20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 942.
#22751 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Did someone say Alien? [quoted image]

Beautiful place Kciaccio, I love those 3 games. Congratulations you lucky b…

#22752 2 years ago

It’s not that I don’t like his style, I quite like low brow flat graphic work. His execution is poor and he clearly lacks an understanding of some basic concepts. He’s just a weak artist. My opinion? Possibly. Be he certainly ain’t getting meaningful recognition in the world fine art. That’s for sure. Guy is no Vermeer. Moving on.

Quoted from Damonator:

Not true at all about Martinez - that SW Comic art is flipping awesome. I prefer his work over ZY actually.
I get it that you don’t like his style, but you don’t need to bag on him and act like he doesn’t have talent. The dude has mad talent and I would consider buying his next title for no other reason than having him on deck for the art.

#22753 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - it’s Gomez - but he started over from scratch on the layout.

Since this is phrased as a fact, what's the source for that info?

#22754 2 years ago

Please.

7E4B5032-5939-457F-96E6-11214E9F7E71 (resized).jpeg7E4B5032-5939-457F-96E6-11214E9F7E71 (resized).jpeg
#22755 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I could get down with James Bond, especially if it was Classic Connery era (personal favorite). I have zero interest in Harry Potter but I get that it is or at one time was a phenomenon. BTTF…hell yes! Same for Matrix, I LOVE alien but with Pinball Bros release I doubt that happens anytime this decade

A new Bond would be awesome though I think it would be based on Craig and Connery. I agree though - Connery would be cool but I don't see it. So much could be done with this theme regardless!

For now - anxiously awaiting Rush.

#22756 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Man, now thats a solid line up of pins I want to get my hands on!

#22757 2 years ago

I would love a drawn version of Bond. They could do like JJP did with the Willy Wonka Kids and make it a collection/Multiball setup. Also maybe each Bond's best movie could be a mode or they all could be up against Spectre.

#22758 2 years ago

Since it seems an open secret that Rush is next, what are you looking for?

Me -- no sign of Geddy, Alex or Neil on the playfield. Not a "band" pin.

Looking for a sci-fi / fantasy narrative seeped in 2112.

#22759 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Me -- no sign of Geddy, Alex or Neil on the playfield. Not a "band" pin.
Looking for a sci-fi / fantasy narrative seeped in 2112.

Heavy use of all to the great concert assets, including the humor and self depreciation. If possible cameos from Jerry Stiller, South Park, I Love You Man.
Hue Syme art on playfield and cabinet, BackGlass.
Blah Blah Blah Switch Mode.
Lots of shots and great code.
Many songs…and not just the popular songs.

Probably too much to ask for

#22760 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And there’s no way in hell Stern will do two Boba Fett games.

Mando is not a Boba Fett game and with how much marketing Disney is gonna be pushing at Book of Boba Fett soon, it might be smart.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Also feel like Martinez is the bottom of the barrel of Stern’s graphic artists. New blood needed. Dudes work on Mando looks like crayola crayons, he doesn’t have a firm understanding of color mixing, figure drawing or composition.

Martinez is one of the top Star Wars artists. There couldn't be someone better to do the art packages for Star Wars titles. Lucasfilm even specifically asked Stern to have Martinez do it. Not liking his art style is fine, but this is who Lucasfilm trusts the most with their IP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#22761 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Heavy use of all to the great concert assets, including the humor and self depreciation. If possible cameos from Jerry Stiller, South Park, I Love You Man.

Hopefully Geddy is personally involved as he goes all in with things he is passionate about!

#22762 2 years ago

You mean “Gary”

#22763 2 years ago

Yeah, George Lucas is an idiot though.

Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Mando is not a Boba Fett game and with how much marketing Disney is gonna be pushing at Book of Boba Fett soon, it might be smart.

Martinez is one of the top Star Wars artists. There couldn't be someone better to do the art packages for Star Wars titles. Lucasfilm even specifically asked Stern to have Martinez do it. Not liking his art style is fine, but this is who Lucasfilm trusts the most with their IP.

#22764 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

You mean “Gary”

Not sure how that is supposed to be funny.

He means Geddy Lee, who had his named legally changed from "Gary Lee Weinrib." When he was young, one of his friends picked up on how his mother, with her thick Polish accent, pronounced "Gary" to sound like "Geddy." He started calling him that as a goof, and it stuck, and it was eventually made official.

#22765 2 years ago

Regardless. One of the best bass players/musician ever born.

#22766 2 years ago

Has there been any talk of an Archer pin? Different layout than the one-off.

#22767 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Regardless. One of the best bass players/musician ever born.

Quoted from dr_nybble:

Hopefully Geddy is personally involved as he goes all in with things he is passionate about!

I can't see Geddy not being involved to some degree. He finished his book and book tour, the Rush beer is out and now the natural progression is a pinball machine project.

My favorite band of all time, I've seen them 6-7 times. I remember bumping into Geddy at a sub shop once back in the late 80's. Stupid me had no paper or pen for an autograph. Pre-cell phone.

So excited to see this machine.

#22768 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

I like the way you think. The band's humor would surprise a lot of people and then Hue Syme...damn! Although a pin based entirely on 2112 wouldn't be so bad either.

#22769 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

I can't see Geddy not being involved to some degree. He finished his book and book tour, the Rush beer is out and now the natural progression is a pinball machine project.
My favorite band of all time, I've seen them 6-7 times. I remember bumping into Geddy at a sub shop once back in the late 80's. Stupid me had no paper or pen for an autograph. Pre-cell phone.
So excited to see this machine.

