***What will be the*** "NEXT STERN PINBALL "machine??

By frankmac

1 year ago

Stats

• 2,320 posts
  • 431 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 245 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ED5ACA50-2B6E-4F45-AE98-CDD604014D0D.jpeg
Deadpool Fig (resized).jpg
Deadpool (resized).JPG
20180522_111020 (resized).jpg
Queen (resized).jpg
Raquel_Welch_16 (resized).jpg
AFFB2423-7D04-4401-A635-BE6231016B7E (resized).png
F6EF4115-AD82-495A-BC24-B430FC7C5A53 (resized).png
7CE09B00-9FD6-4D18-BB92-BA24D43B5788 (resized).jpeg
5C20E955-150B-483A-9474-8AA42E0BC608 (resized).jpeg
lily-for-doug-site_550x0 (resized).jpg
Unknown-2 (resized).jpeg
images-1 (resized).jpeg
WWr (resized).JPG
6915A23D-89D6-45AA-9558-B820C6508553 (resized).jpeg
9435AFE0-A89C-4907-AE48-73FB2D975718 (resized).jpeg

There are 2320 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 47.
#2251 15 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and no. The Beatles ('ses widows) are experinced licensors and with Rock Band: Beatles being great in Terms of freedom art direction wise that should be all good.
BUT what they weren't allowed was to change the music itself (so it had to play a note altough you didn't hit in in the game, wich breaks a lot of the games feedback). Considering that It'll propably be hard getting somebody screaming JACKPOT over some songs and giving David Thiel (or whomever) some hard time. :-/
Still, if the game is no turdfest I'd be in.

Music is generally easier to license than top tier movies and the Beatles probably license more items than any band out there. Im all in at any price if it's designed well.

#2252 15 days ago

What up on a Futurama pin for the ages?

#2253 14 days ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thats why Motorhead is a much better option. I like the Beatles but the music is shit for pinball.

Always wanted a Motörhead pin and so did Lemmy!

#2254 13 days ago

Seawitch II

#2255 13 days ago

Who cares!!! Node board failures,broke in box,having to fix stuff right out of the box,adjust this ,fix that, mods that kinda work, prices up every year! SLEs ,LEs, Pros ,no no just make SLEs and LEs more money more scam! Have you seen what there is to do on the brand new Houdini? Redo the shooter lane guide,adjust the catapult,as if they made the Damm thing why can't they make it work right!! This is getting stupid!

#2256 13 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Who cares!!! Node board failures,broke in box,having to fix stuff right out of the box,adjust this ,fix that, mods that kinda work, prices up every year! SLEs ,LEs, Pros ,no no just make SLEs and LEs more money more scam! Have you seen what there is to do on the brand new Houdini? Redo the shooter lane guide,adjust the catapult,as if they made the Damm thing why can't they make it work right!! This is getting stupid!

What's Houdini got to do with the price of Sterns?

#2257 13 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Take your brick city, slow call outs Houdini to another thread please.

#2258 11 days ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes and no. The Beatles ('ses widows) are experinced licensors and with Rock Band: Beatles being great in Terms of freedom art direction wise that should be all good.
BUT what they weren't allowed was to change the music itself (so it had to play a note altough you didn't hit in in the game, wich breaks a lot of the games feedback). Considering that It'll propably be hard getting somebody screaming JACKPOT over some songs and giving David Thiel (or whomever) some hard time. :-/
Still, if the game is no turdfest I'd be in.

Fun fact...the Beatles (and their relatives) are not the owners of the Beatles catalog. The catalog was owned by Michael Jackson and then sold to Sony. (https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7662519/beatles-catalog-paul-mccartney-brief-history-ownership).

Not sure who owns the rights to their likeness.

#2259 11 days ago
Quoted from Deadrock:

Fun fact...the Beatles (and their relatives) are not the owners of the Beatles catalog. The catalog was owned by Michael Jackson and then sold to Sony. (https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7662519/beatles-catalog-paul-mccartney-brief-history-ownership).
Not sure who owns the rights to their likeness.

There are MANY right to songs. I believe Michael Jackson only owned the publishing rights.

#2260 9 days ago

I'm two weeks late for the Queen debate, but I'd definitely be in on that. I don't have the skill or knowledge, but still think about re-themeing my Volcano, mostly because I think it would be cool to replace that butt ugly caveman with the robot from News of the World. And if I can't do that, maybe I could commission the Racquel Welch 1,000,000 Years BC overlay...

Raquel_Welch_16 (resized).jpg

Queen (resized).jpg

#2261 5 days ago

today i seen deadpool 2 ... I would love stern to produce this machine

#2262 5 days ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

today i seen deadpool 2 ... I would love stern to produce this machine

You get your wish. Well, at least part of it. Gomez is likely doing it.

#2263 5 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Obtienes tu deseo Bueno, al menos parte de eso. Es probable que Gómez lo esté haciendo.

yes !!!!!! hopefully !!! I would love this theme in a pinball

#2264 5 days ago

Who is doing the art on Deadpool?

#2265 5 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would bet Franchi... but what do I know?

Edit: And once again it's shown that I'm terrible at betting!!

#2266 5 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It's Zombie Yeti on art. Design by George Gomez and code by Tanio Klyce. Was confirmed on Head2Head podcast last week.

#2267 4 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Obtienes tu deseo Bueno, al menos parte de eso. Es probable que Gómez lo esté haciendo.

