IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 458 of 937.
#22851 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Here's a thought --- something that's NOT an IP. Gone are the days when someone just thought up a theme like High Speed or Funhouse or whatever. I don't know why everything has to be based on a movie/show/band, and then digress into opinionated conversations on whether or not that IP is cool or lame. I would kill for something that was just about pinball. </end rant>

BKSOR was only a couple of years ago. I love the game, but all I have heard is how it didn’t sell that well. It just seems like a matter of theme sells.

#22852 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Here's a thought --- something that's NOT an IP. Gone are the days when someone just thought up a theme like High Speed or Funhouse or whatever. I don't know why everything has to be based on a movie/show/band, and then digress into opinionated conversations on whether or not that IP is cool or lame. I would kill for something that was just about pinball. </end rant>

They are no longer in the "Risk Taking Arena" and have moved to the "Built In Audience/Guaranteed Sales Arena". That's why the inroads have already been paved to partner with Universal/Amblin and Disney. They have the keys to the media library and it's only a matter of the fine print as to which IP they move forward. If you want to know what to expect in the next 24 months, look at the top 15 IP hits from those two entities along with a TV hit or two sprinkled in.

Stern's world view of ONLY bands, TV, movies will be with us for a long time.

#22853 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I agree in theory, but for the same reason one-off restaurants struggle at first in contrast to franchised "Name Brand" ones, the idea of a new original title may be a higher risk of poor revenue on location. And with machines costing $7-8K, it's tougher to make ends meet when making wrong machine choices. That said, Funhouse and ToM are great examples of original content that drew in and hooked the curious from day-1. So many other titles too. It can be done....

#22854 2 years ago

Why o why no Superman pin.
Christopher Reeve based theme, like the one Franchi did the art on which was fantastic BTW.
Instant buy for me.
Is this a license black hole or something?

A6A8B90C-2580-4FE7-8F4F-A8BE6B71A2DA (resized).jpegA6A8B90C-2580-4FE7-8F4F-A8BE6B71A2DA (resized).jpeg
#22855 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I think you might want to check out AP, with titles like Houdini, Oktoberfest and now LOV.

#22856 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Those days are not gone. Go buy a Black Knight, Oktoberfest, Houdini, Valhalla, Lexi Lightspeed or America’s Most Haunted. Lots of recent original IP options

#22857 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Christopher Reeve based theme, like the one Franchi did the art on which was fantastic BTW.
Instant buy for me.
Is this a license black hole or something?[quoted image]

Same reason Stern didn’t do Beetlejuice supposedly. They passed because the design team wasn’t passionate about the license.

I’m not sure I buy that 100%. If the license is hot or big enough Stern tells the designers what what are working on to an extent.

#22858 2 years ago

For Disney, I'd be down for Wreck It Ralph and all the callbacks to the classic arcade games.

#22859 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

For Disney, I'd be down for Wreck It Ralph and all the callbacks to the classic arcade games.

Put me down for Tangled with a frying pan topper that hits me on the head for paying today's/tomorrow's crazy prices.

"You paid how much for a box with blinking lights?!""You paid how much for a box with blinking lights?!"

#22860 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Instant buy for me.
Is this a license black hole or something?[quoted image]

I’d blind buy a Superman 78 from Stern, JJP, or Chicago. If anybody else did it I’d have to see/play it first

#22861 2 years ago

Superman 78 All Day Long, Must have Richard Pryor in the game tho !!!! That machine is Stunning!!!

#22862 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Yes! Yes! Yes!.

#22863 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

BKSOR was only a couple of years ago. I love the game, but all I have heard is how it didn’t sell that well. It just seems like a matter of theme sells.

I own a premium and LOVE that game. I've heard they don't sell as well either, but subtract licensing costs of IP and I wonder what the profits were on it. In the end, I would think that is what really matters.... Still, the fact they don't do that more often makes me think you're right. It's too bad.

#22864 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think you might want to check out AP, with titles like Houdini, Oktoberfest and now LOV.

Great titles (though I'm not positive I loved the tables in the end) -- It's just that outside of BKSoR everything is IP. I would kill to have a Keith Elwin original. Godzilla is close because it doesn't take itself too seriously, but well... I dunno, half the time the IP makes me uninterested, more that interested.

