vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,037 posts in this topic. You are on page 500 of 941.
#24951 2 years ago

I think that a p3 lower playfield could be very interesting for a video game themed pinball giving the dev's the ability to change the goals and playfield imagery

#24952 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Pinball and video games are 100% different. Video games are drawn out. Pinball is more of a wham bam thank you pinsider.

Star Trek The Next Generation was 150+ hours long. Made a great pin. Next argument...

#24953 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Trek The Next Generation was 150+ hours long. Made a great pin. Next argument...

What?

#24954 2 years ago

Thats like DMD dinosaur era. How many hours can you play that pin for in a week?

#24955 2 years ago

Thats like DMD dinosaur era. How many hours can you play that pin for in a week?

Isn't "wham bam thank you pinsider" by definition a short amount of play? That's the point you were trying to make. Pinball short, video game too long. Are you backing off your own idea now??

#24956 2 years ago

This guy is dumb, everyone should just ignore him.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Isn't "wham bam thank you pinsider" by definition a short amount of play? That's the point you were trying to make. Pinball short, video game too long. Are you backing off your own idea now??

#24957 2 years ago

No. Im sure Star Trek is a great game if you like that. Yes. Pinball is more of an in and out situation which is cool because thats what makes it DIFFERENT than a VIDEO GAME. BTW if you are into making classic sitcom pins, make an original Ateam.

#24958 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This guy is dumb, everyone should just ignore him.

Omg. Really. Where did you go to college?

#24959 2 years ago

Ive never seen more groupthink on a forum, that is supposedly open to new pin ideas.

#24960 2 years ago

Seriously, see how many shit marvel or disney watered down themes you can crank out and charge 10k per game. #Joke

#24961 2 years ago

Im ending on that. Enjoy the forum.

#24962 2 years ago

Bring on a Witcher pin. Monster battles, whores, Gwent, whores, monster battles!

#24963 2 years ago

Brown University

Omg. Really. Where did you go to college?

#24964 2 years ago

Sure lol.

#24965 2 years ago

Masters degree in Modern culture and Media.

#24966 2 years ago

I failed ceramics.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24967 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Bring on a Witcher pin. Monster battles, whores, Gwent, whores, monster battles!

Game-based or Season 1 of the show. Season 2 was crap.

#24968 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Brown University

Thats-Racist-clean.gifThats-Racist-clean.gif
#24969 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're a video game company do you prefer your market playing your game and buying your DLC every week or month or do you prefer your market go to the arcade and spend those entertainment $$ playing the pinball machine that generates no additional revenue?
One is a revenue stream, the other is not.

Another way to look at that would be that there are lots of gamers buying that $60 game (possibly second hand even) who will never pay for any DLC. A pinball machine at 12k is like selling 200 games to one customer.

#24970 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Masters degree in Modern culture and Media.

Ok. Ok. So we are both educated. Fair enough. Still dont think video games necessarily translate to pinball.

#24971 2 years ago

Get a room you two! Lol

#24972 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Get a room you too! Lol

Why it got to be all that. Im out tho. Until next time.....

#24973 2 years ago

My favorite GIF of all time haha. Ever see the show it came from, ‘Wonder Showzen’? Genius television chock full of high subversion.

Quoted from PinMonk:

[quoted image]

#24974 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My favorite GIF of all time haha. Ever see the show it came from, ‘Wonder Showzen’? Genius television chock full of high subversion.

That show was way, WAY ahead of its time. I think it would have been popular now. So random.

So let's have a Wonder Showzen pin!

#24975 2 years ago

Came for the baseless speculation, but got a heavy dose of angst instead.

#24976 2 years ago

Until next time.....

Please no.

#24977 2 years ago

Damn it…where did I put that train gif?

#24978 2 years ago

Lol!
I haven’t seen that movie in so long!!!

#24979 2 years ago
21A05124-EEC2-44AE-8FC8-B905ADD04343.gif21A05124-EEC2-44AE-8FC8-B905ADD04343.gif
#24980 2 years ago

No. Im sure Star Trek is a great game if you like that. Yes. Pinball is more of an in and out situation which is cool because thats what makes it DIFFERENT than a VIDEO GAME. BTW if you are into making classic sitcom pins, make an original Ateam.

Yeah!!! Helicopters; automatic weapons; speeding vans; explosions and Mr.-T. Says pinball all over that one!!

#24981 2 years ago

Just need something that’s about a Big Shark and a little boat.
Now, you could add a Delorean as a time machine to make really interesting.

Although. Those 2 ideas might work better as two separate pins

Any thoughts ?
Not sure if anything like this has been done or suggested yet.

Great Scot. Close the beaches. Cuz I don’t care what u say. I think it’s a great idea.

Great idea I tells ya!

#24982 2 years ago

Good golly. I thought I missed a surprise announcement or something…

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24983 2 years ago

A pokemon game where Insider Connected could store saved game states (characters collected, previous trainings, completed battles, etc) would be a huge hit. I dare think it could be one thing that could challenge kiddie gambling machines. There is a shocking following of the old DS versions of pokemon, not to mention the semi recent lunacy around that AR phone game. It's not something I would play, but I think it would be the single hit title that could hook a whole new generation of pinball enthusiasts.

#24984 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

A pokemon game where Insider Connected could store saved game states (characters collected, previous trainings, completed battles, etc) would be a huge hit. I dare think it could be one thing that could challenge kiddie gambling machines. There is a shocking following of the old DS versions of pokemon, not to mention the semi recent lunacy around that AR phone game. It's not something I would play, but I think it would be the single hit title that could hook a whole new generation of pinball enthusiasts.

Pokemon combined with rotating rosters of pokemon to capture at different geographic locations would print money. Something like a cross between pokemon and pokemon go. People would be obsessed to find all the location machines when they're traveling just to get a chance at capturing a pokemon they don't have.

#24985 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good golly. I thought I missed a surprise announcement or something…

Surprise shit show

#24986 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pokemon combined with rotating rosters of pokemon to capture at different geographic locations would print money. Something like a cross between pokemon and pokemon go. People would be obsessed to find all the location machines when they're traveling just to get a chance at capturing a pokemon they don't have.

Yep, or special events. You could drive all kinds of foot traffic. I know D&B could get behind that. Think of show attendance; special edition XYZ available on day 1 of TPF only. Really, the possibilities are limitless.

#24987 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That show was way, WAY ahead of its time. I think it would have been popular now. So random.

So let's have a Wonder Showzen pin!

That or if we are going obscure TV Fun House. Loved that show too. Satire is a tough pinball sell though - or would be more of a limited boutique run (Rick and Morty come to mind).

Apologies if this is offensive for some people. It is satire and from a different time.

https://www.wcoforever.net/tv-funhouse-episode-8-chinese-new-years-day

#24988 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Quoted from RobF:

Yep, or special events. You could drive all kinds of foot traffic. I know D&B could get behind that. Think of show attendance; special edition XYZ available on day 1 of TPF only. Really, the possibilities are limitless.

The possibilities are endless. To me this is a no brainer

#24989 2 years ago

Jaws

#24990 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

A62C6680-E249-460C-8B0F-1529AC56A353.gifA62C6680-E249-460C-8B0F-1529AC56A353.gif
#24991 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pokemon? Is that those weird little dogs?

#24992 2 years ago

Agreed. Give me Pokémon!! Or BttF. Or both.

#24993 2 years ago

Ok. Ok. So we are both educated. Fair enough. Still dont think video games necessarily translate to pinball.

What does education have to do with anything? You clearly lack common sense if you can't see how video games translate well to Pins. You do realize IMDN is based on a video game, right? People seem to think it's a decent pin, have you played it?

#24994 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

The possibilities are endless. To me this is a no brainer

Agreed, I'm not into Pokemon at all, but talk about a theme to get a new generation of pinballs into playing. It would print money.

#24995 2 years ago

OK bttf would be ideal... but what about a Die Hard series????? just throwing stuff out there...... prolly already came up

#24996 2 years ago

I would love a Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, or Pokémon pinball. Sadly, I don’t see any being made.

I talked to Jack Guarnieri after Expo about getting video gaming licenses. He said they tried many times but they couldn’t get it to work. He said it wouldn’t make sense for the video game companies to get into pinball when they can make more money on a new video game. And it’s true.

#24997 2 years ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

I would love a Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, or Pokémon pinball. Sadly, I don’t see any being made.
I talked to Jack Guarnieri after Expo about getting video gaming licenses. He said they tried many times but they couldn’t get it to work. He said it wouldn’t make sense for the video game companies to get into pinball when they can make more money on a new video game. And it’s true.

I’m not really sure i understand this premise. I would think a company like Nintendo would happily enter into a licensing agreement and let Stern or JJP print them money for a few years…it’s not like they’d have to stop making games in that franchise or invest in a new pinball development wing of their HQ

#24998 2 years ago

Are we ready for a Hip Hop/Rap pin? It is working for the NFL..

super-bowl-lvi-kendrick-lamar (resized).jpegsuper-bowl-lvi-kendrick-lamar (resized).jpeg
#24999 2 years ago

Think there is an interview out there with Keith Johnson claiming they tried to get GTA back in the day @ stern and there was no interest from take 2 or Rockstar. I think a jjp super Mario world with Eric on design would be amazing. Age old premise of save the princess would work for pinball quite well in my opinion. Only other game that kinda makes sense is mortal kombat, but with Steve leaving I doubt we will ever see it. Zeppelin combo system/rule set actually lends itself perfectly to this style of gameplay. Blood code entered with the flippers before the game starts….test your might bash toy….even online head to head would make sense with this theme. Finish your shots before the other player to win. Fatality hurry ups for finishing moves. One can dream

#25000 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Game-based or Season 1 of the show. Season 2 was crap.

I haven't seen the show. I guess most ppl would want that or at least recognize it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oxford, MI
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,037 posts in this topic. You are on page 500 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.