Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 938.
#23601 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm still hoping for Culture Club
[quoted image]

511E642D-0397-46EE-A3CF-9241E77FE2DB (resized).jpeg511E642D-0397-46EE-A3CF-9241E77FE2DB (resized).jpeg
#23602 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

I’m still hoping for a Futurama pin. Ridiculous amounts of content that would be perfect for callouts.

Zapp Brannigan: You win again, gravity!

#23603 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Great idea! That would re purpose nicely as Nakatomi building. It’s not Christmas until you’ve seen Hans Gruber fall from Nakatomi Tower.

Machine codename : Jingle Bells.

#23604 2 years ago
D2E0B1FA-03C0-4C87-BC7A-AB65879AEA07 (resized).jpegD2E0B1FA-03C0-4C87-BC7A-AB65879AEA07 (resized).jpeg
#23605 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

All in on a Total Recall pin.
3 boob multiball would be epic!

Data East had the licence back in the day and built a couple prototypes along with prototype playfield art work and back glass but it was never put into production.

Total Recall and Running Man should have both had pins!

#23606 2 years ago

The best of the best!
The pinball gods!

B7D000F5-D6D8-4E56-ADA4-1586D26589B6 (resized).jpegB7D000F5-D6D8-4E56-ADA4-1586D26589B6 (resized).jpeg
#23607 2 years ago

^^^^^^ Well, I know which team id rather hang with for a night on the town for a few beers
Lol……

7AF95875-DFE5-423D-9378-81E44D646CB2 (resized).jpeg7AF95875-DFE5-423D-9378-81E44D646CB2 (resized).jpeg
#23608 2 years ago

The Running Man

Steroids make you def multi-ball

Captain Freedom wardrobe malfunction mini mode
lol…..

193122B2-32FB-489A-91A9-65630C06F85C (resized).jpeg193122B2-32FB-489A-91A9-65630C06F85C (resized).jpeg6CD82AEC-D0C2-40FE-B8D9-3241A188062D (resized).jpeg6CD82AEC-D0C2-40FE-B8D9-3241A188062D (resized).jpeg
#23609 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^^^^ Well, I know which team id rather hang with for a night on the town for a few beers
Lol……[quoted image]

Must be 330pm. Those boys are ready for the early bird special.

#23610 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The best of the best!
The pinball gods!
[quoted image]

Love to hang with those gentlemen. I would just sit and listen.

Quoted from Yokimato:

I’m still hoping for a Futurama pin. Ridiculous amounts of content that would be perfect for callouts.

This would be a good theme. Great show - surprised it never got done.

#23611 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

All in on a Total Recall pin.
3 boob multiball would be epic!

#23612 2 years ago

ABBA would be amazing.

I'm all about pinball quirk so my dream themes are pretty random:
Antiques Roadshow
Great British Bake Off
Price is Right
Deadwood
Snowpiercer
Star Trek Lower Decks or Disco
Stardew Valley, Celeste, Spelunky, Hades, Outer Wilds, Yoku's Island, Overcooked, FTL, Cuphead or some other sort of collaboration with a popular indie video game dev. There is so much good art and music being made by individuals and small teams (that have sold millions of games) that could bring a ton of new awesome stuff to pinball.

#23613 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The best of the best!
The pinball gods!
[quoted image]

Dream Team

#23614 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribs:

ABBA would be amazing.
Antiques Roadshow
Great British Bake Off
Price is Right
Deadwood
Snowpiercer
Stardew Valley, Celeste, Spelunky, Hades, Outer Wilds, Yoku's Island, Overcooked, FTL, Cuphead or some other sort of collaboration with a popular indie video game dev. There is so much good art and music being made by individuals and small teams (that have sold millions of games) that could bring a ton of new awesome stuff to pinball.

You could probably re-theme CC into deadwood, lots of similarities- Swearengen could be Bart, etc. It would have to have adult humor. And of course cocksucker multi-ball

#23615 2 years ago

I want a Christmas Pin......"ELF" With Will Ferril.

elf-icegif (resized).pngelf-icegif (resized).png
#23616 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I want a Christmas Pin......"ELF" With Will Ferril.
[quoted image]

Home Alone always seemed like a missed opportunity for a Christmas pin, have the booby traps incorporated into the game as mechs and modes.

#23617 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Home Alone always seemed like a missed opportunity for a Christmas pin, have the booby traps incorporated into the game as mechs and modes.

Home alone has always been in my top 10 Christmas movies. Elf though just makes me laugh every year. Either would be great I just wish I had a Christmas pin, I mean who doesn’t love Christmas.

#23618 2 years ago
Quoted from Ribs:

ABBA would be amazing.
Antiques Roadshow
Great British Bake Off
Price is Right
Deadwood
Snowpiercer

I like what you're thinking! Antiques Roadshow could have been realistic if it hadn't been peaking as pinball was falling apart. It would be at least as good as Ripleys or RCT.

Stardew I could see happening if they're brave about the theme, the assets are already done, it could integrate well with the new insider profiles for a story mode you save progress on. It's wildly popular and would be a nice breather from superhero dino rockstar themes

#23619 2 years ago

It's a Wonderful Life!!!!

#23620 2 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

In 473 pages of this damn thread, this is the safest and most practical choice. The license has gotta be in the discount bin by now. Sign me up!

