Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 942.
#24901 2 years ago

Video games have more depth. Why would I want a Final Fantasy drop target to hit a ball at when I can play the adventure??

#24902 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Video games have more depth. Why would I want a Final Fantasy drop target to hit a ball at when I can play the adventure??

You have too narrow a view to be argued with. You are wrong and that's ok. We will forgive your ignorance. Videogame themes are the next natural step.
Btw Pokémon would be the biggest earner the hobby has ever seen. Do I care about Pokémon? Nope. Do I see the potential? So much!
You play whatever you enjoy but don't try to pretend video game themes can't work in pinball.

#24903 2 years ago

Video games have more depth.

Aiq rule set vs Sonic the Hedgehog.
Remind me which has more depth again?

#24904 2 years ago

There would be too much collinearity for a making a pin for a popular video game theme. Use the pin for a theme that does have a game or has one but the game sucks. BTTF is a good example of that

#24905 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

AIQ blows. The movie and the pin. Im too narrow lol. Sure bro.

#24906 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You cant play pinball in the way you play a video game. Its just repetitive play with call outs, which is fine for some themes.

#24907 2 years ago

You cant play pinball in the way you play a video game. Its just repetitive play with call outs, which is fine for some themes.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You have too narrow a view to be argued with. You are wrong and that's ok. We will forgive your ignorance. Videogame themes are the next natural step.
Btw Pokémon would be the biggest earner the hobby has ever seen. Do I care about Pokémon? Nope. Do I see the potential? So much!
You play whatever you enjoy but don't try to pretend video game themes can't work in pinball.

Pinball themes just essentially provide "nostalgic overload". Using the terminology from the Irate Gamer.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24908 2 years ago

A linear video game is repetitive play and the same call-outs cutscenes.

Your missing the point mate that what makes a good video game is the same thing that makes a good pin and that’s how fun either are too play.

You could have the greatest game video or pinball and if it’s boring it doesn’t matter how much depth it has.

#24909 2 years ago

Anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books? It would be cool to have a pin that had the depth to go in different directions depending on how you play it. Maybe there are games like this and I just can’t think of them. I haven’t had a coffee
yet

#24910 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

A linear video game is repetitive play and the same call-outs cutscenes.
Your missing the point mate that what makes a good video game is the same thing that makes a good pin and that’s how fun either are too play.
You could have the greatest game video or pinball and if it’s boring it doesn’t matter how much depth it has.

All Im saying, is why waste a pin on something thats already been done. Still waiting on Goonies, MOTU, Voltron, Matrix, etc. BTW stop making marvel or disney crap. Why would I play a Zelda pin with trash cgi, when I can play Ocarina of Time or Link to the Past? Would I play a Final Fantasy Pin or FF7? The ONLY theme that would get a pass would be Pokemon with a Charzard LE and a Pidgeotto Premium. Other than that go make some cool themes that dont have games! Last Starfighter. Should have had a game, never did. MOTU should have had a game, had one for Atari and Intellivision but that shit is so old its unplayable. Goonies, great theme, had a NES game that sucked. Again STOP making Marvel and Disney trash. Once those companies were bought out their product lacked an edge and became mass produced shit. Lets go Stern!!

#24911 2 years ago

lol a Pokémon pinball, whats next, my little pony?

#24912 2 years ago

Last comment on pokemon. Now that I think about it, I would really like to see Mewtwo and Charizard features in a pin.

#24913 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

lol a Pokémon pinball, where next, my little pony?

No. They should make a Hook VE. Im guessing thats your fav.

#24914 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Don’t forget Harry Potter and Tonka trucks.

#24915 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Don’t forget Harry Potter and Tonka trucks.

No on Harry Popper. Tonka trucks no, but I could go for a Bigfoot Monster Trucks or GoBots with a Rock Lords LE. Actually fuck. If they ever make a pin based on the GoBots/ Rock Lords movie, I would be number 1 for an LE. Take my money, Stern!!

#24916 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

As much as this thread would crap on a MLP pin, it does bring up the question of how big of an untapped market would that pin reach? After all, how many pinsiders here are parents who want to draw their daughters into the hobby?

#24917 2 years ago

How about a John Mayer music pin featuring all the girls in his life. It puts a dual meaning to "scoring." The object is to play as many cuts from each album and complete unique themes from the songs, during these album modes you are always trying to hook up with the girls he's been with and build as many points hitting their targets before the song ends, after hit all their targets to you dump them (VUK) for the next girl. Each completed album contributes to his maturity meter, and once you complete each album you get to go into a livestream mode, for extra points. If you play songs long enough without hitting targets, because you have no girlfriends left or they left you, you are banished to Montana, and the ball is over.

Just an idea... Maybe not...

#24918 2 years ago

AIQ blows. The movie and the pin. Im too narrow lol. Sure bro.

Screenshot_20220117-095342_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-095342_Chrome (resized).jpg
#24919 2 years ago
Quoted from Slacker_Quacker:

As much as this thread would crap on a MLP pin, it does bring up the question of how big of an untapped market would that pin reach? After all, how many pinsiders here are parents who want to draw their daughters into the hobby?

Probably less than 4-5 tops

#24920 2 years ago

All Im saying, is why waste a pin on something thats already been done. Still waiting on Goonies, MOTU, Voltron, Matrix, etc.

Just incase you aren't seeing it...

Screenshot_20220117-095733_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-095733_Chrome (resized).jpg

#24921 2 years ago

Good to know. Look its not my fault USA Hockey is better.

#24922 2 years ago

Pokemon would sell.

Tonka trucks. American Pinball Hotweels - don’t own it, don’t like it - never say never but not something I would buy. There are plenty of successful machines with themes I wouldn’t buy.

The bottom line is; in the entire world of pinball and themes you only need about 6000 buyers to make it a successful title with regards to sales. That’s a pretty low bar imo.

#24923 2 years ago

People might think Pokémon wouldn’t be a good theme but it would be an absolute juggernaut earner on location and killer theme for anyone with younger kids.

#24924 2 years ago

Good to know. Look its not my fault USA Hockey is better.

OK random jab attempts because im Canadian. Im not a sports fan but I'll bite.
"USA" hockey was invented by a Canadian, includes Canadian teams and has more Canadian players than any other sport in the world.
Also...

Screenshot_20220117-105818_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-105818_Chrome (resized).jpg
#24925 2 years ago

One issue with video game licenses is pinball and video games competing for the same entertainment dollars. If you're trying to sell a $60 PS or X-Box game you don't want your market going out and spending those $$ that could be spent on your DLC on pinball instead.
Street Fighter II Baby Pac-Man Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Super Mario Bros.

I'd love to see a Command and Conquer pin.

#24926 2 years ago

Troll accounts should get kicked. Maintaining a reasonable forum percentage to participate would help weed out the toxic personalities a bit.

Screenshot_20220117-110152_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220117-110152_Chrome (resized).jpg
#24927 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Anyone remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books? It would be cool to have a pin that had the depth to go in different directions depending on how you play it. Maybe there are games like this and I just can’t think of them. I haven’t had a coffee
yet

Game of thrones is basically this.

#24928 2 years ago

You are mistaking my age range. Video games just dont translate well to pinball.

This is very short-sighted and incorrect. How does God of War, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Halo, etc..not translate to Pinball?! I'd say it translates easily as well as any blockbuster movie does. It translates better than some of the older themes we've seen like WWE wrestling, Monopoly, I could go on. What you say, simply does not seem to make sense. Perhaps you may have never played "story" driven video games.

#24929 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Troll accounts should get kicked. Maintaining a reasonable forum percentage to participate would help weed out the toxic personalities a bit.
[quoted image]

If he bothers you hit ignore and move on

#24930 2 years ago

Nowadays i would love it so much when there would be a pinball based on a game that i played in my youth. If the theme translates well to pinball really depends on the game i guess. Would love a pinball about worms or dungeon keeper. And i think that could be an awesome pinball. Your monsters are being attacked, shoot that and that... A battlescene would be perfekt for pinball

#24931 2 years ago
Quoted from stefanmader:

Nowadays i would love it so much when there would be a pinball based on a game that i played in my youth. If the theme translates well to pinball really depends on the game i guess. Would love a pinball about worms or dungeon keeper. And i think that could be an awesome pinball. Your monsters are being attacked, shoot that and that... A battlescene would be perfekt for pinball

Actually just imagine lots of ball being released when you are attacked

#24932 2 years ago

What the hell is going on in here?

55561-universal_pictures_home_entertainment (resized).jpg55561-universal_pictures_home_entertainment (resized).jpg
#24933 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

"USA" hockey was invented by a Canadian, includes Canadian teams and has more Canadian players than any other sport in the world.
Also...
[quoted image]

Just couldnt beat the russians when it mattered tho.

#24934 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

[quoted image]

Haha. Not a troll just being honest.

#24935 2 years ago
Quoted from clearstar:

This is very short-sighted and incorrect. How does God of War, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, Halo, etc..not translate to Pinball?! I'd say it translates easily as well as any blockbuster movie does. It translates better than some of the older themes we've seen like WWE wrestling, Monopoly, I could go on. What you say, simply does not seem to make sense. Perhaps you may have never played "story" driven video games.

Didnt I mention Final Fantasy. BTW How would you possibly play a role playing game on pinball?

#24936 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

One issue with video game licenses is pinball and video games competing for the same entertainment dollars. If you're trying to sell a $60 PS or X-Box game you don't want your market going out and spending those $$ that could be spent on your DLC on pinball instead.
Street Fighter II Baby Pac-Man Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man Super Mario Bros.
I'd love to see a Command and Conquer pin.

I don’t see much correlation. A $60 game is a very different item, and experience, than a $6k - $12k pinball machine. If I have the money to buy a machine I can buy the game as well.

Plus, one could say the same about other licenses.

Didnt I mention Final Fantasy. BTW How would you possibly play a role playing game on pinball?

Why would you have to? Plenty of other franchises than RPGs. But I would love a FFVII machine.

If you asked me how to make a pinball machine based on a music band I’d have no idea, but Stern makes it work.

#24937 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I don’t see much correlation. A $60 game is a very different item, and experience, than a $6k - $12k pinball machine. If I have the money to buy a machine I can buy the game as well.
Plus, one could say the same about other licenses.

Why would you have to? Plenty of other franchises than RPGs. But I would love a FFVII machine.
If you asked me how to make a pinball machine based on a music band I’d have no idea, but Stern makes it work.

FF1, FF2, FF3 (nes and snes) and FF7 (PS) are some of the best games ever made. FF1 with a Garland LE would be amazing.

#24938 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

If you're a video game company do you prefer your market playing your game and buying your DLC every week or month or do you prefer your market go to the arcade and spend those entertainment $$ playing the pinball machine that generates no additional revenue?
One is a revenue stream, the other is not.

#24939 2 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

If you're a video game company do you prefer your market playing your game and buying your DLC every week or month or do you prefer your market go to the arcade and spend those entertainment $$ playing the pinball machine that generates no additional revenue?
One is a revenue stream, the other is not.

I don’t think a pinball machine is going to keep a video gamer from playing video games.

#24940 2 years ago

You’re not very imaginative are you? Extremely glad you don’t work as a designer or rule czar. And Sterns JP basically plays out as a role playing / choose your own adventure type game. There are a thousand and one ways to approach that game. Bring on Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Final Fantasy. They would KILL as pins. Perfect themes for a deep and wide ruleset. Just imagine JP as Zelda. The map is Hyrule, control room are side quests for items, paddocks are dungeons, visitor center is Gannon etc etc. Would be f’n AMAZING

#24941 2 years ago

Not the same thing.

#24942 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also...
[quoted image]

"And I'll tell you another thing, their beer sucks."

https://www.facebook.com/BucketsOffHockey/videos/canadian-beer-sucks/511341240256635/

#24943 2 years ago

The only counter post to mine that made any sense at all today was the person who pointed out that you only need 6000 buyers to make a pin successful. Shows how niche the market really is. Which is good.

#24944 2 years ago

Enough out of you already, you’re sucking the air out of this thread. Begone Troll.

The only counter post to mine that made any sense at all today was the person who pointed out that you only need 6000 buyers to make a pin successful. Shows how niche the market really is. Which is good.

#24945 2 years ago

Great Scot!!!

I endorse this message

Quoted from crujones4life:

What the hell is going on in here?
[quoted image]

#24946 2 years ago

Fundamentally RPGs are no different than movies.

#24947 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You’re not very imaginative are you? Extremely glad you don’t work as a designer or rule czar. And Sterns JP basically plays out as a role playing / choose your own adventure type game. There are a thousand and one ways to approach that game. Bring on Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound and Final Fantasy. They would KILL as pins. Perfect themes for a deep and wide ruleset. Just imagine JP as Zelda. The map is Hyrule, control room are side quests for items, paddocks are dungeons, visitor center is Gannon etc etc. Would be f’n AMAZING

Yes to all of it. Where should i send my deposit?

#24948 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Enough out of you already, you’re sucking the air out of this thread. Begone Troll.

Quiet. Drac.

#24949 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Fundamentally RPGs are no different than movies.

How many hours does it take to beat FInal Fantasy III. 20+? Id like to see you play that many hours on a repetitive pin. Thats if you own it. See if you can save your game at a barcade.

#24950 2 years ago

Pinball and video games are 100% different. Video games are drawn out. Pinball is more of a wham bam thank you pinsider.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.99
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Cruces, NM
There are 47,087 posts in this topic. You are on page 499 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/499?hl=norcalpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.