Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 924.
#24751 2 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Just like we don’t get to decide if we are cool or not - our kids do! Just like when we were kids - anyone over 40 is out-of-touch (according to them). Our time in the sun is ending.

#24752 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just had a awesome flight back home from work, 1/2 cut and flying high, listening to some epic Van Halen.
So hoping that there is a designer at Stern who is interested in making a VH_DLR pinball featuring tracks from VH, Diver Down and 1984 featuring Eruption mutiball with a Ice Cream Man mini wizard mode
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#24753 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Your profile says you're been on here for 8 years , don't rush those extra 2 years , like you say , they go fast enough as it is

Settle down math wiz. My first account got banned for posting tiddies.

#24754 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Settle down math wiz. My first account got banned for posting tiddies.

I'm scared to ask what tiddies is

#24755 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Motorhead and Black Sabbath are proto-metal, Slayer are metal, Ramones are punk. NIN is industrial. DEVO is no wave / new wave. DAD ROCK HAS NOTHING TO WITH FATHERS or being the age of a father. It is radio friendly popular rock from the 1970’s. Also Blue Oyster Cult is considered proto- metal / heavy psych on account that most of their majority of their material is well…exactly that. Not your standard radio friendly 70’s cheese rock…I can’t believe I have to explain this.

I feel ya... To add...
Just listen to my favorite Sirius XM station 311 called yacht rock radio and you'll know dad rock.

#24756 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's phonetic..
Swap DD for TT and see if you figure it out.

#24757 2 years ago

I was joking, since at 37 the music I grew up listening to is now 20-30 years old. I knew what you meant, was just pointing out that the times they are a changing. Ain’t gotta downvote me over it

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:There’s no fight haha. The term just doesn’t mean what you think it means. I know Dads that like Miley Cyrus…is she “Dad Rock”?

#24758 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

It's phonetic..

That's alot better .

#24759 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

That's alot better .

Don’t like DD’s?

#24760 2 years ago

I'm just the little voice quietly rooting for Stern to make a pin with an original theme.

#24761 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Don’t like DD’s?

I certainly do .
Do people think the rumoured Venom pin will have movie assets or comic art .

#24762 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I certainly do .
[quoted image]

Pretty sure those are EEs.

#24763 2 years ago

Boomers horny on main again.

#24764 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Actually after this Rush pin maybe they should take a break from rock pins for a while…please

08-2004 - elvis
03-2012 - ac/dc
2013 - metallica
05-2015 - kiss
02-2017 - aerosmith
03-2018 - iron maiden
11-2018 - beatles
12-2018 - primus (retheme)
12-2020 - led zeppelin
12-2021 - rush

looking at stern's pin releases, since ac/dc, they pretty much keep it to one music pin every year or two (with the exception of 2018)
since 2012, by the numbers, stern has released 9 music pins and 39 pins in total (so... about 25%)

#24765 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

and the sad part is that while she (and they) looking stunning in that photo, another 20+ years will take its toll. maybe that's why fit (and smaller) age a lot better

back on topic:
my rush LE accessory has arrived
IMG_8913 (resized).jpgIMG_8913 (resized).jpg

#24766 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Pretty sure those are photoshopped with how blurry that image is.

#24767 2 years ago

You know you're on Pinside when...

Quoted from dzmechanical:

I don't think Justin Bieber could fill a stadium.....

Quoted from screaminr:

Quoted from Vespula:

It's phonetic..

#24768 2 years ago

So is Venom going to have media assets or comic book

#24769 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You know you're on pinside when .... someone tries to make you feel guilty about something you don't know what the fuck they're talking about .
So is Venom going to have media assets or comic book

I'm hoping for comic book. lots more to pick & choose from and I really like the comic book spider-man version. they would pair up nicely

#24770 2 years ago

I was scrolling Tic Toc fast and this was on there. Anyone else see a playfield at a fast first glance?
It might just be me..

90163727-F7F2-4313-AFC6-DD4CF7CCB13D (resized).jpeg90163727-F7F2-4313-AFC6-DD4CF7CCB13D (resized).jpeg

#24771 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I'm hoping for comic book. lots more to pick & choose from and I really like the comic book spider-man version. they would pair up nicely

I think they've done enough comic versions lately , I think they need to get back to using the movie assets , if they use the comic book will that be more static pictures like Avengers .
Although , I have a feeling you'll be happy .

#24772 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I certainly do .
[quoted image]

Bad photoshop job but as for Venom I doubt it will have movie assets as it’s based around the comic book style of Venom.

Which gives it the chance to be a much better game, Carnage can appear along with other Symbiotes like Riot, Scream, Knull, lady-venom as well as maybe an appearance from Spider-Man.

Use a few of the animated voice actors for venom and the Symbiotes and it will certainly sound good!

Seems a no brainer to have venom guiding the player and telling them what to shoot and do in the game, could be very cool having the game sound and interactive with the player giving them direct instructions and advice.

“We must shoot the left ramp” “that super jackpot is ours” “jackpot! Maybe you humans are not so useless after all” perfect theme integration.

#24773 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I was scrolling Tic Toc fast and this was on there. Anyone else see a playfield at a fast first glance?
It might just be me..
[quoted image]

Put a topper on it 10k

#24774 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It might just be me..
[quoted image]

Hs2 ?

#24775 2 years ago

Love High Speed 2.
I think AIQ pro came to mind first.
No disrespect to AIQ.
I need more sleep tonight. Haaa.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24776 2 years ago

I need more sleep tonight. Haaa.

It's 1/4 to 4 and I'm off to bed

#24777 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It might just be me..
[quoted image]

I can see that. But it would be a JJP: tons of stuff on there, but it doesn't necessarily shoot well.

#24778 2 years ago

Pearl Jam

Plenty of art already from posters on tour. Use Stick man.

Sign me up for 2 of every model.

#24779 2 years ago

Pearl Jam named their band after a slang term for semen. Pass.

Quoted from Raiders36:

Pearl Jam
Plenty of art already from posters on tour. Use Stick man.
Sign me up for 2 of every model.

#24780 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not really, but whatever floats your boat. Ament came up with the first part of the band name, and the Jam came from long sessions.

#24781 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So, no 10cc machine for you? And, you're out on a Lovin' Spoonful pin as well? Got it.

#24782 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bad photoshop job but as for Venom I doubt it will have movie assets as it’s based around the comic book style of Venom.
Which gives it the chance to be a much better game, Carnage can appear along with other Symbiotes like Riot, Scream, Knull, lady-venom as well as maybe an appearance from Spider-Man.
Use a few of the animated voice actors for venom and the Symbiotes and it will certainly sound good!
Seems a no brainer to have venom guiding the player and telling them what to shoot and do in the game, could be very cool having the game sound and interactive with the player giving them direct instructions and advice.
“We must shoot the left ramp” “that super jackpot is ours” “jackpot! Maybe you humans are not so useless after all” perfect theme integration.

If this is the pin, this would be one of the few LEs I would go for! Also, would be cool if there were phantom flips involved where Venom took control of the machine. There's lots of opportunity. If it's movie assets, then I'm out. I'll just play it on location.

#24783 2 years ago
Quoted from zh2oson:

So, no 10cc machine for you? And, you're out on a Lovin' Spoonful pin as well? Got it.

Steely Dan's out also.

#24784 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Actually first band name was Mookie Blaylock but had to change name. Would be cool wizard mode.

#24785 2 years ago

Never thought how the group got its name. Per Wikipedia (footnote is from Rolling Stone Oct 31, 1991)

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#24786 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Not really, but whatever floats your boat. Ament came up with the first part of the band name, and the Jam came from long sessions.

“ Mookie Blaylock soon signed to Epic Records and renamed themselves Pearl Jam. In an early promotional interview, Vedder said that the name "Pearl Jam" was a reference to his great-grandmother Pearl, who was married to a Native American and had a special recipe for peyote-laced jam.”

#24787 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

“ Mookie Blaylock soon signed to Epic Records and renamed themselves Pearl Jam. In an early promotional interview, Vedder said that the name "Pearl Jam" was a reference to his great-grandmother Pearl, who was married to a Native American and had a special recipe for peyote-laced jam.”

Did you read the rest of it where they admitted that was not true at all?

#24788 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Did you read the rest of it where they admitted that was not true at all?

Yeah just did here
https://rulefortytwo.com/secret-rock-knowledge/chapter-13/pearl-jam/

#24789 2 years ago

That’s certified bologna hahaha. I can’t believe you believe that. And I bet Metallica’s “Load” has nothing to do with…the semen on the cover.

Quoted from Capn12:

#24790 2 years ago

That being said I would much rather a 10cc pin! They rule.

#24791 2 years ago

#24792 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

RUSH nerd that got the A+ in Calculus is currently knockin' down a comfortable salary as a software designer or engineer, while the Motorhead fan dropping acid and hooking up in the back of vans

LOL! I was a huge Motorhead fan ... still am. I was also a nerd ... still am . I got a B in high school Calculus though ... I did much better in college (mainly a B+/A- student) when I pursued my BSCoE then MSEE. I liked Rush too ... just wasn't a mega-fan though Time Stand Still is one of my all time favorite songs (ridiculous that its not part of the pinball machine!! ).

All but one of the Rush clique I knew back in the day are basically into weed and sleeping these days. They were never into math. They're still talented people otherwise though ... just not nerdy and into mathematics .

Bottom line, don't paint pictures with broad strokes .

#24793 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That’s certified bologna hahaha. I can’t believe you believe that. And I bet Metallica’s “Load” has nothing to do with…the semen on the cover.

I've never really cared where the origin of the band name came from. I sure as hell don't make decisions based on what the band calls themselves.

#24794 2 years ago

Neither do I, I also just…don’t like them.

Quoted from Capn12:

I've never really cared where the origin of the band name came from. I sure as hell don't make decisions based on what the band calls themselves.

#24795 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Neither do I, I also just…don’t like them.

Now see...that I can understand, and is a much better reason not to buy a PJ pin, not that I think one will happen.

#24796 2 years ago

I’d sooner buy Sperm: The pin. The semen is not the problem, I assure you haha. It’s the peal jam.

Quoted from Capn12:

Now see...that I can understand, and is a much better reason not to buy a PJ pin, not that I think one will happen.

#24797 2 years ago

Amazingly it looks like there's two takers of the Rush machines here in Aus (both LE's). One of them is an actual Aussie Rush fan.. So we have a finally found one here, that's 4 leaf clover material right there

Now we can move on to the next music pin which sounds mighty like VH, better, but still an easy pass. Can only live in hope of Beasties machine or something non-rock based.

#24798 2 years ago

Thank a horny boomer for bringing you into this world. If all men became limp dick soy boys we'd go extinct.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Boomers horny on main again.

#24799 2 years ago

If we ever get Van Halen pin, let the Premium be Black and Yellow VH 2 1979 world Invasion Tour Theme.
Please?!

94dfd1b37e502fe57fc350447c957217 (resized).jpg94dfd1b37e502fe57fc350447c957217 (resized).jpg
#24800 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Amazingly it looks like there's two takers of the Rush machines here in Aus (both LE's). One of them is an actual Aussie Rush fan.. So we have a finally found one here, that's 4 leaf clover material right there
Now we can move on to the next music pin which sounds mighty like VH, better, but still an easy pass. Can only live in hope of Beasties machine or something non-rock based.

I know of 5 people buying RUSH LEs in Australia. My pinball world in Aus is extremely small too. I also know of plenty of RUSH fans in Australia. Same crap was said when Stranger Things pinball was released. All the pinball forum experts put plenty of shit on EHOH when that was released too. Moral of the story is do not make your mind up until you give the game a proper go. I have watched a few streams and I think the game will be a cracker. Borg and Sexton combination looks to be a winner. Game will be hard to get in Australia so price will eventually go through the roof.
I am looking forward to having a go on one soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 496 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/496?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.