Pee Wee Buffy (resized).jpg
Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 514 of 924.
#25651 2 years ago

I've been thinking a Daft Punk pin would be awesome!

#25652 2 years ago

The more I think about it, the more I'd love a new Indiana Jones pin. The original Pinball Adventure is a classic, but it's hard to find in the wild (at least for me anyway). And I'd love to see what Elwin (or Meunier) could do with the theme.

Sadly, I doubt this is on anyone's production plan.

#25653 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

I'm a huge EDM fan (90s/00s era) but I think the only act that could pull it off would be Daft Punk. There's enough style there and they'd be really into making custom music/fx for it. I really can't see anybody else being good for selling pins, including The Chems.

I don’t disagree with you on Daft Punk. Their music is on another level when it comes to the EDM genre! However, other than the pyramid and their logo, I can’t see what other visual assets there’d be. The Chems however have a trove of visuals they’ve employed in their live shows that would be very suitable towards a machine.

#25654 2 years ago

Chemical Bros and Daft Punk have one shared advantage - in the world of EDM, they've been around "forever". Or... Daft Punk WAS around forever.... their music certainly will be!

I'm much more familiar with Daft Punk - you'd have different eras of robot mask visuals, Interstella 5555 visuals, and visuals from the non-Interstella videos. References to any of those would be immediately recognizable by even casual fans.

Either of them would make a great contract pin (see, I'm using what I learned!) but I dunno about cornerstones. Daft Punk would be a day-one preorder for me!

#25655 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

The more I think about it, the more I'd love a new Indiana Jones pin. The original Pinball Adventure is a classic, but it's hard to find in the wild (at least for me anyway). And I'd love to see what Elwin (or Meunier) could do with the theme.
Sadly, I doubt this is on anyone's production plan.

Call a distributor and get your name on the list. I love Indiana Jones as well, so have myself on the list.

#25656 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Call a distributor and get your name on the list. I love Indiana Jones as well, so have myself on the list.

Wait, is another IJ coming or can you just call up a distributor and get on a list for anything you can dream up?

#25657 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Wait, is another IJ coming or can you just call up a distributor and get on a list for anything you can dream up?

Yes.

#25658 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Even if there WAS another IJ coming (and I'm pretty sure there isn't), it couldn't possibly outdo the original. But yes...you can give your distro a heads-up if there's a theme you know you'd buy.

#25659 2 years ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Yes, anything you might possibly want you can ask your distributor to reserve. I know some people had Rush on reserve for years.

#25660 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Chemical Bros and Daft Punk have one shared advantage - in the world of EDM, they've been around "forever". Or... Daft Punk WAS around forever.... their music certainly will be!
I'm much more familiar with Daft Punk - you'd have different eras of robot mask visuals, Interstella 5555 visuals, and visuals from the non-Interstella videos. References to any of those would be immediately recognizable by even casual fans.
Either of them would make a great contract pin (see, I'm using what I learned!) but I dunno about cornerstones. Daft Punk would be a day-one preorder for me!

Chemical Bros and Daft Punk also shares video clips makers, Michel Gondry and Spike Jonze. There's some real gems that I would like to see if these machines are made.

#25661 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Yes, anything you might possibly want you can ask your distributor to reserve. I know some people had Rush on reserve for years.

Lol

#25662 2 years ago

If Stern make BTTF they are going to have to make more LEs to fill demand.

Are all numbers they can pull from the films to run production numbers, most distributors have lists longer than their arms.

#25663 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern make BTTF they are going to have to make more LEs to fill demand.
Are all numbers they can pull from the films to run production numbers, most distributors have lists longer than their arms.

Funny thing is, from all those eras - now that the films are old and 1985 is not our „base/ normal“ anymore - this now is propably my most beloved. XD

#25664 2 years ago

I think we should send all the distros a huge white erase board so they can put people down for all future fantasy titles.

Need to get on BTTF, Beetlejuice, Van Halen, Goonies, NHL, Mission Impossible, Grateful Dead, and Jumanji list-pretty please.

You made the list (resized).jpgYou made the list (resized).jpg
#25665 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Need to get on BTTF, Beetlejuice, Van Halen, Goonies, NHL, Mission Impossible, Grateful Dead, and Jumanji list-pretty please. [quoted image]

NHL, I thought Stern was in the business of trying to make money? I like some of these others but NHL?

#25666 2 years ago

Yes NHL

Aren't you guys a little tired of Movie/TV-Super Hero-Rock Band-Rinse and repeat?

Think of all the Canadian pinheads(born with a hockey stick in their hands) and all the other NHL fans. If done right it could be cool. Would need to have tons of hurry-ups and a moving net shot that opens and closes. Timing is everything when scoring goals. Plus it would pair well with my NBA machine(one of the guest favorite machines out of my collection).

