Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 937.
#23401 2 years ago

Maybe this art for the Rush Pin (From the Rush Coloring book)

Neil drumming (resized).jpgNeil drumming (resized).jpgRush Colouring (resized).jpgRush Colouring (resized).jpg
#23402 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Next Stern pin reveal due 18 January 2022
Stern delivered slightly ahead of predicted (1 week early!) with Godzilla being revealed 14 September instead of the predicted 23 September based off of prior releases.
Math below.
Aerosmith 1/4/2017 (128 days after BM66)
Star Wars 5/31/2017 (147 days after Aerosmith)
Guardians of the Galaxy 11/2/2017 (156 days after Star Wars)
Iron Maiden 3/25/2018 (144 days after Guardians of the Galaxy)
Dead Pool 8/3/2018 (131 days after Iron Maiden)
Munsters 1/12/2019 (203 days after Deadpool)
Black Knight SOR 3/25/2019 (72 days after Munsters)
Jurassic Park 7/26/2019 (122 days after BK SOR)
Stranger Things: 12/23/2019 (150 days after Jurassic Park)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 5/27/2020 (155 days after Stranger Things)
Avengers Infinity War: 9/2/2020 (98 Days after Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Led Zeppelin: 12/15/2020 (104 days after AIQ)
The Mandalorian: 5/11/2021 (147 days after Led Zeppelin)
Godzilla: 9/14/2021 (126 days after The Mandalorian)
The average time between cornerstone releases is now 134 days.
Next Stern Pin is due on or about 18 January, 2022
*Note that only “cornerstone” games with a Pro/Premium/LE pricing model are included for the purpose of this exercise.

Monthly reminder that based on the timing of previous releases the next Stern Pin will be reveal is due 18 January 2022. Math and logic quoted above. As an aside, not based off of how long between releases, Stern has announced new pins in the 2 weeks before Christmas the past 2 years.

#23403 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I just watched the Rush Documentary on Netflix. I was pretty surprised at how silly, and almost goofy, Alex and Geddy were in real life. They seem like very normal guys.

Beyond the Lighted Stage is one of the best music documentaries I've ever seen. Excellent commentary by many other actors & musicians, and of course the band themselves. I've shown it to family/friends who just don't understand Rush or why I love them, and it's really helped them appreciate the band -- even if they're still not fans of Geddy's voice.

100% recommended for anyone who appreciates music and is willing/interested to learn a little more about Rush.

#23404 2 years ago

Definitely interested in RUSH if it is indeed the next in line. For me, rock pins have an almost infinite replay value and are keepers.

#23405 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I just watched the Rush Documentary on Netflix. I was pretty surprised at how silly, and almost goofy, Alex and Geddy were in real life. They seem like very normal guys.

They do worry about going bald!

#23406 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I bumped into Geddy once at a sub shop when I was a teenager. Sadly I had nothing to sign (pre-Smartphone) but he was super nice..

High school buds forever that lived the dream - they should have a good sense of humor

#23407 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They do worry about going bald!

473f3e661e7164ec9b7c5407370423d5 (resized).png473f3e661e7164ec9b7c5407370423d5 (resized).png

Quoted from kool1:

I bumped into Geddy once at a sub shop when I was a teenager. Sadly I had nothing to sign (pre-Smartphone) but he was super nice..

That's amazing!

#23408 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yes. They're Canadian.

#23409 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yes. They're Canadian.

Some footage from the early days of Geddy and Alex...

giphy (1).gifgiphy (1).gif
#23410 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Some footage from the early days of Geddy and Alex...[quoted image]

Meh. RUSH is not these guys

#23411 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Beyond the Lighted Stage is one of the best music documentaries I've ever seen. Excellent commentary by many other actors & musicians, and of course the band themselves. I've shown it to family/friends who just don't understand Rush or why I love them, and it's really helped them appreciate the band -- even if they're still not fans of Geddy's voice.
100% recommended for anyone who appreciates music and is willing/interested to learn a little more about Rush.

I wasn't aware this documentary was out there. Thanks for suggesting it! Very interesting.

#23412 2 years ago

Time machine... makes me think about another title, can't seem to remember which one. I guess this is erased from existense but hey, that's my density.

