Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 476 of 938.
#23751 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Still trying to will this into existence!! I won't believe until it's revealed.
My favorite album has always been Farwell to Kings
A pic of some of my RUSH tickets that I've managed to keep hold of. Seen them 6 times in total. Who else has tickets or memories to share?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Fun, I’ll add my Rush ticket, 2nd show, I don’t think I kept my first show ticket…I am really wanting this to be a great pin…

How about those tickets prices…

1848C460-3127-4FA2-9F14-40A5DDE43DEA (resized).jpeg1848C460-3127-4FA2-9F14-40A5DDE43DEA (resized).jpeg
#23752 2 years ago

Fast Eddie Strikes Again! 12/13/21 - Picked up a pin for me outside of nyc and delivered to buffalo 7hrs later. Great guy. Best delivery service in the northeast. Please call him if you need a pick up and delivery. 5one83664five69. He s old school so he takes calls only. Again excellent guy and great service! I know this isnt a delivery thread but I wanted to give him the exposure. #GOAT

IMG_20211214_081456_01 (resized).jpgIMG_20211214_081456_01 (resized).jpg
#23753 2 years ago

Please somebody buy Fast Eddie a New pair of jeans !

#23754 2 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Please somebody buy Fast Eddie a New pair of jeans !

I can tell by your username you like skinny jeans. He s 70 and hand trucks 300lb games upstairs by himself.

#23755 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

Fun, I’ll add my Rush ticket, 2nd show, I don’t think I kept my first show ticket…I am really wanting this to be a great pin…
How about those tickets prices…
[quoted image]

Did you happen to see U2 at the taping of the Red Rocks show? That would have been amazing.

#23756 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Did you happen to see U2 at the taping of the Red Rocks show? That would have been amazing.

I wish.. No. In Colorado you are sure to meet 250,000 people who were at the show that only held 9,000 people.

#23757 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Who else has tickets or memories to share?

Saw them about 25 times (missing a few stubs) Every tour since Grace Under Pressure. Met them briefly outside of their hotel in NYC after a Power Windows Show at the Meadowlands. Was in college and someone’s mom in the music industry told him that they are staying at a certain hotel and the limos will be Odyssey 1 and 2. We head over after the show and sit on my car for what seemed to be about an hour. Low and behold a limo pulls up …Neil gets out and walks right by us and into the hotel. We were in shock and he didn’t look like he wanted to be interrupted (can’t blame him).
Next limo pulls up right after and Alex and Geddy get out and were very friendly and signed our tickets. Alex was a little lit and very funny (he has some big meaty hands) ..had a nice brief conversation with him and told him we had front row at the next show at Nassau coliseum.

Great memories…but my favorite was when my 10 year old daughter came to see them on Clockwork Angels and she followed up with R40.
825CE033-590B-4325-80F2-75C1E4471D45 (resized).jpeg825CE033-590B-4325-80F2-75C1E4471D45 (resized).jpeg

#23758 2 years ago

That's awesome! you've been to so many Rush shows! So great that you and your daughter got to see them. I was waiting for the day that my son would be old enough to see them with me. Then they stopped touring and the next thing I know I'm blindsided with Neal's passing. My son is now 14. How time flies. We may not have been able to see Rush together but he has grown up to be quite the musician. He plays bass and piano for fun and plays clarinet for school. He is quite the Rush fan. He knows how to play on bass Tom Sawyer, vital signs, free will and dream line

#23759 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It should contain no less than 25 cymbals and more pop bumpers than any game ever

Load that middle PF up!! As long as it’s lifted off the deck I’m all good

#23760 2 years ago

I should be in the confessional as I’ve been trying hard to aquire a GZ .The funny thing is I always ended the offer with “Cash topper to be negotiated “.Nobody has asked what the “topper” was .I guess some people don’t need $$.That being said I believe in Karma .Maybe this new Rush pin is the Ark .Maybe I’m being rewarded for missing out .Time will tell .

