Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 937.
#23701 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I've never been able to understand why anyone who claims to be passionate about music could dislike Rush? Within Rush you have the best drummer in the world. You have one of the best bassist in the world and a phenomenal guitarist. All of there songs are either uplifting or deeply thought provoking, or both. The music that these 3 people create is top tier music for music enthusiasts. I understand people have different tastes in music and different genres appeal more to some than others. But if you appreciate music at all there is no way Rush can be denied as great music. You may enjoy something heavier. Something more country. Something more pop. But there is no denying Rush makes great music! Rush has a huge catalog of music and a huge following of avid fans. Rush absolutely deserve to be immortalized on a pinball machine.
Thanks for listening
Brandon

Agree but it's gotta be worthy of Rush.

#23702 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Wish I could be excited by a Music pin from Stern. Last couple been major disappointments.
Stern butchered: Heavy Metal, Primus, Led Zep, Aerosmith and Rolling stones
With exceptions of:
Iron Maiden and Metallica
Honorable efforts
ACDC and Beatles
How is Rush going to be any better. They are going to have to do some serious next level code and toys.
Sterns just not batting at 100% on these.
I love rush but after Led Zeppelin just not clamoring for more of the same.
Also a Vault release in 2022? Any guess - I'd Say MET or Tron

You forgot KISS in your post. love my Stern KISS LE, … to be honest this game is bolted in my home too

#23703 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I've never been able to understand why anyone who claims to be passionate about music could dislike Rush? Within Rush you have the best drummer in the world. You have one of the best bassist in the world and a phenomenal guitarist. All of there songs are either uplifting or deeply thought provoking, or both. The music that these 3 people create is top tier music for music enthusiasts. I understand people have different tastes in music and different genres appeal more to some than others. But if you appreciate music at all there is no way Rush can be denied as great music. You may enjoy something heavier. Something more country. Something more pop. But there is no denying Rush makes great music! Rush has a huge catalog of music and a huge following of avid fans. Rush absolutely deserve to be immortalized on a pinball machine.
Thanks for listening
Brandon

All correct but I'm a tad biased. Every rock musician and school of rock school is knee deep in Rush. Cult following is massive.

It better be GNR x 2 on design and code. Especially with pinflation.

I love GNR but I don't love GNR's pin. It's ok but if you take away the theme and awesome music it the game play doesn't excite me .

#23704 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

You forgot KISS in your post. love my Stern KISS LE, … to be honest this game is bolted in my home too

KISS would be honorable mention. That fricking game always takes me out in tournaments.

#23705 2 years ago

Let's hope this is a passion project by Geddy/Alex and not just a mail-it-in band pin. Although I'm an Iron Maiden fan, I'm so glad it doesn't have the band plastered all over the playfield (sorry Nicko).

#23706 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

OMG what happened to him/her?

I don't think he's that heavy anymore. I will say that having met him in person, I was surprised at how enormous his nose is. He's obviously very good at knowing his angles so it's not photographed in profile that much that I've ever seen.

#23707 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

In a world where these movie/TV series pins don’t exist…
1. Goonies
2. Big Trouble In Little China
3. Bladerunner
4. Mad Max
5. The Running Man
10. Men In Black
11. Kill Bill
13. The Good The Bad & The Ugly
14. Little Shop Of Horrors
17. Beetlejuice
18. The 5th Element
19. The Matrix
20. Conan
21. Evil Dead
22. Gremlins

Edited the list to make it even better

#23708 2 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Yes, I love my Kiss LE also........

Out of the rock pins I own from a pin shooter shot satisfaction perspective, listed in order of preference:-
- Metallica Prem
- IMDN Pro
- ACDC Prem
- Kiss LE
- GnR LE

This is not overall gameplay, just feel good factor shots.
GnR LE presentation wise is out of this world, unfortunately, as a shooter, I just don't feel it.

