Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 457 of 942.
#22801 2 years ago

If Stern were to attempt a non licensed title, I think an American Revolution/ Patriotic theme with a humorous take and style like Medieval Madness, would be a hit. What do you all think?

#22802 2 years ago

BTTF...confirmed?! Slip of the tongue...

Screenshot_20211109-185410_Twitch (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211109-185410_Twitch (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211109-185456_Twitch (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211109-185456_Twitch (resized).jpg
#22803 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Not sure how that is supposed to be funny.
He means Geddy Lee, who had his named legally changed from "Gary Lee Weinrib." When he was young, one of his friends picked up on how his mother, with her thick Polish accent, pronounced "Gary" to sound like "Geddy." He started calling him that as a goof, and it stuck, and it was eventually made official.

I thought he meant Gary Stern, so I'm glad he brought it up, and you shed some light on a useful trivia nugget. Relax.

#22804 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator at a pinball bar that is all ages…I am begging for Pokémon. Thing would earn like no one has ever seen. C’mon Stern.
[quoted image]

I have a feeling Pokemon would pull insane money....right up the alley of the generation just now making some $$$.

#22805 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ Never understood these ratings.
How on earth can MM and AFM still be in the top 5.

They’re benchmark games. They’ve stood the test of time. It’s like saying Oasis is better than the Beatles because the Beatles are so old.

#22806 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

They’re benchmark games. They’ve stood the test of time. It’s like saying Oasis is better than the Beatles because the Beatles are so old.

Not really, they are benchmarks, because they set the bar. Be it Beatles or AFM, they are still legit. Age has nothing to do with it

#22807 2 years ago

Would love a holiday theme. Maybe something like a Harry Hanukkah vs Santa Claus. No license on those

#22808 2 years ago
F82E13C0-24EC-46D2-9973-5EC8DB799BAC (resized).jpegF82E13C0-24EC-46D2-9973-5EC8DB799BAC (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22809 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Because they shoot well, have humour, are easily approachable to new players, have depth for more experienced players, their themes are more generically fun and they've had 25 years as the benchmark for all around good game design.
These two games will likely always be top 10 titles.

I agree for all those reasons. Fantastic games that always pull me in when I see them.

#22810 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If Stern were to attempt a non licensed title, I think an American Revolution/ Patriotic theme with a humorous take and style like Medieval Madness, would be a hit. What do you all think?

I think you don't understand how the rest of the world feels about your country...

#22811 2 years ago

Too bad because our country “ saved the world” more than once.

#22812 2 years ago

Here we go…

#22813 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

...sigh
You've missed the point.
Moving on.

Edit: with Rememberance day looming, I feel that I should point out Canada has always been there as well(and many other countries). It's this line of blind "we're number one" thinking that solidifies my belief that your idea for an American Patriot game would tank outside of a few states. Internationally? Hahahaha.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I don't feel like being drawn into something bigger than just thinking you had a poorly thought out pinball theme idea.

#22814 2 years ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I would buy a Pokemon machine sight unseen. Would have to have the LE.

LE? Wouldn't you need to collect them all?

Would lend itself perfectly for the insider connected awards/rewards/achievement stuff, and have cross platform potential too.

#22815 2 years ago

I think what both of you are describing is already a theme. Fuck Yeah!

136AC98B-D60D-43C6-8225-01220143A7F7 (resized).jpeg136AC98B-D60D-43C6-8225-01220143A7F7 (resized).jpeg
#22816 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

BTTF...confirmed?! Slip of the tongue...

I love your enthusiasm for for BTTF, lol

I’d be shocked if Stern isn’t/hasn’t pursued Nintendo products like Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, etc. I feel like video game properties are the next stage of evolution for licenses.

#22817 2 years ago

Indoctrinated much?

Quoted from Budman:

#22818 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Well - we did produce Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, so there’s one…

#22819 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I’d be shocked if Stern isn’t/hasn’t pursued Nintendo products like Pokémon, Mario, Zelda, etc. I feel like video game properties are the next stage of evolution for licenses.

I'm telling ya man. He was like yeah BTTF, hope you're all excited for that...and then subject changed.

#22820 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator at a pinball bar that is all ages…I am begging for Pokémon. Thing would earn like no one has ever seen. C’mon Stern.
[quoted image]

Agreed. Not a pokemon fan myself, but if this showed up in an arcade there would be a line a mile deep of little kids to play it. 3 ball drain and done, next kid. There would also be a ton of pinball people with money in their 30s after this. If you want to bring pinball into the next generation...

Poke (resized).jpgPoke (resized).jpg
#22821 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

I am telling you, Nintendo is a hard license. I did some work with them a few years back and they were 10x harder than Disney.

#22822 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Indoctrinated much?

I believe the word your meant to use was “educated”.

#22823 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Hell, even I've saved the world from invading Martians a handful of times.

#22824 2 years ago

Keith's BTTF will be amazing!
[quoted image]

Called it 4 months ago.

#22825 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Agreed. Not a pokemon fan myself, but if this showed up in an arcade there would be a line a mile deep of little kids to play it. 3 ball drain and done, next kid. There would also be a ton of pinball people with money in their 30s after this. If you want to bring pinball into the next generation...
[quoted image]

Don't forget the Pikachu topper!

#22826 2 years ago

Will someone explain to me why that supposedly confirms BTTF? I’d love that to be true but don’t see it.

#22827 2 years ago

Same here, I’m a bit old to be a fan of the show myself but I do see it’s massive potential for a theme. Plus cartoons in general really make for great pinball. I could see Pokémon out earning Simpsons Pinball Party and that game sucked tokens out of people from across the room haha.

[quoted image]

#22828 2 years ago

no, I meant exactly what I said.

Quoted from Damonator:

I believe the word your meant to use was “educated”.