I am not feeling Venom at all for some reason. I never really cared for the movies and spin-offs. I liked the comic character but just not feeling this one? Kinda nice to already have 'pass' in your mind before a reveal.

Post-'NEXT' gif here

#25667 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes NHL
Aren't you guys a little tired of Movie/TV-Super Hero-Rock Band-Rinse and repeat?
Think of all the Canadian pinheads(born with a hockey stick in their hands) and all the other NHL fans. If done right it could be cool. Would need to have tons of hurry-ups and a moving net shot that opens and closes. Timing is everything when scoring goals. Plus it would pair well with my NBA machine(one of the guest favorite machines out of my collection).
I am not feeling Venom at all for some reason. I never really cared for the movies and spin-offs. I liked the comic character but just not feeling this one? Kinda nice to already have 'pass' in your mind before a reveal.
Post-'NEXT' gif here

NBA and the NFL team pins weren’t exactly setting sales records…NHL would probably be the same. Very targeted market demographic. Look at the evolution of Stern in the past 20 years. They were making some duds, some so-so’s, and the occasional gem every 2-4 years. Look at them now. Seems like they crank out A-list games on a regular basis. Why? They’ve got the assets, staff, and capital to do it. They got where they are now because they got smart with their marketing. Not after the game is made and ready to ship, but pre-license marketing. They identified the best licenses for successful sales quotas, and pursued them. I’m not knocking Canada, or the NHL, but the number of hockey fans that are pinball enthusiasts is probably less than the number of pinball enthusiasts that are Rush fans…

#25668 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

NBA and the NFL team pins weren’t exactly setting sales records

Dude are you kidding me they sold like 50 NBA machines and 150 NFL-I mean C-mon it kept the line rolling

#25669 2 years ago
Quoted from ryanbrooks:

NBA and the NFL team pins weren’t exactly setting sales records…NHL would probably be the same. Very targeted market demographic. Look at the evolution of Stern in the past 20 years. They were making some duds, some so-so’s, and the occasional gem every 2-4 years. Look at them now. Seems like they crank out A-list games on a regular basis. Why? They’ve got the assets, staff, and capital to do it. They got where they are now because they got smart with their marketing. Not after the game is made and ready to ship, but pre-license marketing. They identified the best licenses for successful sales quotas, and pursued them. I’m not knocking Canada, or the NHL, but the number of hockey fans that are pinball enthusiasts is probably less than the number of pinball enthusiasts that are Rush fans…

I support the idea of a NHL pin because 1) I like hockey and 2) not many others do, so there's a chance I could buy one at a decent price!

C'mon Stern - make some unpopular decisions to help the shallow-pocketed!

#25670 2 years ago

Peacemaker quickly please…

B1E186BC-43A6-4B01-BB38-21E4726BD256 (resized).jpegB1E186BC-43A6-4B01-BB38-21E4726BD256 (resized).jpeg
#25671 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Peacemaker quickly please…
[quoted image]

Loved the show definitely could make for a cool pin.

#25672 2 years ago

It would be cool to have different "year" art for Pro/Prem/LE:
1) Pro: 1955
2) Prem: 2015
3) LE: 1885
4) SLE: Alt-1985

#25673 2 years ago

Tricky move with the art on BTTF, the first movie is without doubt the most beloved, the 2nd is usually peoples least favourite or the most divisive and the 3rd seems to fall into the same category.

I think it would be great to have a mix on every tier maybe but then again I love each film equally.

#25674 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Tricky move with the art on BTTF, the first movie is without doubt the most beloved, the 2nd is usually peoples least favourite or the most divisive and the 3rd seems to fall into the same category.
I think it would be great to have a mix on every tier maybe but then again I love each film equally.

You can focus on the first but I think to be ideal it needs to use assets from all three.

#25675 2 years ago

Very cool idea.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25676 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You can focus on the first but I think to be ideal it needs to use assets from all three.

Agreed. Plus, for the LE, don't you want it to be the Delorean and have the side armor as stainless steel?

#25677 2 years ago

*Mind Blown*.

Quoted from JackG:

Agreed. Plus, for the LE, don't you want it to be the Delorean and have the side armor as stainless steel?

#25678 2 years ago

No BTTF

Kenada (resized).JPGKenada (resized).JPG
#25679 2 years ago

venom !!!!!!!

#25680 2 years ago

Thanks God and Gary, no Foo Fighters.

#25681 2 years ago

Not yet…

#25682 2 years ago

Codename for Jaws....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#25683 2 years ago

God, I hope so!

