stern time to release when it is best for them. I am sure they have plenty of games in the pipeline and plenty of games ready to release.. I am going to enjoy this ride, I think whatever the next release is, it will sell out instantly.

#25777 2 years ago

when are the price increases to complete the backlog going to show up ?

#25778 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

when are the price increases to complete the backlog going to show up ?

Soon!

#25779 2 years ago

If it goes right JJP SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOUNCING THERE NEXT PIN AND VERY WELL COULD BE TOY STORY IN MARCH OR APRIL

#25780 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

If it goes right JJP SUPPOSED TO BE ANNOUNCING THERE NEXT PIN AND VERY WELL COULD BE TOY STORY IN MARCH OR APRIL

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#25781 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Once caps lock was on he never looked back

#25782 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Once caps lock was on he never looked back

Yea sometimes I get carried away and forget about it lol.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25783 2 years ago

Toy Story will be interesting

#25784 2 years ago

Note CORNERSTONE release

bond is not a cornerstone

So you will have bond, then another cornerstone in august

It’s really no different than last year

#25785 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Note CORNERSTONE release
So you will have bond, then another cornerstone in august
It’s really no different than last year

These kind of post confuse me. If they make Bond will it be a home use machine and not the Pro, Premium, or LE versions?

#25786 2 years ago

Buy a Rush and you won’t worry about missing the summer release . Trust me !

#25787 2 years ago

Soupy Chinese Food... ???
Hahaha. Wtf?

#25788 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

These kind of post confuse me. If they make Bond will it be a home use machine and not the Pro, Premium, or LE versions?

It will be a premium only game like Elvira

#25789 2 years ago

Great news on the backlog clear. Its been frustrating waiting on JP premium.

#25790 2 years ago

The days of Stern releasing new games every 3 months are going to be challenged. With IC setup, there is no reason all current 17 games have to continue to play only one way. predict Stern will be releasing “new games software” to play all of those machines in different ways. No reason to approach the same game the same way all the time with IC. Think that will be a new money tree for Stern.

#25791 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Totally agree J85M - Godzilla LE . £12500 - $17,000!
SLE BOND and SLE BTTF and I’m done..

Quoted from pinmister:

-P.s. please do a vault run of KISS Pro-300 and re-theme Iron Maiden to ? w/ mirrored layout-easy cash-cha-ching!

Hell yes to both. I have been begging for a rethemed Iron Maiden! Van Halen, Beastie Boys.. whatever!

#25792 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Soupy Chinese Food... ???
Hahaha. Wtf?

Soupy Chinese food (resized).jpgSoupy Chinese food (resized).jpgchinese food (resized).jpgchinese food (resized).jpg
#25793 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

How so?

A cornerstone is a new release not a vault,etc.

I think it will be 007 and it will be a cornerstone

I also think we may see a vault of some kind

#25794 2 years ago

Elvira, Batman, Beatles are not considered cornerstone games. I believe some refer to them as Studio games - games where the lowest tier is a premium model and the upper tier is a super limited, usually in conjunction with a 3rd party for the license (KaPow for example).

#25795 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

• Cornerstone, these are Sterns regularly released commercial titles, usually between 3 or 4 releases a year, consisting of a Pro, Premium & LE.
You also have their additional releases such as Vaults, Studio games, Home pins & Contract games.

So is this what Stern defines as “cornerstone”?

#25796 2 years ago

I do not see 007 as a boutique Kapow sorry

#25797 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I do not see 007 as a boutique Kapow sorry

007 is Kapow. Not cornerstone. I suspect it will be available in Premium, LE and Super LE similar to Batman.

#25798 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

007 is Kapow. Not cornerstone. I suspect it will be available in Premium, LE and Super LE similar to Batman.

And Elvira, and Beatles. Surprised so many people here don’t realize this

#25799 2 years ago

BTTF is Kapow

007 is Kapow

Seriously how many great themes can this guy destroy?

I read years ago a comment from Joe about possible titles? I forgot what he said

F Kapow

I wanted to get on list for 007 LE-but I have zero interest if a boutique game

Hoping 007 is cornerstone and they ditch Venom as cornerstone

#25800 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

And Elvira, and Beatles. Surprised so many people here don’t realize this

Elvira wasn’t KaPow, it was a studio release which Kapow falls under, along with Batman 66 & Beatles which where both KaPow releases

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,038 posts in this topic. You are on page 516 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/516?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.