IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 940.
#24201 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Are we sure a BTTF isn’t on the cards in 2022 ☹️..
Looks like I might have to go with Bond SLE if not

BTTF Aug 2022
Bond Dec 2022

#24202 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Will be about $800.00 new then 6K on the resale market

Tilt Topper will be available in the early new year.

#24203 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

The new features on the code have raised Munsters to a new level.
No longer a great looking pin with just an OK code.

Your absolutely right the new update is great they really added to the game I’m loving mine Munsters is a more complete game. It’s a blast to play n for those that think Munsters didn’t sale good think again I know from a couple of people that stern done really good with Munsters. People are still trying find one to buy.

#24204 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Your absolutely right the new update is great they really added to the game I’m loving mine Munsters is a more complete game. It’s a blast to play n for those that think Munsters didn’t sale good think again I know from a couple of people that stern done really good with Munsters. People are still trying find one to buy.

I meant on the second hand market more. Munsters owners were taking a beating on sales. Actually though, now that I'm thinking back, both Minsters and Stranger Things were offer at a discount from retailers for a bit.

#24205 2 years ago

Great review from Zack and Greg.

#24206 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Yippee. A modern game has been reviewed.

#24207 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Let me guess . . . Greg rated it a B+ overall ?

#24208 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Ok, if not GB VE then maybe TRON VE?

Can I ask you, when does Stern have time to do any VEs? They are backed up for at least a year with new games as is. RUSH is about to be announced as well

VEs are dead from Stern for the foreseeable future. The lines are full, VEs are used to fill in when the lines are slow.

#24209 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

I hear this hate on AIQ a lot but don’t get it. Yes it needs some better code / polish, but the foundation of it is very good in my opinion. I’m struggling to find a pin with more flow than this. If it gets some more love in the code department it’s a complete package for me.

If you're a casual player the game is not a lot of fun, if you're a pro player and you want to test yourself getting better it probably is.
I think the game looks amazing and has some nice shots, but (at least in mine) most of the shots are hard, and if you miss or it rejects, you will get punished, every half shot ramp will either get back STDM or directly in the outlane, or the pops throw it directly out. Even some clean shots go STDM, if I shoot for the hulk, I have to prepare to shake the game a lot, because it will be gone otherwise (STDM coming from CA).
The rules to me just suck, the modes are just no fun at all, and the game is only trying to get things away from you, so there is not really a feel of progressing, even though some say it doesn't matter pointwise. I have not played a game on it yet that got my adrenalin going...

#24210 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Theme not for me but wow, what a fantastic pin.
Yeah, great review by these two guys who have done a brill job.

The pinball backlog is unreal.
I’m surprised Stern are still releasing new pins.
I guess that’s due to the contractural obligations?
Must be an admin nightmare.

#24211 2 years ago

So...where is my Rush reveal? What time does Stern usually release the teaser?

#24212 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

So...where is my Rush reveal? What time does Stern usually release the teaser?

Stern Facebook page is where it happens and it is when they feel like it. Normally, was at the end of their work day.

#24213 2 years ago

Backflippwr caught this and kudos to him

07F2CCBD-2F52-4D1B-ACBE-243AA1AB662D (resized).jpeg07F2CCBD-2F52-4D1B-ACBE-243AA1AB662D (resized).jpeg
#24214 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Backflipper caught this and kudos to him. Fron Insider Connect Official video!
[quoted image]

#24215 2 years ago

I’m getting the tingles … in my flipper fingers!!!

Great catch Backflipper! Either a hint or another slippy mistake by the media QC group at Stern

#24216 2 years ago

Great catch Backflipper! Either a hint or another slippy mistake by the media QC group at Stern

Quoted from PinBalt:

Great catch Backflipper! Either a hint or another sloppy mistake by the media QC group at Stern

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24217 2 years ago

Where did the pic come from?

Quoted from PinBalt:

[quoted image]

#24218 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

[quoted image]

Stern took the video down from Youtube

#24219 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

Stern took the video down from Youtube

Makes no sense to pull video if teaser is today...

#24220 2 years ago

Wonder if the layout will be similar based on earlier leak of the upper right ramp

CDB93BE1-F77A-4D45-B5B3-AF5176A64CD5 (resized).jpegCDB93BE1-F77A-4D45-B5B3-AF5176A64CD5 (resized).jpeg
#24221 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

[quoted image]

The video link was just deleted by Stern confirming it.

#24222 2 years ago

Makes no sense to pull video if teaser is today...

Some sloppy work out of their media department that makes me think it’s going to be delayed. How do you NOT release your Rush title on the 21st of the month?

#24223 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Wonder if the layout will be similar based on earlier leak of the upper right ramp

Hope not . .. this looks super boring.

#24224 2 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:Wonder if the layout will be similar based on earlier leak of the upper right ramp
[quoted image]

Is this really the rumored layout? Not seeing anything spectacular here.

#24225 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Is this really the rumored layout? Not seeing anything spectacular here.

No

#24226 2 years ago

Another bloody music pin, good grief.
If you want music while you play , put on headphones or crank the stereo!
Some really cool original sound pins have been in the market and surprise you.
The hype over music pins is astounding!

#24227 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

[quoted image]

What's the URL in that screenshot (red circle cuts off part of it)

#24228 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Theme not for me but wow, what a fantastic pin.
Yeah, great review by these two guys who have done a brill job.
The pinball backlog is unreal.
I’m surprised Stern are still releasing new pins.
I guess that’s due to the contractural obligations?
Must be an admin nightmare.

That's why I half heartidy suggest they just start rerunning their recent classics with some upgraded lighting and charge $10,000 more. With recent prices, it seems like a great way to get in on that pricing action, without the R&D and sometimes expensive licensing costs of new pins.

#24229 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Another bloody music pin, good grief.
If you want music while you play , put on headphones or crank the stereo!
Some really cool original sound pins have been in the market and surprise you.
The hype over music pins is astounding!

I’m with you they could do some really nice pins beside music pins.

#24230 2 years ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’m with you they could do some really nice pins beside music pins.

They do. Stern releases about 3-5 games each year and make a band game every couple years. It's usually about 6-10 non band themes for every 1 band theme. Also, most of their band themes have sold really well. Some were vaulted several times.

#24231 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm good with that because I love the code on LZ. And now once again it's time to cue Pac-Man humping a machine:

Agree, Zepp code is fantastic as is BKSoR.
Looking forward to see what they do with Rush.

#24232 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why would Stern produce any VEs before 2024/2025 at the earliest?
They can't produce enough new release pins to satisfy current demand, with 20,000(?) units on back order.
Further, they intend on releasing more new titles next year.
VEs may come back once the back orders are all satisfied ... and that will take a long time!

The rumour is that there will be a VE next year.

My hot take: to make up for poor sales of Rush.
:p

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24233 2 years ago

There is absolutely no reason to release a vault. Even if the next 4 games are failures. There is still no reason to release a vault. They can just build some of the 20,000 backordered current titles. No vaults.

#24234 2 years ago

There is absolutely no reason to release a vault. Even if the next 4 games are failures. There is still no reason to release a vault. They can just build some of the 20,000 backordered current titles. No vaults.

Unless it's the IM Vault to curry favor with Marvel. Or the LotR Spike Vault to time with the Amazon LotR series that premieres in Fall 2022. But LotR is kind of cheating since it's on the line between vault and new pin. I can see squeezing a Vault out, especially if it's a small run of less than 1000 in the case of Iron Man. They'd be done in a couple weeks.

There are lots of reasons to do a Vault (or kinda vault) when they're backordered on 20k pins. They don't have to all be straightforward reasons.

#24235 2 years ago

Stern Pinball has a wacky marketing and business model. If you are looking to provide value for your customers then dont do a VE. If you are looking to undercut everyone who invested in a game then be my guest but it will come back to bite you when demand for this hobby starts to wane. I understand people want a GB or IM but thats just the nature of the sport. BTW where TF is this rush pin? It better have great ramps, effects, snow, and owls.

#24236 2 years ago

I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit for a reveal of Rush, myself included. Does anyone think that Stern is gonna do a reveal the week between Christmas and New Years? Is Stern even working this week?

#24237 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

I know a lot of folks are chomping at the bit for a reveal of Rush, myself included. Does anyone think that Stern is gonna do a reveal the week between Christmas and New Years? Is Stern even working this week?

Lol with that back log they're working! They were working on Thanksgiving day! I remember they put out a post saying that it was voluntary only cuz they were getting alot of flack for it!

#24238 2 years ago

Godzilla tournament playoffs. IE Pinball thanks.

#24239 2 years ago

I was shopping for a stranger things pro as this is its last run and the distributor said next week stern will announce the next pin. He is pretty large so I assume he would know

#24240 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Stern Pinball has a wacky marketing and business model. If you are looking to provide value for your customers then dont do a VE. If you are looking to undercut everyone who invested in a game then be my guest but it will come back to bite you when demand for this hobby starts to wane. I understand people want a GB or IM but thats just the nature of the sport. BTW where TF is this rush pin? It better have great ramps, effects, snow, and owls.

I agree. I hope some effort and passion is put into this title. Hopefully it is not a throw-away non cornerstone effort.

#24241 2 years ago

I was almost certain they would, but they almost always announce on Tuesday after a distributor meeting. So unless they have a teaser, probably not.

#24242 2 years ago

Caught this gem on the radio on the way into work this morning.

20211228_080949 (resized).jpg20211228_080949 (resized).jpg
#24243 2 years ago

Teaser just posted

#24244 2 years ago

https://fb.watch/aaUb78sTqI/

They posted a teaser. Next week is the official reveal of the models etc

#24245 2 years ago

Holy F!.. Yes, 15 songs!

#24246 2 years ago

That’s a weird video… not the aesthetic I was expecting. Either way, not a buyer of this one.

#24247 2 years ago

It's Hedwig! Harry Potter confirmed!

#24248 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It's Hedwig! Harry Potter confirmed!

Id be more excited. If it plays great like GZ I’m in but hard to excited for me. I do always enjoy seeing them revealed and the deep dives

#24249 2 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Holy F!.. Yes, 15 songs!

17!

Screenshot_20211228-102132_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211228-102132_YouTube (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

16,000 (OBO)
$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

18,500 (OBO)
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,983 posts in this topic. You are on page 485 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/485?hl=jrbbrj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.