#23413 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211129-003644_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-003644_Instagram (resized).jpg
#23414 2 years ago

Just watched the Sonic movie with the kids and it’s was surprisingly good. Did well at the box office too with a sequel coming next April, wouldn’t mind seeing a Sonic pin and I know my kids would love it, easy earner on location surely?

#23415 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just watched the Sonic movie with the kids and it’s was surprisingly good. Did well at the box office too with a sequel coming next April, wouldn’t mind seeing a Sonic pin and I know my kids would love it, easy earner on location surely?

home brew has already been done !

#23416 2 years ago

Super cool homebrew, would not be surprised if this were picked up by a manufacturer in the future or if Ryan was hired as designer. Check it out!

Quoted from J85M:

#23417 2 years ago

I have been watching the homebrew, is it being produced by anyone like AP?

Wouldn’t mind a sonic pin that’s purchasable and if the sonic 2 movie is good and makes bank it’s more likely.

#23418 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Nothing has been announced as far as I can tell. But AP has expressed an interest in doing more projects like Legends of Valhalla so Sonic Spinball produced by AP seems very possible. In addition, the creator has expressed interest in getting the machine produced.

I highly recommend checking out his thread and videos, it's really nice to see Sonic in a pinball machine like Sega should have done like 20-25 years ago.

#23419 2 years ago

Sonic would have been a far better game for AP to put out than LOV at this point in their business. Great game, uber popular license that would bring a HEAP of attention to the company and the game just needs art. (AP should have also completely redesigned the art package on LOV. The game still looks like a home brew)

Quoted from shaub:

Nothing has been announced as far as I can tell. But AP has expressed an interest in doing more projects like Legends of Valhalla so Sonic Spinball produced by AP seems very possible. In addition, the creator has expressed interest in getting the machine produced.
I highly recommend checking out his thread and videos, it's really nice to see Sonic in a pinball machine like Sega should have done like 20-25 years ago.

#23420 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn’t mind a sonic pin that’s purchasable and if the sonic 2 movie is good and makes bank it’s more likely.

I've been following the Sonic Spinball project. I can see the designer and possibly design being contracted by someone but I've always felt that because Sonic is Sega, Stern would likely be the only company able to work out a copyright deal. Gary and Sega seem to still have a working relationship to some extent.

#23421 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sonic would have been a far better game for AP to put out than LOV at this point in their business. Great game, uber popular license that would bring a HEAP of attention to the company and the game just needs art. (AP should have also completely redesigned the art package on LOV. The game still looks like a home brew)

Agree but AP likely went with LOV as there is zero licensing involved. Sonic albeit the much better choice would have required licensing take with SEGA.

#23422 2 years ago

Would have been money well spent is my whole point. They could sell thousands of Sonic to hundreds of Valhalla.

Quoted from J85M:

Agree but AP likely went with LOV as there is zero licensing involved. Sonic albeit the much better choice would have required licensing take with SEGA.

#23423 2 years ago

You wanted Rush? Stern may give you more. How much more? Rushmore!

918CDE8D-AB3A-423A-B24C-BB948DC043D4.jpeg918CDE8D-AB3A-423A-B24C-BB948DC043D4.jpeg
#23424 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Would have been money well spent is my whole point. They could sell thousands of Sonic to hundreds of Valhalla.

Depends on how much Sega would demand to license it and want to be involved with a pinball machine.

#23425 2 years ago

I saw buzz on a reddit thread today that the next pin after Rush is Venom. Grain of salt as always this early in the game but they indicated it would be a Brian Eddy game.

#23426 2 years ago

Sega is pretty reasonable with its IPs

Quoted from manadams:

Depends on how much Sega would demand to license it and want to be involved with a pinball machine.

#23427 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Problem is I'm not sure AP can build thousands.

#23428 2 years ago

Well…someone should make the damn game. I don’t care who hahaha. BUT AP needs a good license to expand their business and take it to the next level, that’s for sure.

Quoted from onemilemore:

#23429 2 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Also, I'm sorry but they have not earned a proper customer base yet. I've yet to enjoy anything they have built so I'd be out on even a dream theme until I played it and it unexpectedly blew my mind. AP games have yet to be enjoyable enough for me to drop my coins on let alone owning one.

#23430 2 years ago

They are well built and they are capable. Houdini and Hot Wheels are both great. Have also had fun on Oktoberfest. It’s their themes that suck, not the games themselves imo.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Also, I'm sorry but they have not earned a proper customer base yet. I've yet to enjoy anything they have built so I'd be out on even a dream theme until I played it and it unexpectedly blew my mind. AP games have yet to be enjoyable enough for me to drop my coins on let alone owning one.

#23431 2 years ago

Speak of the devil, live stream of Sonic Spinball happening right now…

https://m.twitch.tv/backhandpinball

#23432 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Gary and Sega seem to still have a working relationship to some extent.

How so? Has Stern licensed any Sega properties? Or are you just talking about Stern's history of being Sega owned?

#23433 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Well…someone should make the damn game. I don’t care who hahaha. BUT AP needs a good license to expand their business and take it to the next level, that’s for sure.

Glad your on Pinside , because without your input , no games would ever be manufactured

#23434 2 years ago

What’s your problem exactly?

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Glad your on Pinside , because without your input , no games would ever be manufactured

#23435 2 years ago

Rush then Venom. Rush is meh for me but Venom is yes plz.

#23436 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What’s your problem exactly?

You should start manufacturing games ... you seemingly have very clear insight to all things pinball .

#23437 2 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Yes Brian Allen

Byron Allen. It will have Weather Channel tie-ins.

#23438 2 years ago
Screenshot_20211129-003514_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-003514_Instagram (resized).jpg
#23439 2 years ago

The power of BTTF

#23440 2 years ago

Yes, I do. I work in the industry.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

You should start manufacturing games ... you seemingly have very clear insight to all things pinball .

#23441 2 years ago

Foo Fighters next Stern music pin after Rush according to Kaneda

#23442 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Foo Fighters next Stern music pin after Rush according to Kaneda

You must mean Kung Fu fighters

D7D7C98F-5848-47F0-AF20-1B2941E91523 (resized).jpegD7D7C98F-5848-47F0-AF20-1B2941E91523 (resized).jpeg
#23443 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You must mean Kung Fu fighters
[quoted image]

I like my name, but damn, I wish it was Dick Dragon

#23444 2 years ago

Foofighters...man I'm really surprised by this one. Is this anyone's favorite band? Just seem like a very average band.

#23445 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Foofighters...man I'm really surprised by this one. Is this anyone's favorite band? Just seem like a very average band.

I’m an 80s baby and Foo Fighters was always a decent band but not awesome. If they needed a 90s rock band, I would have went with maybe Offspring or maybe Pearl Jam. I would really like a hip hop pin…… Beastie Boys. A perfect group for pinball.

#23446 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Beastie Boys. A perfect group for pinball.

Kick it!

#23447 2 years ago

FWIW, they were just inducted in the Rock n Roll hall of fame this year.

#23448 2 years ago

you got to fight, for your right, to pin.......ball!

#23449 2 years ago

Is this anyone's favorite band? Just seem like a very average band.

WHAT!?

They've been selling out packed stadiums & arenas across the world for well over 20 years. They've had two albums reach #1, four songs reach #1, 18 songs reach top 10. And when it comes to airplay, they are setting RECORDS:

"Foo Fighters extend their record for the most leaders on Billboard‘s Rock & Alternative Airplay chart, as “Making a Fire” ignites from No. 3 to No. 1 on the survey dated Aug. 28.

In the Aug. 16-22 tracking period, “Fire” earned 5.6 million audience impressions, up 10%, according to MRC Data.

The Dave Grohl-led band boasts nine No. 1s on Rock & Alternative Airplay, which began in 2009. Cage the Elephant, Green Day and twenty one pilots are the next-closest acts on the all-time rulers list with six apiece."

==============================================

The 45-50+ crowd likes the hair bands. The 40-and-under like FF, Linkin Park, Korn, etc. I didn't know much Metallica, ACDC, et al growing up. I never really heard any GnR songs. I have no idea what Rush is. I've probably heard their music somewhere but I can't name a song of theirs.

It's about time something my age was made. My wife and I have been waiting for this! I hope more of the 40-and-under crowd is going as crazy as I am right now!

SUPER STOKED! I haven't been this stoked about a pin since Rick & Morty, which is another show for my generation, and we all know how well that sold!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

#23450 2 years ago

I like Foo Fighters, but it's never been a band I thought that needed a pinball. Would prefer to see something like Motley Crue or Black Sabbath

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,830 posts in this topic. You are on page 469 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/469?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.