#23761 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Still trying to will this into existence!! I won't believe until it's revealed.
My favorite album has always been Farwell to Kings
A pic of some of my RUSH tickets that I've managed to keep hold of. Seen them 6 times in total. Who else has tickets or memories to share?

No stub, but here are pics from my only Rush show. Moving Pictures tour circa 1981, Shreveport, LA from the front row! I used to take this inexpensive Minolta 35mm camera with me to every show when I was a teenager. I've got some great memories there.

Rush 1.jpgRush 1.jpgRush 2.jpgRush 2.jpgRush 3.jpgRush 3.jpg
#23762 2 years ago

RUSH was my first concert in 1986. Witnessed them 2 more times. Best Live show I ever saw. God I hope its as good as the band.

What will make this a top 10 pin?

1. Band support like GNR gave JJP. Access to all the art and songs.
2. Lyman on code.
3. Time Machine Theme and gameplay.
4. Tribute to Neil Pert (sp?) Greatest drummer ever imo.

5. Have FLOW and avoid what happened to Aerosmith, Kiss and LZ. All cheap looking, boring pins I would never own(even though I love the music).

Honestly I wish JJP got the licence. Stern ... dont fuk it up.

#23763 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

at the Meadowlands.

Hey DrDQ you caught my attention here because that's where I saw my first Rush show ... I looked through your tickets -- we were both at the 6/27/15 show at Prudential!

I saw them for the first time there in NJ in 1997 with a good friend, and twice more over the next few years ... then I saw them two (maybe three?) times in FL in 00s-10s, but I flew back to NJ for that last show at Prudential. I went with the same friend as that first show back in 97.

That Prudential show was the one where they played Losing It, amazing to finally hear that one live.

#23764 2 years ago

Neil Pert wishes he was Billy Cobham. Every prog drummer does. Guy is a f’n monster. And even he ain’t the best. Elvin Jones and Tony Williams are the real bosses.

Ridiculous chops here. First 30 seconds are like a master class.

Pert always sounded a bit soulless to me. Like, ok…you’re good at odd time signatures and sub divisions…so what? Math is for nerds.

Quoted from Av8:

RUSH was my first concert in 1986. Witnessed them 2 more times. Best Live show I ever saw. God I hope its as good as the band.
2. Lyman on code.
5. Have FLOW and avoid what happened to Aerosmith, Kiss and LZ. All cheap looking, boring pins I would never own(even though I love the music).

#23765 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

2. Lyman on code.

I'd take Stern any day. GNR is a cool machine but it's not a great game. Stern makes good games.

#23766 2 years ago

Last time ❤️ Would make a perfect backglass image.

FB_IMG_1639542493352 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1639542493352 (resized).jpg

#23767 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I'd take Stern any day. GNR is a cool machine but it's not a great game. Stern makes good games.

Wisely spoken! GNR is similar to a slow dog moving sideways when shooting it, with no real mechs in the game and not much but blinding lights. After hearing the same songs played the 50th time, with MB after MB, you’ve had enough and send it out the door even at a loss, because other than the CE, they all are selling for a loss now, because people finally realize its all smoke and mirrors with no substance. Bring on Rush and show us what a real band can do, that is not cover song after cover song, like GNR.

#23768 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Wisely spoken! GNR is similar to a slow dog moving sideways when shooting it, with no real mechs in the game and not much but blinding lights. After hearing the same songs played the 50th time, with MB after MB, you’ve had enough and send it out the door even at a loss, because other than the CE, they all are selling for a loss now, because people finally realize its all smoke and mirrors with no substance. Bring on Rush and show us what a real band can do, that is not cover song after cover song, like GNR.

Lol…..
I’m a GnR fan so I have to keep my LE in my line up regardless. It’s beautiful but it’s underwhelming to shoot
The bit that’s annoying, the team at JJP took these home for like, 6 months to play…prior to release
Then didn’t fix the irritating ball hops, ball hang ups etc….. what were they doing, Egyptian pinball Lol…..

