maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 512 of 940.
#25551 2 years ago

Well… for starters Jaws was code name for Jurassic Park.

#25552 2 years ago

So are we getting Venom and Cobra Kai or just Cobra Kai?

Today I think the next 3 releases, in no particular order, are Cobra Kai, Jaws, BTTF.

I say we see them in May, September, and January.

#25553 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So are we getting Venom and Cobra Kai or just Cobra Kai?
Today I think the next 3 releases, in no particular order, are Cobra Kai, Jaws, BTTF.
I say we see them in May, September, and January.

VENOM IS NEXT

#25554 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Jaws was a a great film in 1975 when peeps didn’t really understand sharks.
Wind the clock forward they don’t really chase and eat boats.
Great cast, movie is great but for pinball, not so sure unless you love rubber, 25ft 3 tons .. lol

That Jaws music alone would get old really fast

#25555 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

From my sources it will be Venom now from what I’m hearing on another from JERSEY JACK THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THEY MIGHT BE ANNOUNCING TOY STORY AROUND APRIL which could be a big hit.

They can announce now to be fair, it still wouldn't come out until at least October knowing JJP

#25556 2 years ago

:applause:Jaws is actually the code for baywatch

#25557 2 years ago

JAWS =
SAWJ ames bond

#25558 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

JAWS =
SAWJ ames bond

or Jaws from James Bond?

#25559 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

or Jaws from James Bond?

I like this. Hopefully.

#25560 2 years ago

Quick reminder, that JAWS was Sterns codename for Jurassic Park:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-confidence-level/page/6#post-5204154

#25561 2 years ago

Now they did a Rush pin that looks the goods how about Trailer park boys the best thing to come out of Canada.

#25562 2 years ago

What makes you think Venom is next? I'm pretty sure that's not happening and it's nothing but a rumor.

#25563 2 years ago

What do you get if you mashup BTTF, James Bond and Jaws into one pinball machine?

A hot mess.

#25564 2 years ago

Anyone else watch the classic romance that is BTTF 3 today? Doc and Clara ♡♡♡ Who's hype for Stern's BTTF?!

06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpg06fc408d38e466ddf63fcdeeae741da2fd789d03 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742259206 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742259206 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220104-125842_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220104-125842_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-220132_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-220132_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-002843_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220128-002843_Instagram (resized).jpg
#25565 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

What makes you think Venom is next? I'm pretty sure that's not happening and it's nothing but a rumor.

wp8324923 (resized).jpgwp8324923 (resized).jpg
#25566 2 years ago

Yeah, the series is corny, but I could see a machine working. Lots of great 80s music to choose from, too.

cobra kai mockup-sml.pngcobra kai mockup-sml.png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25567 2 years ago

I was thinking about this... With all the Pokémon discussion, I think a Lego pin would be amazing. Kids would love it, and there is a huge adult Lego collector crowd. The Lego Movie characters could make great toys- think Metalbeard, Benny, a double decker couch somewhere. Just throwing out another idea for discussion

#25568 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

What makes you think Venom

Just from a couple of people I know that work in the industry n from a few distributors that have heard the same. Now it all could be smoke we will just have to wait n see. Me personally I want BEETLE JUICE- BTTF- or SCOOBY DOO ANY ONE OF THEM WOULD BE FANTASTIC IN MY OPINION. LOL

#25569 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

I was thinking about this... With all the Pokémon discussion, I think a Lego pin would be amazing. Kids would love it, and there is a huge adult Lego collector crowd. The Lego Movie characters could make great toys- think Metalbeard, Benny, a double decker couch somewhere. Just throwing out another idea for discussion

It could work but it seems when any type of manufacturer chases the "it" thing for kids they risk crashing and burning. Especially when you have a product that needs as much R&D time as a pin. Same risks as licensing the "next summer blockbuster" or the hot new TV show.

Seems to me if you're going to go with a license I'd go for the wider, proven, cult-ish licenses. Back to the Future, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Big Lebowski, etc.

If you're going to go with a newer movie theme the license better be basically free and it better be a slam dunk. Think Top Gun, Fast & Furious, etc.

I'm not a Lego freak so, to me, a pin themed with Lego and the Lego movie characters would seem just like another version of the Hot Wheels pin. Certainly a wider audience that HW but still very limited.