#22829 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am telling you, Nintendo is a hard license. I did some work with them a few years back and they were 10x harder than Disney.

It is very hard - probably never happen

#22830 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Will someone explain to me why that supposedly confirms BTTF? I’d love that to be true but don’t see it.

Last night's slip by Danger was just the most recent tidbit. He literally said "Yeah BTTF, hope you're all excited for that." Today Kaneda said its Elwins next game and a dream theme for him.

#22831 2 years ago

Last night's slip by Danger was just the most recent tidbit. He literally said "Yeah BTTF, hope you're all excited for that." Today Kaneda said its Elwins next game and a dream theme for him.

epic if true. can't wait

#22832 2 years ago

If it’s Elwins next game it will likely be one to two years out.

#22833 2 years ago

If that is the case.... it is time to get on the LE list. Wait... it might already be sold out!

#22834 2 years ago

For Pokemon Premium model could be Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle colors with limited edition being the Pikachu model. The topper would be the Master Ball with does the glowing each time you collect a Pokemon.

Yes the license would be near impossible because Pokemon is two companies. Nintendo & Gamefreak. I am sure Gamefreak would totally be down for a license. However, Pokemon has netted more than any other single asset in the world as far as children entertainment and I don't think Nintendo would see the up side to leasing out the license.

Just my opinion.

#22836 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If it’s Elwins next game it will likely be one to two years out.

Next year. 2022.

#22837 2 years ago

Rush
Marvel themed game (yes another Marvel theme)
Bond

No BBTF or Jaws

#22838 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

No BBTF or Jaws

You silly willy.

#22839 2 years ago

I expect there will be many Disney-themed games coming. Stern wants to lock down Disney to steal the IP from the other manufacturers (probably a smart move). Doing so is going to make Disney say then give us a game every so often (year or whatever). Given that I doubt "A Bug's Life" is going to make a new game anytime soon, its going to be new Disney content, which is largely revolving around Star Wars and Marvel these days. As long as the two or three releases between are good content that is unique, like Godzilla, then I think people will still have their options. People that buy every machine and hold, will just end up with a ton of Disney content.

#22840 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

I expect there will be many Disney-themed games coming. Stern wants to lock down Disney to steal the IP from the other manufacturers (probably a smart move). Doing so is going to make Disney say then give us a game every so often (year or whatever). Given that I doubt "A Bug's Life" is going to make a new game anytime soon, its going to be new Disney content, which is largely revolving around Star Wars and Marvel these days. As long as the two or three releases between are good content that is unique, like Godzilla, then I think people will still have their options. People that buy every machine and hold, will just end up with a ton of Disney content.

Well they own Fox so I think a Spider-Man game is coming. They purposely left Spider-Man out of the the Avengers IQ. I think it is because he is getting a dedicated pin.

Also they own Touchstone so maybe- Nightmare Before Christmas, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Prestige, Starship Troopers, Die Hard, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

#22841 2 years ago
Quoted from atum:

Disney has so many fun options. I can't imagine many that I would be disappointed in. Maybe it's the preschool teacher in me, but I'd enjoy playing Toy Story Pinball LMAO

#22842 2 years ago
Quoted from MamaLovesPinball:

Disney has so many fun options. I can't imagine many that I would be disappointed in. Maybe it's the preschool teacher in me, but I'd enjoy playing Toy Story Pinball LMAO

A black and white steamboat willy would be cool.

#22843 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Well they own Fox so I think a Spider-Man game is coming. They purposely left Spider-Man out of the the Avengers IQ. I think it is because he is getting a dedicated pin.
Also they own Touchstone so maybe- Nightmare Before Christmas, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Prestige, Starship Troopers, Die Hard, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Spiderman is Sony, so that's a different licensing deal. But The Prestige is my favorite movie! Not sure how to "pinball" it, but I'd be down for it.

#22844 2 years ago
Quoted from MamaLovesPinball:

The long-standing rumor is that Toy Story is with JJP. But that's been rumored for years before Stern got into it with Disney the last few years. So my guess is that is one of the last Disney themes we will see from a non-Stern manufacturer.

#22845 2 years ago

I'm not sure what the pinball scene is like in US but in Australia kids don't play pinball and people in their 30's are wondering how the f%^k they are ever going to save for a house deposit, not considering which pinball to buy next.

Arcades here are almost non-existent and if you do find one with pinballs it will be a bar and kids are not allowed in.

Pokemon fans didn't grow up playing pinball.

#22846 2 years ago

I would really like to see Stern do a Nightmare Before Christmas or Alice in Wonderland Pin. A Hercules pin would also be a cool pin.

#22847 2 years ago

Would BeetleJuice translate? I think it might, in the same way Munsters did. But would people under the ago of 40 understand the reference or remember the movie?

#22848 2 years ago

[quoted image]

With insider connected, Stern could do a "gotta catch 'em all" where each location machine is a particular pokemon. The possibilities are endless.

#22849 2 years ago

Here's a thought --- something that's NOT an IP. Gone are the days when someone just thought up a theme like High Speed or Funhouse or whatever. I don't know why everything has to be based on a movie/show/band, and then digress into opinionated conversations on whether or not that IP is cool or lame. I would kill for something that was just about pinball. </end rant>

#22850 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

With insider connected, Stern could do a "gotta catch 'em all" where each location machine is a particular pokemon. The possibilities are endless.

I said something similar to this. I would love the idea of playing a machine on location in Florida and catching water Pokémon. Or playing one in Iowa and catching a grass type. Maybe in Colorado catch a rock type. I think it would be so much fun trying to catch them all. Hopefully international isn’t a requirement to catch certain ones and each geography could allow you to catch them all. I think it could be pretty awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 549.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 47,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 457 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/457 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.