Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 938.
#22651 2 years ago

After personally buying three pins in a few month and many people getting Godzilla and Cactus canyon I hope Sterns next one is good or they might not sell well. Many people I think are broke right now lol. Big pass on Rush. Hoping for BTTF but doubt it’s coming. Anyone have an in and knows anything? People called mando and Godzilla way before hand.

#22652 2 years ago

It’s Rush…Rush is next. A lot of people are going to be able to give their wallets a rest.

Quoted from beltking:

After personally buying three pins in a few month and many people getting Godzilla and Cactus canyon I hope Sterns next one is good or they might not sell well. Many people I think are broke right now lol. Big pass on Rush. Hoping for BTTF but doubt it’s coming. Anyone have an in and knows anything? People called mando and Godzilla way before hand.

#22653 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Please remember "An empty barrel makes the most noise". If the next Stern pin was Dogshit on a Stick, you wouldn't see me on here constantly bashing it...

Thanks for posting this man… I’m in the same thought.

Frankly I simply don’t get some comments for a simple game that is a Dream Pinball for many of us. I don’t like lots of games around so I just don’t buy them , never even visit those threads

I’m in for RUSH 100%, because I love the band, love their songs, personally It is a Dream Pinball for me… and most important it’s my money fortunately

#22654 2 years ago

Any idea when we can expect a Mandalorian topper announcement?

#22655 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1635750119633 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635750119633 (resized).jpg
#22656 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

After personally buying three pins in a few month and many people getting Godzilla and Cactus canyon I hope Sterns next one is good or they might not sell well. Many people I think are broke right now lol.

Many new buyers fund purchases with the sale of older pins. With used prices where they are - it's easy to sell a pin you paid $1000 for and is now worth $6000 to get a new Stern.

#22657 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Teletubbies would sellout first day the way things are going lately.

The LEs would. I inquired with a distributor about Rush, and apparently all LEs are spoken for by his "buy every LE that comes out" customers sight unseen. No way I'm paying some flipper's price, so guess I'll have to make do with a Premium.

We Rush fans are rabid. Stern ought to make this LE run much larger than normal, or they may wind up sitting on a ton of Pros.

#22658 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

The LEs would. I inquired with a distributor about Rush, and apparently all LEs are spoken for by his "buy every LE that comes out" customers sight unseen. No way I'm paying some flipper's price, so guess I'll have to make do with a Premium.
We Rush fans are rabid. Stern ought to make this LE run much larger than normal, or they may wind up sitting on a ton of Pros.

I think 600 is probably a good number for Rush LE, especially if it is $10,500 like Godzilla LE. Not as much appeal internationally as the usual licenses.

#22659 2 years ago

We Rush fans are rabid. Stern ought to make this LE run much larger than normal.

What do you consider a normal size run?

#22660 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What do you consider a normal size run?

I have no idea, I just know that as things stand, I'm gonna be SOL finding an LE at MSRP if my local distibutor is any indication.

#22661 2 years ago

I have no idea, I just know that as things stand, I'm gonna be SOL finding an LE at MSRP if my local distibutor is any indication.

Depends, Zeppelin LEs were available at MSRP from distros after was shown..lol, depends on how much people hate the pin before it’s actually available.

#22662 2 years ago

Why not.?

A765772A-515D-442E-969C-CC032ED3CFDA (resized).jpegA765772A-515D-442E-969C-CC032ED3CFDA (resized).jpeg
#22663 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Why not.?
[quoted image]

Yeah Stern needs a other Star Wars pin

#22664 2 years ago

Disney is going to beat that franchise to death

#22665 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The book of Boba Fett.

Dear Diary: Today I ate some bantha jerky then went down to the Mos Eisley cantina to check out some alien chicks.

#22666 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Why not.?
[quoted image]

Because Stern put minimal effort into the last two cornerstone Star Wars they did. Plus there's THE PIN version. And the comic reskin. All within the last 4 years. Pretty sure that teat's dry for now.

#22667 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Dear Diary: Today I ate some bantha jerky then went down to the Mos Eisley cantina to check out some alien chicks.

Gary please DO NOT make a Bantha Jerky Edition.

#22668 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Because Stern put minimal effort into the last two cornerstone Star Wars they did. Plus there's THE PIN version. And the comic reskin. All within the last 4 years. Pretty sure that teat's dry for now.

