Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 938.
#24551 2 years ago

Next music Pin, not the next game made by them, but when music is up in the rotation in 2023 or longer has to be Black Sabbath just my guess. It’s not my number one choice (since Motörhead or Misfits will never be made) but out of bands that could be made my guess, just saying.

#24552 2 years ago

Your trippin. The center ramp on IMDN (especially the premium) is SICK! This time machine on RUSH is the recycled Ring magnet from LOTR (which is fine) but to suggest that it be used three times is bonkers. Especially to suggest it for one of the greatest pins ever made, which IMDN most certainly is.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

This is what the center shot in Iron Maiden should have had, just saying

#24553 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

What is the origin of all these BTTF rumors? Could it be that all the time machine related hints were really just for RUSH annd BTTF is codename for RUSH?

1) Joe Kaminkow said (very deliberately) "I have a meeting with Doc Brown" at the end of a podcast in early 2020.
2) Joe designed the original BTTF.
3) Joe is the model on the BTTF flyer with Gary, further indicating his strong connection to the IP.
4) Joe owns a 1966 Batmobile, indicating he makes pins based on IPs he personally likes.
5) Kapow deals with big IPs.
6) Kapow is due for a new release.
7) Hint from Danger.

#24554 2 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Interesting part for us here in Aus regarding the Rush launch is that our importer is still closed for the holidays till next Mon...

My guess is that the small number of Aussie pinball enthusiasts who will buy a Rush LE already contacted AMD prior to Christmas to express interest and get on to that tiny list. Send through an email if you want one. Personally, the first time I have heard any Rush music was today, during Stern's promotional video. Having said that, I like the look of the pin.

#24555 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

1) Joe Kaminkow said (very deliberately) "I have a meeting with Doc Brown" at the end of a podcast in early 2020.
2) Joe designed the original BTTF.
3) Joe is the model on the BTTF flyer with Gary, further indicating his strong connection to the IP.
4) Joe owns a 1966 Batmobile, indicating he makes pins based on IPs he personally likes.
5) Kapow deals with big IPs.
6) Kapow is due for a new release.
7) Hint from Danger.

Danger said..."Yeah BTTF...hope you're all excited for that."

Someone on a pinball podcast recently said August 2022 Kapow BTTF.

Dwight Sullivan recently said on a podcast that Hill Valley being a fictional town in the Getaway may be a foreshadowing of what's to come. It was the way he said it that really struck me. He wanted to make sure everyone heard what he said.

BTTF artwork (pinball related) has been seen. Wasn't clear if it was cabinet art, playfield art, translight or what.

You really have to not be paying attention if you think BTTF ain't coming. It is coming. I don't have any idea when. Hoping for this summer/fall.

And to be very clear...BTTF is not code for RUSH! RUSH code name is FINN.

#24556 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Danger said..."Yeah BTTF...hope you're all excited for that."
Someone on a pinball podcast recently said August 2022 Kapow BTTF.
Dwight Sullivan recently said on a podcast that Hill Valley being a fictional town in the Getaway may be a foreshadowing of what's to come. It was the way he said it that really struck me. He wanted to make sure everyone heard what he said.
BTTF artwork (pinball related) has been seen. Wasn't clear if it was cabinet art, playfield art, translight or what.
You really have to not be paying attention if you think BTTF ain't coming. It is coming. I don't have any idea when. Hoping for this summer/fall.
And to be very clear...BTTF is not code for RUSH! RUSH code name is FINN.

Hope Elwin lands it; like you said it comes down to timing.

#24557 2 years ago

No no no. The codename for RUSH is ...FINN...
BTTF is coming. Danger said so himself. So many hints over the last 2 years.

