images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 940.
#24701 2 years ago

Just had a awesome flight back home from work, 1/2 cut and flying high, listening to some epic Van Halen.

So hoping that there is a designer at Stern who is interested in making a VH_DLR pinball featuring tracks from VH, Diver Down and 1984 featuring Eruption mutiball with a Ice Cream Man mini wizard mode

20220112_174426 (resized).jpg20220112_174426 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220112-194838_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220112-194838_Chrome (resized).jpg
#24702 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Well you English gentleman better have some very fat wallets for Bond.
A Kapow title with super villains and eye watering taxes.
Bond is expected to be a mental price down here for your convict brothers.
If there is at least 3 different Bonds in their respective stories I am very much in.
Expensive hot cake and all.

NIB pins have been mental prices here in the U.K. for a couple of years now, like they have been for you guys, but yeah Bond will be even more mentally priced.

Luckily I have the green light from the misses to buy Bond but it’s likely my last NIB purchase with the only other exception being BTTF if it’s ever made. Prices are just too high now.

#24703 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

NIB pins have been mental prices here in the U.K. for a couple of years now, like they have been for you guys, but yeah Bond will be even more mentally priced.
Luckily I have the green light from the misses to buy Bond but it’s likely my last NIB purchase with the only other exception being BTTF if it’s ever made. Prices are just too high now.

Same here in Oz. Rices are high for NIB but actually a better buy than buying on the second hand market where most are dearer or close to
NIB pricing. Probably only have 1 NOB purchase left. Unless a Goonies comes out somewhere as the misses has said yes to that.

#24704 2 years ago

So how many of y’all want your next NIB purchase to feature a N.I.B. Multiball?

…I will give you those things you thought unreal
The sun, the moon, the stars all bear my seal.

#24705 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Same here in Oz. Rices are high for NIB but actually a better buy than buying on the second hand market where most are dearer or close to
NIB pricing. Probably only have 1 NOB purchase left. Unless a Goonies comes out somewhere as the misses has said yes to that.

Pretty similar here, preowned/second hand games are not much cheaper than NIB and some particular titles are selling for more than a NIB.

Nice that you have the green light for Goonies (dream theme?) i think my misses gave me the green light on Bond and a future BTTF as I would buy them anyway

#24706 2 years ago

How did this become a Van Halen fan thread?

Can we get back to promoting high demand themes like Black Sabbath, Pulp Fiction and Harry Potter?

#24707 2 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

How did this become a Van Halen fan thread?
Can we get back to promoting high demand themes like Black Sabbath, Pulp Fiction and Harry Potter?

Harry Potter? Lol

#24708 2 years ago

“Fairies where boots”
Sabbath

#24709 2 years ago

I hate to point it out, because I’ve yet to come to terms with my old-ness, but Tool is quite literally “Dad-Rock” now.
We’re all just getting old, but I’d guess the avg age of a tool fan to be about 40.
I’d love a Tool pin and it would be nice to appeal to the 35-45 crowd, but we’re the Dad rock now.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not a Tool fan myself outside of Undertow and Aenima which are great albums (and get a pass based on nostalgia since I grew up with them) but this theme would be a welcome change to the Dad rock pins so…I’ll take it. I’d prefer Slayer, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Nine Inch Nails, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang…but, I’ll take it.

#24710 2 years ago
B66C3280-0B8E-46ED-8138-5A7F0A711B6C (resized).jpegB66C3280-0B8E-46ED-8138-5A7F0A711B6C (resized).jpeg
#24711 2 years ago

It doesn’t really work like that. The “Dad Rock” term was coined by elder millennials in reference to the popular 70’s rock that their fathers listened to. TOOL is 90’s Alt metal. Are there fathers now that grew up listening to Tool, yes. But it doesn’t make it “Dad Rock” in the same way that Nirvana will never be considered “classic rock” or “oldies” or…”classical” haha

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I hate to point it out, because I’ve yet to come to terms with my old-ness, but Tool is quite literally “Dad-Rock” now.
We’re all just getting old, but I’d guess the avg age of a tool fan to be about 40.
I’d love a Tool pin and it would be nice to appeal to the 35-45 crowd, but we’re the Dad rock now.

#24712 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You pay to listen to that crap [quoted image]

You assume too much!

Quoted from screaminr:

You pay to listen to that crap [quoted image]

I don't pay to listen to any podcast, but I'm glad you cracked yourself up.

The information is out there on other podcasts, but you can choose to ignore it if you want.

#24713 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Totally agree J85M - Godzilla LE . £12500 - $17,000!

SLE BOND and SLE BTTF and I’m done..

#24714 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It doesn’t really work like that. The “Dad Rock” term was coined by elder millennials in reference to the popular 70’s rock that their fathers listened to. TOOL is 90’s Alt metal. Are there fathers now that grew up listening to Tool, yes. But it doesn’t make it “Dad Rock” in the same way that Nirvana will never be considered “classic rock” or “oldies” or…”classical” haha

Okay, son. You keep fighting the ‘good fight.’ LOL

#24715 2 years ago

There’s no fight haha. The term just doesn’t mean what you think it means. I know Dads that like Miley Cyrus…is she “Dad Rock”?

Quoted from skink91:

Okay, son. You keep fighting the ‘good fight.’ LOL

#24716 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Just had a awesome flight back home from work, 1/2 cut and flying high, listening to some epic Van Halen.
So hoping that there is a designer at Stern who is interested in making a VH_DLR pinball featuring tracks from VH, Diver Down and 1984 featuring Eruption mutiball with a Ice Cream Man mini wizard mode

Yes, Yes and ... Yes. For gods sake build it Stern! Not only a dream theme but with VH imagery, incredible uptempo music and Lee Roth callouts, it would be beyond incredible. Put me down for an LE thankyou!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24717 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I am pretty excited about Venom as well as Bond this year.

But like you BTTF is likely the only theme I would be tempted to buy NIB after this year especially if prices continue to rise.

#24718 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There’s no fight haha. The term just doesn’t mean what you think it means. I know Dads that like Miley Cyrus…is she “Dad Rock”?

Yes

#24719 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not a Tool fan myself outside of Undertow and Aenima which are great albums (and get a pass based on nostalgia since I grew up with them) but this theme would be a welcome change to the Dad rock pins so…I’ll take it. I’d prefer Slayer, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Ramones, Nine Inch Nails, DEVO, Beastie Boys or Wu Tang…but, I’ll take it.

explain to me how all of the bands that you would prefer and named are not dad rock??

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

so, by your own comment, here are the bands you listed and the year they were formed:
slayer - 1981
motorhead - 1975
black sabbath - 1968
ramones - 1974
nine inch nails - 1987
devo - 1973
beastie boys - 1981
wu-tang clan - 1992

other than the wu-tang clan, my age puts me in your category of being a father to elder millennials and I listened to all of these bands growing up. either your math (or your logic) is wrong sir

#24720 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

explain to me how all of the bands that you would prefer and named are not dad rock??

Good point. Motorhead played with Firefall, Blue Oyster Cult, and Heart in 1981, but aren't dad rock. I saw them warm up for some band in the early 80s (can't remember who), but used their set as a good time to go out and buy a t-shirt for the headlining act.

#24721 2 years ago

Just here to say that Dad Rock is a vibe, like Yacht Rock, that imo can span eras and genres.

Let's get a Yacht Rock pin from Stern next.

#24722 2 years ago

Off topic but, Yeah sorry but the definition of “Dad Rock” will always be a little influx. But it is safe to say that if you are 40+ then anything you listened to as a young adult is now in the category of Dad Rock. We don’t decide but our kids do! Just like we don’t get to decide if we are cool or not - our kids do! Just like when we were kids - anyone over 40 is out-of-touch (according to them). Our time in the sun is ending.

#24723 2 years ago

The more logical thinkers here are getting hung up on specifics. Don't be deliberately obtuse. In my mind, "Dad Rock" is the extremely popular, mainstream, household names of the era. Boring, safe picks. (all of Stern)

#24724 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

The more logical thinkers here are getting hung up on specifics. Don't be deliberately obtuse. In my mind, "Dad Rock" is the extremely popular, mainstream, household names of the era. Boring, safe picks. (all of Stern)

The ones that sell.

#24725 2 years ago

Motorhead and Black Sabbath are proto-metal, Slayer are metal, Ramones are punk. NIN is industrial. DEVO is no wave / new wave. DAD ROCK HAS NOTHING TO WITH FATHERS or being the age of a father. It is radio friendly popular rock from the 1970’s. Also Blue Oyster Cult is considered proto- metal / heavy psych on account that most of their majority of their material is well…exactly that. Not your standard radio friendly 70’s cheese rock…I can’t believe I have to explain this.

Quoted from j_m_:

so, by your own comment, here are the bands you listed and the year they were formed:
slayer - 1981
motorhead - 1975
black sabbath - 1968
ramones - 1974
nine inch nails - 1987
devo - 1973
beastie boys - 1981
wu-tang clan - 1992
other than the wu-tang clan, my age puts me in your category of being a father to elder millennials and I listened to all of these bands growing up. either your math (or your logic) is wrong sir

#24726 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Bond SLE... If I can get one.
Then I'm out ..... i know when i'm having my pants pulled down.

#24727 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The ones that sell.

Unfortunately true.

As much as I like the obscure; the obscure is typically not ‘popular’ regardless of demographic. Black Label Society, The Hold Steady, Riot, Korn, Steel Panther, [fill in the blank], etc, etc,….

You don’t like Rush, Maiden, Zep, Aerosmith, AC/DC, etc., so what - I bet 5000 or 6000 people who can afford a $10K toy and also like pinball do.

From a business/economic standpoint, Stern makes music pins they can sell and that’s the point and if I were in the business that’s what I would do. Can’t knock them for that.

#24728 2 years ago

Here's a tune for BTTF

#24729 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Let's get a Yacht Rock pin from Stern next.

Bring on the Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald pins!

#24730 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

slayer - 1981
motorhead - 1975
black sabbath - 1968
ramones - 1974
nine inch nails - 1987
devo - 1973
beastie boys - 1981
wu-tang clan - 1992

All of my music is dad rock, ‘cause no one else in the house wants to listen to it.......

#24731 2 years ago

“Dad Rock” with a side of “Dad joke” Doesn’t get better than that!

Quoted from SterlingRush:

All of my music is dad rock, ‘cause no one else in the house wants to listen to it.......

#24732 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

DEVO is no wave / new wave.

Now here's your quintessential definition of a nerd band;

- Horn-rim glasses? Check!
- Weird synthesizer sounds? Check!
- Guest appearance on "Square Pegs"? Check!
- Homage from "Weird Al" ala "Dare To Be Stupid"? Check!

Rush fans are normal compared to us DEVO fans. I would totally kill for a DEVO pin (radiation dome pop bumper caps would be a must!)

Quoted from Lounge:

From a business/economic standpoint, Stern makes music pins they can sell and that’s the point and if I were in the business that’s what I would do. Can’t knock them for that.

And this is why we'll never see Mark and the boys from Akron immortalized on a commerically available pinball.
If I ever want to see one, I'd have to make my own...

Later,
EV

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24733 2 years ago

The DAD rock bands, a lot of them are still touring and filling up stadiums.....
I don't think Justin Bieber could fill a stadium.....

#24734 2 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

The DAD rock bands, a lot of them are still touring and filling up stadiums.....

He sells out stadiums multiple nights...

#24735 2 years ago

Unfortunately I bet he could

#24736 2 years ago

Besides Dad Rock bands are more like todays Imagine Dragons or Coldplay, they certainly would sell out huge venues, and become Dad Rock themselves 20 to 30 years down the road

#24737 2 years ago

It’s funny coming in here reading about what bands everyone thinks appeal to younger crowds. As a 33 year old, 99% of what is listed in here I would never listen to or want on a pin. It’s almost all old man music as far as I’m concerned.

But kids don’t have money to buy pins, so we keep getting the bands that people who can afford pins want. Good business model since the pinball companies are in it to make money and not just trying to bring younger people into pinball.

Who here would sign up for a Lil Nas X or Dua Lipa pin? Nobody. That’s why it doesn’t get made.

#24738 2 years ago

How about some good ol’ RATT!

#24739 2 years ago

Actually after this Rush pin maybe they should take a break from rock pins for a while…please

#24740 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Actually after this Rush pin maybe they should take a break from rock pins for a while…please

Stern know the market far better than anyone here gives them credit for, they know exactly what will sell.

It’s a good thing having some themes that don’t appeal, I am looking forward to Venom and Bond that’s enough of a hit on my wallet this year without Rush and maybe foo fighters or whatever the last release of the year is.

#24741 2 years ago

I think 1 music pin a year is perfectly fine. Personally, I'm tired of the constant Marvel pins, but I get why Stern keeps making and selling out of everything. We should all be happy we have so many choices. Just think if stern was jjp, American, spooky , or cgc. 1 game every 2 to 3 years.

#24742 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think 1 music pin a year is perfectly fine. Personally, I'm tired of the constant Marvel pins, but I get why Stern keeps making and selling out of everything. We should all be happy we have so many choices. Just think if stern was jjp, American, spooky , or cgc. 1 game every 2 to 3 years.

Exactly there’s enough choice mostly thanks to Stern to have a music pin release and Marvel/DC/Comic Book release every year.

You obviously have no interest in Marvel pins but those are often a must buy for my house, thanks to stern there’s often something for everyone, I’m just glad I don’t want every title they release every year I’d be bankrupt

#24743 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Exactly there’s enough choice mostly thanks to Stern to have a music pin release and Marvel/DC/Comic Book release every year.
You obviously have no interest in Marvel pins but those are often a must buy for my house, thanks to stern there’s often something for everyone, I’m just glad I don’t want every title they release every year I’d be bankrupt

No, marvel is fine, I am considering venom and really want a spider-man. Also had deadpool.

#24744 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No, marvel is fine, I am considering venom and really want a spider-man. Also had deadpool.

I’m super excited for Venom and I would take a No Way Home Spider-Man with all the villains. I’ve had a deadpool on order since March but no idea when that will show up.

#24745 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m super excited for Venom and I would take a No Way Home Spider-Man with all the villains. I’ve had a deadpool on order since March but no idea when that will show up.

I Sold my deadpool to a buddy with the thought of buying back when he was done, but in today's market I told him to make the profit, which he did in 1 hour , but I'll find one again if really get the urge. Glad I only have room for 7,

#24746 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Motörhead would be a bad ass pin! Who would do the callouts for Lemmy now that he’s gone?

Ian Mcshane.

#24747 2 years ago

That would work. Good call.

#24748 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

It’s funny coming in here reading about what bands everyone thinks appeal to younger crowds. As a 33 year old, 99% of what is listed in here I would never listen to or want on a pin. It’s almost all old man music as far as I’m concerned.
But kids don’t have money to buy pins, so we keep getting the bands that people who can afford pins want. Good business model since the pinball companies are in it to make money and not just trying to bring younger people into pinball.
Who here would sign up for a Lil Nas X or Dua Lipa pin? Nobody. That’s why it doesn’t get made.

Funny I was on here ten years ago saying this. Enjoy the next ten friend, they go by quick now.

#24749 2 years ago

Lol. Way to be confidently wrong. I don’t listen to Bieber either but at least I’m naive enough to think he doesn’t sell out stadiums.

#24750 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Funny I was on here ten years ago saying this. Enjoy the next ten friend, they go by quick now.

Your profile says you're been on here for 8 years , don't rush those extra 2 years , like you say , they go fast enough as it is

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 3.49
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

4,894 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,999.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Maine Home Recreation

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 46,985 posts in this topic. You are on page 495 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/495?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.