#23769 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Would love to see a new Indiana Jones game.. maybe in 2023 with the new film?
[quoted image]

What new film? There hasn't been an Indy film since 1989.

#23770 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lol…..
I’m a GnR fan so I have to keep my LE in my line up regardless. It’s beautiful but it’s underwhelming to shoot
The bit that’s annoying, the team at JJP took these home for like, 6 months to play…prior to release
Then didn’t fix the irritating ball hops, ball hang ups etc….. what were they doing, Egyptian pinball Lol…..

GNR is a great band and pinball theme.i just wish the game was better. Never get sick of Guns.

#23771 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Saw them about 25 times (missing a few stubs) Every tour since Grace Under Pressure. Met them briefly outside of their hotel in NYC after a Power Windows Show at the Meadowlands. Was in college and someone’s mom in the music industry told him that they are staying at a certain hotel and the limos will be Odyssey 1 and 2. We head over after the show and sit on my car for what seemed to be about an hour. Low and behold a limo pulls up …Neil gets out and walks right by us and into the hotel. We were in shock and he didn’t look like he wanted to be interrupted (can’t blame him).
Next limo pulls up right after and Alex and Geddy get out and were very friendly and signed our tickets. Alex was a little lit and very funny (he has some big meaty hands) ..had a nice brief conversation with him and told him we had front row at the next show at Nassau coliseum.
Great memories…but my favorite was when my 10 year old daughter came to see them on Clockwork Angels and she followed up with R40.
[quoted image]

You deserve a chance at an LE.

#23772 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

you don’t have to will it. It’ll be shipping in a few weeks. Cat was definitely out of the bag after a Stern employee accidentally posted a pic where the cab was visible

I guess I missed this. Where did you see the pic showing the pin? Can you point me to it? Very exciting!

#23773 2 years ago

Here is the supposed image....

RUSH (resized).jpgRUSH (resized).jpg

assuming this is true and the reveal looks good, I will be getting a Premium. Been a Rush fan since around 12 yo.

#23774 2 years ago

What do I think would be a power play for Stern.

PHISH . The fan base is huge if you can get the members on board. That would be huge and I mean huge. Every Brewpub west of the rockies would have one. LE's would sell out once the rumors leak.. Even if the game sucked it would sell out. WHICH is WRONG.

I know a lot of Phish-heads and every time one of ask me two questions. Is there a Greatful Dead pin or Phish pin.

Dad-Rock . Please please let there never be a Muse, Marshmellow, Nickleback pinball please please and no Radiohead...
If there is a Mary Cary pin I'm done.

#23775 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You deserve a chance at an LE.

Thanks, I may have a line on one….we’ll see.
Crossing my fingers that Stern does them justice. Lots of opportunity. It’s good that Rush is a polarizing band in a sense…this way the non-fans can look for what comes after.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23776 2 years ago

We’ve already got the second corniest band on a pin no need to go with the ABSOLUTE corniest band of all time. I’d sooner tear the skin off my own face than to buy a PHISH pin for my location. The owner, staff and local pinheads would roll the f’n thing into oncoming traffic.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

What do I think would be a power play for Stern.
PHISH . The fan base is huge if you can get the members on board. That would be huge and I mean huge. Every Brewpub west of the rockies would have one. LE's would sell out once the rumors leak.. Even if the game sucked it would sell out. WHICH is WRONG.
I know a lot of Phish-heads and every time one of ask me two questions. Is there a Greatful Dead pin or Phish pin.
Dad-Rock . Please please let there never be a Muse, Marshmellow, Nickleback pinball please please and no Radiohead...
If there is a Mary Cary pin I'm done.

#23777 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We’ve already got the second corniest band on a pin no need to go with the ABSOLUTE corniest band of all time. I’d sooner tear the skin off my own face than to buy a PHISH pin for my location. The owner, staff and local pinheads would roll the f’n thing into oncoming traffic.

what's the 2nd corniest band pin?