#22865 2 years ago

I think the issue with recent non-licensed games is that we've just been unlucky. Most of them are not great designs. Dialed-in is well designed, but the theme could have been better. It still sold relatively well. If Elwin did a space theme, I think it would sell just as well as his licenced pins. Especially because they could put more toward the BOM.

#22866 2 years ago

When do you think Stern will announce next title
Have a deposit on DP pro and might change

#22867 2 years ago
Quoted from MrTilt:

When do you think Stern will announce next title
Have a deposit on DP pro and might change

Probably next month, shipping in Jan would be my guess, but they might wait a couple weeks later and announce at CES on Jan 5th like they did for Munsters.

#22868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably next month, shipping in Jan would be my guess, but they might wait a couple weeks later and announce at CES on Jan 5th like they did for Munsters.

Exciting.

62113_1015484 (resized).jpg62113_1015484 (resized).jpg
#22869 2 years ago

Can't wait to see how the clock tower and Flux Capacitor are integrated in the new BTTF!

FB_IMG_1636742163194 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742163194 (resized).jpg
#22870 2 years ago

Definitely need to be able to time travel ala DE Time Machine.

FB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742209082 (resized).jpg
#22871 2 years ago

It would be cool if you could start a timed mode that played Power of Love and showed you hanging on the back of cars skating. You'd have to keep ripping a spinner/orbit to keep it going.

FB_IMG_1636742298239 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1636742298239 (resized).jpg
#22872 2 years ago

They should bring the expression lighting back to simulate electricity for lightning strike, effect just before traveling time, + the flame trails when you hit 88 mph.

#22873 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

They should bring the expression lighting back to simulate electricity for lightning strike, effect just before traveling time, + the flame trails when you hit 88 mph.

Awesome idea!

#22874 2 years ago

Rush (Borg) - Dec/Jan

Disney/Marvel theme (Eddy) - April/May

Bond (was Ritchie, now Gomez/Kaminkow) - Aug/Sept

BTTF (Elwin) - Dec/Jan

Watcha all think?

#22875 2 years ago

Flip your order upside down and I would be happy.

#22876 2 years ago

I think I’m gonna save a lot of money not buying Sterns for the next year haha.

Quoted from crujones4life:

Rush (Borg) - Dec/Jan
BTTF (Elwin) - Dec/Jan
Watcha all think?

#22877 2 years ago

I'll take a McFlybanez LE

3bf11d8f59064ca9e7d585ae1f4f84d4 (resized).jpg3bf11d8f59064ca9e7d585ae1f4f84d4 (resized).jpgIMG_0721_1_grande (resized).jpgIMG_0721_1_grande (resized).jpg
#22878 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think I’m gonna save a lot of money not buying Sterns for the next year haha.

You don't like Bond or BTTF? What the hell do you want?

#22879 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Hendrix and Sabbath, me anyways

#22880 2 years ago

Black Sabbath
Beastie Boys
Adventure Time
Simpsons Treehouse of horror
Batman the Animated Series
DEVO
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Pulp Fiction
Wu Tang clan w/ tons of kung fu from the wutang collection films
Masters of the Universe
Pokémon
They Live
The Thing
Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Bobs Burgers
Ramones
Motorhead
Slayer
Van Halen
Parliament Funkadelic
Jimmy Hendrix Experience
Forbidden Zone
Prince
Legend of Zelda
Skyrim
Dungeons and Dragons
Magic the Gathering

BTTF and Bond are great themes. I’m just not personally excited about them.

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

#22881 2 years ago

Rush (Borg) - Dec/Jan
BTTF (Elwin) - Dec/Jan
Watcha all think?

mnpinball thoughts?

#22882 2 years ago

It would be cool if you could start a timed mode that played Power of Love and showed you hanging on the back of cars skating. You'd have to keep ripping a spinner/orbit to keep it going.
[quoted image]

Best timed mode would show the photo with him fading body part by body part and if you run out if time, he dissappears and you fail the mode.

Or maybe a mode you have to time with the lightning strike on the clock tower.

#22883 2 years ago

so we’ve got an all star lineup

Rush by Borg

??? by Brian Eddy with ZY art

Bond by Gomez

BTTF by Elwin with ZY art

The Pin by Danger

Why speculate beyond that? Heck it’s great knowing the next 5 Sterns. Now JJP has Toy Story and Matrix coming. CGC has CCr, CCr+ and Pulp Fiction.

#22884 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Rush by Borg
Bond by Gomez
The Pin by Danger

Some would call that a dream lineup …

… as in people are dreaming.

#22885 2 years ago

I’ll be excited to see this rumored CGC Pulp Fiction. That’ll be the only way they get my money.

Rush by Borg
Bond by Gomez
The Pin by Danger
Why speculate beyond that? Heck it’s great knowing the next 5 Sterns. Now JJP has Toy Story and Matrix coming. CGC has CCr, CCr+ and Pulp Fiction.

#22886 2 years ago

BTTF will need to be $15k plus on le. I’ve been on lists for years and still way down on list. Gonna be hard to get one if cheap.

#22887 2 years ago

I think a Nintendo theme in general would kill it.

I was playing Mario Party Superstars with my son just now and it made me think if they just had one with the major Nintendo characters in it and somehow tied it all together that could be really cool. Having something with Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong, etc, could be cool if done right.

But damn I would love a Mortal Kombat themed one. There is so much they could do with an MK theme from the earlier days of like MK1 - MK3. Endurance round, test your might, the pit, goro, just a lot. And the music/sound would be incredible.

#22888 2 years ago

X-men ‘97. With the right team would be stellar.

2840B00B-7480-428A-9428-F4F6B3EEDBC7 (resized).png2840B00B-7480-428A-9428-F4F6B3EEDBC7 (resized).png
#22889 2 years ago
Quoted from rob3:

X-men ‘97. With the right team would be stellar.
[quoted image]

I think the last Stern X-MEN Pin killed any chance of that. Still pretty cheap, even for an LE.

#22890 2 years ago

We’ve got an all-star lineup: The Pin by Danger

So Jack Danger doesn't get to design a cornerstone release?
He just gets stuck designing the next The Pin ?

#22891 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think the last Stern X-MEN Pin killed any chance of that. Still pretty cheap, even for an LE.

If the show is a hit (hard for animation) it doesn’t matter. 40 something’s would eat it alive.

#22892 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they redid that game with an LCD and video/audio assets from the 90s Cartoon and modern RGB lighting, I would jump on one. I've always been so so on that game but LOVED that show (it's my ringtone).

#22893 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If they redid that game with an LCD and video/audio assets from the 90s Cartoon and modern RGB lighting, I would jump on one. I've always been so so on that game but LOVED that show (it's my ringtone).

The audio/callouts would HAVE to be completely re-done. What they released is SO BAD.

#22894 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Black Sabbath
Beastie Boys
Adventure Time
Simpsons Treehouse of horror
Batman the Animated Series
DEVO
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Pulp Fiction
Wu Tang clan w/ tons of kung fu from the wutang collection films
Masters of the Universe
Pokémon
They Live
The Thing
Clockwork Orange
The Shining
Bobs Burgers
Ramones
Motorhead
Slayer
Van Halen
Parliament Funkadelic
Jimmy Hendrix Experience
Forbidden Zone
Prince
Legend of Zelda
Skyrim
Dungeons and Dragons
Magic the Gathering
BTTF and Bond are great themes. I’m just not personally excited about them.

OK. those are some good themes there. I like all but a few of those.

#22895 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I 100% expect Jack to be in the design rotation. Maybe he slots in at the Gomez/Kaminkow spot for 2023, but I'd love to see if he can get in the lineup before then.

#22896 2 years ago

I love this thread. I check it every other day, almost every day. I just find it entertaining and fun to read. Personally, I'm 1000% in on Rush or BTTF if one of them happen. Stern is king at this point in my opinion.

#22897 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

It is one thing to adjust an existing game but a whole different ballgame to start with a blank paper.

#22898 2 years ago

If its RUSH ill keep my deposit on DP Pro

#22899 2 years ago
Quoted from DthebodyT:

I love this thread. I check it every other day, almost every day. I just find it entertaining and fun to read. Personally, I'm 1000% in on Rush or BTTF if one of them happen. Stern is king at this point in my opinion.

You will be happy because Rush is happening and it's next.

There will not be a BTTF pin nor will there be a Jaws pin. Those two themes are not happening.

After Rush you will see another Marvel themed game. Then Bond.

#22900 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

There will not be a BTTF pin.

That’s a pretty definitive statement. What makes you so sure?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

13,200 (OBO)
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

11,855 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 458 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/458 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.