20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 942.
#23801 2 years ago

Peart was extremely talented, more so than many before and countless to follow, but the greatest drummer of all time was on the last Stern music pin…even other legendary drummers say Bonham was the greatest.

Honestly, I’m tired of the music themes. I’m tired of the hot ticket themes also (GoT, TWD, Mando). Godzilla was refreshing. This is just my opinion, and it doesn’t matter because cash is king, and per Gary himself, COVID was good to him.

#23802 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

This goes for every LE

WWE LE and BK LE didn't seem to sellout.

#23803 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

If they would have come out in 2021 they would have sold out. Not enough machine for too many people. I wish you fan a great RUSH machine but we all know the LE will sell out within a few hours.

#23804 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

If they would have come out in 2021 they would have sold out. Not enough machine for too many people. I wish you fan a great RUSH machine but we all know the LE will sell out within a few hours.

It kinda sorta may be gone already.

#23805 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You sir must be referring to some alternative dimension. The man was correct. There are only 3 Indy movie in the trilogy.
Also, watch out for things flying over your head.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones

#23806 2 years ago

Seriously though...

Screenshot_20211215-211911_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211215-211911_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23807 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I was talking in the current market

#23808 2 years ago

Play notes wrong once, it’s wrong.
Play notes wrong twice, it’s jazz.

#23809 2 years ago

It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time, it's pointless to even try. To do so just makes the people in the argument look stupid. Just like athletes, they all have to be judged by era as musicians and athletes both evolve at staggering paces on a yearly basis. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Keith Moon, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, John Bonham, all great and amazing drummers, but drummers like Dennis Chambers and Neil Peart took the foundation they laid, ran with it and created a name for themselves by taking all of those previous fundamentals to a new level. Rush is my favorite band and Peart is my favorite drummer, but I absoloutely recognize that even Neil's talent has been improved upon tenfold. There are guys out there like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemann, Matt Gartska, Alex Rudinger, and so many others in the extreme metal genre I haven't even bothered naming that leave all the previous mentioned names in the dust. There are drummers today doing things on a kit that the founding fathers would have NEVER thought possible. As a drummer myself, I find it much more productive and rewarding to discuss the amazing contributions all these names have provided for our listening pleasure rather than pit them against one another for the "best drummer ever" title, because in the end it's an absolutely pointless argument that will never have a clear cut winner.

#23810 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time

Agreed… case in point, Charlie Watts, how do you factor in performing at that level for 60 straight years? Keith Moon is a rock god, but only lived to 32… did he have another 40yrs+ of performing at that level?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23811 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time, it's pointless to even try. To do so just makes the people in the argument look stupid. Just like athletes, they all have to be judged by era as musicians and athletes both evolve at staggering paces on a yearly basis. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Keith Moon, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, John Bonham, all great and amazing drummers, but drummers like Dennis Chambers and Neil Peart took the foundation they laid, ran with it and created a name for themselves by taking all of those previous fundamentals to a new level. Rush is my favorite band and Peart is my favorite drummer, but I absoloutely recognize that even Neil's talent has been improved upon tenfold. There are guys out there like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemann, Matt Gartska, Alex Rudinger, and so many others in the extreme metal genre I haven't even bothered naming that leave all the previous mentioned names in the dust. There are drummers today doing things on a kit that the founding fathers would have NEVER thought possible. As a drummer myself, I find it much more productive and rewarding to discuss the amazing contributions all these names have provided for our listening pleasure rather than pit them against one another for the "best drummer ever" title, because in the end it's an absolutely pointless argument that will never have a clear cut winner.

The first drummer you mentioned is the GOAT. Also I love the quote of him in the hospital. Nurse asks if he is allergic to anything…”yes, country and western”.

#23812 2 years ago
set_back_to_the_future_640 (resized).jpgset_back_to_the_future_640 (resized).jpg
#23813 2 years ago

Maybe time to start your own hype thread? I love BTTF as much as the next guy but posting every day? Everyone will be sick of it before it is even a real game. Take some time off. Go for a hoverboard and enjoy some Pepsi Perfect. Maybe binge all 19 Jaws movies for a few weeks and take a rest from all the BTTF references.....

#23814 2 years ago

Naw, hes having fun wishing for his dream pin. Keep the faith Crujones, it will happen,,,,someday

#23815 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:It's impossible to quantify the best drummer of all time, it's pointless to even try. To do so just makes the people in the argument look stupid. Just like athletes, they all have to be judged by era as musicians and athletes both evolve at staggering paces on a yearly basis. Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Louie Bellson, Keith Moon, Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, John Bonham, all great and amazing drummers, but drummers like Dennis Chambers and Neil Peart took the foundation they laid, ran with it and created a name for themselves by taking all of those previous fundamentals to a new level. Rush is my favorite band and Peart is my favorite drummer, but I absoloutely recognize that even Neil's talent has been improved upon tenfold. There are guys out there like Mike Mangini, Bobby Jarzombek, Thomas Lang, Marco Minnemann, Matt Gartska, Alex Rudinger, and so many others in the extreme metal genre I haven't even bothered naming that leave all the previous mentioned names in the dust. There are drummers today doing things on a kit that the founding fathers would have NEVER thought possible. As a drummer myself, I find it much more productive and rewarding to discuss the amazing contributions all these names have provided for our listening pleasure rather than pit them against one another for the "best drummer ever" title, because in the end it's an absolutely pointless argument that will never have a clear cut winner.

Um, you can quantify athletes as they have some goal. Most points, quickest 100 yard dash.

I agree with you though, music is not.

#23816 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Maybe time to start your own hype thread? I love BTTF as much as the next guy but posting every day? Everyone will be sick of it before it is even a real game. Take some time off. Go for a hoverboard and enjoy some Pepsi Perfect. Maybe binge all 19 Jaws movies for a few weeks and take a rest from all the BTTF references.....

I was just tired of reading about drummers...lol.

Also, it's been 3 days since my last BTTF pic post...I'd call that progress. Baby steps.

#23817 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I was just tired of reading about drummers...lol.
Also, it's been 3 days since my last BTTF pic post...I'd call that progress. Baby steps.

Keep them coming! You're not the only one checking daily to see if BTTF becomes official

#23818 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Seriously though...
[quoted image]

That's not very nice. I can see why Pinside has a bad reputation...

#23819 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just scroll past.

B8C55D5A-FF00-4834-871B-813133846F15 (resized).jpegB8C55D5A-FF00-4834-871B-813133846F15 (resized).jpeg
#23820 2 years ago

For someone who hasn't heard a rush song , what's their best / most popular song .

#23821 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Got the same feeling about all the band / Rush / drummer posts. It is part of this thread. Learn to live with it or maybe take a break yourself.

#23822 2 years ago

WooHoo
Big Trouble in Little China is on , it's been said like 7000 times before but I'll say it again , someone make this pin .

IMG20211216195747 (resized).jpgIMG20211216195747 (resized).jpg
#23823 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I guess I missed this. Where did you see the pic showing the pin? Can you point me to it? Very exciting!

Everyone thought it was Rush, but it was actually...

rush-hour-stern (resized).pngrush-hour-stern (resized).png
#23824 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For someone who hasn't heard a rush song , what's their best / most popular song .

Someone's top 10 list that covers the ones you want to know about...

#23825 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Someone's top 10 list that covers the ones you want to know about...
(although it's weird that Tom Sawyer is only an honorable mention on that list)

Sweet , I'll have to wait for an ad break to check it out

#23826 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sweet , I'll have to wait for an ad break to check it out

If you're on a desktop you should definitely be running an ad blocker like adblock plus or ublock origin to kill the youtube ads.

#23827 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(although it's weird that Tom Sawyer is only an honorable mention on that list)

Tom Sawyer was the number one , it was at the end of the honorable mentions .
I can see why they weren't big in Australia , we have short attention spans and like quick simple songs like ACDC .
But I'm happy for all the guys who love Rush and will get their pin .

#23828 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Tom Sawyer was the number one , it was at the end of the honorable mentions .
I can see why they weren't big in Australia , we have short attention spans and like quick simple songs like ACDC .
But I'm happy for all the guys who love Rush and will get their pin .

Ah, I didn't realize they did #3, then honorable mentions THEN the top picks. Tom Sawyer is the most well-known, so it's definitely #1.

#23829 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Monthly reminder that based on the timing of previous releases the next Stern Pin will be reveal is due 18 January 2022. Math and logic quoted above. As an aside, not based off of how long between releases, Stern has announced new pins in the 2 weeks before Christmas the past 2 years.

There was a bit of an uproar over the surprise EHoH40 announcement where dealers were blindsided.

New title will be previewed to dealers before end of year, announced to public first week of Jan.

#23830 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

WooHoo
Big Trouble in Little China is on , it's been said like 7000 times before but I'll say it again , someone make this pin .
[quoted image]

Goonies & BTILC are 1 and 2 in my dream theme list. Must buys when/if they’re ever made. They would both sell craploads!

#23831 2 years ago

It has been a good bit of time since we have seen a "Game Show" pin. How about "The Price is Right" with both Bob Barker and Drew Carey Callouts.

#23832 2 years ago
Quoted from njvc:

Keep them coming! You're not the only one checking daily to see if BTTF becomes official

And praying it isn’t a boutique pin!

#23833 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

It has been a good bit of time since we have seen a "Game Show" pin. How about "The Price is Right" with both Bob Barker and Drew Carey Callouts.

The Running Man was a game show.

C2A56ED5-C6F6-4CAA-B2DC-0996CC32EB74 (resized).jpegC2A56ED5-C6F6-4CAA-B2DC-0996CC32EB74 (resized).jpeg
#23834 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Give 2112 a spin. Side A is a 20+ minute masterpiece.

#23835 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

And praying it isn’t a boutique pin!

Why?

#23836 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Not mine but according to Rolling Stone poll top 5 were :

1. Tom Sawyer
2. 2112
3. Limelight
4. Working Man
5 Red Barchetta

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-rush-songs-178108/red-barchetta-171754/

This top 10 is closer to mine, their top 5

1. Tom Sawyer
2. Spirit of Radio
3. Fly by Night
4. Limelight
5. 2112

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-songs/

I actually listen to their last 5 CDs more than anything.

Rush-reference-on-last-nights-episode-of-the-FOX-animated-series-Family-Guy (resized).jpgRush-reference-on-last-nights-episode-of-the-FOX-animated-series-Family-Guy (resized).jpg
#23837 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Take some time off. Go for a HOVERBOARD and enjoy some PEPSI PERFECT. Maybe binge all 19 JAWS MOVIES for a few weeks and take a rest from all the BTTF references.....

Clearly some of y'all can't detect ironic humour...

#23838 2 years ago
Quoted from BigBalls:

Just scroll past.[quoted image]

Anyone who doesn't have you blocked already does

#23839 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Probably Tom Sawyer.
Other popular hits would be Spirit of the Radio, Limelight and YYZ

#23840 2 years ago

I just want my little pro model for a modest $6600 or whatever they cost now (lol). I’m not mentally prepared enough to spend $10k+ on a pinball machine. Not my jam.

#23841 2 years ago

I'm guessing if Stern is going to release a new Pin it's going to be on December 21st at 12pm.

Prior to price bloating I would of picked up this game in hopes it was something unique.
Now it.s just the subject of my soliloquy.

#23842 2 years ago

Recommend picking up some good reading material to help pass the time until a BTTF drops

A85ADAD5-59F8-4E03-96D0-4B11466678B7 (resized).jpegA85ADAD5-59F8-4E03-96D0-4B11466678B7 (resized).jpeg
#23843 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're on a desktop you should definitely be running an ad blocker like adblock plus or ublock origin to kill the youtube ads.

As someone who makes a living, and employees/supports other families through YT ads...I shake my head when I read this type of comment. Do you leave your warehouse doors open so people can just walk off with your "Tibetan Breeze" fans? When you use an ad blocker you are literally pulling pennies out of the content creator's pocket... and yes those pennies add up.

If you don't want to watch ads you should subscribe to YouTube Red - It will cost you about the same as a weekly cup of coffee. If you choose not to subscribe at least have the decency to watch an ad long enough to "skip ad"

#23844 2 years ago

Any rumors about the art on this game?

Im not a rush fan, but probably a buyer for location if it looks good especially if Sexton is on code. I just hope the art doesn't get the Led Zeppelin treatment.

#23845 2 years ago

And almost impossible not to air drum to The Temples of Syrinx. Kind of like that one part of that one song from Genesis.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Give 2112 a spin. Side A is a 20+ minute masterpiece.

#23846 2 years ago

Just wanted to remind you all that 1 year ago today Stern sold out of every single one of their Led Zeppelin LEs on release day. Please remember that when the FOMO hits. With that said... I hope the next pin is amazing!

#23847 2 years ago

Just wanted to remind you all that 1 year ago today Stern sold out of every single one of their Led Zeppelin LEs on release day. Please remember that when the FOMO hits. With that said... I hope the next pin is amazing!

From what I can tell, Rush LEs are sold out and it hasn't even been announced yet!

#23848 2 years ago

I haven't regretted a single one of my FOMO Stern LE orders, and I still have them all: GOT, SW, ST, JP, and yes...even LZ.

I'm sure Rush will be amazing as well and I won't regret that order, either.

And now...a picture of Pac-Man humping a pinball machine:

#23849 2 years ago

Assuming Rush is indeed next and looks to be a good game upon reveal, it will be a Premium for me and I already have a spot with My distributor for his first batch. Will make my down payment the day of the reveal if I like what I see.

#23850 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Not mine but according to Rolling Stone poll top 5 were :
1. Tom Sawyer
2. 2112
3. Limelight
4. Working Man
5 Red Barchetta
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-rush-songs-178108/red-barchetta-171754/
This top 10 is closer to mine, their top 5
1. Tom Sawyer
2. Spirit of Radio
3. Fly by Night
4. Limelight
5. 2112
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-songs/
I actually listen to their last 5 CDs more than anything.[quoted image]

My list
1. Spirit of Radio

If you consider yourself “not a Rush fan” or not familiar with Rush, at least give that one a listen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northfield, MN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 10.00
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
BomberMods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 477 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/477 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.