#25570 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone notice an increased number of NIB Stern games showing up damaged? Just in the past few weeks I received a RUSH completely demolished. Cab cracked on three corners and the head hanging off the side. A friend of mine received a DP premium (which they were on a waitlist for two years) cabinet severely gouged in two places. Fuc# is going on? Fed ex noobs? Getting anxious about receiving games in the future.

Curious how you took shipment? Were you able to open the box before refusal? How did this go down (I ask because I have 3 games coming soon and could use some advice on how to accept and inspect a shipment)

#25571 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Curious how you took shipment? Were you able to open the box before refusal? How did this go down (I ask because I have 3 games coming soon and could use some advice on how to accept and inspect a shipment)

Your distributor should give you clear instructions on what to do - if they haven't, reach out to them before you accept delivery.

Here are the instructions I got for a delivery I am expecting shortly (sorry for the ALL CAPS):

"*** PLEASE NOTE ***

THE SHIPMENT MUST BE UNBOXED AND THOROUGHLY INSPECTED (ALL FOUR SIDES, TOP, BOTTOM, ETC.) UPON ARRIVAL WHILE THE FREIGHT COMPANY IS STILL THERE. THERE CAN BE DAMAGE SUSTAINED BY DROPPING THE MACHINE WHICH MAY NOT BE OBVIOUS WITH A VISIBLE INSPECTION OF THE OUTSIDE PACKAGING.

IF THE DRIVER WILL NOT WAIT FOR YOU TO UNBOX THE FREIGHT, JUST NOTE 'UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' ON THE PAPERWORK HE WILL ASK YOU TO SIGN AND THEN SIGN.

IF THERE IS ANY DAMAGE WHATSOEVER, YOU MAY EITHER REFUSE THE SHIPMENT OR NOTE THE DAMAGE ON THE BILL OF LADING WHEN SIGNING FOR THE SHIPMENT.

IF THERE ARE NO NOTES DESCRIBING ANY DAMAGE OR "UNABLE TO CHECK FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE' NOTED ON THE SIGNED PAPERWORK, THEN THERE IS NO RECOURSE FOR AN INSURANCE CLAIM OF DAMAGE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL US AT xxx-xxx-xxxx OR CALL THE FREIGHT COMPANY'S CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER ABOVE.

AGAIN, DO NOT SIGN FOR THE MERCHANDISE UNTIL YOU ARE SATISFIED THAT IT HAS NOT BEEN DAMAGED IN TRANSIT - YOUR SIGNATURE ON THE BILL OF LADING WITHOUT NOTATIONS MEANS THAT THE MACHINE WAS RECEIVED CLEAR OF ANY SHIPPING DAMAGE.*****"

#25572 2 years ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

It could work but it seems when any type of manufacturer chases the "it" thing for kids they risk crashing and burning. Especially when you have a product that needs as much R&D time as a pin. Same risks as licensing the "next summer blockbuster" or the hot new TV show.
Seems to me if you're going to go with a license I'd go for the wider, proven, cult-ish licenses. Back to the Future, Little Shop of Horrors, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Big Lebowski, etc.
If you're going to go with a newer movie theme the license better be basically free and it better be a slam dunk. Think Top Gun, Fast & Furious, etc.
I'm not a Lego freak so, to me, a pin themed with Lego and the Lego movie characters would seem just like another version of the Hot Wheels pin. Certainly a wider audience that HW but still very limited.

Pokemon or Legos aren't going anywhere anytime soon

#25573 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Anyone else watch the classic romance that is BTTF 3 today? Doc and Clara ♡♡♡ Who's hype for Stern's BTTF?!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is a sign...

#25574 2 years ago

Pokemon COULD work, but there is just soooooooo much media and sooooooo many changes to the games over the years that they'd likely never win with the fandom. Maybe if they stuck with theming surrounding the initial generation or first and second generation to ride a nostalgia wave that will likely never completely wane, it would work. At the same time, I think it would be theming dud with the upper half of the pinball buyer age range. The generation of people that would "day one preorder" a Pokemon machine probably aren't quite ripe enough to spend $7-10k on such a luxury. Maybe in a few years. It would certainly get a TON of plays in barcades, though, so it would probably be great for ops. Current barcade crowd looks to be folks in their late 20s and up. People who have outgrown "clubs" but still want to socialize.

Lego as a theme would be cool, but I think it would have to be more of a timeless take, rather than a "The Lego Movie" theme. Lego as we know it now has been around since the 50's, so I'm sure there's a way to create a mass appeal theme around that. Personally, that would be a day-one purchase for me if it included theming that represented the 80s-90s-00s sets.

Either way - I don't see Stern being the one to produce either of those, at least not for at least a decade. They're making a killing on super hero pins, anything Star Wars, music pins, and their Netflix deal is due to yield another pin soon. They've got their formula and it seems to be working extremely well for them with no signs of slowing.

#25575 2 years ago

That’s why Stern should just make Pokémon a location game. Make one pro model and churn em out. My location allows kids so this theme is an absolute no brainer coin drop wise.

Quoted from aamauzy:

Pokemon COULD work, but there is just soooooooo much media and sooooooo many changes to the games over the years that they'd likely never win with the fandom. Maybe if they stuck with theming surrounding the initial generation or first and second generation to ride a nostalgia wave that will likely never completely wane, it would work. At the same time, I think it would be theming dud with the upper half of the pinball buyer age range. The generation of people that would "day one preorder" a Pokemon machine probably aren't quite ripe enough to spend $7-10k on such a luxury. Maybe in a few years. It would certainly get a TON of plays in barcades, though, so it would probably be great for ops. Current barcade crowd looks to be folks in their late 20s and up. People who have outgrown "clubs" but still want to socialize.
Lego as a theme would be cool, but I think it would have to be more of a timeless take, rather than a "The Lego Movie" theme. Lego as we know it now has been around since the 50's, so I'm sure there's a way to create a mass appeal theme around that. Personally, that would be a day-one purchase for me if it included theming that represented the 80s-90s-00s sets.
Either way - I don't see Stern being the one to produce either of those, at least not for at least a decade. They're making a killing on super hero pins, anything Star Wars, music pins, and their Netflix deal is due to yield another pin soon. They've got their formula and it seems to be working extremely well for them with no signs of slowing.

#25576 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Just from a couple of people I know that work in the industry n from a few distributors that have heard the same. Now it all could be smoke we will just have to wait n see. ...

Venom might make sense...

There's an unfinished Ritchie design out there and Venom would make a good sequel to the spider man pin.

#25577 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s why Stern should just make Pokémon a location game. Make one pro model and churn em out. My location allows kids so this theme is an absolute no brainer coin drop wise.

I keep seeing the "kids" comments but arcade bars are filled with 21+ who will drop money as well, much more than kids. The prime demographic is like 25-35 now.

#25578 2 years ago

Agreed, it would earn like crazy with 5yo-35yo for sure.

Quoted from BasementFacts:

I keep seeing the "kids" comments but arcade bars are filled with 21+ who will drop money as well, much more than kids. The prime demographic is like 25-35 now.

#25579 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

This is a sign...

The concept looks stunning!!

E36A311E-65A2-4041-9272-6DFB6DC86C17 (resized).jpegE36A311E-65A2-4041-9272-6DFB6DC86C17 (resized).jpegB25B7E31-8D2C-4269-8E10-3D5B01974442 (resized).jpegB25B7E31-8D2C-4269-8E10-3D5B01974442 (resized).jpegDDCC05AC-418B-46FA-AE58-A7D36684FC77 (resized).jpegDDCC05AC-418B-46FA-AE58-A7D36684FC77 (resized).jpeg14A4EE3E-7050-4BF3-ADA7-E3CDB83DC3B4 (resized).jpeg14A4EE3E-7050-4BF3-ADA7-E3CDB83DC3B4 (resized).jpeg6C3A91B5-EB53-426F-9F56-12F9D2466B6E (resized).jpeg6C3A91B5-EB53-426F-9F56-12F9D2466B6E (resized).jpeg

#25580 2 years ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

They're making a killing on super hero pins, anything Star Wars, music pins, and their Netflix deal is due to yield another pin soon.

5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg5ffd5dc00e82f02db54b9d66389f4021 (resized).jpg
#25581 2 years ago
Quoted from doc5md:

This would at least be the most and most easily modded machine. DIY Toys!!!

#25582 2 years ago

All the Jaws rumors started because of being the JP code name. I seriously doubt it ever happens (though I would be completely fine being proven wrong). I also just get the feeling Venom is a code name too. Cobra Kai would be the type of thing they would use "venom" for. Though the super hopeful part of me still hopes its Harry Potter, LOL. But if it's actually Venom, that would be awesome.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25583 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It would need a mystery machine somewhere, but stern could just take the TMNT van and reuse that somewhere.