#23621 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

In 473 pages of this damn thread, this is the safest and most practical choice. The license has gotta be in the discount bin by now. Sign me up!

Would make a great pin and hiring one person would get you half the voices.

But now it's owned by the Rat.

#23622 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

But now it's owned by the R

Disney?

#23623 2 years ago

Deadwood please!!!!

#23624 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As was Avengers and Mandalorian. Stern and Disney do business together. Make Futurama happen

#23626 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Stern's new President came over from Disney.

#23627 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

Stern's new President came over from Disney.

...So he knows all about the crazy licensing fees they would charge!!!! LOL. But seriously, that might make him more aware of the less obvious do's and don'ts when licensing from Disney, to keep costs down to a minimum. It might be like a ala carte menu. every branded item costs!

#23628 2 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

...So he knows all about the crazy licensing fees they would charge!!!! LOL. But seriously, that might make him more aware of the less obvious do's and don'ts when licensing from Disney, to keep costs down to a minimum. It might be like a ala carte menu. every branded item costs!

I mean, Mandalorian came out like six months ago. Seems that working with Disney isn't quite the barrier some are thinking it is.

#23629 2 years ago

I’d like to know as well!

#23630 2 years ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I’d like to know as well!

I’m guessing this is close...

CDE49712-D173-4F76-B8B0-5D61E0C3E3AF (resized).pngCDE49712-D173-4F76-B8B0-5D61E0C3E3AF (resized).png
#23631 2 years ago

How many years until a Pokémon pin demand?

#23632 2 years ago

How about a “Man in Black” pin ? This legend deserves a pin !

1BF415E1-3918-4D86-872D-07491D283716 (resized).jpeg1BF415E1-3918-4D86-872D-07491D283716 (resized).jpeg
#23633 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I’m guessing this is close...
[quoted image]

Thank you! Now I understand!

#23634 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

How about a “Man in Black” pin ? This legend deserves a pin !
[quoted image]

I loathe New Country, but the classics would make a great theme.

Modes could include hurry-ups to prevent wife leaving, dog dying, pickup breaking down...

#23635 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Modes could include hurry-ups to prevent wife leaving, dog dying, pickup breaking down...

Or hurry up, wife leave!

#23636 2 years ago

I hate most new country myself but do yourself a favor and listen to the modern guys who still do it right like Lord Huron or Robbie Fulks. Sign me up for a Johnny Cash pin though.

#23637 2 years ago

Foo Fighters is a mistake, audience is too limited (even though I like the band). Now make a grunge themed machine and include Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots and you'd have Gen-X folks working up a froth to buy one.

#23638 2 years ago

Agreed, I’d go for that.

I watched a video of an Asian singer that was a contest in the late 70’s. He sang a sappy country western song with a slow tempo. I think he won too, but afterwards he was interviewed and had an interpreter with him. He didn’t speak any English and didn’t know what any of any of the words meant that he sang. They weren’t words to him but sounds to imitate like a parrot does.

#23639 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Or hurry up, wife leave!

Lmao

#23640 2 years ago

As an operator of an all ages pinball spot I am frothing at the mouth for a Pokémon pin. I could prob retire on the coin drop. High possibility it never gets made though.

Quoted from Quiksilva86:

How many years until a Pokémon pin demand?

#23641 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyBallerton:

Foo Fighters is a mistake, audience is too limited (even though I like the band). Now make a grunge themed machine and include Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots and you'd have Gen-X folks working up a froth to buy one.

now playing: Pearl Smashing Pumpking Pilots

#23642 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator of an all ages pinball spot I am frothing at the mouth for a Pokémon pin. I could prob retire on the coin drop. High possibility it never gets made though.

Probably decent for an operator in the right place but I suspect very few 40 and 50 year old guys would ever look at it.

#23643 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Probably decent for an operator in the right place but I suspect very few 40 and 50 year old guys would ever look at it.

It depends on the game itself. We can speculate all day long on playability of any game.
I personally love the idea of having a “Goonies” pinball machine! I would probably put down the deposit for any model available. The problem with that is I truly don’t know how it would play.
I’ve never really played a Pokémon game. My kids all play all the time, if I were watching them play a Pokémon pin I would probably throw a loonie or three to play it.
I know I wouldn’t buy it until I have played it though.

#23644 2 years ago

Bologna, if you will only play certain pins because you personally think the theme is cool, well…you’re going to miss out on a lot of awesome games.

Quoted from kool1:

#23645 2 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

Deadwood please!!!!

Finally a machine with more swearing than The Sopranos

#23646 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

Finally a machine with more swearing than The Sopranos

I have a suspicion that Stern will not be releasing adult content in their pins any longer… could be wrong, but it seems like their business model is very much PG now.

#23647 2 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#23648 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bologna, if you will only play certain pins because you personally think the theme is cool, well…you’re going to miss out on a lot of awesome games.

I didnt say the game wouldnt be good, I said 40 and 50 year old men won't buy the theme. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

#23649 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I didnt say the game wouldnt be good, I said 40 and 50 year old men won't buy the theme. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

That is the age group range of whom would buy a new BTTF.

#23650 2 years ago

Would Kapow work with other companies to get major titles out? Or are they strictly working with Stern as Joe and Gary are good friends?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 473 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/473?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.