enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 923.
#23151 2 years ago

PCB components are the hardest to source at the moment. All games use these. There will be no vaults and no where near enough new titles produced to meet the demand. Licenses will run out without being renewed causing newer titles to be low production and prices will continue to skyrocket. Sterns line will likely be made up of only brandy new titles for the foreseeable future.

Quoted from NC_Pin:

Uses different parts that aren’t backlogged

#23152 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I don't doubt Stern is putting in game specific parts orders 200 to 500 units at a time. They have to constantly rotate the production games being built to satisfy older orders. I expect to see Star Wars and Batman drop off the production list soon, most likely after their next run of these.
[quoted image]

I keep hearing no Zep, Maiden, and a third title next year but looking for a confirm.

#23153 2 years ago

In another thread a poster claimed he had seen an email from his distributor about two weeks ago with the 2022 build schedule that says Elvira is discontinued after the 40th run along with IM,LZ,ST, and SW.

A bit surprising if true given the backlog of orders for Elvira but maybe we just aren’t going to see reruns of titles that much going forward.

#23154 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

How can you blame distributors for Stern not giving them games to give to their customers ?

I'm only commenting on distributors who have not fulfilled day one orders.
If day oners have not gotten their games that sounds like their distributor has given preferential treatment somewhere else. No day one order should be waiting still. Enough units went out to fill initial orders.

#23155 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Sorry to disagree but GNR is in the top 10 , Led Zeppelin isn't even in the top 50 .

I have a few games I've rated that I don't enjoy but because of the art and lighting section, had a higher score than I would give them. I think TMNT has an amazing art package but I don't want one. I think GNR is beautiful and rated that section accordingly. Gameplay.........Zzzzzzz

#23156 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm only commenting on distributors who have not fulfilled day one orders.
If day oners have not gotten their games that sounds like their distributor has given preferential treatment somewhere else. No day one order should be waiting still. Enough units went out to fill initial orders.

I ordered in the first 30 minutes, and I'm still waiting. My distributor is reputable. I still think I'm going to get one in the next couple weeks, but it's far from for sure. I haven't received notice to pay remainder yet.

#23157 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I don't think you will see Stern putting out any DMD, SAM or Spike1 games for a long time.
They just don't need to anymore and their lines are set up to mass produce games based on their most recent tech. Why take the time to change lines over and retrain assembly staff when they have a backlog going out the door?

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

PCB components are the hardest to source at the moment. All games use these. There will be no vaults and no where near enough new titles produced to meet the demand.

Quoted from Roostking:

What part of STERN DOESNT NEED TO VAULT A GAME. Lines are full now. Vaults were to fill in gaps. There are no gaps, thus no vaults. Let it go.

There is an imminent run of Iron Man VEs. Kinda sinks the no more vaults theory.

#23158 2 years ago

Want games quick? Put em on location and become Stern Army.

#23159 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210322-201143_Chrome (resized).jpg
#23160 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I have a few games I've rated that I don't enjoy but because of the art and lighting section, had a higher score than I would give them. I think TMNT has an amazing art package but I don't want one. I think GNR is beautiful and rated that section accordingly. Gameplay.........Zzzzzzz

Godzilla is #1...with a stupid score... and there not that may out there yet. ratings are dumb...

#23161 2 years ago

. Heard sterns crew hates building Elvira bc house is a pain. Maybe why they get rid of it or raise price a lot.

#23162 2 years ago

There's a new Predator movie next year. A Predator pinball would be a hit for sure.

#23163 2 years ago

Hope youll enjoy it:

#23164 2 years ago

Saw a promo movie trailer for the new Matrix Resurrection and thought about the potential for pinball? Is it too dated? Is it worthy? Yesterday's news? Like woooooow says Keanu-It would make for a great theme or would it?

Matrix v.s. John Wick Worthy or not?

#23165 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Saw a promo movie trailer for the new Matrix Resurrection and thought about the potential for pinball? Is it too dated? Is it worthy? Yesterday's news? Like woooooow says Keanu-It would make for a great theme or would it?

I'd be all for a The Matrix pin, kind of surprises me no one ever did one. I'd be totally fine with it being off just the original trilogy.

#23166 2 years ago

I would be on the fence with Matrix-it would need to blow my socks off

I guess it would be better than the Muppets or Toy Story?

#23167 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'd be all for a The Matrix pin, kind of surprises me no one ever did one. I'd be totally fine with it being off just the original trilogy.

Dutch Pinball did...(although it's a remake from JM of course)

The-Matrix (resized).pngThe-Matrix (resized).png
#23168 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

The entire package... story, art and sound/music all lend themselves to pinball and at the time a straight up blockbuster with broad appeal across both typical pinball demographics and the general public. The high level design practically writes itself. I think most people with no interest in the theme themselves would agree.

The movie came out in '99 as the industry utterly imploded. The prime time to start designing it would have been while the 2nd and 3rd movies were in production in 2000-2003. If it had come out in '94 or '04 we would have seen at least one.

I just assume every designer who was active in the 90s till now rolled it around in their head enough that they have an elevator pitch if they ever get asked to do it, and I'm sure several dusted it off again when the impending 4th movie was announced.

Right up to the end of the 90s pins based on action and scifi movies were all over the place. DE and Sega were churning them out and B/W doing quite a few as well including Williams last gasp with the Episode 1 Pinball2K.

Stern 2.0 was finding it's way on smaller licenses and it wasn't clear yet they would survive, let alone handle a license that big. In 2003 the latter 2 movies came out. That same year Stern delivered 3 huge licenses in TSPP, LOTR and Terminator 3. They were clearly capable of it at that point, but with the more mixed reception of the later 2 films and no more on the horizon the prime window was closed.