I would have preferred John Borg ... but even so I hope you take advantage of the license and make a good pin

#2268 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

It's Zombie Yeti on art. Design by George Gomez and code by Tanio Klyce. Was confirmed on Head2Head podcast last week.

Ha! I did the interview and didn't even notice he mentioned the coder. That's awesome.

#2269 4 days ago

Wow, Zombie Yeti on Deadpool . Back to back games. That’s fantastic .

#2270 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Comic based not movie based I am guessing?

#2271 4 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Comic based not movie based I am guessing?

Correct

#2272 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Did he actually say it was Deadpool? I thought it was just "The game John T was working on that got scrapped and restarted by Gomez" without mention of the name.

#2273 4 days ago

if it were comic version it would be great next to x-men ...

20180522_111020 (resized).jpg

#2274 4 days ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Did he actually say it was Deadpool? I thought it was just "The game John T was working on that got scrapped and restarted by Gomez" without mention of the name.

They didn't say the name Deadpool directly. But based on the leaked Deadpool picks and knowing that ZY was working on Deadpool it's easy to put 2 and 2 together. The leaked Deadpool pics looked like a Gomez game just based on the playfield elements.

#2275 4 days ago

what are those images?

#2276 4 days ago
Quoted from MikeS:

They didn't say the name Deadpool directly. But based on the leaked Deadpool picks and knowing that ZY was working on Deadpool it's easy to put 2 and 2 together. The leaked Deadpool pics looked like a Gomez game just based on the playfield elements (sword ramp and upper playfield).- LOTR inspired.

Did we "know" ZY was working on deadpool? or is that just assumed based on the look of the leaked pictures? I only ever saw the one cropped image with DP's face

#2277 4 days ago

» YouTube video
Start listening at 35:50 Deadpool was mentioned to be done by ZY.

#2278 4 days ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

» YouTube video Start listening at 35:50 Deadpool was mentioned to be done by ZY.

And at 32:50 he talks about Munsters

#2280 3 days ago

Can someone share the DP Leak images... Would be interesting to see how it looks

#2281 3 days ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Can someone share the DP Leak images... Would be interesting to see how it looks

I would like to see the Deadpool images again also if anyone has them..

#2282 3 days ago

Here is what has been going around the internet for a while.

Deadpool (resized).JPG

mods feel free to delete if not allowed, but it is out on the internet in other places.

#2283 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

mods feel free to delete if not allowed, but it is out on the internet in other places.

Nice layout. Hope that left flipper has good power to make that loop/ramp shot!!

#2284 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for posting whysnow. Game looks very cool i like the unique layout and I am happy that it seems to have other x men characters.

#2285 3 days ago

looks very cool - i will wait... and then decide DP vs. IMDN...

#2286 3 days ago

Interesting lay out.

How do you hit the upper left ramp?

Is there a 3rd flipper?

#2287 3 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Interesting lay out.
How do you hit the upper left ramp?
Is there a 3rd flipper?

It appears to the inner orbit and then it loops to the left ramp and back around. Possibly to an active ball lock over the shooter lane?

#2288 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Possibly to an active ball lock over the shooter lane?

Looks more like the balls will lock in the handle of the katana up by the pops. Zoom in and you can see multiple optos and a nylon up-post.

Later,
EV

#2289 3 days ago

I so very badly want that disco ball on the left ramp to be an actual working disco ball with some LEDs pointed at it and rotation.

#2290 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Esto es lo que ha estado circulando en internet por un tiempo.

mods puede borrarse si no está permitido, pero está disponible en Internet en otros lugares.

Uooooooooo!!!!!!!

#2291 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that a Deadpool funko pop?

#2292 3 days ago

1. Who's the designer? The shot geometry is legit AF.

2. Who's coding it?

3. Will Aerosmith be done by the time Deadpool is done so I can justify buying it?

#2293 3 days ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Is that a Deadpool funko pop?

Sure looks like it....

Later,
EV

Deadpool Fig (resized).jpg

#2294 3 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what is the mech/bracket at the right, above the shooter lane?
What is the shot at the right of left ramp?

#2295 3 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

You get your wish. Well, at least part of it. Gomez is likely doing it.

Is it the next or Elvira 3 first?

#2296 3 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Elvira 3

2019 for Elvira. As of TPF seminar, Gomez stated the code has not been started.

#2297 3 days ago
Quoted from chad:

Nice layout. Hope that left flipper has good power to make that loop/ramp shot!!

It looks like B66, all is on top of the playfield and 2/3 of the playfield feels empty.

#2298 3 days ago

I've been waiting for that white wood Deadpool photo to pop up here. I saw it a few months ago, but was sworn to secrecy. The next three games are well known themes, but ones I'm not into. I'm very excited for the next couple music pins coming out, but it sounds like a year and half out.

#2299 3 days ago

Is it the next or Elvira 3 first?

Elvira 3 is a long time away. Likely after Munsters and Beatles.

#2300 3 days ago

It looks like B66, all is on top of the playfield and 2/3 of the playfield feels empty.

It's Gomez. Lord of the Rings was the last awesome design he did, and that was 15 years ago. Sopranos, Batman, Transformers, Avengers and Batman'66 are all meh to poor designs. Software is saving BM'66 (finally!), but the game shoots clunky. He's had more design misses than hits, even in the Williams/Bally days. As always, hoping the design rut is broken with the next one, but judgment is reserved until delivery.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
7,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Riverside, CA
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
BumperNets Inc
$ 49.95
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 24.50
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chelmsford, MA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 129.00
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2320 posts in topic. You are on page 46 of 47.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside