Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 938.
#24001 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am really looking forward to seeing what they have come up with for Rush.

We all are.

#24002 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Will we get a teaser tomorrow?

I saw somewhere the teaser would drop on 12/27, but I'm hoping for tomorrow!

#24003 2 years ago

Now that Danger is officially part of the Stern design team...

Rush - Borg
Venom - Eddy
BTTF - Elwin
Bond - Gomez
Foofighters - Danger

#24004 2 years ago

I like this, but let's up the ante a bit and take a page from elvira and cirqus vortaire and make part of the backglass/translite transparent so that we can actually have working gears showing

#24005 2 years ago

If they got the full IP including Queen soundtrack this could work:
Hello pretty……

99E2F875-FCE6-47BF-9054-BAA6534BB5E6 (resized).jpeg99E2F875-FCE6-47BF-9054-BAA6534BB5E6 (resized).jpeg
#24006 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Rush - Borg
Venom - Eddy
BTTF - Elwin
Bond - Gomez
Foofighters - Danger

They’d be setting Danger up for failure if they were to assign him foo fighters. No way they do that

#24007 2 years ago

I have to admit being dismayed that so few people on here think Foo Fighters would make for a good pin. Not that they are my favorite, but they have like a million jams you could choose from that are high energy and arena-friendly - my only concern would be storyline. Music and popularity-wise, though, I can think of many worse bands to build a game around.

That said, I expect JD to take on a non-music IP for his first pin, just because it gives a lot more wiggle room for creativity.

#24008 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I have to admit being dismayed that so few people on here think Foo Fighters would make for a good pin. Not that they are my favorite, but they have like a million jams you could choose from that are high energy and arena-friendly - my only concern would be storyline. Music and popularity-wise, though, I can think of many worse bands to build a game around.
That said, I expect JD to take on a non-music IP for his first pin, just because it gives a lot more wiggle room for creativity.

Yeah, the concern for me would be ‘what’s the point of the game?’ And not the music, for sure. Not sure I understand all those that immediately swear it off, based on the music. Now, had folks argue that there is no storyline that makes sense, absolutely.

#24009 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, the concern for me would be ‘what’s the point of the game?’ And not the music, for sure. Not sure I understand all those that immediately swear it off, based on the music. Now, had folks argue that there is no storyline that makes sense, absolutely.

Not that I would want it to only be based off one album, but FF did try for some thematic/story-based elements with Sonic Highways. That could serve as maybe a jumping off point for a more thorough gameplay design. I like the band enough that even if they went with the Zeppelin-esque "Go on tour!" gameplay style I'd likely buy.

For those concerned about not enough songs, I humbly submit:

I'll Stick Around
This Is A Call
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Everlong
Wind Up
Enough Space
Stacked Actors (!!!)
Breakout
All My Life
Low
Times Like These
No Way Back
DOA
The Pretender
Long Road To Ruin
Bridge Burning
Rope
White Limo (!!!)
Arlandria
The Feast and the Famine
Congregation
Run
The Sky Is A Neighborhood
Cloudspotter
Holding Poison

And I left out a couple of the lesser/slower hits. Count me in on a Foos pin if/when it ever happens (unless it's just a LZ Pro knockoff).

#24010 2 years ago

Foo Fighters is so vanilla and boring, can’t imagine making that into an interesting theme.
Jack Danger said he wants to make pinball weird again, maybe we’ll get something original like class of 1812 or party zone/dr dude

#24011 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Not that I would want it to only be based off one album, but FF did try for some thematic/story-based elements with Sonic Highways. That could serve as maybe a jumping off point for a more thorough gameplay design. I like the band enough that even if they went with the Zeppelin-esque "Go on tour!" gameplay style I'd likely buy.
For those concerned about not enough songs, I humbly submit:
I'll Stick Around
This Is A Call
Monkey Wrench
My Hero
Everlong
Wind Up
Enough Space
Stacked Actors (!!!)
Breakout
All My Life
Low
Times Like These
No Way Back
DOA
The Pretender
Long Road To Ruin
Bridge Burning
Rope
White Limo (!!!)
Arlandria
The Feast and the Famine
Congregation
Run
The Sky Is A Neighborhood
Cloudspotter
Holding Poison
And I left out a couple of the lesser/slower hits. Count me in on a Foos pin if/when it ever happens (unless it's just a LZ Pro knockoff).

I'd rather it be a Nickelback pins. Storyline, you go to a high school party. At least they have that going for them. Foo???