The 4th movie 20 years later isn't a guaranteed pin with all the manufacturers unable to keep up with their current licenses and the uncertainty of how the movie will be received but it's surely being discussed if someone hasn't secured the license and started on it already.

#23169 2 years ago

"I know Kung Fu"
"Show me"

KUNG FU MULTIBALL!!

"Mopheus is fighting neo"
"Stop trying to hit me and hit me"

#23170 2 years ago

https://vocaroo.com/1j1byFeX9Vab (The Pinball Show Podcast)

Taken from a BTTF hype thread. It's coming! Elwin's BTTF August 2022!

FB_IMG_1635750119633 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635750119633 (resized).jpg

#23171 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image]

BTTF with Elwin in SLE would be amazing, no way I would be able to justify one.

#23172 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Shiiiiiit I hope that’s not real. No Super LE for me. I just want a pro to hold and to love.

#23173 2 years ago

I will be buying whatever the cheapest version is. Don't need all the extra bling.

#23174 2 years ago

I will be buying whatever the cheapest version is. Don't need all the extra bling.

sounds like that won't be a thing

#23175 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

sounds like that won't be a thing

Lol...well if it's got to be a premium, it's got to be a premium. SLE won't be the only version if that's what you mean.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23176 2 years ago

Lol...well if it's got to be a premium, it's got to be a premium. SLE won't be the only version if that's what you mean.

ah ok, yes, i thought only SLE. Elvira and B66 were both premium as lowest model, so that's same thing here?

#23177 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

ah ok, yes, i thought only SLE. Elvira and B66 were both premium as lowest model, so that's same thing here?

Presumably/ possibly...I am still hopeful for a Pro/Premium/ LE release. It just makes more sense IMO.

#23178 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Strange he only mentions SLE. SLE-only at $11k+ would be a big "F-you" to fans.

#23180 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Strange he only mentions SLE. SLE-only at $11k+ would be a big "F-you" to fans.

When I listen to the podcast it sounded like it was going to be a $25K machine. Just my thoughts.

#23181 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

When I listen to the podcast it sounded like it was going to be a $25K machine. Just my thoughts.

My guess is only a Premium plus model format like Elvira with lowest model $12k for the license. LE will need to be expensive or will sell out quick. I have an entire room of BTTF signed props and images so I'm totally in on an LE.

#23182 2 years ago

Enough of you were talking like Elwin himself confirmed BTTF that I clicked the audio clip.
Am I supposed to know who this is? Could be anybody making up any bs they want.
I'm half convinced crujones4life has made this to will BTTF into existence lol

#23183 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Enough of you were talking like Elwin himself confirmed BTTF that I clicked the audio clip.

exactly my thoughts

#23184 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Lol! No it wasn't me. It is from The Pinball Show Podcast.

#23185 2 years ago

Lol! No it wasn't me. It is from The Pinball Show Podcast.

Screenshot_20211122-145415_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211122-145415_Google (resized).jpg
#23186 2 years ago

All excited for this and you go pro? Huh..

#23187 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

However, to be fair Pros will probably be $10k by then so many may be settling.

#23188 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah man, I ain't greedy. Also, I ain't rich.

#23189 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

My guess is only a Premium plus model format like Elvira with lowest model $12k for the license. LE will need to be expensive or will sell out quick. I have an entire room of BTTF signed props and images so I'm totally in on an LE.

I agree.

#23190 2 years ago

Stern, or any manufacturer, can piss right off with $12k entry level pins. Won't be getting any of my money with pricing like that. My GZ Pro was pushing it for me...

#23191 2 years ago

GravitaR , don't hate...celebrate!

#23192 2 years ago

GravitaR , don't hate...celebrate!

LMAO, that made my night. Thanks.

#23193 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I could see 20k. Hard to imagine 25

#23194 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:https://vocaroo.com/1j1byFeX9Vab (The Pinball Show Podcast)
[quoted image]

40K by Christmas

#23195 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Stern, or any manufacturer, can piss right off with $12k entry level pins. Won't be getting any of my money with pricing like that. My GZ Pro was pushing it for me...

hahahaha, found this funny sorry... that is like scolding your dog with your index finger from 20 feet away after he peed the carpet and ending with a 'goooood boy!' while tossing a snack at him. lol

anyway, continue with more BTTF, JAWS and Harry Potter posts please, cheers. lolol
/endtroll

#23196 2 years ago

I don’t see them doing any more MCU tie-ins after the success of Deadpool & AIQ. Clearly they’ve learned you don’t need the movie clips to make a successful Marvel pin. Quite the opposite actually. The characters are the selling point. Just use the vast content of decades of comic content, then let your artists & video designers go wild.

Still plenty of fan favorite characters to focus a stand alone pin on…

Wolverine
Silver Surfer
The Punisher
Fantastic Four
Conan the Barbarian

#23197 2 years ago

I heard the cowboy bebop is a licence candidate from netflix. That kinda makes sense

#23198 2 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Unless I strike It rich, I won't be buying a NIB again. I FOMOd on Halloween and quite frankly it's silly telling(when they ask) people I spent 10gs on a toy lol. Hell, that might be cheap compared to the next price hike.

#23199 2 years ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I heard the cowboy bebop is a licence candidate from netflix. That kinda makes sense

If it's the live action license and not the original animation I will 100% believe I'm living in a simulation. Suicide watch if Stern's "artists" attempt custom animation.

#23200 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

If it's the live action license and not the original animation I will 100% believe I'm living in a simulation. Suicide watch if Stern's "artists" attempt custom animation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 464 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/464?hl=drain-o and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.