#23709 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes, I love my Kiss LE also........
Out of the rock pins I own from a pin shooter shot satisfaction perspective, listed in order of preference:-
- Metallica Prem
- IMDN Pro
- ACDC Prem
- Kiss LE
- GnR LE
This is not overall gameplay, just feel good factor shots.
GnR LE presentation wise is out of this world, unfortunately, as a shooter, I just don't feel it.

KISS Prem/LE is REALLY under-rated. Maybe because of the music? Dunno. It's a great shooting pin and you eventually submit to most of the music (although I still can't stand Deuce).

#23710 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

(although I still can't stand Deuce).

Oh come on. You know your man is working hard…

#23711 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Oh come on. You know your man is working hard…

Yeah, the lyrics drive me crazy because they make zero sense, but the fact that deuce is slang for dropping a turd is hard to get past.

#23712 2 years ago

Also a Vault release in 2022? Any guess - I'd Say MET or Tron
Bring Back Dirty Donny for something Cool..

Metallica (including its vault runs) ran from 2012-2018. I had a spring 2018 run.
A vault now seems like overkill and Stern seems to being getting along just fine without going back to the SAM well again.

#23713 2 years ago

Stern butchered: Heavy Metal, Primus, Led Zep, Aerosmith and Rolling stones

Nah, Aerosmith and Zep are good players. Hope herd is wrong on Rush so I can get one avoiding cash grab prices.

#23714 2 years ago

Zep Prem/LE is seriously under-rated. If Rush is comparable, I'm all in.

#23715 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Let's hope this is a passion project by Geddy/Alex and not just a mail-it-in band pin. Although I'm an Iron Maiden fan, I'm so glad it doesn't have the band plastered all over the playfield (sorry Nicko).

From what I have heard Geddy was involved.

#23716 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

It's not good. Prices reflect it. Music is good, but just not much there.

#23717 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I agree .It shoots so damn good .I’m not getting the “not much to do “ thing .It just Flows with shots and code .If pinball was automobiles LZ would be in the muscle car category .Does this makes sense ?

#23718 2 years ago

Yes, I’m a Led Zep music fan.
On release of the pin I scoffed and shat all over it.
I got the opportunity to play a premium at a festival.
Holy smokes, it was an amazing shooter.
Kinda wish I got an LE.

#23719 2 years ago

What's the best guess on the Rush reveal date? I wonder if it will have more or less songs than LZ.

#23720 2 years ago

I guess forrest gump could be a great theme. Lot of things to do like the run Forest vidéo mode

#23721 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Yes, I’m a Led Zep music fan.
On release of the pin I scoffed and shat all over it.
I got the opportunity to play a premium at a festival.
Holy smokes, it was an amazing shooter.
Kinda wish I got an LE.

I’m a huge fan! I love to get the led out Haha
Like you I crapped all over it after the reveal and gameplay videos. But the proof is in the pudding so I’m gonna have to track one down and shoot it.
I still think it’s a bit uninspired with that static dildo of a zeppelin in the corner, missed opportunity for a great physical ball lock IMO.

#23722 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

What's the best guess on the Rush reveal date? I wonder if it will have more or less songs than LZ.

I'm guessing teaser next week, and reveal right after Christmas.

#23723 2 years ago

How many Rush LEs do you think?

#23724 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

How many Rush LEs do you think?

I would think 1000.Does Stern ever go backwards with the number of LEs?

#23725 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm going with a week from today 21/12/2021.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#23726 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I'm guessing teaser next week, and reveal right after Christmas.

If you are a Rush fan you know that 2112 is coming up so my guess is still 12/21/21. Of course any day this month is also 12/21.

#23727 2 years ago

People just want games that makes them laugh .
They had American Pie on TV .
Look at the top 10 .
A lot of the new pins have no sense of humour .

IMG_20211214_234529 (resized).jpgIMG_20211214_234529 (resized).jpg
#23728 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Problem is, they already have orders for 2,000.

