20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 504 of 942.
#25151 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pink Floyd has got to be done sometime surely?

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. I believe Gary Stern is Jewish and Roger Waters is an anti Semite..

#25152 2 years ago

Unfortunately Pink Floyd’s music just doesn’t go well with pinball.

#25153 2 years ago

Oh man, can you imagine? The Wall would make such an incredible theme!

#25154 2 years ago

I forgot Nightmare Before Christmas as one of the obvious ones

#25155 2 years ago

Sloth love Chunk !!!! Fing Goonies is a dream and a layup for a designer .I have no guesses to what’s next but I’m starting to believe the JD/FF rumors .Jack is the perfect designer to continue the bridge to the younger crowd with a Foo Fighters pin !! For sure music for pinball

#25156 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Sloth love Chunk !!!! Fing Goonies is a dream and a layup for a designer .I have no guesses to what’s next but I’m starting to believe the JD/FF rumors .Jack is the perfect designer to continue the bridge to the younger crowd with a Foo Fighters pin !! For sure music for pinball

Noooooo, Sabbath first then ff. Hoping

#25157 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well, I wouldn't hold your breath. I believe Gary Stern is Jewish and Roger Waters is an anti Semite..

Ace Frehley and Peter Criss were anti-Semitic, according to Paul Stanley. Didn't stop Stern from cashing in on KISS.

#25158 2 years ago

Insane that I haven’t seen this suggested yet. For me, I want something with a little harder edge. This fits the bill…

79161A0A-0879-4AEA-B991-9832E298B72F (resized).jpeg79161A0A-0879-4AEA-B991-9832E298B72F (resized).jpeg
#25159 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ace Frehley and Peter Criss were anti-Semitic, according to Paul Stanley. Didn't stop Stern from cashing in on KISS.

Neither of those guys were on the new Stern

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25160 2 years ago
F8F6EE44-1B28-46F8-93E5-3CF3592B8559 (resized).jpegF8F6EE44-1B28-46F8-93E5-3CF3592B8559 (resized).jpeg
#25161 2 years ago

I love "Christine(1983)", but for a Pinball I think that there’s more potential in another John Carpenter’s title in my POV

-The Thing(1982)
-Big Trouble in Little China(1986)
-Escape From New York(1981)

… even "They Live(1988)… (OBEY! )

#25162 2 years ago

Don’t think Stern would do it, but I’d love to see a pin based on The Warriors. Have the DJ guiding you where to shoot.

#25163 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Don’t think Stern would do it, but I’d love to see a pin based on The Warriors. Have the DJ guiding you where to shoot.

It would take a lot of recording, but I think it would be better to have her broadcast critique of your gameplay on her "radio show" in real time.

#25164 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Not many people would agree. This is my dream pin…..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Fnaf could actually be a sick theme if done well, especially since there aren't that many "scary" pins.

#25165 2 years ago

This would be epic, fun and amazing call outs.

362CC442-7635-43C9-A86C-E1BCD567560F (resized).jpeg362CC442-7635-43C9-A86C-E1BCD567560F (resized).jpeg
#25166 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Bop your way back to Coney Island. The Warriors is one of my top 3 too niche they’ll never make it themes.

95AD381C-285B-43A0-B29E-6F240D063CAE (resized).jpeg95AD381C-285B-43A0-B29E-6F240D063CAE (resized).jpeg31C51A04-2346-44D3-8CFE-2D1FB33B0B16 (resized).jpeg31C51A04-2346-44D3-8CFE-2D1FB33B0B16 (resized).jpeg05C0B246-4A73-4C52-B2CE-386E0081B088 (resized).jpeg05C0B246-4A73-4C52-B2CE-386E0081B088 (resized).jpeg
#25167 2 years ago

Being a little on the younger side my theme choices are pretty different.

Would love to see Mortal Kombat pin from Stern take the structure of Deadpool and put it on steroids more characters to fight, fatalities, animations lifted from the game, awesome!

0AAC00B3-7F31-41A8-A0E8-6EAC94E9C12E (resized).png0AAC00B3-7F31-41A8-A0E8-6EAC94E9C12E (resized).png

John Wick would make a killer theme super face paced scenes that would be perfect for pinball, Ironman on steroids with magnets making the game fight you.

