Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 513 of 938.
#25601 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seemed pretty hopeful until they destroyed the TV show with The Witcher Season 2. It was a complete waste of time after a strong start with Season 1.

Totally disagree in fact season one was horrible

#25602 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Totally disagree in fact season one was horrible

Season 1 was a bit hard to follow, but at least it had ACTION and an actual story arc (told, unfortunately, with timejumps and flashbacks). Season 2 had nothing of worth, took Yennifer and made her not do magic - which is what she's THERE FOR and invented a terrible story arc with a gaggle of Witchers hanging out (with prostitutes in their secret hideout!) that seemed like they were cosplayers when the monsters showed up and they got slaughtered when they should have easily been able to handle all of them.

It was a terrible season compared to 1.

#25603 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I 100% completely disagree. I played all of the games and read almost everything for it and I thought season 2 was fantastic. I'm sorry that it "destroyed the tv show" for you. Maybe season 3 you will enjoy more.

What was good about Season 2? The invented "Deathless mother" boring story arc? Completely powerless and inactive Yennifer? All the Witchers that didn't know how to fight easy monsters they'd encountered before? Witchers so dumb they brought a bunch of prostitutes to their supposedly secret fortress hideout? Substantially nerfed Dandelion/Jaskier storylines with almost no songs - from a bard? Season 2 episode scores are lower overall than season 1, and the full season average is less, for good reason.

The ONLY good thing about the second season was the FIRST episode, which was fantastic. The new showrunner for season 2 was a huge downgrade, and the new writers lost in the wilderness, which is CRAZY when they have tons of great source material.

#25604 2 years ago

All I can say is that thanks to Season 2 my wife would force me to buy a Witcher pin if one is announced.

#25605 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes it only becomes clear in hindsight. Here's a list of prior code words for pins...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/415#post-6482253

so you need to add Mando, Rush and Venom to your list. We should know Mando & Rush by now and nobody can confirm Venom is ??? Cobra Kai ?

#25606 2 years ago

Don't hold your breath on Cobra Kai or BTTF. They are not coming.

#25607 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Don't hold your breath on Cobra Kai or BTTF. They are not coming.

You mean all the podcasters who announced BTTF and had multiple sources, were really blowing smoke? I could see that. But I base my opinion on Kaminkow’s interviews alone and he will be doing BTTF. Many also believe that Kaminkow is involved with the upcoming Bond theme pin. I could envision a swap with Stern so Bond is credited to Kaminkow and Stern claims BTTF. Or maybe both are listed jointly as Kaminkow/Stern. I think both Bond and BTTF pins are well underway and will be released this year. I can’t miss an opportunity to point out that should BTTf get pushed until Dec, then we might need to revise the $10k by Christmas saying to account for extra Covid costs and it shall now be known as $15k by Christmas. Then pray we can buy BTTF premiums for ….. $15k.

#25608 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

so you need to add Mando, Rush and Venom to your list. We should know Mando & Rush by now and nobody can confirm Venom is ??? Cobra Kai ?

Mandalorian is Jennie
Rush is Finn (as in Huckleberry Finn from Tom Sawyer)

#25609 2 years ago

I have never listened to a podcast since Topcast. Once again, don't hold your breath on BTTF.

#25610 2 years ago

You mean all the podcasters who announced BTTF and had multiple sources, were really blowing smoke? I could see that. But I base my opinion on Kaminkow’s interviews alone and he will be doing BTTF. Many also believe that Kaminkow is involved with the upcoming Bond theme pin. I could envision a swap with Stern so Bond is credited to Kaminkow and Stern claims BTTF. Or maybe both are listed jointly as Kaminkow/Stern. I think both Bond and BTTF pins are well underway and will be released this year. I can’t miss an opportunity to point out that should BTTf get pushed until Dec, then we might need to revise the $10k by Christmas saying to account for extra Covid costs and it shall now be known as $15k by Christmas. Then pray we can buy BTTF premiums for ….. $15k.

BOOM! This man knows what he's talking about! BTTF is coming by Dec 22/Jan 23 (and Cobra Kai in 2022).

#25611 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seemed pretty hopeful until they destroyed the TV show with The Witcher Season 2. It was a complete waste of time after a strong start with Season 1.

It's all good we all like what we like. Really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 personally.

#25612 2 years ago

Heard Joe K. tease on at least 3 different podcast BTTF. It’s coming whether people want to believe it or not. It is a cash cow machine, so why wouldn’t they do it? Remember, Joe K also did the original BTTF too, so its not like he doesn’t already have a relationship with the IP. He wouldn’t constantly be trolling it, if it were not in the works already. Just look at the interest in this thread alone. By far the #1 most desired pin.