#23778 2 years ago
Quoted from StoneyCreek:

what's the 2nd corniest band pin?

i would think KISS

#23779 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Neil Pert wishes he was Billy Cobham. Every prog drummer does. Guy is a f’n monster. And even he ain’t the best. Elvin Jones and Tony Williams are the real bosses.

Ridiculous chops here. First 30 seconds are like a master class.

Pert always sounded a bit soulless to me. Like, ok…you’re good at odd time signatures and sub divisions…so what? Math is for nerds.

this guy aint a pimple on perts ass. and honestly you don't have a clue about drummers.

#23780 2 years ago

Lol, you obviously don’t know squat about drumming. You wanna listen to the Canadian white guy in a kufi hat play in 12/8 or the guys that invented the shit? Pert is a student, these cats are the teachers. Pert is obviously a terrific drummer but he is far from the best. That’s not an opinion. I’ve posted a screenshot of your comment in a drummers forum I’m part of and they are laughing your ass out of the room fyi

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

this guy aint a pimple on perts ass. and you don't have a clue

#23781 2 years ago

Hopefully they don’t do a Led Zeppelin for you RUSH fans.

#23782 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

LE's would sell out once the rumors leak.. Even if the game sucked it would sell out

This goes for every LE

#23783 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Lol, you obviously don’t know squat about drumming. You wanna listen to the Canadian white guy in a kufi hat play in 12/8 or the guys that invented the shit? Pert is a student, these cats are the teachers. Pert is obviously a terrific drummer but he is far from the best. That’s not an opinion.

never said he was the best, but easily top 5. i promise you pert was far more of a teacher than these guys you posted ever was. Much bigger fanbase. you think the 30,40, and 50 yr olds of today weren't influenced by him and tried to copy him, you're nuts.

#23784 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

If it plays as well as LZ does, I’ll be even more excited about it. LZ is a great game.

#23785 2 years ago

My point was that pert and many other prog /jazz drummers learned their chops from the guys above. That’s a fact. Top 5 drummer of all time? Nah. Top 5 prog / rock drummer, maybe. Top 5 Canadian prog drummer? Definitely

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

never said he was the best, but easily top 5. i promise you pert was far more of a teacher than these guys you posted ever was. Much bigger fanbase. you think the 30,40, and 50 yr olds of today weren't influenced by him and tried to copy him, you're nuts.

#23786 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Lol, you obviously don’t know squat about drumming. You wanna listen to the Canadian white guy in a kufi hat play in 12/8 or the guys that invented the shit? Pert is a student, these cats are the teachers. Pert is obviously a terrific drummer but he is far from the best. That’s not an opinion. I’ve posted a screenshot of your comment in a drummers forum I’m part of and they are laughing your ass out of the room fyi

Talking about musicians/artists in terms like “the best” is kind of missing the point and truly not quantifiable. I’m a professional musician and have played with top players my whole career. Music is so subjective. I’ve performed with insanely accomplished jazz musicians who clearly weren’t able to play rock songs with the right feel or execution/understanding. There is so much complexity that goes in to playing music and each style/idiom has different merits. That said, I agree with your initial point that Neil is not “the best drummer ever”. Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Vinnie Calautti, Terry Bozio, etc etc etc. There such a rich history of technically mind boggling drummers who also had great artistry. But, Neil is among the greats of all time simply because of what he accomplished in his own style in rock history. He created his own genre in a sense and his creativity was profound. At his peak in those Moving Pictures days he was pretty insane technically and in a zone. But, yeah, “best ever” is not really a thing. And if it were a thing, it most likely wouldn’t be Neil as great as he was.

#23787 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

don't be a hater.

