maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
images (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_4963.gif
Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 940.
#23901 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Weaksauce, in other words.

It is actually a very good sauce, has been correct or nearly correct every time for the last 10 years.

Lets see this time,

#23902 2 years ago

Anyone hearing whether Rush is a two flipper or three flipper game?

#23903 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wish I could be excited by a Music pin from Stern. Last couple been major disappointments.
Stern butchered: Heavy Metal, Primus, Led Zep, Aerosmith and Rolling stones
With exceptions of:
Iron Maiden and Metallica
Honorable efforts
ACDC and Beatles
How is Rush going to be any better. They are going to have to do some serious next level code and toys.
Sterns just not batting at 100% on these.
I love rush but after Led Zeppelin just not clamoring for more of the same. It better be GNR x 2 on design
and code. Especially with pinflation.
Also a Vault release in 2022? Any guess - I'd Say MET or Tron
Bring Back Dirty Donny for something Cool..

Dude... You missed Kiss

I sold/am selling all of my music pins, except for my Kiss.

It has that special something, flow, amazing mechs and super fun rules (yes, lol, I do love them to pieces).

#23904 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

WWE LE and BK LE didn't seem to sellout.

WWE LE still available new in box at Pinball Universe in Germany, not even kidding

#23905 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Is there some special reason this thread is allowed to flaunt the thread title rules?

Quoted from Roostking:

Then start that thread, and stop being a wannabe hall monitoring.

Doesn't begin to answer the question. Especially since I don't know what a "wannabe hall monitoring" is.

#23906 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

I always seem to enjoy 3 flippers.

#23907 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

WWE LE still available new in box at Pinball Universe in Germany, not even kidding

That does not surprise me.

#23908 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do sports pins ever do well? Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball was a dud. The flavors of NASCAR/Indy were a dud. Capcom football/soccer was a dud. Striker extreme/NFL - dud. Maybe back to World Cup Soccer 94 for a successful one?
If they had a new Slap Shot reboot or remake, that might help...

I would consider a NFL pin purchase. With a new ambitious modern day twist. With sounds/music and clip like the EA sports games.

#23909 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

I would consider a NFL pin purchase. With a new ambitious modern day twist. With sounds/music and clip like the EA sports games.

Stern's not putting that kind of work into a pin that would sell less than a marvel license. Also, their video compression on Godzilla is ATROCIOUS, much worse than any Spike 2 before it, so video quality is going the wrong direction already.

#23910 2 years ago

I'm ambivalent.
I can say that I am a casual Rush fan as well as a fan of the Foo fighters, so I would certainly play either on location. I don't see myself buying either, however.

For my home collection, I would love to see something like Queen, Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Pearl Jam, Jimi Hendrix, Journey, or David Bowie.

I would also be interested in pinball designers spreading their wings on something slightly different in the musical world like the Beastie boys or Ramones.

#23911 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Dude, at least be sincere. No person who tells others to install a pop-up blocker is "pro-creator"
You are "pro-entitlement" you think you are entitled to free content based on your preconceived notions of what is fair. Whatever. But at least be honest with yourself. You don't want to watch a 20 second ad for a 1 minute video? Great... 1) subscribe to YT Red 2) don't watch the video 3) be pro-entitlement and take something for free without compensating the creator. It is your choice.

Ok it might be time to pump your sob story elsewhere. Literally NOBODY feels bad for skipping pop ups or for the people that are spamming them. Blame YouTube for attaching 6 ads to a 5min video. Don't blame the user who went from zero ads to a few ads to equal parts ads/content over the last decade.

#23912 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do sports pins ever do well? Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball was a dud. The flavors of NASCAR/Indy were a dud. Capcom football/soccer was a dud. Striker extreme/NFL - dud. Maybe back to World Cup Soccer 94 for a successful one?
If they had a new Slap Shot reboot or remake, that might help...

Love my NBA Fastbreak!

#23913 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I'll be that guy:
Is there some special reason this thread is allowed to flaunt the thread title rules?
***** " THE~NEXT~STERN~PIN " *****
should be
The Next Stern Pin
should it not?
OP? Mods?
The rule is there for a reason. It's garish. Even the original title, "What Will Be The Next Stern Pinball Machine?", would be an improvement.
If it were up to me, I'd call it "Upcoming From Stern? Speculation And Rumors" or similar.
Maybe I'm just crabby because I'm battling the 'rona, but I grow weary of the inconsistency every time I look at the thread list. This is easily the worst offending thread, near the top of the list at least. A couple others have some dashes or a couple tildes, but this one is flagrant! And by its very nature, it never dies!

Well now I wish the thread title was written in Comic Sans just to see people lose their minds.

#23914 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I believe 12 was the most songs in a Stern band pin.
ACDC is one

Stones has 13-14 depending on pro vs le.

#23915 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I watch multiple guitar lesson vids per day. This is absolutely the case. It's maddening now. It's gotten way worse.

And making a music Playlist though YouTube is impossible without a premium membership now. Every song starts with ads (some over 2min) and some songs also end with an ad. I have old Playlist that I tried to listen to not lo g ago and if you aren't there to hit skip, their is far more time dedicated to ads than music. I know there are dozen of other ways to listen to music but this used to be one as well. Remember back when you could throw YouTube up as a house party playlist and just having it play music?

#23916 2 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Stones has 13-14 depending on pro vs le.

That is a good amount. Less than 10 could be repetitive.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23917 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

Really hoping for 3!

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our Sauce is saying 2nd week January for next announcement.
Will be interesting to see who's sauce is best!

Still hearing 12/21

#23918 2 years ago

Still hearing 12/21

I am hearing 12/21 as well.

Rush_2112 (resized).jpgRush_2112 (resized).jpg
#23919 2 years ago

People who make ads are called content creators? Well congratulations on creating something NO ONE wants. I just found an occupation i hate more than morning radio djs and lawyers!

#23920 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

Still hearing 12/21
I am hearing 12/21 as well.[quoted image]

If it is next Tuesday, we'd get some kind of Facebook teaser today. That's usually how Stern does it.

#23921 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And making a music Playlist though YouTube is impossible without a premium membership now. Every song starts with ads (some over 2min) and some songs also end with an ad. I have old Playlist that I tried to listen to not lo g ago and if you aren't there to hit skip, their is far more time dedicated to ads than music. I know there are dozen of other ways to listen to music but this used to be one as well. Remember back when you could throw YouTube up as a house party playlist and just having it play music?

Went YouTube Premium a long time ago, watch way too much YouTube to waste time on ads. It's combined with YouTube Music so a great deal, it's just as good as any music service.

#23922 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If it is next Tuesday, we'd get some kind of Facebook teaser today. That's usually how Stern does it.

I was hearing teaser next Tuesday, and official reveal few days after Christmas.

#23923 2 years ago

Per K man Facebook

267726319_2992690344326316_6856163480341048080_n (resized).png267726319_2992690344326316_6856163480341048080_n (resized).png
#23924 2 years ago

Don’t know who K man is, but I like that there’s 15+ tunes… hope they stay away from the mid 80’s synth heavy years!

#23925 2 years ago

Per K man Facebook[quoted image]

Dual outlanes on the left, single on the right

#23926 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Ok it might be time to pump your sob story elsewhere. Literally NOBODY feels bad for skipping pop ups or for the people that are spamming them. Blame YouTube for attaching 6 ads to a 5min video. Don't blame the user who went from zero ads to a few ads to equal parts ads/content over the last decade.

It's not a sob story. No one on this group is costing me a penny.

It is comical that people don't see it for what it is - freeloading.

If you have a problem with YouTube ads then *don't watch YouTube* Watch a platform that suits your viewing needs better.

#23927 2 years ago

Teaser today? Announcement Tuesday?

#23928 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

If you have a problem with YouTube ads then *don't watch YouTube* Watch a platform that suits your viewing needs better.

<yawn>

#23929 2 years ago

I keep checking for any Back to the Future news. I’m so into it that I had a dream last night I was at a bar in the middle of nowhere and in walked Doc and Marty for some beers. I think I have problems.

#23930 2 years ago

Per K man Facebook[quoted image]

More or less all the same things I heard.

Couple of other surprises also.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Don’t know who K man is, but I like that there’s 15+ tunes… hope they stay away from the mid 80’s synth heavy years!

I did hear there will be some "longer songs". Should be interesting.

#23931 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

More or less all the same things I heard.

I did hear there will be some "longer songs". Should be interesting.

They have a lot of songs in general that are considered long, most of their mainstream hits are 5+ minutes long and then you have 2112 which is over 20 minutes in length. There are a ton of more obscure stuff that is over 10 minutes in length.

Hope they get the mainstream stuff in the game.

#23932 2 years ago

Would love for the following:
Limelight
YYZ
Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
La Villa Strangiato
Passage to Bangkok
Test for Echo
Working man
Fly by Night
Subdivisions
Something for Nothing
Witch hunt
Spirit of Radio
Jacobs ladder
Freewill

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23933 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Two very good surprises.

#23934 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Limelight
YYZ
Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
La Villa Strangiato
Passage to Bangkok
Test for Echo
Working man
Fly by Night
Subdivisions
Something for Nothing
Witch hunt
Spirit of Radio
Jacobs ladder
Freewill

Great list. Listening to Signals recently, I realized that Analog Kid would probably do better in a game than Subdivisions. Both great songs, though.

#23935 2 years ago

Here is how I get around annoying ads when watching Youtube content. For the content creators that I watch regularly and want to make sure they get their $$ revenue.
I will run their video in Chrome browser muted with ads running.
Then I will watch their video separate in Firefox browser with adblock/ublock origin enabled so I can enjoy the video non-stop with no annoying 5 or 10 minute ads.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm being 100% sincere. I AM pro-creator. I had no problem watching the ads I described on youtube. Then recently google decided to abuse its youtube users with forced long ads even on extremely brief content. That's where I drew the line. Simple as that. They decided to abuse our relationship, I said no. Your problem is with THEM, not me. And post don't-be-evil google has proven they don't care what you or any creators not in the top 10 think. You certainly wouldn't get anywhere near the dialogue we're having on this with them, IF you could even talk to someone there.
I have no idea what content you provide, but if it's longer than, say, 2 minutes or more, you shouldn't have a problem. Your users/fans will probably put up with a 20 or 30 second forced ad. But I personally don't watch youtube for longer content, and my TOTAL youtube minutes in a month are average of maybe 10-15? So youtube red (isn't Red gone, now, BTW?) or premium or whatever is a complete non-starter, and if I have to watch a 20 second ad to consume a minute of content, that's a poor decision on youtube's part, because they will lose and are losing eyeballs to ad blockers, but not enough to scratch their income. It only affects you, and they do not care about that.

#23936 2 years ago

Need some roll the bones!

#23937 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

In order to stiff you, Youtube knows whether someone watched the ad or not. They choose to stream the video either way. This isn't a technological limitation or a theft from their "store." it's a business decision.

They hand it out. They make money through data, analytics and a locked in user base. They're making money off it every time. The ads are gravy.

Rather than pay you for your work, they blame people who paid exactly the price they offered. Then they ask you to do more work for free, harassing their customers into paying more than their asking price. If and only if works, they toss you a few crumbs of the additional profit.

They're exploiting you. Twice.

#23938 2 years ago

With the recent posts talking about dates of announcements and whatnot, all I can say is: it'd be a shame to be this close to 21 Dec (2112) and NOT use that date.