F64793D4-3D7D-4192-8906-339E06AAB264 (resized).jpegF64793D4-3D7D-4192-8906-339E06AAB264 (resized).jpeg

Dredd would also be cool, great film massively underrated cheap licence and get Karl Urban back again for custom call-outs.

1603E36B-C638-412E-B4F8-21279AF26C42 (resized).jpeg1603E36B-C638-412E-B4F8-21279AF26C42 (resized).jpeg

#25168 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Being a little on the younger side my theme choices are pretty different.
Would love to see Mortal Kombat pin from Stern take the structure of Deadpool and put it on steroids more characters to fight, fatalities, animations lifted from the game, awesome!
[quoted image]
John Wick would make a killer theme super face paced scenes that would be perfect for pinball, Ironman on steroids with magnets making the game fight you.
[quoted image]
Dredd would also be cool, great film massively underrated cheap licence and get Karl Urban back again for custom call-outs.
[quoted image]

I’d definitely be onboard with Dredd. Rumour was Urban was going to return for a TV series continuation called Mega City One. Don’t know if that’s still in the works.

#25169 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I’d definitely be onboard with Dredd. Rumour was Urban was going to return for a TV series continuation called Mega City One. Don’t know if that’s still in the works.

He is super passionate about the character and tried to push a sequel for years without much luck, if they had not pushed the 3D so much I think it would have done a lot better but the marketing was horrific for the movie.

Karl wouod definitely do custom call-outs he’s said multiple times he would return to the character any chance he got.

Speaking of Urban The Boyz would make quite a funny pin.

57F67E54-DCCC-4ED3-93AA-DEA3CE29C4B3 (resized).jpeg57F67E54-DCCC-4ED3-93AA-DEA3CE29C4B3 (resized).jpeg
#25170 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He is super passionate about the character and tried to push a sequel for years without much luck, if they had not pushed the 3D so much I think it would have done a lot better but the marketing was horrific for the movie.
Karl wouod definitely do custom call-outs he’s said multiple times he would return to the character any chance he got.
Speaking of Urban The Boyz would make quite a funny pin.[quoted image]

The Boys would be awesome!
Doom Patrol is another show I’m really loving at the moment.

FA8BA6F6-C26A-4C2D-824E-5B44709C0110 (resized).jpegFA8BA6F6-C26A-4C2D-824E-5B44709C0110 (resized).jpeg
#25171 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

The Boys would be awesome!
Doom Patrol is another show I’m really loving at the moment. [quoted image]

Doom Patrol has been surprisingly good, I just prefer the dark humour in the boys would love to see “C*nt Multiball”

#25172 2 years ago

I would be down for Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

Knights who say "Ni" multiball!

Screenshot_20220123-125312-787 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220123-125312-787 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220123-125356-328 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220123-125356-328 (resized).png
#25173 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Oh man, can you imagine? The Wall would make such an incredible theme!

You could probably retheme Stranger Things as Pink Floyd, or is having a literal Wall in the middle of the playfield too on the nose, lol?

I'd be down with Pink Floyd, David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust), or Radiohead, maybe even Smashing Pumpkins. The music would be great, but I think you need to bring in the projector and lasers (ala the laser canon mod on STTNG) to really make those pins an experience.

#25174 2 years ago

A retheme of Stranger Things could easily work. Pink Floyd has long been known for their creative use of video & multimedia in their stage shows. Some of that licensed video from Pink Floyd playing on the center playfield screen would be killer. A special "Dark Side of the Moon" mode could drop the screen, revealing an awesome crystal prism. With creative optics, a stationary white light could shine into the prism where that light is broken up into its elementary colors which are then projected elsewhere onto the playfield. I'd go so far as making the prism 'spinnable' so the color beams are projected to different targets on the playfield to indicate skill shots to make.

The amount of video and audio material from Pink Floyd is just overwhelming and would just fill a well-designed game.
MrScreen2 (resized).jpgMrScreen2 (resized).jpgPrism (resized).jpgPrism (resized).jpg

#25176 2 years ago
7DB6F1F6-43E0-4568-84E5-762425AFB08C (resized).jpeg7DB6F1F6-43E0-4568-84E5-762425AFB08C (resized).jpeg
#25177 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

You could probably retheme Stranger Things as Pink Floyd, or is having a literal Wall in the middle of the playfield too on the nose, lol?
I'd be down with Pink Floyd, David Bowie (Ziggy Stardust), or Radiohead, maybe even Smashing Pumpkins. The music would be great, but I think you need to bring in the projector and lasers (ala the laser canon mod on STTNG) to really make those pins an experience.

I like it!! Imagine the cab with the white bricks etc. All the crazy animated stuff from the film brought to life with toys etc. probably won’t happen but we can dream

#25178 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

A retheme of Stranger Things could easily work. Pink Floyd has long been known for their creative use of video & multimedia in their stage shows. Some of that licensed video from Pink Floyd playing on the center playfield screen would be killer. A special "Dark Side of the Moon" mode could drop the screen, revealing an awesome crystal prism. With creative optics, a stationary white light could shine into the prism where that light is broken up into its elementary colors which are then projected elsewhere onto the playfield. I'd go so far as making the prism 'spinnable' so the color beams are projected to different targets on the playfield to indicate skill shots to make.
The amount of video and audio material from Pink Floyd is just overwhelming and would just fill a well-designed game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely

#25179 2 years ago

Been rumored from AP/Nordman for a while now.

#25180 2 years ago

BTTF 2022

Screenshot_20220123-220021_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220123-220021_Instagram (resized).jpg
#25181 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Been rumored from AP/Nordman for a while now.

With Franchi rumoured on art for a good 6 months, could be spectacular if true.

#25182 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Devastating news of Lyman Sheets passing..My Heart Goes out to The family. He was such a GREAT Talent.
Prayers!

55 years old - tragic for sure.

Quoted from JackG:

Pokémon would be the most sought after pin of all time. As long as it plays well any person of any age would love it. I never got into it until Pokémon Go came out. My son loved it so I started playing with him. For a couple years up until the pandemic we’d use the weekend to visit different parks, go on hikes and catch pokemons. It was a lot of quality time. If there were IC that had rare Pokémon in different locations like they did with Go. And every time you play you caught new Pokémon and were able to evolve it like in Go, then I could finally get my son into pinball and spend the weekends traveling around to different locations with him. It would be hard to license and tough to code IC, but that’s an op dream pin. And every year you could update code to a new generation of Pokémon like they did with Go. Also when I played Go, there were people of all ages walking around and catching them. Plus since it’s at locations, they could even crossover to put Go locations with special features like rare Pokémon nests where pins are which could drive an entirely new audience to the hobby and drive new people to locations with pins. I’d probably get hooked on Go again.

I honestly can't see any children's themes coming to Stern and I think the license for Nintendo properties is too pricey and hard to get.

#25183 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I honestly can't see any children's themes coming to Stern and I think the license for Nintendo properties is too pricey and hard to get.

I think we may all have a bit different views on what constitutes a “children’s theme” these days… I mean AIQ and TMNT are what?

#25184 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think we may all have a bit different views on what constitutes a “children’s theme” these days… I mean AIQ and TMNT are what?

Quoted from kool1:

55 years old - tragic for sure.

Spider-Man, Hot Wheels, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, all the pinball themes are Child themed. Just depends on the generation they are based on. This is a hobby of adults that are trying to relive some of our best times! Riding our bikes to the nearest arcade/pool hall/mall with our buddies having a great time!

#25185 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Marvel is not a children's theme per se. TMNT is a retro theme for guys that grew up in the 90's, kids today have no idea what it is.

#25186 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Marvel is not a children's theme per se. TMNT is a retro theme for guys that grew up in the 90's, kids today have no idea what it is.

Ha. Okay. Sure.

#25187 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Marvel is not a children's theme per se.

Do you even have kids?

My son is 4 years old and has a ton of TMNT and Transformers stuff. He also watches Voltron and Thundercats. Two of my daughters dressed up as marvel characters for halloween.

#25188 2 years ago

When is the next new game drop? February/March for Venom? Need some more rumors here about actual titles.

#25189 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

Spider-Man, Hot Wheels, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, all the pinball themes are Child themed.

"It's true. This man has no dick."

"We came, we saw, we kicked its ass." (the alt of this is in the pin: "We came, we saw, we got our asses kicked.")

But maybe you're right. Maybe they are babies' toys. (BTTF let's go!)

Quoted from radium:

Do you even have kids?
My son is 4 years old and has a ton of TMNT and Transformers stuff. He also watches Voltron and Thundercats. Two of my daughters dressed up as marvel characters for halloween.

Only because you introduced him to them. No way he's into those IPs 100% of his own discovery. But Marvel of course is still marketed to children.

#25190 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

"Can you count suckers? Would be a great player added on game start...
Or, of course, "Warriors, Come Out to Play-EAA!!!"
The Warriors is the top title for me as well!

#25191 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Do you even have kids?

I have two teenagers now.

TMNT / Transformers is another era - not saying the odd kid doesn't like their dad's toys but it's not mainstream anymore.

#25192 2 years ago

Not true. My TMNT prints money on location and it’s ALL KIDS. TMNT has been relevant from the 80’s to current day with the new and popular Nickelodeon cartoon. EVERY kids knows about TMNT and they are magnetized to this game. A Pokémon pin would create historic earnings in a place (like mine) that is all ages. It would be MASSIVE.

Quoted from kool1:

#25193 2 years ago

Ummm…Stranger Things is most definitely NOT for children. Ya’ll Canadians are running wild with the bologna today haha.

Quoted from Zartan:

Spider-Man, Hot Wheels, Stranger Things, Ghostbusters, all the pinball themes are Child themed. Just depends on the generation they are based on. This is a hobby of adults that are trying to relive some of our best times! Riding our bikes to the nearest arcade/pool hall/mall with our buddies having a great time!

#25194 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I have two teenagers now.
TMNT / Transformers is another era - not saying the odd kid doesn't like their dad's toys but it's not mainstream anymore.

There have been two versions of TMNT cartoons in the last 5 years, both actively marketed to kids on nickelodeon. Plus the two live action movies. Transformers toys and cartoons are still huge with kids (multiple series on netflix). They are not just nostalgia franchises, they are both actively popular with children today.

#25195 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ummm…Stranger Things is most definitely NOT for children. Ya’ll Canadians are running wild with the bologna today haha.

My kids LOVE it! They are 10,12 & 15. The perfect age for dropping money in pinball machines! They have been watching it since it came out! Their grade school actually has a dress code with no Stranger Things shirts. It is a game meant for you to make money on.

#25196 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

"It's true. This man has no dick."
"We came, we saw, we kicked its ass." (the alt of this is in the pin: "We came, we saw, we got our asses kicked.")
But maybe you're right. Maybe they are babies' toys. (BTTF let's go!)

Only because you introduced him to them. No way he's into those IPs 100% of his own discovery. But Marvel of course is still marketed to children.

That generation watched Ghostbusters the movies, and the animated TV show. Again the pinball machines represent the generation that enjoyed those machines.
The Ghostbusters toys that came out after the movies weren’t meant for adults were they? Pinball machines are just glorified toys we play! They are great fun!

#25197 2 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Insane that I haven’t seen this suggested yet. For me, I want something with a little harder edge. This fits the bill…[quoted image]

Or…..Hunt for Red October

#25198 2 years ago

Yeah, but it’s not intended for children under 13. Whether or not you allow your kids to watch it is up to you of course. That being said, I’m sure they love it! It’s a great show, STH also earns extremely well on location with kids and adults.

Quoted from Zartan:

My kids LOVE it! They are 10,12 & 15. The perfect age for dropping money in pinball machines! They have been watching it since it came out! Their grade school actually has a dress code with no Stranger Things shirts. It is a game meant for you to make money on.

#25199 2 years ago

This!!

MV5BMTY4NzQ5MDAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU0OTkwMDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTY4NzQ5MDAwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODU0OTkwMDE@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
#25200 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammer3246:

This!!
[quoted image]

"The story's kind of bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian..."

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 504 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/504 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.