Easy to connect the dots:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#22770 2 years ago

I am curious if anyone has gotten their Rush LE and what they think of it.

#22771 2 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I am curious if anyone has gotten their Rush LE and what they think of it.

No announcement of a Rush pinball yet.

#22772 2 years ago

I am not against the Rush title, nor am I over the moon for it. I do like Rush though. If any of you guys are readers, I HIGHLY recomend Neil Peart's Ghost Rider. It was well done and kept me engaged, I think I finished it in a couple days. I don't know how he kept moving forward through what he went through.

#22773 2 years ago

Probably not enough popularity anymore to ever catch traction, but I would love to see..

1. The Princess Bride-imagine the call outs alone

2. Masters Of the universe.

3. Power Rangers

#22774 2 years ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Probably not enough popularity anymore to ever catch traction, but I would love to see..
3. Power Rangers

Inconceivable!

That would be some solid titles I would enjoy the hell out of!

#22775 2 years ago

As an operator at a pinball bar that is all ages…I am begging for Pokémon. Thing would earn like no one has ever seen. C’mon Stern.

1C5C9DF2-C06A-458F-BEB1-210948F90CA4 (resized).jpeg1C5C9DF2-C06A-458F-BEB1-210948F90CA4 (resized).jpeg
#22776 2 years ago

Downton Abbey…(drops mic)

#22777 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator at a pinball bar that is all ages…I am begging for Pokémon. Thing would earn like no one has ever seen. C’mon Stern.
[quoted image]

I would buy a Pokemon machine sight unseen. Would have to have the LE.

#22778 2 years ago

Hendrix!!!!!!

#22779 2 years ago

Hard agree that if we’re doing music pins it should Hendrix for SURE…and Black Sabbath

#22780 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hard agree that if we’re doing music pins it should Hendrix for SURE…and Black Sabbath

I did a Hendrix Pinsound orchestration for my Dr Who. Pretty fun.

#22781 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

ACID TRIP MULTIBALL

#22782 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

WAR PIGs WIZARD MODE!!!!

#22784 2 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Has there been any talk of an Archer pin? Different layout than the one-off.

Archer peaked about 4yrs ago. Diminishing returns for years now. Archer bus has sailed.

#22785 2 years ago

‘Machine Gun’ multiball

Quoted from acedanger:

ACID TRIP MULTIBALL

#22786 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

room for one more pin!

Quoted from Hangry:

3. Power Rangers

Pulp Fiction is still at the top of my list but Princess Bride would be a must purchase.

#22787 2 years ago
Quoted from greenstreet:

room for one more pin!

Pulp Fiction is still at the top of my list but Princess Bride would be a must purchase.

Def Pulp Fiction & Breaking Bad!!

#22788 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

- All eras of music represented, not just 70's (yes, I am one of the weirdos who actually loves 80's Rush....so sue me).
- Agreed on more of the sci-fi/fantasy story-telling, and less of the band portraits.
- Album art, album art, album art (let's have the Owl, the Star/man, the picture Movers, the dalmatian, the magic hat bunnies, the Clockwork symbols....I want it all!)
- Neil's Time Machine drum kit = steampunk extraordinaire!
- Agreed on the humor aspect. We totally need a secret "Rash!" mode.
- Please oh please borrow Keith's Archer project video mode ("It's called Y-Y-Zed, and it's impossible!")

I'm sure I can think of more.....just give me time.....

Later,
EV

#22789 2 years ago

if we are doing 80'd please Stern do a Culture Club Pinball

#22790 2 years ago

I just don't understand why anyone would want a pin about Rush. Is he that popular?
Rush (resized).jpgRush (resized).jpg

#22791 2 years ago

when are new games typically announced throughout the year?

#22792 2 years ago

Rush should have functioning drum kit where you can hit the balls against real drums to play along with Rush songs for points.

#22793 2 years ago

Go, go Godzilla!!!

7032CA86-2C9C-483C-8560-0784910942D6 (resized).jpeg7032CA86-2C9C-483C-8560-0784910942D6 (resized).jpeg
#22794 2 years ago

^^^ Never understood these ratings.
How on earth can MM and AFM still be in the top 5.

#22795 2 years ago

Sorry Godzilla doesn't hold a candle to MM

#22796 2 years ago

Godzilla is BAD ASS

#22797 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

when are new games typically announced throughout the year?

I'd say there's not much of a pattern. Would be even harder to predict during the Covid-19 pandemic.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?mfgid=303&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

#22798 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I trust Gomez over Ritchie anyway. And there’s no way in hell Stern will do two Boba Fett games. Also feel like Martinez is the bottom of the barrel of Stern’s graphic artists. New blood needed. Dudes work on Mando looks like crayola crayons, he doesn’t have a firm understanding of color mixing, figure drawing or composition.

Wow, this is a personal opinion for sure and far from reality regarding Randy’s skill and color choices.

#22799 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

^^^ Never understood these ratings.

Just my opinion of course, but I find MM and especially AFM are very approachable and understandable games to most everyone including those new to pinball, so maybe that's why they get high ratings. I'd probably put Godzilla premium (haven't played the pro) ahead of AFM personally, but I do like MM better than both.

#22800 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Because they shoot well, have humour, are easily approachable to new players, have depth for more experienced players, their themes are more generically fun and they've had 25 years as the benchmark for all around good game design.
These two games will likely always be top 10 titles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 47,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 456 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/456?hl=crobby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.