#25613 2 years ago

I hoping BTTF or Scooby Doo. Either would be amazing!

#25614 2 years ago

For me, that episode of Billions with the BTTF pin in the background, sealed it!

(Note: I have never in my life seen an episode of Billions) lol

74EA9162-C19F-4455-955D-2ED12F830A0B (resized).jpeg74EA9162-C19F-4455-955D-2ED12F830A0B (resized).jpeg
#25615 2 years ago

What if Jaws is code for ….. ???

Jaws was meant to be on TV tonight , but a guy got eaten by a great white , so now they're playing Vin Diesel triple x instead .
What are the odds .

IMG20220217203520 (resized).jpgIMG20220217203520 (resized).jpg
#25616 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Heard Joe K. tease on at least 3 different podcast BTTF. It’s coming whether people want to believe it or not. It is a cash cow machine, so why wouldn’t they do it? Remember, Joe K also did the original BTTF too, so its not like he doesn’t already have a relationship with the IP. He wouldn’t constantly be trolling it, if it were not in the works already. Just look at the interest in this thread alone. By far the #1 most desired pin.

Joe K does one Kapow game with Stern roughly every 2-3 years. The next Kapow game is not BTTF. Not saying BTTF is not coming, just don't hold your breath because it is at best well over two years out. Elvira came out in 2019 and the next Kapow isn't until after Venom. So if BTTF is to show up it will most likely not be until fall of 2024 at the earliest.

#25617 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Joe K does one Kapow game with Stern roughly every 2-3 years. The next Kapow game is not BTTF. Not saying BTTF is not coming, just don't hold your breath because it is at best well over two years out. Elvira came out in 2019 and the next Kapow isn't until after Venom. So if BTTF is to show up it will most likely not be until fall of 2024 at the earliest.

Elvira wasn’t a KaPow release, it falls under Sterns “Studio” titles which followed the premium pricing set by BM66, other than the price Elvira has no connection to BM66 or KaPow.

#25618 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Elvira wasn’t a KaPow release, it falls under Sterns “Studio” titles which followed the premium pricing set by BM66, other than the price Elvira has no connection to BM66 or KaPow.

OK, my bad I totally forgot that! That just increases the time between Kapows if Beatles was the last one in 2018. BM66 was 2016. The point stays the same, BTTF is not coming any time soon. Not saying its not coming, just don't hold your breath.

#25619 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

OK, my bad I totally forgot that! That just increases the time between Kapows if Beatles was the last one in 2018. BM66 was 2016. The point stays the same, BTTF is not coming any time soon. Not saying its not coming, just don't hold your breath.

I don’t think it’s coming anytime soon either, I spoke with one of the guys at the head of BTTF merchandising a few years ago and he mentioned the only thing pinball related that had been brought to his attention was involving Vpin.

He is also a pinball fan and while we where chatting mentioned he had a Data East BTTF at home, super cool dude and very forthcoming as he’s a fan first and foremost, he mentioned more than once he would love to see another BTTF pin and support it if it came across his desk.

#25620 2 years ago

I'm new to following Stern releases as they are announced and resolve. I've seen a couple different release styles mentioned, such as "kapow" and "cornerstone" and "home" (this one is obvious). Is there a breakdown somewhere of all of these different release styles and what they entail? What the differences in the styles are? Is it purely manufacturing numbers or is there more to it?

#25621 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

I'm new to following Stern releases as they are announced and resolve. I've seen a couple different release styles mentioned, such as "kapow" and "cornerstone" and "home" (this one is obvious). Is there a breakdown somewhere of all of these different release styles and what they entail? What the differences in the styles are? Is it purely manufacturing numbers or is there more to it?

Not sure if there’s a breakdown anywhere but keeping it simple they are as follows:

• Cornerstone, these are Sterns regularly released commercial titles, usually between 3 or 4 releases a year, consisting of a Pro, Premium, LE & a price increase

• Vaults, these are rereleases, of Cornerstone titles that have been retired, these are either identical to the original releases or come with minor upgrades over the original cornerstone release.

• Studio releases are those developed with other studios like KaPow (BM66 & Beatles) and other external design teams like Elvira HOH, these games usually come with a premium level of pricing.

• Home Pins are aimed at the non enthusiast home buyers, these games started out terrible but the recent Spider-Man, Star Wars and Jurassic Park Home pins have actually been a lot of fun too shoot.

• Contract games are games like Primus and Heavy Metal, they are abit of an amalgamation of Home and Studio releases, they utilise the Home Pin layouts and tech but roll out with a Studio release level of premium pricing. These are often made when a brand approaches Stern to design and manufacture them a branded product.

#25622 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Kapow are big licenses that Joe Kaminkow helps obtain and partners up with Stern. Like Batman 66 and Beatles. These pins cost a little more and don't have Pro models.

Cornerstone are the main releases with Pro, Premium and LE versions.

Home pin is a less pricey version of a license for home use only.

Vault is a pin that has been archived for years, and then Stern re-releases them for a special run.

#25623 2 years ago

Very informative - thank you both!!

#25624 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Very informative - thank you both!!

No problem mate, it’s sometimes nice to remind myself

#25625 2 years ago

New exclusive poster just revealed, backglass is done right there!

17A59034-5948-4BBB-B65B-BC7276605BB6 (resized).jpeg17A59034-5948-4BBB-B65B-BC7276605BB6 (resized).jpeg
#25626 2 years ago

This would be awesome!!!

MV5BNGQwZjg5YmYtY2VkNC00NzliLTljYTctNzI5NmU3MjE2ODQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNGQwZjg5YmYtY2VkNC00NzliLTljYTctNzI5NmU3MjE2ODQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzkwMjQ5NzM@._V1_ (resized).jpg
#25627 2 years ago

New code update for Godzilla owners..0.91

D398DF54-1BAD-4EB8-998A-9D5312711863 (resized).jpegD398DF54-1BAD-4EB8-998A-9D5312711863 (resized).jpeg
#25628 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What was good about Season 2? The invented "Deathless mother" boring story arc? Completely powerless and inactive Yennifer? All the Witchers that didn't know how to fight easy monsters they'd encountered before? Witchers so dumb they brought a bunch of prostitutes to their supposedly secret fortress hideout? Substantially nerfed Dandelion/Jaskier storylines with almost no songs - from a bard? Season 2 episode scores are lower overall than season 1, and the full season average is less, for good reason.
The ONLY good thing about the second season was the FIRST episode, which was fantastic. The new showrunner for season 2 was a huge downgrade, and the new writers lost in the wilderness, which is CRAZY when they have tons of great source material.

I mean, I just liked it lol. That's just my opinion. I like the universe as a whole. I played all the games, read the literature, and just am so thrilled to actually be able to watch it in a TV setting now. It's amazing for me. This is just my opinion, man. I'm not going to answer all your questions because I simply don't care to.

"The only good thing about season 2 was the first episode"; again, I disagree. And that's ok lol. It's art and is subjective, right? Just because you think that's the only good thing doesn't mean that's necessarily true for everyone else.

You seem REALLY in disfavor of it, and that's cool. I was just stating I disagree and that I love the universe. I also the love the Alien universe and Star Wars. Are all of their movies, books, and comics great? No, but I still love them because it's a universe I like to escape to.

Reread what you just said all because I said I simply disagree and it was just my opinion. I actually buy stuff from you, man. Everything ok? It's all good to agree and disagree, ya know. It's really unfortunate that has not become ok to do in these times on certain sides of the aisle. It's all good, man.

I'm going to join back in the conversation now about the next Stern pin and maybe go chill and watch a movie. Until next time, I guess, when I buy from your website again... Have a good one.

#25629 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I mean, I just liked it lol. That's just my opinion. I like the universe as a whole. I played all the games, read the literature, and just am so thrilled to actually be able to watch it in a TV setting now. It's amazing for me. This is just my opinion, man. I'm not going to answer all your questions because I simply don't care to.

I wasn't saying you can't have your opinion. I mean, I like Xanadu. With that known, I do not have a defensible space to ban opinions in this world.

And I didn't expect you to answer anything. I was just pointing out the things that made Season 2 much worse than Season 1. The loss of the showrunner after S02 E01 that went off to make the Witcher elf prequel was severely evident.

So, to summarize, I hated season 2, except for episode 1, and you are absolutely allowed to have your own opinion.

#25630 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I wasn't saying you can't have your opinion. I mean, I like Xanadu. I do not have a defensible space for an extreme position like that.
And I didn't expect you to answer anything. I was just pointing out the things that made Season 2 much worse than Season 1. The loss of the showrunner after S02 E01 that went off to make the Witcher elf prequel was severely evident.
So, to summarize, I hated season 2, except for episode 1, and you are absolutely allowed to have your own opinion.

Ok, awesome. Can I have free stuff then since we're best friends now? Err, too soon... I'll see myself out.

#25631 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Just curious, do you have inside infornation to support these statements? If not, they fall into the opinion and conjecture category like the bulk of comments in this thread. None of us really know when and what the next Kapow title will be but with the musical in the works, I wouldn't be too surprised if it is his next game.

#25632 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Just curious, do you have inside infornation to support these statements? If not, they fall into the opinion and conjecture category like the bulk of comments in this thread. None of us really know when and what the next Kapow title will be but with the musical in the works, I wouldn't be too surprised if it is his next game.

You are right to question whether limited anecdotal data defines a manufacturing policy. For Bond and BTTF to be coming out after Venom, they need to have been in Stern’s rotation for awhile. IMO, they have been and nothing prevents them from following each other nor both from occurring in the near term. I am grouping Bond and BTTF together because I believe each will be released under Stern/Kapow brand.

#25633 2 years ago

I feel we might need a bigger boat!

45th Jaws (resized).jpg45th Jaws (resized).jpg
#25634 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Even schedules set in stone are not set in stone these days with the parts shortages.

That said, talk to your distributor and tell them you want to get on the list for a 007 premium or LE, then ask about Venom, then ask about BTTF. You will most likely find that there are lists being made for the first two games and not BTTF or at least not based on solid information for BTTF at this point. With the back orders of games, Stern is not worried about selling everything they make. In previous years Stern and distributors kept the coming games much more secret and not only to keep the information from competitors. People might have skipped a game in anticipation of the next...

#25635 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think it’s coming anytime soon either, I spoke with one of the guys at the head of BTTF merchandising a few years ago and he mentioned the only thing pinball related that had been brought to his attention was involving Vpin.

Because it would be prudent for "head of BTTF merchandising" to break NDA on a multi-million dollar deal to some rando?

#25636 2 years ago

Ghostbusters 40th !!

Cmon Stern

Please

#25637 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Even schedules set in stone are not set in stone these days with the parts shortages.
That said, talk to your distributor and tell them you want to get on the list for a 007 premium or LE, then ask about Venom, then ask about BTTF. You will most likely find that there are lists being made for the first two games and not BTTF or at least not based on solid information for BTTF at this point. With the back orders of games, Stern is not worried about selling everything they make. In previous years Stern and distributors kept the coming games much more secret and not only to keep the information from competitors. People might have skipped a game in anticipation of the next...

I skipped Potc for Family Guy

So I understand that 100%

#25638 2 years ago

I know we just had a music pin released but when it comes back around I really feel Dschinghis Khan deserves a pin. Your welcome.

#25640 2 years ago

Evidently you have all the answers, so how much money is involved in a pinball machine with a license like BTTF? End to end. From the moment of conception, negotiation, R&D, production, marketing, and sales?

#25641 2 years ago

[deleted]

#25642 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Evidently you have all the answers, so how much money is involved in a pinball machine with a license like BTTF? End to end. From the moment of conception, negotiation, R&D, production, marketing, and sales?

For Stern, yes there are many millions involved. Excuse my LOL if that is what you meant. Generally the license gets $50-100 a game from what has been posted here numerous times. True the Kapow games do deal with more expensive and difficult to get licenses, so maybe the people who own BTTF might see a million or more dollars if it is a REALLY good seller and Stern pays a ton for the license. MJ Fox would need to get some money out of it too!

#25643 2 years ago

My distributor is taking interest in BTTF.. he has told his supplier (doesn’t deal direct with Stern) that he will have every single LE that comes to the UK.. that’s how long a list he has!

#25644 2 years ago

I know of multiple distributors maintaining interest lists for BTTF. Stern will break modern day sales records with a good BTTF trilogy game.

#25645 2 years ago

My distributor has a BTTF list also, and there's quite a few people on it already.

#25646 2 years ago

It's almost time to go back ... to the future!

FB_IMG_1626317265723 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626317265723 (resized).jpg
#25647 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Because it would be prudent for "head of BTTF merchandising" to break NDA on a multi-million dollar deal to some rando?

Well he told me a few things that ended up materialising so make of that what you will.

BTTF merchandising is done by a committee of individuals, one of which is simply the head of the official fan site.

Also how do you think leaks happen? They come from people that have insider knowledge so slow your roll junior.

#25648 2 years ago

We need an EDM pinball machine.

I propose The Chemical Brothers. They've been around since the early 90's, still making Grammy winning albums. They headline massive festivals world-wide, and sell out arenas on their own. And the visuals and music would be PERFECT for pinball!

#25649 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

This was great advice and my name is now on a list for a BTTF Le Happy camper here!

#25650 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

We need an EDM pinball machine. I propose The Chemical Brothers.

I'm a huge EDM fan (90s/00s era) but I think the only act that could pull it off would be Daft Punk. There's enough style there and they'd be really into making custom music/fx for it. I really can't see anybody else being good for selling pins, including The Chems.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Happy Valley, OR
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,867 posts in this topic. You are on page 513 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/513?hl=michigandad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.