#23729 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

I’m a huge fan! I love to get the led out Haha
Like you I crapped all over it after the reveal and gameplay videos. But the proof is in the pudding so I’m gonna have to track one down and shoot it.
I still think it’s a bit uninspired with that static dildo of a zeppelin in the corner, missed opportunity for a great physical ball lock IMO.

Make sure you seek out a Premium or LE.

The Pro is terrible, as the 180 ramp for the third flipper has been removed and replaced with a dead-end stand-up target. Makes the third flipper kinda pointless. I understand you need to remove a few things to get the BOM cost lower on a Pro, but I would have removed the Zeppelin and the Icarus first wayyyy before losing that 180 ramp.

Here's to hoping that Rush follows the Borg formula of the Pro being pretty close to the Prem/LE gameplay-wise. I sooooo want one, but my wallet needs a bit of a break....

Later,
EV

#23730 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

Thanks for listening
Brandon

Why is it hard to understand? Music is art and art is subjective. I could just as easily say you should love my favorite band because I think they are great. I just don't understand why only old, classic rock gets to be a pin.

#23731 2 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Why is it hard to understand? Music is art and art is subjective. I could just as easily say you should love my favorite band because I think they are great. I just don't understand why only old, classic rock gets to be a pin.

I was listening to a podcast this weekend, I cant remember which one but they went over popular genres by age. Rock is way up there and really seems to cover most age groups.

I think it was Triple Drain.

The chart is interactive and will show breakdown by age group.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/253915/favorite-music-genres-in-the-us/
musicbyage (resized).JPGmusicbyage (resized).JPG

#23732 2 years ago

^ interesting chart, in that 3 of the 4 largest bars are "Classic Rock", "Rock-n-roll", and "Rock Music".

Not sure I could tell you what the difference between "Rock-n-roll" and "Rock Music" is though.....

Later,
EV

#23733 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

The Pro is terrible, as the 180 ramp for the third flipper has been removed and replaced with a dead-end stand-up target. Makes the third flipper kinda pointless. I understand you need to remove a few things to get the BOM cost lower on a Pro, but I would have removed the Zeppelin and the Icarus first wayyyy before losing that 180 ramp.
Here's to hoping that Rush follows the Borg formula of the Pro being pretty close to the Prem/LE gameplay-wise. I sooooo want one, but my wallet needs a bit of a break....
Later,
EV

I agree on this .That side ramp off the left orbit is an incredible rush. After you nail it the shot the ball just rolls across like a victory lap .EM frenzy is off the charts fun .I have not left code 1.02 because of this .

#23734 2 years ago

I know ,back to Rush .This is a hard one as far as what style of game it will be.This was not a big production act .The few times I’ve seen them it was just walk out and jam in front of a 97% male audience with Rush t-shirts on .With only 3 members ,Id imagine they will have they’re own areas of the playfield .I would love a drum set rising from the PF .Maybe the bass drum as a bash toy with everything else up and out of the way so you still have a path to all the shots .Bottom line is it will be interesting to see what’s in it .

#23735 2 years ago

I would think the Rush game would have to have at least 1 washing machine toy somewhere on the playfield...

#23736 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I would think the Rush game would have to have at least 1 washing machine toy somewhere on the playfield...

My best guesses are a washing machine, a time machine and a big ass drum kit.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#23737 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yes…EHOH was 400 instead of 500.

#23738 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Later,
EV

Pro is great.

#23739 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I was listening to a podcast this weekend, I cant remember which one but they went over popular genres by age. Rock is way up there and really seems to cover most age groups.
I think it was Triple Drain.
The chart is interactive and will show breakdown by age group.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/253915/favorite-music-genres-in-the-us/
[quoted image]

I love how there is zero Hip Hop/Rap listening going on post 64yrs old lol.
Also, I always feel these polls lack some obvious options. The biggest one imo would be retro pop. I don't listen to modern pop but I'll throw some 80s pop on sometimes while I clean the house or play some pinball.