#24012 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

They’d be setting Danger up for failure if they were to assign him foo fighters. No way they do that

I’m sure Iron Maiden wasn’t a preferred theme for Elwin but he knocked it out

Quoted from Roostking:

I'd rather it be a Nickelback pins. Storyline, you go to a high school party. At least they have that going for them. Foo???

Ever shot you hit you could add that stupid voice over they do after singing a verse.

This life hasn't turned out quite the way I want it to be
(Tell me what you want) - would play once you hit the lit shot

#24013 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m sure Iron Maiden wasn’t a preferred theme for Elwin but he knocked it out

Well it’s Elwin and Iron Maiden versus Danger and foo fighters. Obviously money is on Elwin to create the better pin. Foo fighters is a cool band but worthy of a pin? Not in my opinion. Give me Motley Crue, Ozzy, Def Leppard or another band with mega hits. Or better yet take a break from band pins altogether.

#24014 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Well it’s Elwin and Iron Maiden versus Danger and foo fighters. Obviously money is on Elwin to create the better pin. Foo fighters is a cool band but worthy of a pin? Not in my opinion. Give me Motley Crue, Ozzy, Def Leppard or another band with mega hits. Or better yet take a break from band pins altogether.

Yeah, I’d be good with a break from band pins too but Elwin wasn’t a known designer prior to IMDN so if Jack is given a crap theme he could still kill it.

I bought the JP home pin and it’s a ton of fun especially for what he had to work with in a home pin. Obviously my GZ is way better

#24015 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Yeah, I’d be good with a break from band pins too but Elwin wasn’t a known designer prior to IMDN so if Jack is given a crap theme he could still kill it.
I bought the JP home pin and it’s a ton of fun especially for what he had to work with in a home pin. Obviously my GZ is way better

That's just it you can't have it both ways he had alot to work with infact with all the stuff that was stolen from its big brother it was a third done before he even started and I think Jack is the only one acknowledging that fact. Point is the training wheels are off now so let's see what ya got Jack! I know I'm curious

#24016 2 years ago

Rush - Borg
Venom - Eddy
BTTF - Elwin
Bond - Gomez
Foofighters - Danger

This would be awesome. BTTF and Elwin is an instabuy.

#24017 2 years ago
Quoted from merkdds:

This would be awesome. BTTF and Elwin is an instabuy.

To be fair, isn’t anything from Elwin an instabuy?

#24018 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hello pretty……[quoted image]

That would be pretty sweet! The ball save call out could be "I am immortal!" and each dual could be a mini wizard mode with a multi ball that has less balls until there is only one left. It would be downright wild if the could get something like a mini Tesla coil to make lightning for the wizard mode(s).

#24019 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I used to think so as well but out of the 3 Elwin games I've owned, only Maiden is still here (and never leaving)
I LOVE his layouts but I have to wait and see if I vibe with the code in his games. (No GZ playtime yet)

#24020 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I used to think so as well but out of the 3 Elwin games I've owned, only Maiden is still here (and never leaving)
I LOVE his layouts but I have to wait and see if I vibe with the code in his games. (No GZ playtime yet)

I’ve owned all of his and imdn I bought twice. Love it but sold it. I honestly love GZle and my JP pro. I think JP pro is my favorite and I have no idea why I enjoy it so much. They all are great though

#24021 2 years ago

I bet Dangers first cornerstone will be a home run regardless of theme. The guy is very passionate, knowledgeable and he’s got something to prove. Elwins past two are not anywhere near as good as his first two. His very first being what I consider the greatest pin of all time at this point.

Quoted from Mattyk:

#24022 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I feel the sense of possibilities…..

I feel the wrench of hard realities...

Quoted from skink91:

Why yes, yes it is!

Later,
EV

#24023 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

They've been doing disco and other covers lately. A Foo Fighters time travel game could be really fun with them traveling through different musical eras. Dave's daughter does a really great cover of an Amy Winehouse song, so throw her in there, too as an easter egg.

#24024 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maiden is still his best, IMO, but so far I think GZ is second.

#24025 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maiden is still his best, IMO, but so far I think GZ is second.

JP is my favorite, but there's no doubt that he is an amazing game designer. I think he is actually currently the best designer in pinball.

#24026 2 years ago

Unpopular choice. I hope they make a power rangers.

#24027 2 years ago

Gameshow Pin…. Price Is Right or Survivor… or Lego Batman with Will Arnett. Something different would be great.