#23939 2 years ago
Quoted from craif:

In order to stiff you, Youtube knows whether someone watched the ad or not. They choose to stream the video either way. This isn't a technological limitation or a theft from their "store." it's a business decision.
They hand it out. They make money through data, analytics and a locked in user base. They're making money off it every time. The ads are gravy.
Rather than pay you for your work, they blame people who paid exactly the price they offered. Then they ask you to do more work for free, harassing their customers into paying more than their asking price. If and only if works, they toss you a few crumbs of the additional profit.
They're exploiting you. Twice.

This is one of the many reasons streamers have jumped off YT. You stream live on twitch, capture and edit it, and then put it up on YT for the crumbs. This way you potentially earn from your work twice. But it really comes down to how many followers you have on both platforms, and your earnings on Twitch if you really are trying to make a few bucks…

#23940 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Limelight
YYZ
Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
La Villa Strangiato
Passage to Bangkok
Test for Echo
Working man
Fly by Night
Subdivisions
Something for Nothing
Witch hunt
Spirit of Radio
Jacobs ladder
Freewill

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Limelight
YYZ
Red Barchetta
Tom Sawyer
La Villa Strangiato
Passage to Bangkok
Test for Echo
Working man
Fly by Night
Subdivisions
Something for Nothing
Witch hunt
Spirit of Radio
Jacobs ladder
Freewill

This list is only missing the #1 song Take Off with Bob and Doug Mckenzie

#23941 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexZander:

Here is how I get around annoying ads when watching Youtube content. For the content creators that I watch regularly and want to make sure they get their $$ revenue.
I will run their video in Chrome browser muted with ads running.
Then I will watch their video separate in Firefox browser with adblock/ublock origin enabled so I can enjoy the video non-stop with no annoying 5 or 10 minute ads.

This is a nice workaround for people that watch a specific creator or creators, but I don't. Also, I haven't yet run across a 5 or 10 minute ad. That's even more abusive that what I was talking about.

I uninstalled Chrome a long time ago. Google has turned it into an intrusive virus that does bad things well outside the scope of what a browser has any right to be doing on a computer or home/office network. Another step away from their founder's "don't be evil" mantra.

#23942 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

This list is only missing the #1 song Take Off with Bob and Doug Mckenzie

That would be an awesome song if they added - Take off Eh!!!!!!

#23943 2 years ago

Any chance all those wishing to discuss ad blocking, YT, streaming policies, etc ... could start a thread dedicated to that topic you seem to so enjoy, and allow those of us who come here to this thread about STERN's next pin to return to our debate on whether it'll be RUSH or BTTF as the next STERN pin?

purty purty please

#23944 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Any chance all those wishing to discuss ad blocking, YT, streaming policies, etc ... could start a thread dedicated to that topic you seem to so enjoy, and allow those of us who come here to this thread about STERN's next pin to return to our debate on whether it'll be RUSH or BTTF as the next STERN pin?
purty purty please

You're right. I don't like it, but you're right. Mea Culpa.

#23945 2 years ago

Is the next stern pin a youtube ad?

Start a youtube ad thread already.

Edit - beat me to it.

#23946 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Is the next stern pin a youtube ad?

Personally I hope that they don't make a youtube ad pinball machine. Youtube ads are a millennial thing, and the 40-50 crowd who really like pinball would be more into a popup ad table, banner ad table, or maybe a "Congratulations! You're the 1,000th visitor!" ad table.

Also, for the record (insert your favorite drummer here) sucks! Matt Cameron is easily the best drummer of all time.

#23947 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Or install an ad blocker

#23948 2 years ago

Rumored vault in 2022....

Wonder if they'd Vault Ghostbusters..

#23949 2 years ago

3 flippers and 15+ songs is gooood news so far.

#23950 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Really hoping for 3!

Still hearing 12/21

I am excited for all the Rush fans either way... Lets see the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,499.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,059.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Almighty Mods

12,063 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Sunbury, PA
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 46,998 posts in this topic. You are on page 479 of 940.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/479?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.