Specify "so many hints"

EDIT: already done above, thanks

#24558 2 years ago
Quoted from WizzardRob:

Specify "so many hints"

EDIT: alredy done above thanks

#24559 2 years ago

will we ever get a damn harry potter table? It's been like 20 years and they've had the rights for the past 5...and with the anniversary thing that just happened...was really hoping that was going to be the next one

#24560 2 years ago
Quoted from STXDrew:

Hope Elwin lands it; like you said it comes down to timing.

And rather not Kapow, they're already expensive enough....

#24561 2 years ago
Quoted from Hipponotic:

will we ever get a damn harry potter table?

There you go .....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#24562 2 years ago

The code name for RUSH is FINN.

I could have sworn that FIN was the Stern code name for JAWS.

#24563 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I could have sworn that FIN was the Stern code name for JAWS.

Borg told me codename for RUSH is FINN.

#24564 2 years ago

If any of the Stern guys are teading this: I want a Judas Priest pinball.
I am in for a Painkiller LE

#24565 2 years ago

Slayer
Motorhead
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest

Quoted from pascal-pinball:

If any of the Stern guys are teading this: I want a Judas Priest pinball.
I am in for a Painkiller LE

#24566 2 years ago

Is Motley Crue still a strong rumour or has Foo Fighters taken that spot?

I'm no longer holding my breath for Back to the Future in 2022 with the focus being on Bond now. Need someone in the know to chime in other than the hopefuls talking about crumbs from podcasts.

#24567 2 years ago

Supernaut Multiball…. Sabbath, please.

#24568 2 years ago

Oh C'mon. Dave Lee Roth era Van Halen. It's a no brainer! Diamond Dave would do the best call outs.

#24569 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Your trippin. The center ramp on IMDN (especially the premium) is SICK! This time machine on RUSH is the recycled Ring magnet from LOTR (which is fine) but to suggest that it be used three times is bonkers. Especially to suggest it for one of the greatest pins ever made, which IMDN most certainly is.

Yes I enjoy the game it’s fast and fun, enjoy the bands music up to Brave New World last full album I liked, actually started the thread on pinside for it to get made and most thought was nuts, but in the end the toys or something missing from Maiden game as I envisioned something like the Metallica pin toys and or big Eddie head that locked the balls or something in the game besides shots,just feel most of game played in the center and the lifting ramp not enough, wished it went back through the game as wasted space not used.

#24570 2 years ago

Interesting perspective as I find that every square inch of that game is used creatively in modes and multiballs. The best layout and best rule set of any pin ever. JP playing a close second.

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes I enjoy the game it’s fast and fun, enjoy the bands music up to Brave New World last full album I liked, actually started the thread on pinside for it to get made and most thought was nuts, but in the end the toys or something missing from Maiden game as I envisioned something like the Metallica pin toys and or big Eddie head that locked the balls or something in the game besides shots,just feel most of game played in the center and the lifting ramp not enough, wished it went back through the game as wasted space not used.

#24571 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I'm no longer holding my breath for Back to the Future in 2022 with the focus being on Bond now. Need someone in the know to chime in other than the hopefuls talking about crumbs from podcasts.

Is there more evidence (or crumbs) for Bond than BTTF? Please share (no snark).

#24572 2 years ago

How I feel every time a reveal isn’t The Goonies.

log.giflog.gif
#24573 2 years ago

Bond would only be economically viable if it was released with an insane price tag. It's a licensing behemoth.

#24574 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

How I feel every time a reveal isn’t The Goonies.
[quoted image]

… a Pinball of "The Lost Boys(1987)" sounds very good for me Oneballjab

#24575 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

… a Pinball of "The Lost Boys(1987)" sounds very good for me Oneballjab

More chance of Spooky doing that one I reckon, but hell yeah it sounds good.

#24576 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Bond would only be economically viable if it was released with an insane price tag. It's a licensing behemoth.

BTTF - same same

#24577 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

TBF, it can't be far off from Disney, unless Stern got a bulk discount.

#24578 2 years ago

Man.. I’m seriously thinking BOND SLE.. but BTTF SLE would take priority..

But.. has Kapow released 2 games in the same year…
BM66 - first LCD Screen September 2016
Beatles - November 2018
Elvira - sorry was collaboration with Whizbang Pinball

So bar 2017 & 2020 - 1 a year.. so really what is the likelihood of 2 Kapow games in 1 Yr!?

#24579 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Beatles - November 2018
Elvira - September 2019
So bad 2017 & 2020.. 1 a year.. really, the likelihood of 2 Kapow games in 1 Yr!?

#24580 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Beatles - November 2018
Elvira - September 2019
So bar 2017 & 2020 - 1 a year.. so really what is the likelihood of 2 Kapow games in 1 Yr!?

COVID shortages and delays backed everything in the pipeline up, so...maybe?

#24581 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Beatles - November 2018
Elvira - September 2019

Not sure what EHOH is but it's not a Kapow title..common mistake

#24582 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Not sure what EHOH is but it's not a Kapow title..common mistake

Sorry my mistake, stern collaboration with Whizbang Pinball

#24583 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

I agree. I hope some effort and passion is put into this title. Hopefully it is not a throw-away non cornerstone effort.

I was doubting earlier that this game might be lacking passion. I believe now however that loads of effort and passion went into this latest Stern effort "Rush". This is evidenced by what was said in the Stern Insider's Podcast. This has a lot of Canadian involvement including Ed Robertson of "The Bare Naked Ladies" as well as Rush themselves. Rush actually selected the songs in the game as well as what pieces of art would appear in the game according to Robertson. Hopefully this is something special. I can't wait to get an opportunity to play one.

#24584 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

My guess is that the small number of Aussie pinball enthusiasts who will buy a Rush LE already contacted AMD prior to Christmas to express interest and get on to that tiny list. Send through an email if you want one. Personally, the first time I have heard any Rush music was today, during Stern's promotional video. Having said that, I like the look of the pin.

I'd still be quite surprised if anyone here has. Taking a straw poll amongst feedback Aussie pinball guys across places like local FB groups etc, since the title was rumoured, I haven't seen any of the types of guys who'd normally jump in and preorder indicated they'd put their names down as they'd done with Mando, GZ, etc. If anything just out of sheer interest, I might ask about it when I flick them an email next week to check on the GZ arrival.

#24585 2 years ago

My guess is 20 to 25 RUSH LE's for Down Under, So it will be a rare LE here no doubt.
From what I have seen the RUSH PRO should do quite well here. Fun and packed shooter with what will pan out to be some very nice code complete with a stack of callouts and animation from TSX and team.

I'm sad that RUSH is not a music theme to my taste, it looks really cool and I have no doubt it will be a ton of fun.
I think the Aussie Stern distributor AMD will be very busy with a bunch of orders for RUSH when they re-open next week, such a great team with excellent communication and support, they deserve an awesome start to the new year.

#24586 2 years ago

My guess, there will be a few Aussies becoming Rush fans after playing the game and hearing the music.

#24587 2 years ago

Was never a Rush fan as I was only into the radio played jams. I can not wait to be exposed to the 10-13 songs that are not as familiar to me.

This was a similar situation with Iron Madian and now I am a huge fan.

Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Zeppelin and GNR where bands i was a fan of before the pins.

All in on Rush!

#24588 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Was never a Rush fan as I was only into the radio played jams. I can not wait to be exposed to the 10-13 songs that are not as familiar to me.
This was a similar situation with Iron Madian and now I am a huge fan.
Metallica, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Zeppelin and GNR where bands i was a fan of before the pins.
All in on Rush!

$100 says you are selling your LE within 3 months for $$$

#24589 2 years ago

First impressions of the trailer.
Layout is extremely similar to Xmen but with enough mechs swapped in from other games to make it different.
Looks like effort was put into which mechs would best improve the layout.
I like the time machine theme.
The LOTR mech seems utilized well.
Rush seems to have more going on than some recent releases (GZ aside). Maybe the BOM has finally increased at Stern a bit with the more recent spike in pinball sales.
Not too much has been stripped away from the pro imo.
Impressive track list.
Not trying to be a jerk but I really dislike the playfield artwork (especially the band members). Its still better than early 2000s bad photoshop obviously.
Also, can we take a moment to acknowledge how much Stern stepped in their trailer cinematography? That premium trailer has some great action shots.
Overall this game looks very impressive at first glance. I'm out of the NIB market for a little bit but if I had the cash flow I'd be interested in a premium (best art package imo as well).

#24590 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

First impressions of the trailer.
Not trying to be a jerk but I really dislike the playfield artwork (especially the band members). Its still better than early 2000s bad photoshop obviously.

The artist posted in the thread. There was a competition between several people (presumably none had done a pin before). He's a not a Rush fan so all in all it's a good job. Ultimately Stern approved it. Still, I can't believe no one noticed a 6 string bass with 3 tuning pegs.

I'm assuming the lower art cost allowed them to have Geddy / Alex callouts and a ton of songs, so I'm ok with that (I also personally like the art, especially with Neil front and center).

#24591 2 years ago

Saw the artist posting somewhere - not sure if it was in this thread or on Facebook - that the character artwork went through several iterations and ultimately ended up the way it is based on band input and their final approval. Doesn't bother me at all and way prefer it to photoshopped photos on the playfield.

Ed also mentioned in the podcast that he provided musician related input to the artist as well - he said something about the spacing of the frets on the guitars as an example. I'm sure the guitars on the sideart will be fixed by the time these are on the line, especially since one side already seems to be correct.

Now that it has been a few days and I've looked at the playfield artwork closer, there are a few things that kind of bother me. In particular, I don't really love those 1 2 3 inserts all over the place. I believe they are combo related - I guess the 1 inserts light first, then 2, then 3 as you hit the combos. Seems like a lot of randomly placed numbers on the playfield and hope they serve more purpose than that.

#24592 2 years ago

Taking a look at the playfield, why are there no cliffys on the scoops?? Seriously wtf Stern. Sorry don’t mean to be picky but everyone and their mother’s uncle knows what will happen if the scoop isn’t protected. I guess the bright side it keeps Cliff in business

#24593 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Taking a look at the playfield, why are there no cliffys on the scoops?? Seriously wtf Stern. Sorry don’t mean to be picky but everyone and their mother’s uncle knows what will happen if the scoop isn’t protected. I guess the bright side it keeps Cliff in business

Ha! I literally thought this same thing. Seems like a no brainer to put scoop protectors there…

Cliffy is a good dude and I’m thankful for everything he does for this hobby. More business for him I guess.

#24594 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think I prefer a more recent rendition of their look! Neil wore a cool hat

that sir, is a kufi cap

#24595 2 years ago

Huge Rush fan and have been looking forward to this game but, who the hell did that artwork? Horrible!
I hope the game play is good.
With all the characters in the rush arsenal I expected a couple toys like spinning drum kit, one little victory dragon etc?

#24596 2 years ago

I think the art work is perfect on all 3. Opinions of art are highly subjective. The artist has been very forward in the community with how it evolved.

#24597 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Ha! I literally thought this same thing. Seems like a no brainer to put scoop protectors there…
Cliffy is a good dude and I’m thankful for everything he does for this hobby. More business for him I guess.

Since Stern just ripped him off when they started making their knockoffs, best case scenario. Cliff gets the business he is supposed to get for making the things in the first place.

#24598 2 years ago
Quoted from simbob:

Oh C'mon. Dave Lee Roth era Van Halen. It's a no brainer! Diamond Dave would do the best call outs.

Sammy was way better.

#24599 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Sammy was way better.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#24600 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me how many #1 albums VH had with Dave and how many with Sammy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 492 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/492?hl=skatewake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.