Fast times at Ridgemont High

#25584 2 years ago

What if Jaws is code for ….. ???

C3F34CAB-EFC4-479A-843D-42C1DE96D3EB.gifC3F34CAB-EFC4-479A-843D-42C1DE96D3EB.gif

2D807D5B-4BD1-4D5E-B341-5D3AE5227698.gif2D807D5B-4BD1-4D5E-B341-5D3AE5227698.gif
#25585 2 years ago

When you guys refer to “code words”, where does this code word originate from? For instance where did venom come from?

#25586 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What if Jaws is code for ….. ???
[quoted image][quoted image]

Plausible! Namco has been loose with the license lately. Not sure how you could make a whole pin based on Pac-Man though. A multi-theme with other classic Namco games might work...

#25587 2 years ago

Plausible! Namco has been loose with the license lately. Not sure how you could make a whole pin based on Pac-Man though. A multi-theme with other classic Namco games might work...

Omg pac man would be a dream theme. The premium could be me. PAC man. Last pac pinball didn't vplay so great.

#25588 2 years ago

JAWS? This guy was in James Bond, right?? There you go...

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 6.17.09 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-02-15 at 6.17.09 PM (resized).png
#25589 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Pokemon or Legos aren't going anywhere anytime soon</blockquote

JAWS? This guy was in James Bond, right?? There you go...
[quoted image]

That’s the only Jaws I want to see in James Bond pinball.

#25590 2 years ago

Knuckles spin off along with Sonic 3 has just been confirmed. Let those come out so there’s more footage available and let’s have a Sonic pin in a couple of years.

The Homebrew is great but I wouldn’t mind a production machine using assets from the movies the character designs are fantastic and some crazy Jim Carey call-outs in there would make it a must buy!

5BE403FA-F2B1-4BE8-8E71-835B744EE776 (resized).jpeg5BE403FA-F2B1-4BE8-8E71-835B744EE776 (resized).jpeg
#25591 2 years ago

They already did Mr & Ms Pacman and Baby Pac Man pins. It's a huge stretch, but it's not impossible.

#25592 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

When you guys refer to “code words”, where does this code word originate from? For instance where did venom come from?

Sometimes it only becomes clear in hindsight. Here's a list of prior code words for pins...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/415#post-6482253

#25593 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sometimes it only becomes clear in hindsight. Here's a list of prior code words for pins...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/415#post-6482253

So basically someone starts a rumor that “venom” is coming. Then we figure out it meant cobra kai or snakes on a plane or something. Got it

#25594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

So basically someone starts a rumor that “venom” is coming. Then we figure out it meant cobra kai or snakes on a plane or something. Got it

Venom has come from a number of reliable sources and some have said their distributor has confirmed it, always take it with a pinch of salt but I’m pretty excited at the potential of a Venom (comic based) pin.

#25595 2 years ago

We will see.
I might just wait for the next Elwin.

#25596 2 years ago

I didn't read many posts far back but hoping very much for The Witcher as the next Netflix license. Didn't think ot through outside of it being awesome as a game and show (personally haven't read any of the books just games/tv).

#25597 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I didn't read many posts far back but hoping very much for The Witcher as the next Netflix license. Didn't think ot through outside of it being awesome as a game and show (personally haven't read any of the books just games/tv).

Seemed pretty hopeful until they destroyed the TV show with The Witcher Season 2. It was a complete waste of time after a strong start with Season 1.

#25598 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seemed pretty hopeful until they destroyed the TV show with The Witcher Season 2. It was a complete waste of time after a strong start with Season 1.

wow I totally disagree. Season 2 was awesome and way better than season 1 imho. Im a big witcher fan as Ive read many of the original material and have played through all the games/expansions.

#25599 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I 100% completely disagree. I played all of the games and read almost everything for it and I thought season 2 was fantastic. I'm sorry that it "destroyed the tv show" for you. Maybe season 3 you will enjoy more.

#25600 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I 100% completely disagree. I played all of the games and read almost everything for it and I thought season 2 was fantastic. I'm sorry that it "destroyed the tv show" for you. Maybe season 3 you will enjoy more.

Well it seems we agree and appreciate the same books and video games. Heh

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St. Cloud, FL
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 512 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/512?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.