IMG_2567 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8131 (resized).jpeg
20240308_135657.jpg
IMG_1602 (resized).jpeg
D&D (resized).jpg
260213d5-b8e5-468d-9762-eeace7ec42d7-large16x9_theboys (resized).jpg
DD07E6EC-DE18-4AF9-A58D-271B4EE2AAC5.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 917.
#2301 5 years ago

There are parts of the Whitewood that seem very Gomez like. Reminds me a bit of Avengers with some LOTR mixed in. But there are other parts that seem like Trudeau in a Robo war/TX sort of way. Wonder if parts of JT's original design were kept or maybe possibly this is a leaked pic from before Gomez took it over. The final game could be completely different from what we see in the picture.

#2302 5 years ago

The fact that it has art on it would make it seem likely that it's the original whitewood -- since ZY said he WAS working on [deadpool] and then got pulled off to work on IM, and is now getting back to it again with Gomez.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The fact that it has art on it would make it seem likely that it's the original whitewood -- since ZY said he WAS working on [deadpool] and then got pulled off to work on IM, and is now getting back to it again with Gomez.

May also be the reason Stern hasn't demanded that Pinside pull the pic down like they have for other leaked pics like GB in the past? If it we're the actual layout/art they would care more.

#2304 5 years ago

When is it rumored to be released?

#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

There are parts of the Whitewood that seem very Gomez like. Reminds me a bit of Avengers with some LOTR mixed in. But there are other parts that seem like Trudeau in a Robo war/TX sort of way. Wonder if parts of JT's original design were kept or maybe possibly this is a leaked pic from before Gomez took it over. The final game could be completely different from what we see in the picture.

That was my thought also. I posted it kind of to see if it would get pulled. Since it was not pulled, that makes me think it is old design. This does seem very much a mix with john t features.

I like seeing two spinners but pf looks sparse with no depth of shot. The sweeping obrit ramp thing looks fun and the mech over the shooter lane looks cool also.

#2306 5 years ago

Deadpool is supposed to be the next release June/July

#2307 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That was my thought also. I posted it kind of to see if it would get pulled. Since it was not pulled, that makes me think it is old design. This does seem very much a mix with john t features.
I like seeing two spinners but pf looks sparse with no depth of shot. The sweeping obrit ramp thing looks fun and the mech over the shooter lane looks cool also.

I feel like pop ups baddies would be cool in that sparse middle area.

Like MM or XM

#2308 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I feel like pop ups baddies would be cool in that sparse middle area.
Like MM or XM

More like MM, less like Ghostbusters. If you're doing a pop-up, make it a molded target and not a simple drop target. And two up max. No Hobbit pop-up garden of middle-earthly frustration.

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Es Gomez. Lord of the Rings fue el último diseño impresionante que hizo, y eso fue hace 15 años. Sopranos, Batman, Transformers , Avengers y Batman'66 son todos malos a los pobres diseños. El software está salvando a BM '66 (¡finalmente!), Pero el juego se dispara. Ha tenido más errores de diseño que hits, incluso en los días de Williams / Bally. Como siempre, esperando que la rutina de diseño se rompa con la siguiente, pero el juicio se reserva hasta la entrega.

I would have liked it to be borg

#2310 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I would have liked it to be borg

Meh. I'm fine with Borg on Munsters as long as it's an actually NEW design. I like his design work overall much better than Gomez, but these copied and mirrored layouts from him the last 10 years or so are tired.

#2311 5 years ago

Still hoping for Beatles one day...

#2312 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Still hoping for Beatles one day...

Supposedly still coming, but that is one pin I definitely could not care less about. Just don't see the pintential. At all.

#2313 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. I'm fine with Borg on Munsters as long as it's an actually NEW design. I like his design work overall much better than Gomez, but these copied and mirrored layouts from him the last 10 years or so are tired.

The Munsters has so much potential.
Borg with Sheets would be a home run. Definitely needs a unique design that fits the theme and characters.

#2314 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Heya Hilton

First of all, when I heard about that fake FB page I felt for you.
What a shitty act.

Getting on topic: would that have been John's first design with standard gap then?

#2315 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supuestamente sigue llegando, pero ese es un pin del que definitivamente no podría importarme menos. Simplemente no veo lo importante. En absoluto.

I agree with you ... haha

#2316 5 years ago

Grease!

T-Bird shot
Pink Lady shot
Greased Lightning multiball, race at Thunder Road
Dance-Off multiball
Summer lovin'
Stranded at the drive'in
Hopelessly Devoted
Graduation wizard mode

the music, the music, the music!!!

#2317 5 years ago

News Flash

ED5ACA50-2B6E-4F45-AE98-CDD604014D0D.jpegED5ACA50-2B6E-4F45-AE98-CDD604014D0D.jpeg

#2318 5 years ago

Since they are doing ST and AC/DC maybe they will do more IMVE too?

#2319 5 years ago

Anybody remember if it took a year or so for distributors to sell their STLE supply? Mostly because of the big run size afaik.

#2321 5 years ago

Bleh, a DMD dinosaur

I dig ST but we’re in a new era of LCD displays, awesome art, new programmers & new designers.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Bleh, a DMD dinosaur
I dig ST but we’re in a new era of LCD displays, awesome art, new programmers & new designers.

So Stern should just leave the assembly line idle? Not a very good business decision...

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So Stern should just leave the assembly line idle? Not a very good business decision...

