IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 936.
#24601 2 years ago

Who gives a F? As the band aged their audience grew and they sold MORE records, duh! However, The first 3 VH albums are undeniable classic RIPPERS! Everything after that is garbage. David Lee Roth is one of the most electrifying front men and show men in the history of modern rock AND one of the greatest vocalist along side Freddy Mercury and Steven Perry. OK?!?

Quoted from Prince66cali:

Can anyone tell me how many #1 albums VH had with Dave and how many with Sammy?

8AF81B34-6848-44B1-9FE4-16566B9E131D (resized).jpeg8AF81B34-6848-44B1-9FE4-16566B9E131D (resized).jpeg

#24602 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who gives a F? As the band aged their audience grew and they sold MORE records, duh! However, The first 3 VH albums are undeniable classic RIPPERS! Everything after that is garbage. David Lee Roth is one of the most electrifying front men and show men in the history of modern rock AND one of the greatest vocalist along side Freddy Mercury and Steven Perry. OK?!?

[quoted image]

Yeah no. Anyone else??

#24603 2 years ago

I’m not in the business of correcting the poor tastes of others. It’s futile. Enjoy your luke warm hairless rock.

Yeah no. Anyone else??

#24604 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

I'll give everything here minus the vocals. I'm listening to DLR-era Halen for the energy and presence, but definitely not the vocal prowess.

Still, DLR over Hagar all day every day.

#24605 2 years ago

Technically he is one of the best. He has a much wider vocal range than most who are considered at the top, jussayn’

Quoted from onemilemore:

I'll give everything here minus the vocals. I'm listening to DLR-era Halen for the energy and presence, but definitely not the vocal prowess.
Still, DLR over Hagar all day every day.

#24606 2 years ago

I seen Van Halen when they open up for Sabbath and then on their first tour and their second tour and Diamond Dave was horrible singing live yeah he jumped around he kicked his legs in the air but as a vocalist the guy sucked I went to see one of the greatest guitarists ever Eddie Van Halen not that clown Dave he should have been in a circus

#24607 2 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

I seen Van Halen when they open up for Sabbath and then on their first tour and their second tour and Diamond Dave was horrible singing live yeah he jumped around he kicked his legs in the air but as a vocalist the guy sucked I went to see one of the greatest guitarists ever Eddie Van Halen not that clown Dave he should have been in a circus

Well stated. Dave was showman. Sammy was a musician. And Eddie was the reason for seeing VH.

#24608 2 years ago

I am surprised there has not been a VH Best of Both Worlds theme ... I'd be in for one.

#24609 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not in the business of correcting the poor tastes of others. It’s futile. Enjoy your luke warm hairless rock.

You lost me when you put David Lee Roth on the same level as Freddie Mercury. Freddie has had few--if any--peers. So, YOU enjoy your lukewarm hairless rock.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#24610 2 years ago

Diamond Dave is the best frontman of all time (not lead vocalist). Michael Anthony is also the best rock soprano vocalist of all time. The Van Halen Era was SO much better with these two.

Sammy is a better singer, but Van Hagar had pop hits, but Sammy's lyrics are 75% Love, Woo, Hey and Baby. No comparison of the eras.

#24611 2 years ago

No one is better than Mercury, that’s for sure. I just really hate Sammy Hagar. That’s the real issue here haha

Quoted from beelzeboob:

You lost me when you put David Lee Roth on the same level as Freddie Mercury. Freddie has had few--if any--peers. So, YOU enjoy your lukewarm hairless rock.
[quoted image]

#24612 2 years ago

You might not think so but Roth is an incredible vocalist. I think his wild showmanship has actually detracted from his reputation in that regard. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been in the studio and someone pulled Roth isolated vocals for reference. Guy is a monster technically and stylistically.

Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Diamond Dave is the best frontman of all time (not lead vocalist). Michael Anthony is also the best rock soprano vocalist of all time. The Van Halen Era was SO much better with these two.
Sammy is a better singer, but Van Hagar had pop hits, but Sammy's lyrics are 75% Love, Woo, Hey and Baby. No comparison of the eras.

8F2CC4CE-5D3A-4568-B705-2CB57B70C114 (resized).jpeg8F2CC4CE-5D3A-4568-B705-2CB57B70C114 (resized).jpeg
#24613 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can I ask you, when does Stern have time to do any VEs? They are backed up for at least a year with new games as is. RUSH is about to be announced as well
VEs are dead from Stern for the foreseeable future. The lines are full, VEs are used to fill in when the lines are slow.

They don't call them VEs any more they are Anniversary Editions...have enough leftover parts for a little run, grab the cake, candles and balloons folks it's party time at the cash register. Lol.

#24614 2 years ago

I once saw haggar open for Roth. They took turns on who opened that tour. Between them both they sang every Van Halen song. One of the best concerts ever. I remember haggar being head and shoulders better. Whether it was his personal stuff or him singing Van Halen. Roth embarrassed himself, falling during a super kick and forgetting lyrics. I like the haggar Van Halen songs better also

That said I think a Van Halen pin featuring both artist would break records

#24615 2 years ago

Cocaine is a hell of a drug haha

Quoted from Mattyk:

I once saw haggar open for Roth. They took turns on who opened that tour. Between them both they sang every Van Halen song. One of the best concerts ever. I remember haggar being head and shoulders better. Whether it was his personal stuff or him singing Van Halen. Roth embarrassed himself, falling during a super kick and forgetting lyrics. I like the haggar Van Halen songs better also
That said I think a Van Halen pin featuring both artist would break records

#24616 2 years ago

So we gonna talk bout Venom yet or what?

#24617 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

This man knows what’s up.

Come on Venom comic art edition!

#24618 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

So soon? The posters above haven’t even started comparing mullets yet

#24619 2 years ago

Still stuck on “my frontman is better than yours. Or something

#24620 2 years ago

Roth VH is actually kinda fun. Haggar VH is like Nickelback but maybe worse? Not sure there, but they are in the same league. Tons of album sales but barf. At least with AC/DC they stayed in the same range and a decent band, even though Bon was better than Brian.

#24621 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No one is better than Mercury, that’s for sure. I just really hate Sammy Hagar. That’s the real issue here haha

You hate Sammy? Montrose is a great band, but I was 14 when their first album came out, so lots of memories . Bad motor scooter was the first song he wrote.

#24622 2 years ago

Omg start a Van Halen thread or come back when there are rumours of a Stern VH release.

#24623 2 years ago

VH is rumored for Q2 of 2023. Starting rumor now, we good? Haha

#24624 2 years ago
0C7BCF31-5E18-484E-87AA-C737F0969B26.gif0C7BCF31-5E18-484E-87AA-C737F0969B26.gif
#24625 2 years ago

So if rumours are correct and schedules are similar to previous years, Venom will be revealed in may??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24626 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Whats with all the lukewarm rock stuff? Sammy s solo song from Over the Top was better than anything DLR did with or without VH. Wasnt my era tho. Just a fan, champ.

#24628 2 years ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I'm hoping to see the Tron VE first. It would give more time for development and manufacturing on on other games.

#24629 2 years ago

I will never get tired of music pins and Rush was definitely near the top of my wish list. Up next:

FB_IMG_1641569435419 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1641569435419 (resized).jpg
#24630 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Omg start a Van Halen thread or come back when there are rumours of a Stern VH release.

You new here or somethin'?

#24631 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I will never get tired of music pins and Rush was definitely near the top of my wish list. Up next:
[quoted image]

Sad Wings of Destiny

#24632 2 years ago

Either Hell Bent, Sad, or Screaming. All monster LPs from the Metal Gods.

#24633 2 years ago

I gotta go with ‘Sin after Sin’

Quoted from Chetrico:

[quoted image]

#24634 2 years ago

Killer album as well. There isn't a bad one in the bunch of classic Priest. That's why I listed 3.
Priest is my favorite metal band. Every album from Rocka thru Defenders I listened to for months straight as a kid growing up.
Hell Bent was the first, as a shared Christmas present to my sister and I when I was 7 years old. I wore the cassette out.

Back on track. Now I'm having a hard time deciding between Rush or Godzilla. I was certain I wanted a Zilla, now Rush comes along.

#24635 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211221-204324_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211221-204324_Instagram (resized).jpg
#24636 2 years ago

Deadflip Rush later today. Be there or be .

A5EC5A1A-46B8-43A3-AAF5-DB7B2A3D1729 (resized).jpegA5EC5A1A-46B8-43A3-AAF5-DB7B2A3D1729 (resized).jpeg
#24637 2 years ago

Godzilla, no contest.

Quoted from dkrubis:

Killer album as well. There isn't a bad one in the bunch of classic Priest. That's why I listed 3.
Priest is my favorite metal band. Every album from Rocka thru Defenders I listened to for months straight as a kid growing up.
Hell Bent was the first, as a shared Christmas present to my sister and I when I was 7 years old. I wore the cassette out.
Back on track. Now I'm having a hard time deciding between Rush or Godzilla. I was certain I wanted a Zilla, now Rush comes along.

#24638 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Godzilla, no contest.

How was Rush when you played it? It looks fun.

#24639 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

#24640 2 years ago

Leave it to crujones4life to get this thread back on track!

#24641 2 years ago

I’m sure it’s fun but based on theme, designer and layout I’d say Godzilla is a more unique game. Unless you are looking specifically for an X-men reskin with a an Austin Powers ring magnet and graphic design pulled from a literal art contest. I say Godzilla is the better buy imo.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

How was Rush when you played it? It looks fun.

#24642 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Leave it to crujones4life to get this thread back on track!

crujones4life speaking to this thread...

"Wherever you go,
Whatever you do,
If ever you need me,
I'll be there for you!"

1991 (resized).jpg1991 (resized).jpg
#24643 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m sure it’s fun but based on theme, designer and layout I’d say Godzilla is a more unique game. Unless you are looking specifically for an X-men reskin with a an Austin Powers ring magnet and graphic design pulled from a literal art contest. I say Godzilla is the better buy imo.

That's EXACTLY what I was looking for! I'm all paid up for an LE!!!

#24644 2 years ago

I'm sure Godzilla is a great pin, fun to play, and kicks butt, but there is no way it could beat the Snow Dog!!!!!

#24645 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

Be there by the hair on my BigBalls

#24646 2 years ago

Very interested on the shot to the time machine before the ramp goes up on Rush.
Also the shot behind the drop targets.

#24647 2 years ago

Sammy was way better.

you need to join the 'unpopular opinion' topic, LOL!

#24648 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

you need to join the 'unpopular opinion' topic, LOL!

DLR over SH .. Eddie was alway the main draw eruption.

#24649 2 years ago

Congrats Stern on Rush.. The Deadflip stream looked fantastic.

#24650 2 years ago

The STREAM looked incredible very high production value. The GAME however…
I’m all set.

Quoted from frankmac:

Congrats Stern on Rush.. The Deadflip stream looked fantastic.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 493 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/493?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.