20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 501 of 942.
#25001 2 years ago

I see all the Pokémon posts and I agree it would be a huge hit. My family is only recently into pinball and my kids are already asking me to find a Pokémon machine. They just presume it exists. Talk about taking Insider Connected to the next level.

#25002 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Are we ready for a Hip Hop/Rap pin? It is working for the NFL..
[quoted image]

No. Different demographic entirely. And we're not even ready for another NFL pin, either.

#25003 2 years ago

I know one thing the amount of pinball machine production and talent that Stern has is unmatched.

Other manufacturers make it difficult to even buy another game.

#25004 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No. Different demographic entirely. And we're not even ready for another NFL pin, either.

Hey some of us grew up on rap and hip-hop, the community I grew up in was mostly African, Caribbean, Jamaican etc and hip hop was pretty much the foundation of everything, pinball was adoptive fathers little influence

It’s certainly not the norm in this hobby, I think I stand alone in the hip-hop camp over this side of the pond, most if not all of my pinhead friends are from rock backgrounds and Stern know this better than anyone.

#25005 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it was done very well, it could work. There's a lot more ways it could go sideways than done well, but it could work. A Snoop or Beastie Boys pin would be $$$$ on location. Just like Pokemon. Time to start thinking outside the box. It's really hard to believe sales will continue to increase with Rock pins after Rush. Are we saturated yet?

#25006 2 years ago

BTTF
JAWS
BOND
TOY STORY

I am ready.

#25007 2 years ago

How about a Tom TB12 Brady pin - if TB wins the SB this year, it could have a layout similar to STh with one side with Patriots type objectives and the other side with TB based objectives

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#25008 2 years ago

Any rumors of what the VE is going to be?

#25009 2 years ago

or, for the TB12 haters - a Beat Tom Brady pin with each mode representing a SuperbOwl ring you're trying to keep him from winning

#25010 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

or, for the TB12 haters - a Beat Tom Brady pin with each mode representing a SuperbOwl ring you're trying to keep him from winning

If it had an Antonio Brown mode

#25011 2 years ago

^ that's both OTT hilarious and sadly depressing all at the same time

#25012 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Mystery scoop awards a different cheat each time. Deflategate, recording opponents practices, etc etc!

#25013 2 years ago

Halloween code is terrible.

#25014 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Any rumors of what the VE is going to be?

Not happening is what I am hearing.

#25015 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Not happening is what I am hearing.

Big back log and new releases selling like hot cakes. Might be a while before a VE drops.

#25016 2 years ago

Wait for it….Wait for it….(The Price is Right) Pinball.

#25017 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Fun fact Vanna White was once a contestant on it.

#25018 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hey some of us grew up on rap and hip-hop, the community I grew up in was mostly African, Caribbean, Jamaican etc and hip hop was pretty much the foundation of everything, pinball was adoptive fathers little influence
It’s certainly not the norm in this hobby, I think I stand alone in the hip-hop camp over this side of the pond, most if not all of my pinhead friends are from rock backgrounds and Stern know this better than anyone.

Quoted from BasementFacts:

If it was done very well, it could work. There's a lot more ways it could go sideways than done well, but it could work. A Snoop or Beastie Boys pin would be $$$$ on location. Just like Pokemon. Time to start thinking outside the box. It's really hard to believe sales will continue to increase with Rock pins after Rush. Are we saturated yet?

I understand your points, but just to clarify: You don't normally see rap and hip hop fans at pinball shows. Take a look at the music pins that have come out: GNR, ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Rush, Maiden. What's the common thread? They're all hard rock, and that fits the pinball "vibe" (for lack of a better word). I think Stern and JJP have a good idea of who their demographic is when they're determining the next music pin; it's certainly worked out well for them to this point.

#25019 2 years ago

How can you tell if someone is a fan of hip hop? I go to pinball shows and I love hip hop but you may not ever realize just by looking at me. I would be a day one buyer on Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, De la Soul, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy etc etc. Hip hop fans are everywhere and the majority of them don’t walk around with a pimp strut.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

I understand your points, but just to clarify: You don't normally see rap and hip hop fans at pinball shows. Take a look at the music pins that have come out: GNR, ACDC, Metallica, Aerosmith, Zeppelin, Rush, Maiden. What's the common thread? They're all hard rock, and that fits the pinball "vibe" (for lack of a better word). I think Stern and JJP have a good idea of who their demographic is when they're determining the next music pin; it's certainly worked out well for them to this point.

#25020 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How can you tell if someone is a fan of hip hop? I go to pinball shows and I love hip hop but you may not ever realize just by looking at me. I would be a day one buyer on Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan, De la Soul, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy etc etc. Hip hop fans are everywhere and the majority of them don’t walk around with a pimp strut.

Again...I think the pinball companies know their demographic. What I see at shows is hard rock t-shirts for the most part. Not yacht rock, R&B, and not a whole lot of rap representation or enthusiasm from the majority of people I've seen. Would they be able to sell some people a rap game? Sure. Would they sell enough to justify making it? Probably not.

#25021 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Would he run out on the field with his shirt off?

#25022 2 years ago

In time, eventually Stern will exhaust the epic classic rock themes and the demographic will shift. Maybe slowly…with a Hendrix then a Funkadelic…or a Prince then a hip hop or electronic music theme. Keep in mind that hip hop began in the late 70’s so a lot of the the real day one hip hop fans are in their forties and fifties now. And let us not forget that Lil Uzi Vert sampled Windows Space Pinball on ‘you better move’ recently…for whatever that’s worth haha

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again...I think the pinball companies know their demographic. What I see at shows is hard rock t-shirts for the most part. Not yacht rock, R&B, and not a whole lot of rap representation or enthusiasm from the majority of people I've seen. Would they be able to sell some people a rap game? Sure. Would they sell enough to justify making it? Probably not.

5DBCB34A-A833-4609-B240-CACA1F6C94A8 (resized).jpeg5DBCB34A-A833-4609-B240-CACA1F6C94A8 (resized).jpeg
#25023 2 years ago

At the mall today. Could be a look into the future.

BBD69FA8-2CB4-4E1B-B5DE-117E8FF936B3 (resized).jpegBBD69FA8-2CB4-4E1B-B5DE-117E8FF936B3 (resized).jpeg
#25024 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

At the mall today. Could be a look into the future.
[quoted image]

Oh baby.

#25025 2 years ago

Great Scot!

#25026 2 years ago

Already been suggested, but worth a repost. It would have to be spooky so they could put a MONSTER fucking sub in it. Take my money! NWA (resized).jpgNWA (resized).jpg

#25027 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Already been suggested, but worth a repost. It would have to be spooky so they could put a MONSTER fucking sub in it. Take my money! [quoted image]

No not Spooky .. Buy a pre amp sub .

#25028 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Definitely mate, like I said above I think I am alone in the hip-hop camp over here in the U.K. in fact I don’t think I know of anyone in the hobby over here who is into hip-hop or rap in the slightest they are all Rock fans though and Stern know this better than anyone.

As the years pass and the buying demo changes we will probably see a change in music themes but we are certainly a way off that. Out of curiosity how popular are bands like LINKIN PARK in the hobby over in the US? I keep hearing them mentioned on different pinball podcasts and i would be up for an LP pin.

#25029 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Out of curiosity how popular are bands like LINKIN PARK in the hobby over in the US? I keep hearing them mentioned on different pinball podcasts and i would be up for an LP pin.

That's a bit of a niche band here...they haven't held up too well through the years in terms of popularity. They still have a following, to be sure, but not one that would seriously merit a game.

#25030 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Definitely mate, like I said above I think I am alone in the hip-hop camp over here in the U.K. in fact I don’t think I know of anyone in the hobby over here who is into hip-hop or rap in the slightest they are all Rock fans though and Stern know this better than anyone.
As the years pass and the buying demo changes we will probably see a change in music themes but we are certainly a way off that. Out of curiosity how popular are bands like LINKIN PARK in the hobby over in the US? I keep hearing them mentioned on different pinball podcasts and i would be up for an LP pin.

I was a huge Linkin Park fan when I was growing up! That said, I don’t think I would buy an LP pinball based on theme alone. If the gameplay was awesome and I could listen to LP, then that’s a different story though.

#25031 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

BTTF
JAWS
BOND
TOY STORY
I am ready.

Still find Jaws hard to believe.

BTTF may be my next pin though.

#25032 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And let us not forget that Lil Uzi Vert sampled Windows Space Pinball on ‘you better move’ recently

As if anyone could ever forget that!

#25033 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I think Stern and JJP have a good idea of who their demographic is when they're determining the next music pin; it's certainly worked out well for them to this point.

Spoken like a true corporate crony. "The demographic" are getting old fast. The pin industry better start pivoting soon. Will another 10 Rock pins over the next 10 years be just as profitable as they've been for the last 10 years? At some point risks must be taken in business, or shrinkage is inevitable.

#25034 2 years ago

That was kind of a joke, I thought that was obvious haha

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

As if anyone could ever forget that!

#25035 2 years ago

Spoken like a true corporate crony. "The demographic" are getting old fast. The pin industry better start pivoting soon. Will another 10 Rock pins over the next 10 years be just as profitable as they've been for the last 10 years? At some point risks must be taken in business, or shrinkage is inevitable.

They did take a risk. It was called WWE. You can still get one at your local distro...I think that's the only game that hasn't gone up in value.

#25036 2 years ago

Spoken like a true corporate crony. "The demographic" are getting old fast. The pin industry better start pivoting soon. Will another 10 Rock pins over the next 10 years be just as profitable as they've been for the last 10 years?

At the end of the day Stern is in the business to make money and rock pins have done very well.

#25037 2 years ago

rock pins are great. I am not even an Iron Maiden fan but I dont mind the music and the pin is perfect. Also great design.
I have come to learn, that I really have to hate the theme and the layout to not like a pin... ultimately, theme is not very important unless it is just stupid.
In other words, theme is not very important!

#25038 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

rock pins are great. I am not even an Iron Maiden fan but I dont mind the music and the pin is perfect. Also great design.
I have come to learn, that I really have to hate the theme and the layout to not like a pin... ultimately, theme is not very important unless it is just stupid.
In other words, theme is not very important!

I agree

Not an Iron Maiden fan but the pin is fantastic

#25039 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No not Spooky .. Buy a pre amp sub .

I'd prefer to buy a product that actually comes with what most would want... so spooky. TNA is a great game with killer sound. Stern is bottom of the barrel for sound, even in the LEs.

#25040 2 years ago
#25041 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Unfortunately the Price will be Wrong with the price hikes! LOL

#25042 2 years ago

I am all for the good early-mid 90s hip hop.... Salt n' pepa, Kidd n' Play, Beastie Boys. I think though in order to break into the pinball world it would have to be a band in the middle between hip hop and rap. I am thinking Beastie Boys or Outcast maybe Cypress Hill. Just my thoughts.

I would hate for a Hip Hop/Rap pin like this to happen and it not be a home-run theme and result in the entire genre being black listed.

#25043 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You could only start playing the mode in September and you get like 5x scoring when using it.

Then sometime in the next couple months your flippers will go dead randomly during AB mode and it drains - Now you can't access the mode again until next September.

Good luck setting new GC scores for the rest of the year...

#25044 2 years ago

shrinkage (resized).pngshrinkage (resized).png

#25045 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

. Hip hop fans are everywhere and the majority of them don’t walk around with a pimp strut.

You should try it!

#25046 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Again...I think the pinball companies know their demographic.

I suspect you're correct, but we also hear they only build what the designers are excited about, so are Stern products more relfective of its designers (and they found the market segment that matches) or this is really what the market wants?

#25047 2 years ago

has a Muppets themed pin been discussed yet?

#25048 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

While technically true, it would be a gross mischaracterization to say that this was posted on the instagram or facebook page of a Stern designer.

muppet (resized).pngmuppet (resized).png
#25049 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Was in the rumour mill as an upcoming JJP title, but that was long ago.

#25050 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I am all for the good early-mid 90s hip hop.... Salt n' pepa, Kidd n' Play, Beastie Boys. I think though in order to break into the pinball world it would have to be a band in the middle between hip hop and rap. I am thinking Beastie Boys or Outcast maybe Cypress Hill. Just my thoughts.
I would hate for a Hip Hop/Rap pin like this to happen and it not be a home-run theme and result in the entire genre being black listed.

Sign me up for a De La Soul or Tribe Called Quest machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,074 posts in this topic. You are on page 501 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/501?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.