They can barely cope with demand. Not about to leave the assembly line idle but to clear unwanted parts in their warehouse

#2324 5 years ago

Slayer. (don't believe me - I'll take ya to see em live and hoist you up the surf pit just like I did about 200 people last yr and you'll insist the next show you just booked will be on you. It's spelled F-U-N). It's their last tour - get it rollin'! Jaws - it would be a huge seller and unreal potential. Spelled the same. Black Sabbath/Ozzy - "What is this that stands before me"? A new BSLE? Spelled the same in my book -er, Diary - but in a maddengly eerie font. Tell me I'm not dreamin' and br-rang em on!

#2325 5 years ago

While we are at "Vault", I'd like the next Vault to be Transformers, still with DMD and such, but 80s cartoon art.
I think Transformers is fun, but the Robots kinda look like a mess.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2326 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

While we are at "Vault", I'd like the next Vault to be Transformers, still with DMD and such, but 80s cartoon art.

Hey at least when they leave features off like the shitty "upper PF" we wont complain

#2327 5 years ago

Rarehero

They’re talking about Transformers

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hell yeah! 80's cartoon style and voices!!!
but we need some places to put our vintage g1 bots!!!

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

Hell yeah! 80's cartoon style and voices!!!

Should be easy. We'll just round up Nimoy, Scatman, Robert Stack & Orsen Welles and record some VOs.

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Should be easy. We'll just round up Nimoy, Scatman, Robert Stack & Orsen Welles and record some VOs.

Those are mainly from the movie.

Cullen and Welker still alive and active.

#2331 5 years ago

Elton John Pinball

#2332 5 years ago

How about an Incredibles pin? Disney would be a pain to work with but could be very cool.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Elton John Pinball

The glitter and feathers would make a mess.

Quoted from Budman:

How about an Incredibles pin? Disney would be a pain to work with but could be very cool.

Stern has already done Pirates with Disney, Star Wars is Disney, and most of the Marvel stuff is now Disney too, so no problem there. I would like to see an Incredibles pin, but I'm not sure there's enough of a following.

3 weeks later
#2334 5 years ago

Iron Maiden made a big splash for Stern.

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Iron Maiden made a big splash for Stern.

Hell yes it did and its still making a big splash. I dont think sales are slowing down any at all yet.

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Hell yes it did and its still making a big splash. I dont think sales are slowing down any at all yet.

Good news. Hopefully they stay strong and on point. I am really happy with my Maiden!

4 weeks later
#2337 5 years ago

#2338 5 years ago

Nowish: Deadpool
Fall/ Winter 2018: Munsters
January: Beatles
Late Spring/ Summer 2019: Godzilla?!

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Nowish: Deadpool
Fall/ Winter 2018: Munsters
January: Beatles

When does Steve Ritchie's unlicensed theme and Brian Eddy's (licensed?) theme games work into the picture with Elvira on the horizon as well in 2019?

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Late Spring/ Summer 2019: Godzilla?!

Just acquired the license, so unless a whitewood already exists waiting for a theme, I can't see this being a 2019 game.

#2341 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Just acquired the license, so unless a whitewood already exists waiting for a theme, I can't see this being a 2019 game.

Since I learned from the Kaminkow Interview that they were used to make an top tier games like Back to the Future in 6 Weeks from top to bottom I see no problem in having that game shipping tomorrow.

Joking obviously, but of course the game would do better releasing together with the new movie (in May 2019).

And yeah I kinda forgot Steve Ritchie, Brian Eddy and Elvira (wich doesn't seem to be high in importance for Stern), but who knows what Brian Eddy is working on, so... It's possible. I remember Homecomputer days when licensed games were allready fully done when they still had to get that license. Would also explain the "bidding war", if the game is allready in the making and they're afraid to not get the license.

Pure speculation of course.

#2342 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since I learned from the Kaminkow Interview that they were used to make an top tier games like Back to the Future in 6 Weeks from top to bottom I see no problem in having that game shipping tomorrow.

Huh....my guess for Data East games would have been around 2 weeks.

#2343 5 years ago

What about the immortal Scooby-Doo? There’s plenty of material to work with and you gotta love the greatest sound byte of shaggy saying “oh jeez Scoob, let’s get back to the Mystery Van” that they could include. Lots of material..Scooby snacks, different mysteries to solve, etc.

2 weeks later
#2344 5 years ago

Deadpool is shipping and the Munsters is up next. Looking forward to what Borg and Dwight have in store for this game.

#2345 5 years ago

Expo too early to show?? Or will they have it like BatMan 66 showing , but unplayable?

#2346 5 years ago

Deadpool is shipping and the Munsters is up next. Looking forward to what Borg and Dwight have in store for this game.

Munsters or is it Godzilla?

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Munsters or is it Godzilla?

Munsters!! I don't expect Godzilla until 2020, if at all. Too many games in the pipe for 2019 already.

#2348 5 years ago

Munsters!! I don't expect Godzilla until 2020, if at all. Too many games in the pipe for 2019 already.

Too many RUMOURS in the pipe for 2019 already.

#2349 5 years ago

Post #41 from 2 yrs ago predicted....Dead pool!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine

Sorry for the circular thread reference..

#2350 5 years ago

I did see a Godzilla T-shirt in the Deadpool vid..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 24.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Long Beach, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
$ 7,299.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
There are 45,816 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 917.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.