#24028 2 years ago

Y'all are all wrong sheesh. Elwins pins go in this order. This isn't rocket science Lol I'm only kidding so settle down, well not about Iron Maiden. (flame on)

1. AIQ
2. Godzilla
3. JP

Iron maiden sucks

#24029 2 years ago

Most don't a agree, but I think Foo Fighters never would have made it anywhere without Nirvana. The music just doesn't have an originality and spark that big band music has. Boooooring. To me, it would make a terrible pin, but that's okay. I need a freakin' break from buying pins. I remember the days when my bank account was like a thick mattress of security. Now its a desolate wasteland, nuked by the new golden age of pinball.

#24030 2 years ago

The call outs would be awesome…..

9B7A8AE4-508D-4968-934D-09CF6D9039EF (resized).jpeg9B7A8AE4-508D-4968-934D-09CF6D9039EF (resized).jpeg
#24031 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Most don't a agree, but I think Foo Fighters never would have made it anywhere without Nirvana.

Nobody knew who Dave Ghrol was when he was in Nirvana. I’ve always liked the Foo Fighters and no matter what your take on them is, Dave Ghrol is a very talented musician. I strongly believe he would be successful regardless of Nirvana. I was never a Nirvana fan (and I’m still not).

As for a Foo Fighters pin, I can’t really see it. All the band pins lately have been get the band together, go on tour - meh.

#24032 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

Unpopular choice. I hope they make a power rangers.

I’d love a Power Rangers or… what Jack has said he’d love to make but unfortunately would be hard to get licensing … Pokémon!

#24033 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're on a desktop you should definitely be running an ad blocker like adblock plus or ublock origin to kill the youtube ads.

And if you are on iOS, 1Blocker works amazingly well.

#24034 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640088619777 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640088619777 (resized).jpg
#24035 2 years ago

Is today the day?

F719F993-F61C-4990-A514-C7FC1B271409 (resized).pngF719F993-F61C-4990-A514-C7FC1B271409 (resized).png
#24036 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Is today the day?
[quoted image]

...just might be...!!!

Awesome illustration BTW.

#24037 2 years ago

JD could be the guy that finally does Beetlejuice

#24038 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

JD could be the guy that finally does Beetlejuice

I had a chuckle today when I thought of the story about how nobody at Stern was passionate enough to make a Beetlejuice pinball machine, but here we are and they're about to release a Rush pinball machine....Beetlejuice oozes art, music, originality, vibrancy, international appeal....Rush is an amazing band, but hardly anyone I know could name a single song. I'd just be playing Tom Sawyer the first time I put coin through it.

Foo Fighters - you can easily pack (at the very least) 12 songs in there that have international appeal (see previous poster's list) and have a rocking game....and the complainers that don't like the Foo Fighters can't tell me that all those popular tracks wouldn't get the adrenaline pumping for a game of pinball... Couple this with original artwork that pops (Zombie Yeti) and some type of retro ray gun comic alien/UFO theme, with a killer layout and you're onto a winner. Metallica proved people wrong with this approach. I was expecting some dark Photoshop band imagery and Dirty Donny came along and knocked it out of the park. The triple threat of DD art, Lyman code and Borg layout.

Let's see if Foo Fighters becomes a reality and they create an original alien character like Metallica's Sparky....

#24039 2 years ago

The entire game should look like the ‘everlong’ video. Not a “fan” of the band per se and I don’t typically buy band pins but I’d definitely buy Foo Fighters for location especially if it ends up being Dangers first cornerstone.

Quoted from ahdelarge:

I had a chuckle today when I thought of the story about how nobody at Stern was passionate enough to make a Beetlejuice pinball machine, but here we are and they're about to release a Rush pinball machine....Beetlejuice oozes art, music, originality, vibrancy, international appeal....Rush is an amazing band, but hardly anyone I know could name a single song. I'd just be playing Tom Sawyer the first time I put coin through it.
Foo Fighters - you can easily pack (at the very least) 12 songs in there that have international appeal (see previous poster's list) and have a rocking game....and the complainers that don't like the Foo Fighters can't tell me that all those popular tracks wouldn't get the adrenaline pumping for a game of pinball... Couple this with original artwork that pops (Zombie Yeti) and some type of retro ray gun comic alien/UFO theme, with a killer layout and you're onto a winner. Metallica proved people wrong with this approach. I was expecting some dark Photoshop band imagery and Dirty Donny came along and knocked it out of the park. The triple threat of DD art, Lyman code and Borg layout.
Let's see if Foo Fighters becomes a reality and they create an original alien character like Metallica's Sparky....