Why di I see so much hate for Mando on here. I'd have kept ours if I didn't need the space and Cash. Very enjoyable game with a very straight forward set of rules.

#22669 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Why di I see so much hate for Mando on here. I'd have kept ours if I didn't need the space and Cash. Very enjoyable game with a very straight forward set of rules.

Not really HATE, just that there was a relatively low BOM and limited software development done on them. Stern didn't care. Compare that to Godzilla and the divide is very clear.

#22670 2 years ago

Re - Boba Fett

During the Making of Mandalorian panel at Expo this weekend, Randy Martinez (official approved Star Wars artist) mentioned that making pinball art was the coolest project he has ever worked on and he can't wait to do the next one.

From that statement, you might infer that there are more Star Wars titles to come.

#22671 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Re - Boba Fett
During the Making of Mandalorian panel at Expo this weekend, Randy Martinez (official approved Star Wars artist) mentioned that making pinball art the was coolest project he has ever worked on and he can't wait to do the next one.
From that statement, you might infer that there are more Star Wars titles to come.

Or that he is working on BTTF...he has done BTTF art previously.

I hope Dwight codes it. Don't care who designs it.
408829-2 (resized).jpg408829-2 (resized).jpg

#22672 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image]

IF BTTF is a real thing I would only expect Dwight to be on software, which would be awesome.

#22673 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image]

It’s a little amateur looking, I would much prefer Franchi on BTTF something like he did with BM66 and Munsters, that realistic drawn look would be amazing on BTTF!

#22674 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Re - Boba Fett
During the Making of Mandalorian panel at Expo this weekend, Randy Martinez (official approved Star Wars artist) mentioned that making pinball art the was coolest project he has ever worked on and he can't wait to do the next one.

Or that since he’s an approved Star Wars artist, that he’s expecting to complete more art related to Star Wars, and was not suggesting another pinball machine?

#22675 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not really HATE, just that there was a relatively low BOM and limited software development done on them. Stern didn't care. Compare that to Godzilla and the divide is very clear.

Was there? I mean do we know for sure? I know everyone is saying Gary gave Keith a blank cheque but you don’t get the longevity and success in any business by handing out blank cheques and Gary is as smart as a whip!

I can’t see Sterns BOM differing too much from game to game, especially since their revenue/profit is likely calculated around sales expectations, which seem to have a minimum number as a few distributors have suggested they have to order so many of each new title to maintain their distributor status.

Star Wars is simply an expensive IP. Godzilla on the other hand is surely far far cheaper in comparison and possibly even cheaper than any of Sterns other recent licences so that in turn gives them more money to put on the playfield.

Obviously a little guessing on my part but Star Wars is well known to be a monster licence and it likely comes with a monster cost. Saying that though I don’t think there’s a lack of engineering on Mando, I think they likely ran out of money in the BOM for the back left corner which is why we ended up with statue Grogu. I definitely wouldn’t say the software work is limited, what’s there is great and some of the stuff that’s hopefully coming will be fantastic, add in a little more theme integration/polish and Mando is an extremely well coded game, probably my favourite Dwight package as it’s integrated into the theme perfectly!

#22676 2 years ago

I would love to see a classic Power Rangers pin. Set it up like TMNT, you can pick your Ranger. Those Zords and some of those bad guys would make awesome little toys.

#22677 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I would love to see a classic Power Rangers pin. Set it up like TMNT, you can pick your Ranger. Those Zords and some of those bad guys would make awesome little toys.

Screenshot_20211102-172514_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211102-172514_Chrome (resized).jpg
#22678 2 years ago

I’m a noob to this scene but if there was a Mortal Kombat pin that came out with was themed towards the first 2 games I would be all over it.

#22679 2 years ago

The only picture in this thread that matters...

4DBA788D-5FE6-4A03-B8D1-AF0FEAE06423 (resized).png4DBA788D-5FE6-4A03-B8D1-AF0FEAE06423 (resized).png
#22680 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

The new Amazon Middle-Earth series.....new pin or retheme of LOTR?

I would buy a vault LOtR so fast

#22681 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

The only picture in this thread that matters...[quoted image]

Is this for real?

#22682 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Is this for real?

Yes, and Doc Brown works at Stern

#22683 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Anyone know when the LE's ship?

#22684 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Why not? Slash works at JJP.

#22685 2 years ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Why not? Slash works at JJP.