25761446-DD6A-4600-954C-18DB18222003 (resized).jpeg25761446-DD6A-4600-954C-18DB18222003 (resized).jpeg
#25684 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

No BTTF
[quoted image]

Lots of wishful thinking on this around. You know what they say about wishing in one hand and... BTTF may be coming, but looks like not any time soon. With Bond as the next Kapow probably coming this fall, BTTF could be two years later give or take. Don't let that stop you from getting on those speculative distributor lists, because some day they will probably become real lists and you don't want to miss the boat.

#25685 2 years ago

PINK FLOYD!!!!!!!!!!

#25686 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

No BTTF
[quoted image]

I would say JAWS is codename for BTTF and the release date will coincide with one of the September/October dates in the movie. That's my $.02

jaws-back-to-the-future (resized).jpgjaws-back-to-the-future (resized).jpg
#25687 2 years ago

Saw this artwork and it reminded me of Franchi but I'd never considered this title before.

Screenshot_20220221-112923_Facebook~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220221-112923_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
#25688 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Lots of wishful thinking on this around. You know what they say about wishing in one hand and... BTTF may be coming, but looks like not any time soon. With Bond as the next Kapow probably coming this fall, BTTF could be two years later give or take. Don't let that stop you from getting on those speculative distributor lists, because some day they will probably become real lists and you don't want to miss the boat.

If "Bond" is the next kapow title get ready for a slow/no seller like Zeppelin. Batman 66 could be had cheap before the last run in Dec. Call around to pinball stores and you'll find the only new pins in stock are Zeppelin or a Mando. This is what i'd predict for a Bond release. However, i think Venom could be the next Deadpool and be high demand. BTTF would sell like crazy for multiple years.

#25689 2 years ago
Quoted from Boblabla:

If "Bond" is the next kapow title get ready for a slow/no seller

Funny because I'm on the list for a Bond LE from a distro and I've been told that I was lucky I got in early. Basically the LEs are already gone. Gomez games are always packed and have cool toys, so people will not be backing out once they show this game. This will be a huge hit with huge international appeal too. I see Bond and Jaws as huge sellers. On the other hand boredom with Marvel titles is a real thing. Venom will do fine, but not huge. Think Avengers IQ. Great game that was held back a little by the theme.

#25690 2 years ago

Bond LEs will be sold out before the title is released, just like every new stern release for the foreseeable future.

#25691 2 years ago

Theme or gameplay is irrelevant for the whales/speculators who will buy every new LE just because they can. I'm sure this is the majority of the fabled "List".

#25692 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Funny because I'm on the list for a Bond LE from a distro and I've been told that I was lucky I got in early. Basically the LEs are already gone. Gomez games are always packed and have cool toys, so people will not be backing out once they show this game. This will be a huge hit with huge international appeal too. I see Bond and Jaws as huge sellers. On the other hand boredom with Marvel titles is a real thing. Venom will do fine, but not huge. Think Avengers IQ. Great game that was held back a little by the theme.

Bond has little appeal to a younger generation. think of how much money a bond movie, whichever one they're on now, compared to a marvel movie that breaks box office records. Theme is a big if not the biggest player now.

#25693 2 years ago

Wait, did I jus read that JAMES BOND is a dud theme? Did we not just see 1960s Godzilla sell out instantly? I’ve officially read it all on pinside

#25694 2 years ago
Quoted from eyewantone:

I would say JAWS is codename for BTTF and the release date will coincide with one of the September/October dates in the movie. That's my $.02
[quoted image]

I believe Jaws was the code name for Jurassic park.

#25695 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I believe Jaws was the code name for Jurassic park.

Then what is the codename for Jaws? Everyone seems to know the real names but not the codenames...?

#25696 2 years ago

JAWS was already used as a code name. BTTF…is code name for JAWS.

Quoted from eyewantone:

[quoted image]

#25697 2 years ago

If they use theme specific code names which they don’t always do but for fun theme specific code names should be:

Walther for Bond
Bruce for JAWS

#25698 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Orca for JAWS

Everyone gets hyped for JAWS then BOOM! A Free Willy pin is announced. Surely there's an Orca SOMEWHERE in Free Willy, right??

#25699 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Everyone gets hyped for JAWS then BOOM! A Free Willy pin is announced. Surely there's an Orca SOMEWHERE in Free Willy, right??

I went back and edited you must have caught my post before I finished. The Orca was the boat in JAWS but thinking about it Bruce is a much better code name.

#25700 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I went back and edited you must have caught my post before I finished. The Orca was the boat in JAWS but thinking about it Bruce is a much better code name.

I figured that's what you were going for (the boat), but a misdirect is always a fun "what if"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,156 posts in this topic. You are on page 514 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/514?hl=boblabla and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.