#24041 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

It's all personal preference.

While I'm a huge fan of the Foo Fighters and I think they could get a pin some day, I just don't put them on the same level as Rush in terms of history, catalog and overall accomplishment. At the end of the day there are more than enough people to sell out Rush pins, probably more than enough to sell out pins from dozens of bands. More than likely though - there are some big Rush fans at Stern.

#24042 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I had a chuckle today when I thought of the story about how nobody at Stern was passionate enough to make a Beetlejuice pinball machine, but here we are and they're about to release a Rush pinball machine....Beetlejuice oozes art, music, originality, vibrancy, international appeal

It’s probably more likely the rumour about CGC having the license is the real reason Stern couldn’t do Beetlejuice. There has to be one of the designers that love that movie it’s a riot!

#24043 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

It's all personal preference.
While I'm a huge fan of the Foo Fighters and I think they could get a pin some day, I just don't put them on the same level as Rush in terms of history, catalog and overall accomplishment. At the end of the day there are more than enough people to sell out Rush pins, probably more than enough to sell out pins from dozens of bands. More than likely though - there are some big Rush fans at Stern.

Rush is iconic, but as far as history/catalog vs foo fighters a big part of that is the age of the band. Discounting side projects during Nirvana, FF's didn't really get going until the mid 90s. No idea what Foo Fighters catalog will look like 25 years from now, but it makes perfect sense for pushing pinball to a younger market without tilting the old guard.

Late GenX & early millennials are 35-45 now hitting the point where they're a growing population of the home and location market. Beyond music, David Grohl also has a following in even younger crowds with a social media presence as an over-the-top guy who does nice stuff for people, fans and non-fans alike.

At the same time, they're still clearly a rock band like most music pins, so an easier sell to existing buyers who might be more skeptical of a genre/style that hit mainstream while their kids were in high school.

Rush/Zepplin/Kiss were already big by the time they were born. If they became superfans it started during a later surge in popularity or digging through a cool uncle's record collection.

Metallica/Maiden were hitting a (first) peak during their childhood but they still weren't the target market. Metallica eventually had some mainstream radio play, but if they became fans it started out emulating the interests of an older sibling, either theirs or their friends.

Foo Fighters was directly targeted at them on the radio in middle/high school/college. Even if not into them specifically there's a good chance they saw them live at a festival. The dorm had a superfan who plastered their room with posters and wouldn't shut up about them.

If it gets a hot reception, it opens the door for band pins that break the rock genre. If not, it'll still sell out the first runs and the later runs will be backordered until the license expires, with any dips in sales bridged with BTTF "Back to 1985" edition. A late announced SSSSSLE with 88 individually numbered machines and easily affordable to anyone who has a sports almanac and access to a time machine.

#24044 2 years ago

The gameplay on Pokémon would be so satisfying. Catching and battling trainers. Pokeball pinballs, evolving what’s been caught etc. could go deeeep. Big nerd here.. sorry

#24045 2 years ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

The gameplay on Pokémon would be so satisfying. Catching and battling trainers. Pokeball pinballs, evolving what’s been caught etc. could go deeeep. Big nerd here.. sorry

I played the first one as a teenager (Blue) and while I know the games have gotten a LOT more complicated, I (and many other Pinball fans including Jack Danger) see that potential as well. From a gaming standpoint it would be open to some great tie-ins as you pointed out. From a commercial standpoint this pin would print money and bring in a younger audience. I know the 30-40 age has some Pokémon awareness and fanbase but the 20-30 age are often Pokémon obsessed and the kids still buy all the merchandise up.

#24046 2 years ago

No Rush news at all...not even a teaser. LAME

#24047 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Hello pretty……[quoted image]

MUM!

5C49844B-6E69-4543-B54B-9870010520DC (resized).jpeg5C49844B-6E69-4543-B54B-9870010520DC (resized).jpeg
#24048 2 years ago

No Rush news at all...not even a teaser. LAME

Hmmm. Maybe what they have to show they aren't particularly proud of. I hope that's not the case! Please be better than Zepplin!

#24049 2 years ago

It’s not 9:12 yet

#24050 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

It’s not 9:12 yet

Love it!

602E22DA-3B12-4F82-96F6-3221097C2E31 (resized).jpeg602E22DA-3B12-4F82-96F6-3221097C2E31 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 481 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/481?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.