This is not real, it was mocked up a few years ago and has been getting used ever since.

#22686 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

This is not real, it was mocked up a few years ago and has been getting used ever since.

Got ya. They need to make it soon.

#22687 2 years ago

I wish I knew and played enough pinball to know a difference in designers!

#22688 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

Disney is going to beat that franchise to death

they already have

#22689 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's apparent that there's a budget and it's the designer (or producer?) is responsible for getting the most out of the pin based on budget.

This is why design team matters. Brian Eddy is not cut from the Home Use Only pin cloth.

#22690 2 years ago
Quoted from horse_cop:

I would buy a vault LOtR so fast

Same for TRON, but I think Stern is set for a good while with the new builds - and they seem to have a few queued up right behind them.

Except for the Iron Man VE that Stern is doing now I don't expect any other VEs until 2023 or later.

#22691 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It's apparent that there's a budget and it's the designer (or producer?) is responsible for getting the most out of the pin based on budget.
This is why design team matters. Brian Eddy is not cut from the Home Use Only pin cloth.

Elwin actually spoke a little about this in his Expo seminar. The Godzilla team were sure the bridge was going to get cut, he said they had to make it cool enough that it couldn't be cut for cost, cool enough to convince people it would sell more units because of it. So I don't think its a firm 'here's your budget' I think designers make the best version of what they want and then there's negotiation of what gets cut to fit cost

#22692 2 years ago

Cmon dude there’s going to be a huge difference in cost between licensing Star Wars and Godzilla.

#22693 2 years ago

Given the art direction of Godzilla, I don't think The license holders give a hoot lol

#22694 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cmon dude there’s going to be a huge difference in cost between licensing Star Wars and Godzilla.

Of course there is. But there's still a budget. I'd rather have force magnets than the hyper loop though. That's a designer decision. Ritchie was hellbent on that Getaway rehash.

#22695 2 years ago

Of course there is. But there's still a budget. I'd rather have force magnets than the hyper loop though. That's a designer decision. Ritchie was hellbent on that Getaway rehash.

Dunno. It's pretty thrilling when you get that loaded up with all the balls (and the shot to do that over and over is NOT easy). That and the lightsaber battle intro are the two best things about the Prem/LE, IMO. I think leaving out the force magnet was pathetic, but I wouldn't TRADE the hyperloop for that. It should have had both.

#22696 2 years ago

Nevermind.

#22697 2 years ago

Marty - "Doc, when are these fools at Stern gonna release BTTF?!"

Doc - "I dunno Marty, but when they do you're gonna see some serious shit!"

FB_IMG_1635999047421 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1635999047421 (resized).jpg
#22698 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. It's pretty thrilling when you get that loaded up with all the balls (and the shot to do that over and over is NOT easy). That and the lightsaber battle intro are the two best things about the Prem/LE, IMO. I think leaving out the force magnet was pathetic, but I wouldn't TRADE the hyperloop for that. It should have had both.

Fun mech, I just always felt it was on the wrong theme/game. Would have been amazing to see Ritchie use it on High Speed 3 and ran with the force magnets on Star Wars.

#22699 2 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The next band after Rush is rumored to be The Monkees ... so ya got that going for ya, if that's your thing.

The Monkees are so quiche they’d make for an interesting pin. Imagine Franchi art covering every spare inch of space. A large lcd in backbox looping episodes and they have 100% of assets. Maybe some live concert (performance) footage with badass lighting, all synchronized to the millisecond. New sculpts from Back Alley. Original call outs from surviving band members.

Anyone else want a Monkees pin? Bueller? Bueller? OK I’ll state the obvious. The pin we really want Stern to make is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Now that would be fun!

#22700 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The Monkees are so quiche they’d make for an interesting pin. Imagine Franchi art covering every spare inch of space. A large lcd in backbox looping episodes and they have 100% of assets. Maybe some live concert (performance) footage with badass lighting, all synchronized to the millisecond. New sculpts from Back Alley. Original call outs from surviving band members.
Anyone else want a Monkees pin? Bueller? Bueller? OK I’ll state the obvious. The pin we really want Stern to make is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Now that would be fun!

Oddly enough, I'd be a day 1 Monkees buyer. Funny how all of us have themes that we'd go in on right away, and others think they are terrible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,853 posts in this topic. You are on page 454 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/454?hl=mrcleanhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.