#23740 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

^
Not sure I could tell you what the difference between "Rock-n-roll" and "Rock Music" is though.....

Chuck Barry/Jerry Lee Lewis/Elvis etc.
vs
90s Alternative - Modern Rock

#23741 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I love how there is zero Hip Hop/Rap listening going on post 64yrs old lol.
Also, I always feel these polls lack some obvious options. The biggest one imo would be retro pop. I don't listen to modern pop but I'll throw some 80s pop on sometimes while I clean the house or play some pinball.

I think a hip hop pin would be great. Would open up the market to a whole new demographic. Every rapper and night club would have to have one. Not to mention all the Vanilla Ice wanna be’s…

#23742 2 years ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I think a hip hop pin would be great. Would open up the market to a whole new demographic. Every rapper and night club would have to have one. Not to mention all the Vanilla Ice wanna be’s…

That's a little optimistic... but... I think a group like Beastie Boys is mainstream enough and blurs the genre line enough to sell very well. Personally, I'd love it. I'd also love a "YO! MTV RAPS" compilation pin -- but that's way more niche for rap enthusiasts.

#23743 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know ,back to Rush .This is a hard one as far as what style of game it will be.This was not a big production act .The few times I’ve seen them it was just walk out and jam in front of a 97% male audience with Rush t-shirts on .With only 3 members ,Id imagine they will have they’re own areas of the playfield .I would love a drum set rising from the PF .Maybe the bass drum as a bash toy with everything else up and out of the way so you still have a path to all the shots .Bottom line is it will be interesting to see what’s in it .

It should contain no less than 25 cymbals and more pop bumpers than any game ever

#23744 2 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Yes…EHOH was 400 instead of 500.

I wouldn't include Batman66 or EHOH in that comparison since they aren't cornerstones and have unique pricing and BOM constraints. No pro, unlimited premiums, LE, SLE and a later unique run.

Batman66 had 240 LEs 80 SLEs and later the first 100 catwoman signature editions had an autographed trading card making them limited too. 320/420

EHOH had 400 LEs, 50 SLEs and now has the 40th anniversary edition coming with 199. 450/649

EHOH increased the total limited machines but had 30 fewer SLES.

#23745 2 years ago

Would love to see a new Indiana Jones game.. maybe in 2023 with the new film?

intro-1600807621 (resized).jpgintro-1600807621 (resized).jpg
#23746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

It should contain no less than 25 cymbals and more pop bumpers than any game ever

This would be pretty cool, a circle of pop numbers making different drum sounds with a shot straight through the middle to a large bass drum or gong cymbal.

#23747 2 years ago

If any Stern deserves a knocker, it's a drum-kit-inspired knocker on Rush. But for some reason Stern will throw just about every bell and whistle except the knocker into their LEs. They are alone among manufacturers on this. They really, really, really hate knockers.

#23748 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Would love to see a new Indiana Jones game.. maybe in 2023 with the new film?
[quoted image]

If it's to promote the new film, be careful what you wish for.

#23749 2 years ago

Still trying to will this into existence!! I won't believe until it's revealed.

My favorite album has always been Farwell to Kings

A pic of some of my RUSH tickets that I've managed to keep hold of. Seen them 6 times in total. Who else has tickets or memories to share?

20211213_101258 (resized).jpg20211213_101258 (resized).jpgRush-A-Farewell-to-Kings (resized).jpgRush-A-Farewell-to-Kings (resized).jpg
#23750 2 years ago

you don’t have to will it. It’ll be shipping in a few weeks. Cat was definitely out of the bag after a Stern employee accidentally posted a pic where the cab was visible

Quoted from swampshroom:

Still trying to will this into existence!! I won't believe until it's revealed.
My favorite album has always been Farwell to Kings
A pic of some of my RUSH tickets that I've managed to keep hold of. Seen them 6 times in total. Who else has tickets or memories to share?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,575 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 475 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/475?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.