#23788 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Talking about musicians/artists in terms like “the best” is kind of missing the point and truly not quantifiable. I’m a professional musician and have played with top players my whole career. Music is so subjective. I’ve performed with insanely accomplished jazz musicians who clearly weren’t able to play rock songs with the right feel or execution/understanding. There is so much complexity that goes in to playing music and each style/idiom has different merits. That said, I agree with your initial point that Neil is not “the best drummer ever”. Billy Cobham, Tony Williams, Vinnie Calautti, Terry Bozio, etc etc etc. There such a rich history of technically mind boggling drummers who also had great artistry. But, Neil is among the greats of all time simply because of what he accomplished in his own style in rock history. He created his own genre in a sense and his creativity was profound. At his peak in those Moving Pictures days he was pretty insane technically and in a zone. But, yeah, “best ever” is not really a thing. And if it were a thing, it most likely wouldn’t be Neil as great as he was.

Terry Bozio!

#23789 2 years ago

Indeed, my only input here would be that Pert did not create a genre but was in one of the only bands to become popular in the progressive rock genre in the US. There is a rich history of prog drummers and bands prior to RUSH, especially in Europe.

Quoted from BeeGee6533:

#23790 2 years ago

WGAS about who the best drummer is? What does that have to do with the next Stern machine discussion? Good lord, "best" is always subjective.

#23791 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Indeed, my only input here would be that Pert did not create a genre but was in one of the only bands to become popular in the progressive rock genre in the US. There is a rich history of prog drummers and bands prior to RUSH, especially in Europe.

I hear ya. You’re absolutely right about the prog band history. For whatever reason, I personally put RUSH in a different category than most Prog bands. Even though they were definitely influenced by bands like Yes and their arrangements were long form and featured all that time signature, metric complexity. There was such a pop element to what they did and I feel like Neil had a truly singular voice as a drummer that was unique. Especially when I look at their discography as a whole. I think “Tom Sawyer” as a radio hit is such a unique accomplishment. It’s a huge hit. It’s melodic and rocking yet has this insane drum performance complete with odd meter, etc. For me, Neil had a way of playing some intricate and impressive technical stuff while also moving me emotionally. To this day when I hear Tom Sawyer I get chills. When they come out of the bridge, play that main riff again while Neil plays fills all over it before going in to the last verse…It’s sooooo good and anthemic. It’s not just that it’s technical, it makes you feel something intense and awesome. I love me some Neil Peart.

#23792 2 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

WGAS about who the best drummer is? What does that have to do with the next Stern machine discussion? Good lord, "best" is always subjective.

Apologies for getting off track with next Stern pin. Since it’s rumored to be RUSH I’m assuming some RUSH music talk might fit in the context. Hopefully it’s a great pinball machine!

#23793 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies for getting off track with next Stern pin. Since it’s rumored to be RUSH I’m assuming some RUSH music talk might fit in the context. Hopefully it’s a great pinball machine!

I love the music talk, but changing someone's mind about the "best" at any instrument is akin to changing someone's mind about politics, etc.

#23794 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Rush is definitely next (any time now) and I agree - Rush is not a regular prog rock band.

Quoted from Capn12:

I love the music talk, but changing someone's mind about the "best" at any instrument is akin to changing someone's mind about politics, etc.

LOL. I'll take music (and pinball) over politics any day.

#23795 2 years ago

Neil Peart wasn't just an incredible drummer, he was a gifted lyricist too. His words on some songs are pure poetry and rival some of the best lyrics from early Springsteen. He's irreplaceable.

#23796 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

this guy aint a pimple on perts ass. and honestly you don't have a clue about drummers.

Correct!

#23797 2 years ago
Quoted from Inpw:

What new film? There hasn't been an Indy film since 1989.

Where have you been? Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2008, and they’re filming the new (untitled) one now.

#23798 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Oy… I just threw up in my mouth a little.

#23799 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

well said. Lyrics are critical. extra cred.

And if you can believe Wikipedia:
"Peart has been voted the greatest rock drummer by music fans, critics and fellow musicians, according to Drummerworld."

#23800 2 years ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Where have you been? Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2008, and they’re filming the new (untitled) one now.

You sir must be referring to some alternative dimension. The man was correct. There are only 3 Indy movie in the trilogy.
Also, watch out for things flying over your head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,881 posts in this topic. You are on page 476 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/476?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.